[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gays in fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1000 hours in mspaint.png (300KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1000 hours in mspaint.png
300KB, 1000x700px
I need your help /lgbt/
What characters belong in the middle?
>>
>>8270535
Since when was Dumbledore gay?

Also Arcade Gannon in the middle
>>
That guy from ParaNorman
>>
>>8271801
>Since when was Dumbledore gay?
kek
>>
>>8271801

Its in one of JKR's many interviews that she gives. One day they should publish a book of all her interviews just because she is constantly making up new canon via random off the cuff remarks. And half the time they end up contradicting each other or the books (not the Dumbledore is gay thing though)
>>
>>8270535

I've heard very very good things about Yuri on Ice.
>>
>>8271840
He was gay?
>>
>>8271846
>And half the time they end up contradicting each other or the books
Examples?
>>
>>8271801
J.K Rowling brought it up at some non-profit or other bullshit like that to show that she was pro diversity and all of that.

That's why he was called 'the headmaster.'
>>
>>8271881

Stupid shit. Like Brazil is a 5x winner of the QWC but in the books it never won. She said McGonagall retired by the time Harry's kids went to school but in Cursed Child she is headmistress. She said there is 1000 students at Hogwarts but had to backtrack because of how tiny its shown in the books. I think she's changed the kids jobs around too every so often, and she changed Hermione's middle name. She said Hermione having light skin is never specified in the books, but it is. (Not that you can't be Black and have white skin).

Author interviews I think are just author headcanon, unless its written down. JKR is constantly revealing new stuff via Twitter.
>>
>>8271909
Oh yeah I remember the light skin one.

>Author interviews I think are just author headcanon, unless its written down.
Depends on the fiction imo. As a general rule I say accept as canon whatever doesn't contradict a more core source.
>>
>>8271931

Yeah but in Harry Potter you will never ever catch up with canon unless you read every minute tweet and interview JKR puts out.

At a certain point, the story of Harry Potter got told by the books. That's Harry Potter. The author's random tweets? I can't take them as canon. Before I was on your side, but Harry Potter canon is so bloated there is no more room for tweets.
>>
>>8271961
Fair enough. In that case just take whichever tweets you know and like and consider them your personalized fanon.
>>
>>8271904
>That's why he was called 'the headmaster.'
Underrated
>>
>>8271961
Canon is such a weird concept. It's like, fiction already didn't happen, but then you're trying to rank the extent to which things didn't happen.
>>
>>8272062

No, I am trying to rank about what counts as "the story of Harry Potter". If that makes sense.

But yeah, the concept of "canon" is rooted in religion and which religious teachings were legit from Jesus and his Apostles (or Buddha or Muhammad or the Pope or whatever). Naturally it gets applied to Harry Potter and other obsessive nearly-religious fandoms.
>>
>>8272062
*sigh*

You put in your DVD of The Dark Knight. You're going to be watching a story.

You've seen Batman Begins. You know the two are "canon" together. When you watch The Dark Knight your understanding of the story is that Batman Begins has already happened and this is the same story.

You do not watch The Dark Knight with the idea in mind that it's following on from Batman and Robin.

Batman in The Dark Knight is the Batman who defeated the Scarecrow and Ras al-Gul. Not Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.