[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: rupaul2.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rupaul2.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
So, the short question is what is the general stance on drag queens/kings in the trans community? Maybe not necessarily the performers themselves, but the... Culture?

My girlfriend is a trans woman and I never really invite her to outings at gay bars because it's not really her scene and she just doesn't seem interested. I was always under the impression it was because of her feeling uncomfortable and being worried about being fetishized. Turns out she just feels drag culture trivializes her identity. Is this common?
>>
>>8244511
drag queens are not necessarily trans women though, but some are. most drag queens are men that identify as men or genderqueer/trans and not as trans women, so i don't know how it trivializes her identity.

that being said if i was a trans woman i would not go to a drag show or attend one because i wouldn't want someone thinking im a drag queen instead of a legit woman and probably wouldn't get involved with the culture for the same reason
>>
>>8244511

Isn't drag more a satire of hyper sexualized women and to call it trans-misogyny is a bit much? I admit my ignorance on the subject.
>>
>>8244523
"Trivialize" was my own wording, honestly what she said was pretty much on par with what you said. Thanks!
>>
>>8244511
transwomen aren't drag queens.
and usually drag queens aren't trans.

also, transwomen are looking for straight men or women.
not gay men.
they aren't going to find mr. right at a gay bar, probably just gross chasers, if anything at all.
>>
>>8244553
Hmm, she didn't necessarily call it transmisogynstic, more along the lines of "I don't want my identity to be misconstrusted by people". >>8244523 said it better! Forgive me, I'm struggling to appropriately explain. I was just curious if this was a common line of thinking.
>>
>>8244564
Oh my gosh guys, I know transfolks aren't drag folks and vice-versa. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear, suddenly very bad at communicating. Bare with me.

>probably just gross chasers, if anything at all.

That's another reason, absolutely. Detailing a bit but can I hear your opinions on gay bars nowadays? I live in a very tiny town so I experience "mostly straight women and men looking for women or threesomes" but I'm mostly indifferent since I don't go to bars often and... Seems to come with the territory nowadays.
>>
>>8244564
But I'm a trans woman who wants gay men....
They're really hot, girl
>>
File: lain2.jpg (14KB, 201x183px) Image search: [Google]
lain2.jpg
14KB, 201x183px
>>8244593
Well I don't know. Imagine going to a lesbian bar right now, would you feel comfortable? Of course not because you don't identify as a girl and lesbian women sometimes look and are different from straight women.

That's the same kind of dilemma here, and as MTF I would feel REALLY shitty if a BF would propose me going to a gay bar, except if it's for him (I'm open minded with sexuality). Simply because I would feel he misunderstands me
>>
>>8244652
Actually I am a lesbian...

I never force her anywhere, just invite her to outings I go to and she's decided against going enough times that I presumed it was because of prior experiences with chasers. When we finally talked about it, I was just curious if this is something common among transfolks because I'm, idk, curious about things like this?
>>
>>8244732
Personally I have fun at gay bars, I think drag queens are fun and I'm not worried about being mistook for one... They have a very specific style and I would be amazed at how stupid the person is rather than offended
>>
>>8244511
mtf,
>I was always under the impression it was because of her feeling uncomfortable and being worried about being fetishized. Turns out she just feels drag culture trivializes her identity.

for me it is exactly like you wrote
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.