[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tru trans test:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 19

File: 616.jpg (187KB, 596x911px) Image search: [Google]
616.jpg
187KB, 596x911px
TruTrans(tm) test: 2 choices.

>instantly 2.5 million USD in your bank account right now

or

>lose all memories and be reborn to a new family as a healthy little [gender you identify as] (girl if your mtf, boy if your ftm)
>>
>>8275390
>lose all memories
Are you retarded? From all points of view, you're killing yourself. Whatever person is reborn has absolutely nothing to do with you.
>>
>>8275390
instantly 2.5 million USD in your bank account right now
>t. femboy
>>
>>8275390
I'm a ok with being a girl in the next life but I still want to make the most of this life. I'm AGP btw. So i'd forego the money but get reborn upon death.
>>
>>8275404

technically......the "you" right now IS NOT really "you" cuz ur a tranny. if you were to be reborn as cis, you'd be the real you. transition is all about becoming the "real you" and how real is the ULTIMATE transition, AKA being cis?

put THAT in your pipe and smoke it..
>>
>>8275390
This so much >>8275404

I keep all my memories and I keep my AGP boybrain and you have a deal.
>>
>>8275390
The second one is literally completely dependent on when you were born. Fuck off.
>>
>>8275425
>>8275409

>agp

exactly, only tru trans will say answer #2.

stupid AGP want the money so they can jack off in nylon with there big man shoulders forever without working
>>
>>8275390
>Lose all memories
That's identity death.
I'd take option 3: become a semi-passable tranny of my current age.
>>
File: SuperHuman.gif (812KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
SuperHuman.gif
812KB, 500x270px
No.

New deal. make me reborn as a cis male, make me more powerful, make me an alpha.

i want 6 " 2 height, Olympian Genetics, 8 inch cock, Herculian muscles. give me the sex drive of a Chad, make me irristable to women

make me a god of Masculinity. grant me the power that was denied to me in life.
>>
>>8275432
u mad? u sound like u were born in poo-in-loo
>>
>>8275438
You mean only HSTS are stupid enough to think identity death is a good thing.

I want answer #2 but I want to still be me too.
>>
>>8275455
its not identity death, the real you is cis you.
>>
>>8275465
>the real you is [somebody else]
>>
But I like being a cute trap with boobs! And with money I can be even cuter!
If I reborn as a girl I will lose my peepee.
>>
>>8275494
this thread is amazing for finding the AGP's holy shit its actually working
>>
>>8275442
why would you want that
if you're trans you'll probably kill yourself by age 20 if you have a body like that
>>
>>8275499
>if you're trans
She wants to be cis, that's the point. She's rather become cis and stay male than become female and cease being trans.
>>
>>8275390
>lose all memories and be reborn
I don't get it, what will I have in common with that person? Just the genes?
>>
>>8275471
the point isn't what's right or wrong, it's what a trutrans would choose
only AGP's with a male brain can fully understand the question and use logic to find the most desirable outcome
>>
>>8275726
>Just the genes?
Nope, they're born to a different family.
>>
>>8275432
Nu/lgbt/ has no concept of not having this board around when you're in middle school
>>
>>8275390
>lose all memories and be reborn to a new family as a healthy little [gender you identify as] (girl if your mtf, boy if your ftm)

So what's the point that person reborn isn't really me they'll grow to be someone completely different
Option 2 is basically the result of committing suicide
>>
>>8275390
>do you want to get 2.5 million USD
>or kill yourself?

Quality thread op
>>
>>8275837
I agreed, but this explanation >>8275741 made sense, if you accept the premise that women are incapable of logic so only AGPs with male brains would understand how stupid option 2 is.
>>
I've always hoped that reincarnation was real for this very reason. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that I know that if I'm born as a new baby, with no memories, completely different genetics, different parents, and a different environment, chances are I'm going to be a lot dumber than I am now, which kinda scares me. Plus, aside from that, there's still the possibility that the next life could be even worse than this one somehow. Like, what if I'm born in a dictatorship, or some 3rd world country? What if the new parents turn out to be complete psychopaths?

On the other hand, the only value those green pieces of paper have to me is security of my lifestyle and health, and the ladder would cure my biggest ill in a way that no amount of money can.

I would take the risk with the ladder, although I would prefer if I could just start this life over as a cis girl.
>>
>>8275837
lmao
>>
>>8275868
>Like, what if I'm born in a dictatorship, or some 3rd world country? What if the new parents turn out to be complete psychopaths?
"Congratulations Mr Kim, it's a girl!"
>>
So option 2 is suicide and guaranteed to come out as a girl.Im turning into a passing girl or commiting suicide now, so I guess it's not too different now. No amount of money can make me happy with my man bod. So I'll take B
>>
Can we get more of these tests?
Seems a bit silly having a whole thread for 1 would you rather question, which is subjective, so there's not really that much to argue about.
>>
>>8275390
Just send me back to my 15yo self with all the knowledge I have right now. I'd change one thing. Go to the professional HS in NYC instead of returning to live with my parents. That should cause enough of a cascade of changes in my life.
>>
>>8275879
>get to be an a v e r a g e corean qt
I fail to see the downside
>>
>>8275915
Korean girls are ugly as hell, you'd need surgery to look like a real person.
>>
>>8275926
Daddy can kidnap them from Japan or the south.
>>
File: pn4frupea6vy.jpg (40KB, 487x487px) Image search: [Google]
pn4frupea6vy.jpg
40KB, 487x487px
>>8275445
No, I was just born in 1995. There wasn't easy to access HRT info to stumble upon everywhere like there is now and I didn't even know what HRT was until I was finishing high school.

>>8275750
For real. This board hasn't even been around that long.

I got so triggered by the shitpost image that I ignored the actual shitpost. Obviously option two.
>>
>>8275915
I didn't see the word "average" in there.
>>
>>8275888
Good idea!

Choose one:
>you become fully female and will be seen as such, but nothing else changes and people somehow don't notice you used to be a boy and still look like one in all your old photos, or think it's odd you played on the guy's soccer team, etc
or
>you become a girl with complete history as a female in a new family with all your old memories no memories of your new life

No right or wrong answer, just introspection. For FTMs switch the sexes around.
>>
>>8275946
In the second scenario, what happens to your original self? Does it disappear like it's never been there, dies or what?
>>
>>8275390
Choice number 2 of fucking course. You aren't your memories, and I don't want my memories of manhood anyways. I'd miss my friends and gf, but shit, honestly I'd take it even if you just offered to wipe my pre-transition memories lol.
>>8275946
Second choice.
>>
>>8275946
This is a pretty interesting one. I think I'd go with option one. My life has been shit, but it's shaped who I am (not sure if that's a good thing) and I value the people I'm close to. Being spontaneously turned female is ultimately the best scenario.

Also I don't wanna risk becoming a filthy delusional normie girl. (I'd probably be way happier though...)
>>
>>8275967
Good question. Answer for whichever possibility you choose.

Official answer: it and everyone it knew were never there in the new life.

>>8275969
Why?
>>
>>8275988
>Also I don't wanna risk becoming a filthy delusional normie girl.
Either way you're a fully cis girl with your male memories and no female memories. It's just the world that's being chosen.
>>
>>8275946
Be female and have a new family. Depending on how old I am I can just chalk any weirdness in my behavior to either reinventing myself(if I'm as old as I am now) if I'm a tween-teenager it would just be written off as being a teenage girl
>>
>>8275946
>no memories of your new life
Wait, so no memories of the life as a man, or just having amnesia as the girl and keeping my old memories?
>>
>>8275946
both choices are on the 'you' side, exactly identical, but for others, it changes a minor thing, that is mostly irrelevant?
There is no interest choosing, just throw a coin.
>>
>>8276012
Any age from late teens to your current age.

>>8276019
Amnesia as the girl and keeping your old memories >>8276004

>>8276023
The choices are the same for you but for others changes whether you have your current life, family, friends, location, etc or a new one and changing all those things.

You stay in a western country though or even your own country if you want.
>>
>>8276004
Oh I guess I read it wrong. So you just poof into a new life as some random girl while still remembering you were male? That's fucking weird. Definitely option one.
>>
>>8275991
>Why?

Because as much as the cheery trans positive answer is supposed to be "nooo, I need my memories, being trans made me who I am gurllllll xoxoxoxo" the truth is being trans and having to slowly become some person I was never meant to be as testosterone slowly destroyed my body and male socialization plus dysphoria corrupted the personality I was meant to have is a memory so traumatic that I'd rather have absolutely no recollection of it. Being trans didn't "make me who I am :^)))))))))", it made me someone I was never supposed to be and don't want to be.
And if your why was as in why did I choose for the second question and not why I'd gladly have my memories wiped is because honestly even if no one remembered me being a boy, remembering the things that I did as a boy would still effect how I was perceived.
>>
>>8276042
Is the rejuvenation for both choices or just one? Because that completely change the given.
Actually you could make the choice much more ambiguous by having rejuvenation only for choice 2 as you may loose people you value.
Moreover I think I was stupid and the choice is basically based on how is the social situation of the person answering:
option 1 if you like your family
option 2 if you don't.

i'm >>8276023 btw.
>>
>>8276042
In that case, the former. It would be extremely awkward explaining any pictures I took at the beach, but otherwise, it just sounds easier to recover from that than to recover from amnesia and trying to explain why you know things that the girl you now are originally didn't.
>>
>>8276056
Yes. I guess like the next anons said it comes down to whether you like your family and whether you want your history of having been a boy even if people won't remember you were a boy.

>>8276061
Neither option wipes you memories.

>>8276068
Good point, rejuvenation for both becomes a free get to relive several years for the first choice. So it should be for neither or only option 2. But for your answer choose whichever interpretation for what happens with age you find most interesting to answer.

>>8276107
Topless pics from being a boy will somehow not need explanation even though people will recognize them as you.
>>
Choose one:
>you have to stay the same sex physically but everyone treats you as your transitioned sex and have all the expectations for that sex of you
or
>become your transitioned sex physically but always get seen as your natal sex, expected to dress as it, etc
>>
>>8275390

If I didn't lose all my memories I would choose option #2 and I'm not even trans; it gives me a better shot of living forever :^)
>>
>>8275933
Try 1990 kiddo. This board didn't exist until I was 23
Time to go kms myself
>>
>>8275390
>1
Get to spend that on every tier-1 surgery imaginable and still have a fuckton of money left over to be happy and do what I want with life.

>2
Literally akin to committing suicide and respawning like Hindu reincarnation and not even being the same person anymore. I get nothing from this except death.
>>
>>8276167
>Neither option wipes you memories

Read my post before you respond to me.
>>
>>8275390

Who the fuck who is trans would take option 1? No amount of money would solve a late transitioner's problems, but $2.5 million isn't even tempting for first worlders. I take option 2.
>>
File: smug anime face 13.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 13.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>8275390
2.5m u.s.d only because unlike you hons i actually have a chance to pass
>>
>>8276288
Technically, for yunghons who only need FFS, it would be enough money. And you could spend the rest of the money on breast implants and fat grafts to your hips and breaking your collarbone.
>>
>>8276288
This, honestly 2.5 million isn't hard to get if you have a somewhat decent job and you are fiscally responsible.
>>
>>8275390

Easy the second. 2.5mil isn't THAT much. Its not enough where I could retire without taking a hit to my quality of life. I'm not even trans any more and I would take the second to be a girl. I was on HRT for a while but just gave up because it was hopeless. Now I'm content with being a male until I die or hope they invent surrogates or body transfers.

Now if it was something like 10 billion or more I'd have to thing about it because at that point you have enough money to pretty much do w/e you want including starting a literal think tank or research clinic dedicated to figuring out how someone like me could actually ever pass as a girl.

This is all assuming I'm born again in a developed country with a similar level of intelligence I have now. I wouldn't want to reborn a normie or in some depressing shit hole like russia or china.
>>
>>8277044
>I'm not even trans any more
>>
>>8277104

I gave up on that.
>>
>>8275404
This. I bet you fags would use a molecular transporter.
>>
>>8275390
Second option, but only after my mom dies so I no longer have an obligation to stay alive for her
>>
>>8277490
>she doesn't know transporters magically convert your particles into energy and reassemble them so that you're still the same particles and your soul stays
>>
>>8277490

Not really. I would take option 2 because I don't want to continue this shit life anyway and it will be replaced with a better one, even if I'm replaced too. I wouldn't climb in a transporter because whoever it is that comes out at the other end is still going to deal with the exact same bullshit.
>>
>>8277490
>>8277549
>implying you have a soul

By your logic you die anytime you go to sleep, or any time you're unconscious. Consciousness is just an illusion after all from continuous reaction from sensory input and memory / instinct.
>>
>>8277613
No because when you go to sleep or close your eyes any other time your soul stays in so you're still you.
>>
>>8275390
This please.
>>
2 choices:

>born again option: mtfs born again as 6'2'' obese black women, ftms born again as 5'5'' straight asian males and you're 25 IQ point dumber.

>you die instantly. you do not get any money and are not reincarnated.
>>
>>8277675

Question: If I pick option 1, can I at least lose the weight or is most of the fat in my tits, ass, hips, and thighs?

I'm leaning option 2 all the same though. I don't think I have enough IQ points to not land below 100 that way.
>>
>>8277675
Damn you Oxford comma!
>>
File: 1399865182025.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1399865182025.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>8275390
the first one, but only because the bottom one is basically suicide by any other name. if I got to redo my life i'd pick the bottom one.
>>
>>8275417
you'd have different parents, so no, you wouldnt be the real you/.
>>
>>8277726

Yes the ideal option would be to simply redo you life but early transition which is almost like being cis with a genital malformation.
>>
>>8277613
no because during sleep your brain is still functioning and doing stuff. where as using a particle transporer ends the event that is you. you are an event, not an object, kill the event (ie stop it for any period of time) then you are dead.
>>
Can I keep my memories, therefore my life experience that I've earned and be reborn in the same family?
>>
File: 1409732772907.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1409732772907.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>8277740
I meant as a girl, though i'd still take what you are suggesting.

Connections are a hell of a drug, I want to be a girl but there are also people I love and care for that I would have to abandon entirely to be reborn, not to mention the lack of memories. OTOH, if you slowly got your memories back about stuff important to you (this guy is your friend, you need to meet that person, watch out for these faggots they'll waste your time) that would be the most ideal.
>>
>>8277736
>you'd have different parents,
>so no, you wouldnt be the real you/.
TIL my siblings are me.
>>
>>8277747

>your parents are grieving after your sudden death, they're tormented by the worry you died in sin and are now burning in hell
>while comforting each other, your parents feel the sudden urge to fuck each other come over them
>your father has filled your mother's belly with his cum after giving her the dicking of her life, unknowingly, your mother now carries a baby inside her
>after a month and a half, your mother is throwing up
>she decides to get a pregnancy test and is shocked to get a positive result at her age
>months later, your parents are so happy to have a baby girl to take away from the pain of having lost you
>they tell her, "Oh, you're such a sweet girl, Anon." "You're going to grow up to be a good Christian woman and have a good husband."
>around a year later, they see her starting to get her first words out
>"Ha, motherfuckers! Did you miss me?"
>>
>>8277857
>"Ha, motherfuckers! Did you miss me?"
"If you don't want us to miss you, we can always... SIR you!"
>>
>>8275425
>boybrain
not a thing
>>
>>8277945
???
>>
>>8276181
I'd go A and remove all mirrors etc from my house, if I do that long enough I might be able to delude myself. Option B seems similar to life as a hon, and if I turn out to be a hon it's suicide
>>
>>8277675
If I can lose weight 1 I'd be the smartest black woman there is. If not it's 2.
>>
>>8276181
Absolutely B. My dysphoria is primarily physical. I don't give a shit about feminine gender roles.
>>
anyone who doesnt pick #2 is AGP
>>
>>8279133
I'm agp and picked 2 what does that mean?
>>
>>8279178
You want to die?
>>
>>8277613
>consciousness is just an illusion
>I know this because I learned through the illusion the illusion was an illusion using illusory information filtered by an illusory mind
when will atheist cucks get the memo that souls exist and nothing dies in one's sleep and you have free will baka
>>
>>8275390
100% yes to number 2 , I'd prefer to keep my family and go along a similar path though
>>
>>8275390

If you're truly suffering why would you care about any metaphorical death? I'd delete my current existence in a heartbeat if it meant a happier version of myself came into existence.
>>
>>8282341
Because it wouldn't be you without your memories. It's a random kid that has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>8282341
>>8275390
option 2 is clearly the right choice. As far as i've come in this life, i wouldn't mind being reborn at all. I would just want to reconnect with the people i know now, because they've been so amazing to me. And i would be worried about how they would feel with me dying. I don't care about myself or my memories, but there are so many people i would be leaving behind. Thats the only real problem. But still, option 2 any day of the week.
>>
I think option 2 would be easier to take if you were simply restarted your whole current life over as the cis gender you identify with. That way you don't wind up with complete identity death, although you may still wind up with a considerably different personality.

Either way, I'd probably still take option 2. 2.5 million isn't the biggest sum of money in the world and it certainly won't curtail my unhappiness.
>>
>>8282353

There's nothing about my existence worth remembering. My life would be better spent on someone else.
>>
>>8275404
this again.
Lose all memories I wouldnt even be me, it would be basically just death. It would be just like saying theres a cis girl out there rn and they could be me.
Also you wouldnt be able to even appreciate it, and loosing all your memories, life doesnt just revolve around being trans. Being trans is shit but you could have amazing memories and friends etc. I mean I dont but someone might.
>>
>>8275442
This and get rid of my agp :D
>>
>>8284385
:O
>>
>>8275390
Number one please. I'll take the dollars and have FFS.
>>
>>8284427
No amount of money can make you a cis girl!
>>
>>8284454
I don't care if I'm cis or trans; I just wanna cure myself of dysphoria. I'd spend the money on FFS, laser hair removal and Thai SRS. And I'd donate the rest to other trannies in need.
>>
>>8284467
Will any amount of transitioning cure dysphoria like being a cis girl would? Personally I doubt it.
>>
>>8284511
depends on the person. Usually it will decrease it in areas or even make it totally go away.
>>
>>8275390
id rather be trans and rich than cis and in an unknown family situation
>>
>>8284524
But you could be stuck as a hon!
>>
File: cjsqk.jpg (15KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
cjsqk.jpg
15KB, 413x395px
>>8275390
This IS a trutrans test. Only a female mind would be retarded enough to pick the second option.
>>
>>8275390
>little girl
>little
Autopedophiles out.
>>
>>8275390
This "trutrans" test is flawed.
Being reborn with no memories is essentially killing yourself.
I'll go with the 2.5 million. I can get whatever surgeries I want/need, get out of debt and still have plenty left over to invest the rest into something.
>>
>>8284685
That's the beauty of it. A falsetrans mtf will be stupid enough to choose memory death. Congratulations on figuring it out, you little trutrans transbian you!
>>
I'll be honest, memories aren't that essential, especially since they begin around age 16, they represent less than half my life.
Ego death however I cannot let slip. IF the deal was your current nature as it's altered by your nurture becomes your base nature and you get to keep you personality and beliefs inclinations but loose all knowledge as memories I'd take it.
>>
>>8275390
I think it's sad that nobody in this thread has close enough friends, family, or partners that they would want to stay and finish their transition with the money.
>>
>>8275879
>North Korea
>3rd world
>>
I get to be a girl, and I get to kill myself
>>
>>8275390
>OP's pic
>informed consent while underage
They just hand you placebos, not even kidding. I've seen it happen.
>>
>>8284987

>informed consent
>placebo

Rly makes u thnk.

Why do IC clinics seem to do these things that really don't fit the definition of "informed consent"? Like that lie about excess estradiol converting to testosterone.

How did you get to witness that?
>>
>>8284728
Who could have though that these people are so inept at being humans?
>>
>>8284728
>>8285524

You'll get a new family, new friends.
>>
Take the 2.5 million, pay for hrt, have money leftover, be rich & happy with boyfriend that likes my estrogen raisin dick. EZ
>>
>>8285860

If you already pass good its a good option. It should be more like:

A. You're an unpassable hun with $10m in the bank

B. You are 7/10 real gril with not a dime to your name
>>
>>8285860
>>8285912
This is why ya'll are transtrenders. You don't actually care about being a girl, just appearing as a girl to others.
>>
>>8285930
If option 2 appeals to you so much, why not just kill yourself? It's essentially the same.
>>
>>8285944
its no grantee. I could just be born as another man. And we have no idea the mechanics of rebirth either. Risk to high.
>>
>>8285946
>I could just be born as another man
So what, even if rebirth exists, there's 99.9% chance you'll be okay with that. And if not, you can try again.
>>
>>8285952
you have a point, but i feel like god still has a plan for me
>>
>>8275390
first one because that could pay for any surgery I could possibly want without sacrificing all my experiences up till now
>>
File: 555.jpg (37KB, 901x674px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
37KB, 901x674px
>>8284664
Give this person an award
>>
File: poshspider.jpg (28KB, 289x197px) Image search: [Google]
poshspider.jpg
28KB, 289x197px
>>8282464
Hey
Are you me ?
>>
>>8284595
I would take any living situation if it meant I could be cis. Anything short of being some child sex slave in Africa or something, anyway.
>>
File: 1484446918153.jpg (50KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1484446918153.jpg
50KB, 604x453px
Why are people saying option two is death? In this scenario you're guaranteed to be reincarnated, so you're still going to be alive and percieving everything, just with no memory. You're just starting a new save file.

It's different from death in reality where most likely nothing awaits us except nothingness. That's like your game disc being smashed.

What if you suddenly got amnesia with no way of regaining old memories? Would you consider that "death"? I personally wouldn't. Just a fresh start.
>>
>>8275969
By definition you are your memories. If not then identical twins would be the same person since memories are the only thing they have that's different. But of course identical twins aren't the same person.

Memories are what makes you, you.
>>
>>8276288
Because option 2 is literally the same as suicide.

2.5 million to spend on surgery at least gives me a chance, no matter how small, for me as a person to live a happy life. And if it doesn't work out I can just commit suicide anyways. Picking option 2 is retarded.
>>
>>8286412
>You're just starting a new save file.
Yeah except "you" are the old save getting overwritten.

You've beaten five gyms but get fed up with the fact you accidentally said boy to the professor at the start, so you get saved over.
>>
>>8286412
>What if you suddenly got amnesia with no way of regaining old memories? Would you consider that "death"? I personally wouldn't. Just a fresh start.

Is it complete and total amnesia? Then yes, that's the same as death. If it's only partial then no.

Unless you believe in souls or other spiritualist stuff there is nothing that would make this new person you
>>
>>8286446
Option 2fags on suicide watch.

Or should I say option 2 watch.
>>
>>8286512

>If it's only partial then no.

Is there a point where you lose enough memories that it may as well have been everything in terms of whether your identity has died? Like you just have one memory of the past left.
>>
>>8277746
Does coma mean you die then? Isn't the brain inactive in that state?
>>
>>8286512
Not really homo. There would be structural changes in how your brain is shaped based off your expiriences, like shadow memories if were just talking about amnesia. But, option 2 is basically death. But, no one actually knows what happens when you die - and option 2 is a garentee you will get exactly what you want even if you lose your memories. I don't even remember that much of my life so i wouldn't mind losing my memories.

The thought experiment here is to see if your gender dysphoria is actually as distressful as you claim. Transitioning is a cure to stop someone from killing themself. So if you choose option 1, your in it for the social aspects not the reality. Or something like that.
>>
>>8286412
>What if you suddenly got amnesia with no way of regaining old memories? Would you consider that "death"? I personally wouldn't. Just a fresh start.
Amnesia sucks. For 25 or so years of my life I had very few memories of my first 20 years. I only knew what some friends and family told me. It really cuts you off from the world when you can't even talk about your youth.
>>
>>8286535
People who think that have no sensical definition of what counts. Sleep doesn't, transporters do, the line is somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>8286532
Maybe. It depends on a lot of factors. Is the sole memory "I ate a tuna sandwich last Wednesday."? Then yeah, you're essentially a new person. Whereas if it's a memory of something that was deeply formative, like a marriage for example, then perhaps not. I'd say you may be the same person, just severely and extremely damaged.

>>8286535
No. A coma is essentially like sleeping, only lasting for a long, long time. Your brain is still active, lust less so than when conscious.

>>8286563
>Not really homo. There would be structural changes in how your brain is shaped based off your expiriences, like shadow memories if were just talking about amnesia.

I thought we were more talking about amnesia as some sort of magical complete memory wipe rather than the medical definition, given that's what's more applicative to the OP's question.

>But, no one actually knows what happens when you die - and option 2 is a garentee you will get exactly what you want even if you lose your memories.

But "you" don't get anything. The new person isn't "you" in anyway. All you get is death, which granted may be what some what. But you don't need a hypothetical question to do that.

>The thought experiment here is to see if your gender dysphoria is actually as distressful as you claim. Transitioning is a cure to stop someone from killing themself. So if you choose option 1, your in it for the social aspects not the reality. Or something like that.

No. My argument is that you should always take option 1, because 2.5 million at least gives you a chance for a better life no matter how minuscule it is. And if it doesn't work you can always just kill yourself and perform option B at any time regardless. How debilitating your dysphoria is doesn't matter.
>>
>>8286616
well, option 2 is an actual guarantee that i will experience life again in a form i desire. Death guarantees nothing. Also, 2.5 only goes so far. My boss just spent a couple mil on a new building expansion. Look at Jenner, all the plastic surgery and money in the world didn't help her.
>>
>>8286641
But you don't experience life again. You experience nothing but death. Which you can do at any time.

>Also, 2.5 only goes so far. My boss just spent a couple mil on a new building expansion. Look at Jenner, all the plastic surgery and money in the world didn't help her.
Yes, but even if you're a turbohon, the extremely slim chance of passing and living happily is better than nothing at all.

Would you rather pick a 99% chance of death and a 1% chance of a decent life, or a 100% chance of death?
>>
>>8286656
how thick are you? it literally says live again? theres more to someone than just memories.
>>
>>8286675
>how thick are you? it literally says live again? theres more to someone than just memories.

What would actually make this new person you, then?

New body.
New genetics.
New memories.
New future.
New everything.

There is nothing connecting them to you.
>>
>>8286686
your so low iq it hurts. I know your a materialist, but just assume that for this thought expiriment - there is a soul that passes from the old body to the new body. Does your answer change?
>>
>>8286675
>theres more to someone than just memories.
oh right, the soul
>>
>>8286707
Assuming there is a soul, what about it makes me, me?
>>
>>8286707
>your so low iq it hurts.
>just assume that for this thought expiriment - there is a soul
>>
File: 7e4.jpg (33KB, 680x240px) Image search: [Google]
7e4.jpg
33KB, 680x240px
>>8286726

>>8286717
nothing makes you, you. What's the difference between you and anyone else? have you heard of the ship of theseus? If every atom in your body was replaced, would you still be the same person? Would it be different if they were dont one at a time vs all at once?
>>
>>8286752
>nothing makes you, you. What's the difference between you and anyone else?
Memories. It can't be genetics or physical body because identical twins exist and are different people. It can't be your atoms because your body already performs its own ship of theseus, something like a soul has never been shown to exist, etc.

Memories are the only plausible thing left. And before you ask, yes, I believe if you copied my memories and put them into someone else there would be two of me. But only for a brief moment, because almost immediately our memories would begin to diverge.
>>
File: tumblr_lyvq47DWd81rn95k2o1_500.gif (313KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyvq47DWd81rn95k2o1_500.gif
313KB, 500x200px
>>8286781
fair enough.
>>
>>8286820
Not the anon you were talking to, but you're mtf, right? Straight or lesbian?
>>
>>8286840
Uhhhh. Idk. I've been with three girls sexually but never enjoyed it. I've been to afraid of getting with a guy. I have a couple of crushes with the guys at work though. And all the girls i've been with have told me they thought i was distance, and they never lasted more than a couple of months.

Also, im not exactly a mtf. I know what i want. Im seeing a therapist this week to see if these feelings are real or not. I go from being 100% certain to doubtful on a day to day basis.

So, i guess "straight".
>>
File: 1491613663563.jpg (61KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1491613663563.jpg
61KB, 500x406px
>>8286446
That's not the point though. You're still being reborn as a new being.

>>8286471
>Because option 2 is literally the same as suicide.
No it's not. If you kill yourself irl you will most likely be greeted by nothingness. Zilch, nada, terminus. Or perhaps there IS some sort of afterlife, that doesn't change the fact that in this scenario you are getting the opportunity to be reborn, so it's not the same as suicide where you are ending everything here.

>>8286512
Well let me be the one to inform you that people that get amnesia are still very much alive.

I would love to have my shitty life wiped away from existence with the offer to start again as a girl. It's an amazing offer.

If I kill myself I get none of that. I just cause yet another inconvenience to my family and end up 6 feet under with worms chowing on me.

If I was a cis girl and discovered that I had a shitty tranny past life that I end up rerolling, I'd be thankful.
>>
Missed one (you).

>>8286491
Yep, that's a better analogy. Now you can enjoy having a better model, more clothing and hairstyle choices, free items from male players, etc. What's not to like?
>>
>>8287209
You aren't the player. You are the boy being overwritten.

>Now you can enjoy having a better model, more clothing and hairstyle choices, free items from male players, etc.
pls delet
>>
>>8287187
>Well let me be the one to inform you that people that get amnesia are still very much alive.

Amnesia in real life isn't a total memory wipe, as far as I'm aware. And even if that was a real thing, amnesiacs wouldn't be dead. Just their past self would be. A total amnesiac would still be very much alive, but only in the way a newborn baby is alive (except with the body of someone older). They are not the same person who got amnesia.

>No it's not. If you kill yourself irl you will most likely be greeted by nothingness. Zilch, nada, terminus. Or perhaps there IS some sort of afterlife, that doesn't change the fact that in this scenario you are getting the opportunity to be reborn, so it's not the same as suicide where you are ending everything here.

>I would love to have my shitty life wiped away from existence with the offer to start again as a girl. It's an amazing offer.

But it's not "you" starting again. You cease to exist. There is nothing that makes this new person you. It's just suicide except by dying a new person is being born, but they aren't a reincarnation, it's just a completely new person entirely unrelated to you (except for the fact their existence is dependent on your death)
>>
>>8287450
This. I think it's fucked up that OP is saying to be tru trans, you have to be so miserable about your life situation you'd rather just cease to exist.
>>
>>8287468
Yeah the idea that you aren't trans if you aren't suicidal is horrible. I hate my body and my life is suffering but I've never been seriously suicidal. Not because I don't experience depression, anxiety, gender dysphoria, etc but because I'm just not the kind of person to resort to suicide.
>>
File: 1494084318568.jpg (34KB, 1279x711px) Image search: [Google]
1494084318568.jpg
34KB, 1279x711px
>>8275390
i want the money so i can get my chin sawed off, my vocal cords tightened, and boobs. Also id have money to buy a house.

t. Semi passable athletic tranny cunt
>>
>>8275409
B8
>>
>>8287547
???
>>
>>8275390
I have one, and ONLY one conditional (and even then it's not a guaranteed dealbreaker): I want to be reborn in the first world. It doesn't have to be America, but somewhere where...oh wait, I'd be cis wouldn't I?!

Fuck the questions, sign me up! Ready for Total Recall, chop chop, time's a wastin'! And don't give me none of that 'killing yourself' stuff, if I knew for a 100% fact that I could recycle I'd have offed myself LOOOOOONG ago.
>>
>>8287450
>And even if that was a real thing, amnesiacs wouldn't be dead. Just their past self would be.
Isn't this the exact same thing as option 2? The past self dies, but the consciousness goes on.

>But it's not "you" starting again. You cease to exist. There is nothing that makes this new person you.
That's the point, you get to be a new person. The old self dies so you can start anew.

>It's just suicide except by dying a new person is being born, but they aren't a reincarnation, it's just a completely new person entirely unrelated to you (except for the fact their existence is dependent on your death)
In OP's own words, you'd "lose all memories and be reborn to a new family". The key word here is "reborn". That implies your consciousness carries on. You're starting a new life on Earth rather than moving on to whatever comes after life. That is reincarnation.

Yes, I would never be aware of my decision and I would be a completely different person, but it's still clearly the best decision for my happiness.

I'll agree with you, it's suicide. But it's suicide+rebirth. The second part is what you keep neglecting. If I knew reincarnation was a 100% guarantee I'd probably kill myself right this instant.
>>
>>8287595
>>8287623
What is the "you"/"consciousness" that carries on?

What makes it the same?
>>
>>8287642
Science speaks of ancestral memory. Other cultures had similar concepts; the Akashic Record, for instance, is a relatively well-known one. As such, I believe the energy that comprises 'me' will return to that until the time comes to be reborn/re-energized, at which point the 'me' will emerge. Not 100% 'me', but the qualities I possess will (more or less) be consistent and ready to handle another go around of learning in this strange environment we call reality.

I just wish I knew for certain if I were right.
>>
>>8287623
>Isn't this the exact same thing as option 2? The past self dies, but the consciousness goes on.

The person who had the amnesiac's body is dead. But the amnesiac themself isn't, they're just a new person.
>>
>>8287664
>Science speaks of ancestral memory.
[citation needed]
>>
>>8287642
Your consciousness or "soul" so to speak.
>>
>>8286590
That sounds pretty rough. What caused it?
>>
>>8287692
>What is the consciousness?
>Your consciousness
>>
>>8287718
An innate sense of self, the ability to perceive things around you as "you". Your innate sense of being, your soul.
>>
>>8287754
When I turn off my computer does its soul go to computer heaven?
I sure hope so.
>>
>>8287687
Quickest link I could be bothered to find. You do need the ability to extrapolate data on your own; if you lack this ability, I can't help you further.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_memory_%28psychology%29
>>
>>8287763
>In a study,[2][3] mice trained to fear a specific smell passed on their trained aversion to their descendants, which were then extremely sensitive and fearful of the same smell, even though they had never encountered it, nor been trained to fear it.
So because the new little girl keeps certain stimuli that you had, like your descendents would and like you did from your parents, you consider her to be you?
>>
>>8287711
18 months conversion therapy including over 1600 ECT jolts. And that was on top of the complex PTSD I have due to my fucked up childhood.
>>
>>8286590
If you'd transitioned before 20 though it would be a blessing because it would be like you were cis since forever!
>>
File: 1438315715342.jpg (11KB, 82x187px) Image search: [Google]
1438315715342.jpg
11KB, 82x187px
>>8287762
So are you arguing that the soul doesn't exist?

As opposed to the concept of reincarnation, which we totally know does. Or millions of dollars magically poofing into your bank account out of no where.

This whole question is hypothetical in nature. It's obviously not real. There's a certain amount of suspension of disbelief required to answer at all.

The idea of an innate self or soul may or may not be true, but in OP's question we're assuming it is, or else it wouldn't even make sense to use the term "reborn".

I'm all to aware that I will never get the opportunity to redo my life.

>>8287791
Oh my god parents can be crazy.
>>
>>8283527
I want to appreciate the gift id been given, no memories would basically not be 'me' anymore.
>>8284454
>>8284427
I'm already close to passing perfectly, as it stands I'm in the high 90%+.
Having 2.5mil$ in the bank would make up for a lot of shit.its not perfect but better than identity death
>>8285912
Option B
>>8287187
>If I was a cis girl and discovered that I had a shitty tranny past life that I end up rerolling, I'd be thankful.
Id hope id be thankful and not weirded out.
I kinda want to find a relatively happy cis girl, then find a tranny who died or got murdered the day she was born and create an elaborate way to make her think she is the reincarnated tranny and see how she reacts.
But yeah, the current YOU might be thankful, but new cis version might be grossed out. Who can tell?
>>
>>8287791
Terrible. For being gay or trans? How were you made to have the conversion therapy? Who performed it?

What was the fucked up childhood?
>>
>>8287796
it put me into deep repression, and they pumped me full of T & HGH so my body was ruined.

>>8287806
Was doc at a hospital who couldn't deal with my body having tits and a dick.
>>
>>8288472
>Was doc at a hospital who couldn't deal with my body having tits and a dick.
How the fuck?? I never knew doctors could just zap you without warning.

This is horrible, I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.