[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any trannies have borderline personality disorder? I have it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1494115022823.jpg (313KB, 612x716px) Image search: [Google]
1494115022823.jpg
313KB, 612x716px
Any trannies have borderline personality disorder? I have it and I'm really not sure if I'm actually trans or it's just my bpd. I have been questioning for years though so I think I might actually be trans.
>>
>>8266907
There is a lot of correlation between being LGBT and having BPD or related conditions, and being LGBT used to be considered a related condition in itself.

Psychologists and psychiats have always just been categorizing abnormal human behaviour and pushing for normalization where it is considered necessary by the state.
>>
>>8266907
every tranny has BPD

dont worry about it my man
>>
>>8266907
Talk to a psychologist who specializes in gender identity disorder.
>>
>>8266946
You reckon so?
>>
>>8266946
You think it's common?
>>
I think the thing is there are fringe cases of people thinking they're trans because of wanting to liberate themselves or attribute things to gender roles where it's not necessarily true (being a very sensitive emotional male for example).

Then, you have "real" trans people who have BPD because they're hiding themselves and strongly trying to fit themselves where it doesn't work. I think at the end of it all, a lot of it comes down to the physical - without any regards to personality or others perception of you, would you feel better with female characteristics?
>>
>>8267020
Also, sorry for "female characteristics" - I should have said the opposite gender's characteristics. Though I do think that's telling that MtF is the dominant issue around here, from what I can see.
>>
>>8267020
>>8267055
Yeah I'm mtf. I mean yeah I would feel better being a girl regardless of how others perceive me. I don't know if that doesn't make it related to bpd though. You know how most trans people question a lot? I feel like I have like one more thing to question about. A lot of the time I do think I'm probably trans though.
>>
>>8267090
BPD is something that you can actually work through potentially.
> I don't know if that doesn't make it related to bpd though.
It's a question of cause vs effect. Many trans people suffer mental illness which is onset by their situation and the way society at large is not necessarily a safe place for them, and how they perceive themselves. In the first example I gave, BPD or other insecurities would possibly cause them to believe they may be trans, but they may not actually be happy with a feminine body even if it did permit them to have a new identity for personal liberation or ideation of things they -believe- to be unacceptable for men to do.

Does that help explain it any better?
>>
>>8267106
I guess I should elaborate a little more - in the case of trans people, BPD can manifest as a result of repression, if that wasn't clear. The cause and effect are switched, and BPD is merely a symptom in both cases - one comes from attributing acceptable behavior as inacceptable for your gender (rarely true), one comes from suppression of your trans identity and trying to toss yourself halfway out so you can just keep your personality malleable and keep yourself self.

I understand that yes, it's confusing if you've got BPD and also have trans feels. It's important to look at your life as a whole, your feelings -just- about your body. Question if you are believing certain behaviors are unacceptable for you as a male, and why you may believe that - etc. I hope this helps make things clearer.

I've suffered from BPD myself but I ultimately had to do a lot of souls searching to know my desire to transition was real. I hope you can find your answers.
>>
>>8267118
>keep yourself self.
safe, not self
>>
>>8267106
>>8267118
I kind of get what you're saying. I would much much rather be female than anything else and that's why I think I'm probably trans. Still I have bpd I feel like I don't really know how to explain it. My whole life I never was a "real" person so to speak. I kind of changed my personality to be whatever based on people around me. Which you know is one of the things bpd people do I think the term is mirroring. I just don't know if when I'm alone I want to be a girl to fill the gap because I have no one to copy and I don't really have a personality of my own. I don't know it's really hard to explain how I feel about things. Borderline personality disorder is fucked I hate it.
>>
>>8267106
>>8267118
It's really really hard to explain how I feel about everything trans and bpd related. I don't think I could possibly explain how I feel about everything. I do think I would be happier being a girl which is why I think I'm probably trans. I do think I could've developed bpd from repressing. I also think it's possible I developed trans feel because of bpd. It's a real shit fest trying to sort myself out. Just curious if it was common to have bpd and be trans.
>>
>>8266946
Same
>>
>>8266907
When I went to see a therapist/psych (for GID diagnosis), they did some further general diagnosing and mentioned that I'm "close to having BPD".

I'm still not sure what that means.
>>
>>8267180
http://outofthefog.website/personality-disorders-1/2015/12/6/borderline-personality-disorder-bpd

This is my favorite site that explains what it is
>>
>>8267193
No, I don't mean I don't understand what BPD is, I mean I'm not quite sure what it means for me that I'm "close to having" it.
>>
>>8267197
You probably have a lot of symptoms of BPD but not enough that he thinks you have it
>>
>>8266907
Im a trans with bpd and so's my girlfriend.
we met at the bpd group, where theres a shitload of trans.

most of us are just like "doesn't matter if the bpd caused trans or trans caused bpd, i gottem both"
>>
>>8266907
i have bpd.
it is a hormonal disorder, like being trans, and therefore is probably related.
i think trans is caused by the mother's hormones being out of whack during pregnancy which feminizes or masculinizes the developing fetus' brain making it grow out of sync with the sex of the body.
bpd seems to be a different (inherited) disorder that causes the person's hormones to fluctuate wildly.
the adrenal glands seem to overproduce and then underproduce rather than maintaining a constant flow, as happens in people without the disorder.

studies show that homosexual men are more likely to have a "highly sexed" mother and so maybe all of these anomolies can be traced to heritable mutations that cause changes to adrenal structures resulting in hormonal fluctuations
>>
>>8267135
I do this mirroring all the time... I feel like I'm just a husk wearing different masks for each occasion. Not diagnosed with anything though and have been feeling trans lately
>>
(not an expert, so correct me if I'm wrong)

One thing to keep in mind with symptoms of mental illness is that they also depend on context, and have a tendency to be common across certain disorders.

For example, a number of "red flags" for abuse are similar to anxiety/depression, but not everyone who is anxious or depressed has been abused.

Trans people generally hate their bodies and the way other perceive them, which can make for very unstable self esteem and poor relationship with people. Those also happen to be symptoms of BPD. That doesn't mean that all trans people have BPD, or the other way round. The effects of being trans just happen to be similar to BPD.
>>
>>8267528
This was actually a really helpful answer thanks.
>>
>>8267528
>Im a trans with bpd and so's my girlfriend.
I keep forgetting what year it is.
>>
i have it and im trans
>>
File: my_results.png (63KB, 534x430px) Image search: [Google]
my_results.png
63KB, 534x430px
>>8266907
Hmmm....
>>
>>8266907
You know, an anon told me I might have it and upon reading up on it Im fairly convinced I have it, not that Im going to go around yelling about how I have it without a proper diagnosis. I dont think you have a higher chance of having bpd by being trans but I think if you are unfortunate enough to have both they play off each other. Also my symptoms dont seem as drastic as there where pre hrt aside from the compulsive shopping.
>>
I have BPD and I'm a tran
Cluster-B personality disorders are p common in trans people. They're also common in people who experienced prolonged childhood trauma, which for me was parental abuse (DV household, probably sexual abuse) and years of bullying for being a tran
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.