[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Do These Still Exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: gay-optimised.jpg (86KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
gay-optimised.jpg
86KB, 960x717px
Let's get right down to the point here folks gay bars no longer exist. They're just bars with gay decorations and themes in them to get straight tourists who just "Don't want to deal with the nastiness of regular bars" to come in and spend money. They're not a place for gay men at all anymore so why still call them "gay bars" when they're not? Lesbian bars are still lesbian bars for lesbians but gay bars just don't exist anymore.

They're like "Japanese clubs" that are exclusively 99% white people and that one kid who's like 1/4 Japanese.

also they're now the target of terrorist attacks so why even bother going? Surely there's better ways for gay men to meet up in 2017 than a bar that's 90% straight people looking for a good time in a "diverse" place filled with "unity" and other marketing buzzwords meant to steal the money away from millennial liberals.
>>
>Surely there's better ways for gay men to meet up in 2017

I'm just curious. What is your idea of 'better'.

I'm not judging at all. In fact, I have to confess an embarrassing degree of cluelessness. I'm trying to learn something here.

I'd like people to state their age, region, their view of their economic class, a sexual identity if they feel they have one, and how they approach other males, or perhaps how they would like to, and for what exactly.

A lot of people of any given age range, males I mean, seem drawn to 'dating apps' and eschew initiating social contact.

There seem to be growing paradoxes in same-sex interested males. There always have been, but it seems to have reached a point of apoplexy. "Gay" identity itself has changed dramatically, and often dismissed altogether.

Things like that is why my ears prick up when I hear someone use a qualifier like 'better' because it implies a viewpoint and value system that assumes commonality when I have trouble seeing what is considered common among same-sex interested males aside from being males interested in same-sex.
>>
>>8282390
>>8282239
Gay social activity clubs
>>
>>8282390
>I'm just curious. What is your idea of 'better'.

A place that's actually a place for gay men and where the gay men don't allow anyone else in.

Dating apps are slightly better but straight people still go on grindr to try and find gay friends I shit you not and it sucks extra hard because grindr only shows you so many guys before you have to pay up so Suzy McStraight taking up a slot might be denying you a chance to meet your dream guy.

I don't want a place to meet just anyone I want a place to meet gay guys and gay guys only other than craigslist.
>>
>>8282239
>woman goes to gay bar
>expects men to buy her drinks
>>
>>8282421
>stright guys shit up gay venues for atmosphere and virtue signalling
>get upset when gays want to do gay stuff
>>
>>8282426
>deletes post
>posts again because no (you)s
Here's your up vote. Fucking newfag
>>
>>8282444
>tfw you delete your post because of an embarrassing typo but get an even more embarrassing accusation instead and have to own up to the typo
>>
>>8282462
>be on anonymous part of 4chan
>no id's even
>get accused of something.
>own up to the embarrassment instead of pretending to be another anon
Are you embarrassed more now? I wanna see your cute little tears
>>
>>8282478
>I'm not the anon you were responding to!
>Don't you feel stupid now that I've bested you?
>>
>>8282486
>>8282462
Post cute tears
>>
>>8282421

I see. I had not considered those things. I suppose different places have different themes, though I do seem to notice that there are few actual 'gay bars' anymore, but rather 'straight friendly' dance places. Perhaps the business model adapted to the point where the older concept doesnt really exist.

So you're saying the presence of non-gay men has, if I follow you, in effect ended what can truly be called a gay bar.

I guess it follows the idea that some people are allowed to have exclusivity and others are not; as it is okay to reject some while others must be allowed to go anywhere they want, welcome or not.

So is there a demand broad enough, and would it make a quantitative difference, I wonder
>>
>>8282239
i live in a shall conservative town and until a couple of years ago it was the only place out gay guys could drink and hit on each other without getting glassed in the face. it still gets vandalised sometimes. amusingly you can only go in through the rear entrance, theres a gated parking lot surrounded by a high wall, a garden and gazebo for smoking in too. its a mix of ye olde english faggote pub and high security.

its not bad, theres very few lesbians there, but 90% of my colleagues are gay and i've had a couple of drinks there. the guys are pervy provincial queens, all cattiness and hate, the landlord wears a leather vest and straight up hates women, its like a timelocked snapshot of the 80s minus the AIDS
>>
>>8282478
haha that anon must be so embarrassed now! stupid anon!
>>
>>8282421
>Suzy McStraight taking up a slot might be denying you a chance to meet your dream guy.

There's no chance of finding dream guys while online dating. Dream guys don't need to resort to advertising because they are so sought after the guys come to him irl.
>>
>>8282514
>Hating on yourself
Need hug anon?
>>
>>8282518
>tfw met a dream guy on pof
>didn't work out because I didn't have the one same hobby he had
Never assume your dream guy will work out with you either
>>
File: akane-crying.jpg (434KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akane-crying.jpg
434KB, 1280x720px
>>8282524
>>
>>8282406
yeah its called high school/college. Besides I'm 25 and I've never seen another man's penis with my own two eyes before in my life - so i guess its already too late for me.
>>
>>8282607
. . .
Like fucking look up activities in your area you mong. Adults do stuff too.
Find someone on lgbt to meet up and show penises
>>
File: sa.jpg (75KB, 634x422px) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
75KB, 634x422px
>>8282663

Yeah, but then we'd have to leave the house.

There's people out there, ya know. They're capable of anything.
>>
>>8283164
Yeah like showing you their penis.
I don't like staying in my apartment all day and all night, it's draining.
I need more stuff to do and a bf to do said stuff with
>>
>>8283223
Anyone ontario canada here?
Single 5'8 brown hair, brown-yellow eyes, white, cute, kind looking for bf
>>
gay bars are still legitimate gay bars where I live, sure the occasional straight person goes in (mostly straight white women) but generally speaking still mostly gay dudes.
>>
>>8283230
yellow eyes?
>>
>>8283373
It's technically 'light brown' but it appears yellow m imo
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.