[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was taking a look at my credit lines. With one more card, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1484618711345.gif (650KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484618711345.gif
650KB, 608x800px
I was taking a look at my credit lines. With one more card, I should have enough to travel to Thailand for two FFS surgeries.

My insurance will cover breast implants, which are the only surgery I wanted to have in the states, but not hair removal or FFS. I'm pretty poor and won't have the cash to afford FFS in the states or Europe, but it'll be necessary for me to pass. I won't come out at work until I'm passing so...that's that.

I'm two years away, but I want to know my options ahead of time.

Have you had surgery abroad? How did it go? Which doctors should I look for? Which should I avoid?

Arguments against are appreciated. Links to both sides adored.
>>
>>8254318
You really really need to be careful who you have ffs with. You can literally end up disfigured if you choose the wrong doctor. Personally I'm saving up to either go to facial team or DB. I know they cost the most but they do the best work.
>>
>>8254318
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/comments/5qaigy/is_this_appalling_scan_really_dr_rossis_work/?st=j1v3x0f9&sh=ccfd6a38

This is what you get when you go to unknown doctors. Thailand is really good for SRS but you always will have to go to known doctors. Please be careful with who you go to
>>
Update I have $13,500 in credit right now.

>>8254344
I was joking with my therapist that I could pick a fight with a transphobe, let him beat me until I required facial reconstructive surgery then head to the E.R. where they would make me a lady, as my insurance would cover it then. Ha

>>8254364
Good point. I came here for recommendations to vet the poor doctors. Who are some known surgeons to that have a track record of reputable work outside the U.S.?
>>
>>8254318
Deschamps-Braly, Ousterhout and Harrison Lee - $50-70k
Spiegel - $30- 40k
Bart - $20-30k
Z - $15-25k
I don't know facial teams prices but I would assume they cost more than 30k. I would probably only go to DB or Facial team though. These are probably the most well known FFS surgeons. Doesn't mean they wont fuck up though but these guys would be better than looking for other doctors imo.
>>
>>8254541
>Zukowski- $15-25k
>>
>>8254541
Is that for only one surgery?
>>
>>8254553
Well at least he understands what he's worth, unlike Spiegel.
>>
>>8254581
For basically everything
>>
>>8254593
tfw I live in Chicago

...That'd kill my credit score, but...

>>
>>8254541
Why is DB that expensive? What's so good about him to make it worth the price?
>>
>>8254606
People have had good results from Zukowski but I've seen him fuck up too. Just ask around here a lot I'm sure other people can help out too. I would suggest at least going to Bart. If you can save up and get the money to go to Facial Team I would go there for sure. Seriously though take your time and really think this through.

>>8254668
Because he wont fuck your face up. Lots of celebrities go to DB hes a really trustworthy surgeon.
>>
>>8254697
>Because he wont fuck your face up. Lots of celebrities go to DB hes a really trustworthy surgeon.
Oh, I see. Thanks. What are his waiting times like?

N-not that I'd ever be able to afford him :'(
>>
>>8254705
I actually couldn't tell you I'm in the same boat. I have like 25k saved up and I plan on going to Facial Team when I get the money for it. If I hit the lottery I would go to DB though.
>>
>>8254732
>Facial Team
How much do they charge?

Maybe I'll open up a few more credit cards...Two years from now my credit will be back up because I've been paying in full instead of merely tossing them the minimum. Then I could be a woman in fully.

Maybe I'll even have money for hair regrowth so I don't have to wear a wig.

Oh dear.
>>
>>8254749
30k+ they do the best work for the price though. Everyone on the site always tells me to go to them and generally they do good work. You would have to fly to Spain though. I heard they have a Brazilian clinic that they sometimes go to where they do the same work for cheaper but I don't know how that works or when they go there.
>>
>>8254791
What makes them so good? Are they one doctor or several? Do you know who the best one is?

Flying does sound like it'd be a hassle, though. The cheapest tickets look to be around $1000 round trip from the US to Spain, but those tend to be 20+ hours per flight. Jesus.

Still, $1000 is pocket change compared to the $20k extra from DB. Just worried about the trip back and whether it'd interfere with recovery. Revisions seem like they'd be a hassle too, if they did mess up.
>>
>>8254821
Pretty sure there are 2 lead doctors. Everyone recommends them here and I don't hear horror stories like I do with most others. On top of that they aren't just plastic surgeons like a lot of the other doctors that specialize in FFS. I looked up a lot of places and I can honestly say it seemed like Facial Team would give me the best results and least risk for the price. A lot of people complain about Spiegel, Bart and Zukowski and have shown that they do fuck up. I don't know ask around most people here think Facial Team is the way to go. I do think it would suck flying to Spain and staying there for like 3 weeks though.
>>
I've been looking at Facial Team.

The things I'm looking at getting done are:

1) Hairline lowering
2) Cheek augmentation - make the face seem less long and more proportional/heart shaped
3) Possible jawline defining/work
4) Possible chin augmentation/work

A lot of what I dont like is that it feels that my face seems a bit too long and was wondering if jaw work ?upper mandible? would help make it shorter and define my jawline...

Anyone have any thoughts about that

same applies to chin as well - maybe more so giving me a better chin as opposed to making it shorter vertical wise.
>>
>>8254318
I had FFS in Australia with Paul Gerarchi. He did a great job on my forehead (type 1) and nose. I feel his prices were pretty reasonable too. However, Australian hospital and anesthetist fees are terrible and almost cost more than Gerarchi himself did for the two aforementioned procedures. Forehead was 4k and nose was 7k. Hospital was 7.5k and anesthetist was 550 per hour.
>>
>>8254900
I think I'm going to get brow/forehead, chin, and jaw.
>>
>>8255063
ohhh are you by any chance called leigh? I'm in Australia too and was wondering if Aus had any noteworthy surgeons - probs still gonna do facial team tho

>>8255078
yeah for me hairline and cheek are bare minimum
jaw and chin would be nice/need recommendations and expert opinion on what to have done for them
>>
>>8254705
His waiting times are really small. He was able to get me in in under a month (but I still decided to book further out).
>>
>>8255097
Nope, I'm not Leigh. I'd be happy to show you what I had done with Gerarchi, but I wont post photos of my face online because I'd rather not have my picture floating around.

If you're interested in talking to him the first consult is around $300 but you get $70 back from medicare. You can always ring them and talk with the receptionists for any other info, they're pretty friendly.
>>
>>8256048
Oh nice, yeah if you could for sure show me what you had done that would be cool, yeah obvs dont post your face if you dont want to. Were any of the procedures eligible for medicare rebate?
>>
>>8256089
Yes, forehead, jaw and adams apple all have a very small rebate. Nose doesn't.
Do you have a private contact that you do mind sharing here?
>>
>>8256542
yeah sure mate you can add me on uhhh discord? unless you can think of something better?

email this throwaway your discord info
[email protected]
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.