[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never seeing a character like me in comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

Now, I don't need nor want a character in a comic to be exactly like me. Nor do I expect who and what I am to become the norm - if anything, it's great to be unusual and rare. XD

That being said, it bothers me when something I am is being excluded because of bigotry and repression. I happen to be a feminine gay dude who's casually into crossdressing. But I also happen to love superhero comics.

The closest I have to a character I can relate to in these ways is Wiccan of the Young Avengers. He's a gay slightly feminine guy, which is cool. Though, not even with this redesign of him do they dare to make him DRESS even remotely feminine. At best, his clothes are gender neutral.

Like, why can't Wiccan dress similar to his mother, Scarlet Witch? Or like Raven of the Teen Titans?

Now, you might mention to me there's inclusion of transgender women in comics. And that's great... but, I'm not a transgender woman. It seems to me like today's society think it's only okay for a biological guy to look and act feminine if they identify as a transgender woman.

But I would love to be proven wrong. If there is any gay or bi crossdressing male character out there in comics, I'd love to know.
>>
>>8276912
Trans acceptance has done nothing to make crossdressing socially acceptable. If anything it's done the opposite, since now any crossdressing that's not by trans people is considered a transphobic representation of trans people.
>>
File: 1398979861159.gif (721KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1398979861159.gif
721KB, 245x245px
>>8276912
>wants Wiccan to dress like a girl
1/10. Made me reply for shit taste.
>>
>>8276944
True.
>>
>>8276992
You're missing my point. If you don't think Wiccan fits to crossdress, that's fine. Your opinion. But, why do you think he shouldn't? If a woman dressed like he does on the image, you wouldn't have a problem with that. Why must guys be more limited with what they can wear?
>>
Suzuya Juuzou from Tokyo Ghoul. It's a manga not a comic but he's a feminine guy who crossdresses a couple times. He is a little crazy though.
>>
>>8277026
Oh? I see. I don't mind them a bit crazy, so that's fine. XD But he's neither gay or bi, is he?
>>
File: 1394194746600.jpg (91KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1394194746600.jpg
91KB, 720x720px
>>8277005
First off, it's out of character. He's just a guy who likes other guys. He's only "feminine" around Teddy because Teddy is a big guy. You just see Billy as the bottom. Their costumes are also based on the Avengers because the original Avengers disbanded. It's how the Young Avengers started.

And if he is trans, he could've just turned himself into a girl.
>>
>>8277062
He initially based his outfit on Thor calling himself Asgardian, but then once he took on a persona closer to Scarlet Witch he called himself Wiccan. So, after that, even according to your own logic, he SHOULD dress more like Scarlet Witch, which means dress more feminine.

And being a crossdresser has nothing to do with being transgender or wanting to literally be a girl. Seems rather bigoted and closeminded to think you need to want to be a girl just because you crossdress.
>>
>>8277087
Wiccan is just his name as a hero. He already made his costume but he didn't have a hero name before. And again, if he really wanted to, he could've just changed it with his words.

And be honest to yourself. You crossdress willingly because you're a tranny. You're just in denial.

>>8277026
Juuzou crossdress because his master ghoul wanted a girl. He was tortured, and his dick and balls were crushed. That's also why he's insane.
>>
File: 1312108259401.jpg (90KB, 546x539px) Image search: [Google]
1312108259401.jpg
90KB, 546x539px
I think there's been nothing as destructive as what SJWs have done for /lgbt/ characters in any form of media.

Go to /v/, watch them REEEE on anything even remotely non cis

Go to /tv/ watch them REEE at anything even remotely non cis

Go tp /co/ and watch them REEE at each other in general

In both cases it wasn't always like this.
This is a kneejerk reaction to pushing towards acceptance with methods that are too hamfisted and in ways that are too broad and undefined, overwhelming, especially for shut in nerds that just want to read comics and play video games in peace.
>>
>>8277167
How do you know if I'm a trans in denial? Doesn't that mean that if a woman wears pants, she's a trans guy in denial too? Pants were originally meant for men.

Where's your evidence that choosing to have a look outside the norm equals being a transgender person? What makes you think you know me so well?

And Wiccan is a fictional character. If he wanted to crossdress without being an actual female, there's nothing wrong with that. You're being irrational.
>>
>>8277168
Well, you might be able to assume based on what I said in my first post - but I'm literally the opposite of what you have a problem with. I'm not a SJW, and I'm not dictating anything to be non-cis. On the contrary - I want a cisgendered male to be allowed to crossdress.
>>
>>8277183
With that logic, trannies who want boobs and wear a dress are also bigoted because it's how they perceive women.

It's called crossdressing for a reason. You dress as the opposite sex.

Wiccan and Hulkling are also the first gay couple in comics who are not based on gay stereotypes, so if you really want your "crossdressing" character, make one. Don't ruin this shit for the gays.
>>
>>8277251
No, because trannies who want boobs aren't dictating what other people should do or wear. That's the important difference here.

You dress as the opposite sex usually dresses, it doesn't mean you want to be that gender. If you wear a Star Trek uniform, does that mean you literally want to be on the Enterprise? No, it means you're a Star Trek fan. Whether they want to be on the Enterprise for real as an employe there or not if it was actually real is entirely individual.

"Don't ruin this shit for the gays"? What, for wanting some nuance? We already have Northstar and his husband, and now Apollo and Midnighter, and lots of others. There is no reason not to allow a crossdresser to be included.

Could I make one myself? Sure, but that's not what we're discussing here.
>>
>>8277281
You're right. Wearing a dress is actually more bigoted because women can't stop the trannies from stereotyping them.

We were talking about a superhero who goes out constantly to save lives for free. We're not talking about a guy who wears a costume for a comicon, or a guy doing it for a show.

I don't think you understand. Wiccan and Hulkling are the FIRST gay couple in comics. They are established characters and beloved. You wanted to change them so you can feel good about being a tranny. If you want some "nuance", make your own character.
>>
>>8277390
You're not stereotyping for dressing the way you want. You're clearly trying to make me mad at you, but you won't succeed.

I never said we're talking about someone wearing a costume for a ComicCon. I'm using an example to compare. We humans use this when we like to convey a point.

First gay couple? No. First marriage was Northstar and his husband, which was before Young Avengers. They were a gay couple. You want to change that and change Wiccan away from being feminine so you can feel good about being against crossdressing. If you want anti-crossdressing, make your own character.
>>
>>8277419
Wearing a dress is a stereotype because it's how trannies perceive women. If they really are women, they could have short hair, no boobs, and wear pants all the time. They don't even have to take drugs.

I'm just glad you know that there is a difference.

Wiccan and Hulkling are already a couple in 2005. Northstar married in 2012. They're the first. And just because Wiccan's shorter than Hulkling and always being held by him, doesn't mean he's feminine. You're a bigot. Anti- crossdressing is also just dressing normally, so you played yourself.
>>
>>8277501
Uhm, no. It CAN be a stereotype, but it doesn't have to be. Who are you to dictate that? Men must be more limited in what they can wear than women? Supporting double standards much?
So what if a guy wants to dress in female-esque ways? Heck, you don't have to call it crossdressing. What if someone just wears dresses and skirts and make-up because they think it looks nice? Did that ever occur to you?

Wiccan and Hulkling mentions Northstar "having all the fun" being the only superhero in an openly gay relationship.

Crossdressing isn't the same as cosplaying. And turning it around and calling me a bigot won't make it so. Don't use the word "bigot" when you don't even know what it means. You're a bigot for being against people being something you disapprove of. I disapprove of nothing that doesn't harm others.
>>
>>8277535
It is a stereotype. You're the one who's supporting trannies from wearing girl clothes because they're a "girl".

They were going to come out as gays to their parents. Again, Wiccan and Hulkling are the first gay COUPLE.

You were the one who compared cosplayers and crossdressing in a world where superheroes wear costumes, so you change a beloved gay character. You're a bigot and homophobic, and the earlier you realize this, you can change.
>>
Can cartoon-poster please go back to /co/? These threads are super cringe.
>>
>>8277611
You're being so pathetic and bigoted and childish and retarded you're not worth even bothering to talk to anymore. Good bye, idiot.
>>
>>8277629
This is just like in Harry Potter when he was accused by the Ministry of Magic for being a liar when he told them that Voldemort is alive.
>>
>>8277648
You can't use an objective fact like someone being alive with your subjective opinions on stuff based on your own bigotry and how immature and childish you are. Fuck off.
>>
>>8277690
You're the one who wants to change a fictional gay character. You're a homophobic bigot.
>>
>>8277827
... how the fuck am I a homophobe?
>>
>>8277827
And you're the one wanting to change Wiccan. Literally everyone I know thinks Wiccan is feminine. You're just a crazy lunatic in denial.
>>
Try A N I M E.

This is what Japan DOES. They do stupid feminine guys.
>>
>>8278055
I never said I want stupid guys. If I wanted that, I could just talk to you. :)
>>
>>8278092

Rude, thats not what I meant
>>
>>8278096
Rude? You're one to talk. YOU are the one calling feminine guys stupid.

Also, doesn't matter animes have feminine guys or even crossdressers - their views on gender roles is atrocious, and we never see proper gay stuff outside of yaoi crap.
>>
>>8278114

I just think feminine guys are unattractive. I didn't mean literally stupid just like.. not for me. I am a woman who likes manly guys. You do you.

> their views on gender roles is atrocious
>we never see proper gay stuff outside of yaoi crap

Uh? What do you mean?
>>
>>8278146
>Durrr... any ting I do not find attractive is stoopid, herpy derp! :B
Go and fuck yourself. I don't call others' preferences stupid out of childish bias.
>>
>>8278162

Rude. And no. Get a thicker skin.
>>
>>8278170
Thicker skin? It's not about that. I have no reason to try to have a conversation with someone calling my preferences "stupid". I prefer talking to adults.
>>
>>8278192

Your preferences are stupid, get over yourself. Idiiot.
>>
>>8278214
Yes, clearly you're the more adult one here.
>>
>>8277062
I just realized something else about what you said.
>He's only "feminine" around Teddy because Teddy is a big guy. You just see Billy as the bottom.
Uhm... no? First of all, Wolverine is shorter than Wiccan. Never have I seen Logan act "feminine" around a taller partner. Heck, not even in the elseworld story where he has a romance with Hercules. Nor do I see him as the "bottom".

Second, literally every fan of Wiccan and of Young Avengers I've talked to agrees that Wiccan indeed IS feminine. You're just delusional because you are against feminine males.

By the way, I can't help but notice you failed at properly responding to this:
"Men must be more limited in what they can wear than women? Supporting double standards much?
So what if a guy wants to dress in female-esque ways? Heck, you don't have to call it crossdressing. What if someone just wears dresses and skirts and make-up because they think it looks nice? Did that ever occur to you?"

You have the most absurd arguments I've ever seen when it comes to this shit. Literally nothing supports your claim that Wiccan isn't feminine, and literally nothing supports your claim that all crossdressing men are just transgender women in denial.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.