[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transitioning at 24 years old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1493989692562.jpg (706KB, 900x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1493989692562.jpg
706KB, 900x1262px
It's probably better than not transitioning and killing myself later on in life right? Or am I at the age where it just doesn't matter if I wait 5 more years since I'm already fucked?
>>
>>8264078
Genetics matter as much as age. Some people transitioned at your age or later and turned out fine.
>>
>>8264083
I have no hopes for myself given I have bdd. Is 24 better than like 26 or 27 in terms of what HRT will do?
>>
>>8264140
Yes absolutely. Men continue to age until they hit andropause
>>
>>8264776
If I've missed passing and won't socially transition is there still a point in HRT?
>>
>>8264794
Yes because you might get enough money for things like ffs and end up just fine. You might as well stop masculinization now.
There are of course certain considerations like what to do about boob growth though. If you think you can hide it just go for it.
>>
I started at 22 and know plenty of trannies in our age group who turned out fine. The oldest started at 25-26 (now 28? I think) and looks fine, aside from some mild hairline issues. She passes fine and even got SRS a few months ago.

My advice to you OP is go on HRT. If you don't pass, the you can at least stop further masculinisation and save up for FFS. If you do, then yay! In my experience it's really hard to end up stuck in andro mode: if you get that far then you'll pass eventually.

The last thing you'd want is to deal with a receding hairline and other lovely effects of testosterone, at your age, whatever mild effects you have had can be mostly reversed, not so much at 40.

Don't wait until you literally have to wear a wig all the time OP.
>>
>>8264801
I don't see FFS happening. In all likelihood I'll be boymode for life. Is there still a point in stopping masculinization?
>>
>>8264815
Well that's good to hear. Everyone on 4chan makes it seem like there is no chance in your 20's.
>>
>>8264822
Well I guess it's up to you.
I'm 27 and started hrt just in case I developed MPB. A lot of people I know are starting to get mpb but I've always looked quite young compared to others so I haven't had issues. Plus I don't want my ribcage to become barrel-chested. I don't think I'd survive until 40 if I had to go through my 30's masculinizing.
>>
>>8264851
Does ribcage still develop at that age?
>>
>>8264851
Those are the kinds of things I'm afraid of. What masculinization happens from mid twenties onwards?
>>
>>8264855
Yes, mine has expanded. I was around 26-27"ish at 18 and I'm about 30.5" now, it's gone up pretty consistently every year. I'm pretty lucky I'm just small in general, probably cause my mom smoked while pregnant lol
>>
>>8264822

Yes, there is. You'll eventually crack, just like every other tranny ever, and if you're on HRT at least you don't have to deal with further bullshit. Seriously, a receding hairline is by far the most fucking irreparable thing, there's a point of no return. Don't let it happen to you OP.

I've met plenty of repressed trannies who basically regret their whole lives because they tried to do the whole idiotic man up game that never actually works. It's fucking heartbreaking. You only get one life OP. Don't waste it. If you're not ready to socially transition, just go on HRT. Believe me when I say you'll thank me later.
>>
>>8264862
Just more of the same stuff pretty much. In your 30's is when men hit peak testosterone levels so you'll probably notice a ton then.

I've always developed really slow and I've had health issues which probably set me back development wise. I've noticed the majority of friends even if they don't have MPB their foreheads are still kind of expanding and changing shape. Browlines become a lot more distinct in your 20's. Men often get barrel chested in their late 20's and 30's and onward. I'm not sure about shoulders, I haven't noticed that much change on myself but on other people I've noticed theirs have definitely grown out especially if they worked out a ton. Given the testosterone boost in your 30's even if you don't workout I'd imagine you'll get shoulder growth from 30-40 years old as well.
I think stuff like feet and hands don't change much, my feet stopped developing around 21 years old. I never paid attention to hands.
>>
>>8264913
I'm mostly not dysphoric but I don't want any of that to happen to me...
>>
>>8264931

Then be a good girl and take your titty skittles. Believe me, the feeling that my body has stopped fucking itself over forever is amazing.

If you change your mind later you can always stop. No big deal.
>>
>>8264957
But the health consequences, like being reliant on HRT from then on or getting osteoporosis? Tits too I guess. It would suck to have moobs even if they don't stop boymode.
>>
>>8264983

Even in men, oestrogen is the main hormone in charge of bone density levels. So titty skittles don't cause osteo, it's low T and E levels from the AA's coupled with a shitty oestrogen dosage.

I sperm banked, so that's that other side effect dealt with. Keeping your penis functional is just a matter of masturbating daily.

The whole "omg I can't hide me bewbs :(" is a meme in my experience. With some lucky exeptions, most trannies after the age of 20 don't go past a B cup. You most likely won't have a problem hiding your boobs, especially when coupled with a man chest/sports bra. I literally make no effort to hide my A cups and people still somehow don't notice. Wearing flannel even with a padded bra makes my boobs invisible.

It's a real shame, because I really like my boobs and I just want them to be bigger, but from the point of boymode fails what is actually making me boymode fail is my face and laser beard removal, not my tits.
>>
>>8265032
But if I lose my natural ability to produce T then I have to stay on hormones either way or be at risk of osteo.

I don't always want to masturbate daily.

I'd love to boymode fail but FFS, laser and voice aren't going to happen.
>>
>>8264983
You won't get osteoporosis on a full HRT treatment.
As for requiring it for the rest of your life, yeah you'll need hormones if your testes shrivel too much of course. But you could do what menopausal women often do and use phytoestrogens as an alternative to pharmaceutical hrt. There's quite a bit of evidence that in sufficient dosages it stops osteoporosis and brain fog. You can also use various phytoestrogens with AAs if you don't want to use estradiol as well, you'll just feminize less.

A lot of people require medication daily, even for hormones, past a certain age anyway so it's not like even if you don't transition that you're off the hook for medications for the rest of your life.
>>
>>8265075
Laser costs like 125 a session and voice training is easy af. FFS is the only thing that is hard to get because honestly not many people have 50k laying around. You could always go to a cheaper ffs surgeon for like 15k but result may vary.
>>
>>8265120
At this point I am considering just going to Cardenas in Mexico, but I'm afraid I'll regret it because my BDD is so strong.
>>
>>8265124
Just get someone to beat the shit out of you and drop you off at a hospital with a note that says "rebuild me as a girl pls"
>>
>>8265124
I wouldn't go to mexico for it. At the very least I would go to one of the cheaper US doctors or Bart. That's just me being super paranoid though.
>>
>>8265145
Well I don't want to go to Spiegel or Zukowski. I think I'm just gonna try to find a way to make a lot of money so that I can go to Facial Team, I'll waste more of my life as a yunghon that way, but I'll still maybe have five years left of my 20s.
>>
>>8265092
What would I take if I used phytoestrogens? Feminizing less is probably better if I'm not transitioning entirely. I just don't want to masculinize any more.

I know it's just taking medicine but I don't like making my body dependent on anything it doesn't have to be.

>>8265120
Even if I did get expensive FFS I wouldn't be sure of passing. If I stay in boymode I can not worry about it or laser or voice.

How easily could I get results voice training?
>>
>>8265154
Yeah I know how you feel. I wish I could hit the lottery and go to DB but I'm just saving up money to go to Facial Team. I don't trust any non US or European doctors did you see that one girl that went to Rossi? That scared me enough to never consider anywhere but US and EU.
>>
>>8265165
Took me a few months of practicing every single day and I could sound like a girl. It could take longer for you though idk. If you got expensive FFS I'm pretty sure you could pass. You would have to be really fucked up to not pass after expensive FFS.
>>
>>8265092
>There's quite a bit of evidence that in sufficient dosages it stops osteoporosis and brain fog.
Anything I can do to stop brain fog without switching estrogens?
>>
I have a serious question. Why some people care so much about their gender?
I feel comfortable in my male body and identify as male, but if I wake one day with a woman body I am not going to kill myself over it. I will not even try to regain my masculinity.
What I am trying to say is that I don't understand what is the problem with feeling female in a male body. Now, I want to understand why some people do.
>>
File: dysphoria.png (153KB, 941x856px) Image search: [Google]
dysphoria.png
153KB, 941x856px
>>8265195
dysphoria
>>
>>8265176
If it takes months of daily practice then it isn't easy. If I can't learn it well I'll get nowhere.

FFS can't make me pass on its own no matter how good it is. I don't want to put false hope on it. I don't need to be a girl. I'll be happy not masculinizing any more and I won't worry about everything else I need to pass or whether my FFS is good enough.
>>
>>8265211
So is normal that I don't really how is my body?
>>
>>8265222
>So is normal that I don't really care how is my body?
>>
>>8265213

If you take HRT without laser and voice therapy you will always pass as a dude. It's easy to underestimate how powerful those gender markers are.

If you don't want to masculinise further, HRT is literally the only scientifically proven way to stop virilisation. It's that or a 40yo dadbod. I know it sucks, I wish there was more options for us, but it is how it is.
>>
>>8265195
>but if I wake one day with a woman body I am not going to kill myself over it. I will not even try to regain my masculinity.
You'll accept just changing your lifestyle to be feminine and all your social interactions to female expectations?
>>
>>8265222
That's good for you if you don't care how your body looks. Nothing is wrong with that.
>>
>>8265238
I will be as I am. I don't need to be feminine or fulfill social expectations. Some woman have more manly lifestyles than I do.
>>
>>8265234
I know. It's boymode forever for me.

I just want HRT that stops further masculinization and only gives me unnoticeable feminization and isn't unhealthy.
>>
>>8265261
>I know. It's boymode forever for me.
How old are you? If you're under 25 and try really hard and get FFS you can go girlmode.
>>
>>8265165
>What would I take if I used phytoestrogens? Feminizing less is probably better if I'm not transitioning entirely. I just don't want to masculinize any more.
Well for menopause they use like 60-120mg/day of soy isoflavones usually. There's also hops, pueraria mirifica, and red clover being other pretty popular choices.
I would suggest checking out the site examine.com for determining dosages and everything. I use sites like nutricargo and badmonkeybotanicals for buying any supplements I need. They sell stuff like 40% isoflavone powder by the kilogram. You'd need to buy a capsule packing machine off amazon for like $30 though, and of course empty capsules.

Phytoestrogens don't work in every case, but they've been pretty well researched. Even for cancer they've used dosages of 600-1000mg/day of isoflavones for prostate cancer and it has sometimes helped quite a bit. They seem pretty safe overall. Isoflavones in dosages of like 300-400mg/day have been shown to reverse fatty liver disease so they're certainly not doing any harm to the body even in megadosages.
Pueraria mirifica is a little iffy cause it has miroestrol in it which hasn't been researched very well though. I've heard of people having problems with it and getting sick.

Using phyto's isn't exactly easier or anything. It's just an alternative. Menopausal women using them tend to be really anti-pharmaceutical so all these huge inconveniences don't seem like inconveniences to many people looking to avoid pharms.
>>
>>8265261

Yeah, I used to feel that way. Sadly, with current medical technology what you ask for is impossible.

HRT isn't unhealthy. Just look at the wealth of scientific studies out there. Yeah, I have to take pills, but so do lots of people for lots of reasons. Women have to take pills just so they don't get pregnant. The whole 'self reliance, lone wolf' type thing is just a stupid masculinity meme that just serves to kill men younger because they refuse to ask for help.

Ultimately, for me, I chose to go on HRT knowing I could always stop, so it was worth giving it a shot. If I stopped tomorrow, I'd die happier because at least I knew that I gave myself a chance to live a happier life rather than repressing and regretting later.

It's all up to you, OP. I hope you choose the best path for you.
>>
>>8265254
You'd be weaker, you'd get hit on by guys, you'd be treated with chivalry instead of being assumed independent, etc. That all makes a manly lifestyle trickier.

You'd have to date guys too or deal with coming out if you want to be a lesbian.
>>
>>8265286
You haven't seen my frame. It doesn't matter though, just keeping my body from becoming more male will be something.

>>8265288
Are phytos cheaper or safer?

Unless there's something like that I don't mind pharma.

>>8265305
I don't want to be self-reliant out of manliness. I just want to be able to stop any time and not regret having tried. If I need to take them forever or risk osteo or have permanent changed besides softer skin, less MPB and less male body hair then I might regret it.
>>
>>8264078
OP if you could still be called a boy today, you will probably transition fine.
Yes it will be much better than waiting to 26
>>
>>8265386
>Are phytos cheaper or safer?
They might be cheaper if you buy the powders in bulk.
Before I used normal hrt I kind of binged on phytoestrogens and was megadosing on various phyto's, like very very high dosages lol, and I didn't spend much. I still have a ton leftover. Like a years worth of them costed me $250 and if you were to use the same dosages I was using as purchased from a drug store it would cost like $500/month lol
I bought some spiro while I was taking the phyto's once as well and that kind of skyrocketed the effects and although the phyto's gave me gyno after taking spiro for a bit things went a lot quicker.

But for easiness it's more convenient just to buy AAs and estradiol. I inevitably switched cause packing a bunch of powders in capsules just sucks lol
It was fun to experiment with though cause I've always been really big into supplements so I'm used to packing lots of pills and I'm used to figuring out dosages and what I can and cannot megadose on.
>>
>>8265310
What is manly for you?
Celibate is not that bad, you know?
>>
>>8264078
So if you're 24 and have at least a little bit of hope for passing and put a lot of effort into transitioning what do you think my chances of passing are? I could always get ffs too.
>>
>>8265925

You'd be fairly certain to pass. Most people in real life aren't 4chan OCD autists, they see someone and even if she looks a bit masculine and tall and whatever, she'll pass, as long as she has done her voice, laser hair removal, enough time on tit skits, and doesn't have any absurd gender markers in the face like a huge browridge or whatever.

To look identical to a cis girl is nearly impossible for most trans girls, but most people out there aren't looking to clock trannies left and right like the people here, so most just don't notice/give a shit.

It's an unconcious thing to gender someone, and it's not hard to tilt the balance in your favour, as long as you've checked all the boxes: voice, laser, and tit skits being the biggest ones.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.