[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitterness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: Haircuts-For-Older-Men.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Haircuts-For-Older-Men.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
Hey /lgbt/ I have my 26 birthday coming up soon. I'm gay, but I've had only one sexual experience (we just fondled each other and, no, I didn't come) years ago. I've never had a boyfriend either. I gave it a good shot, but it just wasn't meant to be. How can I grow old without getting bitter?
>pic related
>>
>>8231467
Get a bf
Where you at anon?
>>
>>8231481
East Coast.
Don't you think I'm too old to be dating people now?
>>
>>8231487
>Don't you think I'm too old to be dating people now?
>sugar daddy pic
>literally an old dude who dates people
wtf
this is bait but I'll answer
people date at all ages
all you need is (take notes):

1) self love (love your own mind: read the books you want, learn what you want, do what you want for society and to earn your living)
2) be at peace with yourself physically. do the physical activity you want, be it just walking or running decathlones. also look the way you want and dress how you want.
3) money nigga, you need it for 2), you have it if you're successfully pulling 1) and you'll need it to 4)
4) date: do fun things with other people. eat nice food, watch movies, go out and buy ice cream, etc.

you can get on your feet even if you're at total zero right now.

I'm 26 and still a full time student with no love life whatsoever, had a gf and dumped her in order to reach my number of goals and be ultimately happy.
>>
>>8231487
East coast of America?
Rip I'm a canada
26 isn't too old desu. I'm 23. I want someone who's at least a 6/10 with a good personality.

I don't give a fuck about the gay death meme it's like taking the pence meme seriously
>>
>>8231521
>people date at all ages
True but isn't it kind of embarrassing? Whenever I see older people on a date, say, singles in their forties, I kind of laugh at them. I mean, shouldn't that phase in your life be over and done with? You can't keep holding out for another chance, and another chance, and another chance.

But I agree with what you've said 1-through-4. I guess I just don't like people enough to do interesting things with them.
>>
>>8231538
Gays have a harder time dating so it's not that uncommon.
Plus the way you're thinking is probably only due to your own insecurities. It's not a bad thing to be single at any age, it can happen to anyone. Not everyone's relationship lasts forever.
>>
>>8231538
i think you over value the norms of previous generations

people die, people break up, shit happens, there is nothing wrong with trying to be happy and living a fulfilling at any age
>>
>>8231548
>Gays have a harder time dating so it's not that uncommon.
Yeah, I guess so! I wish I had known this earlier. I wouldn't have wasted my time and would've busted my pooper instead on any willing cock in a string of meaningless encounters.
>Not everyone's relationship lasts forever.
Right, because not everyone's a winner, or successful, or ever going to be happy.
>>
>>8231538
>judging people for trying to be happy based on arbitrary standards
>your arbitrary standards lead you to being unhappy

enjoy living in your own prison
>>
>>8231557
At least older generations had norms, guidelines, ways of doing things. All we've got is this gross mishmash of self-esteem boosters and nihilism.
>>
>>8231573
yeah, well, that's your opinion.
>>
File: noggin_joggin.jpg (38KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
noggin_joggin.jpg
38KB, 600x338px
>>8231565
And you're so judgment free, you can't tell the difference between positive and negative.
>pic related

>>8231579
Maybe I'm generalizing too hastily, but tell me specifically where I'm wrong?
>>
>>8231582
lol
good luck with that
>>
>>8231585
This is what I mean, a member of an older generation might've had a snappy comeback or maybe they would've had some dignity and forgone any reply. Instead, this anon just posted some hackneyed, self-satisfied line.
And the best of luck to you too, anon.
>>
>>8231573
Well it's not like you have a choice in what you want to do. You're not currently seeing anyone so either live forever alone and kill yourself or you just go out and date people.
>>
>>8231600
>Well it's not like you have a choice in what you want to do.
>Offers choices.
Uh huh.
Really, the whole point of my post was how do I live alone without killing myself. I think that's a modest and acceptable goal.
>>
>>8231610
If you're wondering whether it's possible to live alone and not kill yourself you're not going to be able to do it.
Just try dating people. Sign up to a dating site and just meet people. You're not that old.
>>
>>8231598
i'm not the 26 year old virgin loser asking for help just as an excuse to defend his shitty choices and crappy attitude which got him to the pathetic point of wanting to ask for help to begin with.
i actually have a legitimate reason to be self-satisfied because i've actually had a life outside my house.
you just have a weak fragile ego to maintain and defend.
>>
>>8231621
>You're not that old.
>that
>old.
>pic related

No, I grant it's possible. But how is it done?
>>
You can fully live life at any age. It's never too late.
>>
>>8231632
>i've actually had a life outside my house
I'm sorry you apparently lost it then.
But, you see, it's responding at length to my taunt which convinces me you might be lying.
>you just have a weak fragile ego to maintain and defend
Did you work in a movie theater? Because you're awful good at projecting.
>>
>>8231641
winning internet arguments will never make up for the fact that you will die alone and unloved.
nothing you say will change the fact that this means more to you than it does to me, because this sort of interaction is all you have to live on.
it is no one's fault but your own that you refuse to change and drop this bullshit attitude and have a normal life.
>>
>>8231637
That's not exactly the question on the table here though.
A full life can be a solitary one. How does one lead a full life alone? That, in the context of your remark, is more or less the question which we have quite ineffectively diverged from.
>>
>>8231634
Go on dating sites and meet people. Plenty of fish and okcupid are good starts.
Some people use grindr but you have to wade through a sea of sluts to find people to date on there.
>>
>>8231673
>drop this bullshit attitude and have a normal life.
Normal as defined by you? No thanks, anon.
>>
>>8231678
That's not quite what I meant. I didn't word that right.
What I meant was: I know its possible to live alone and not kill myself, obviously, but what should I commit to instead of dating?
I appreciate your encouragement to date, but I have nothing to offer someone else. Particularly a gay guy, they're very selective. I'm not rich, hung or dealing drugs.
>>
>>8231690
Are you cute and have a somewhat decent ass?
>>
>>8231683
see >>8231585
>>
>>8231701
Nope! I'm not bad-looking, just on the negligible side of average with a somewhat pockmarked bum.
>>
>>8231708
see >>8231598
You might want to try something else. There are other threads.
>you just have a weak fragile ego to maintain and defend
>>
I'm 27 and get ignores by men under 30. Also every man that is not in a relationship over 25 around here is obese and has shitty facial hair that they don't take care of. If I can't prove myself wrong by August, I am killing myself.
>>
>>8231467
Just keep believing in yourself.
Cultivate friendships.
Find hobbies that you enjoy.
You will eventually meet someone, everyone does.
Stop focusing on what you're lacking and be thankful for what you have.
Work on your career.
Stability and an interesting, creative life are attractive qualities.
If you kill yourself you will just have to come back and start all over from the beginning.
Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>8233269
>If you kill yourself you will just have to come back and start all over from the beginning.
This is a more attractive option than mending what is broken. But I don't believe in reincarnation so...
>>
>>8233208
Good, nobody wants you here
>>
>>8233710
you don't understand.
when you come back everything is still broken.
the purpose of this life is to learn to overcome difficulties.
not to avoid them.
>>
>>8233208
>Razors pain you;
>Rivers are damp;
>Acids stain you;
>And drugs cause cramp.
>Guns aren’t lawful;
>Nooses give;
>Gas smells awful;
>You might as well live.

>>8233815
I thought millennials believed as late 30 was still childhood. 26 is old enough to known better, at least.

>>8233830
Life has no purpose. Things aren't broken, they're just shit.
>>
>>8231538
Life doesn't have phases except for puberty.
>>
File: funeral.shawls.png (1MB, 850x1121px) Image search: [Google]
funeral.shawls.png
1MB, 850x1121px
>>8233907
>Life has no purpose. Things aren't broken, they're just shit.

Well with that attitude, it is no wonder you are depressed.
You need to find meaning.
Nihilism is fun when you're a teen but it will get old as you grow older.
>>
>>8233932
Old age isn't a phase then, or does it simply not exist?

>>8233952
I'm not depressed at all. I'm just kind of annoyed things haven't gone better. I just don't want to be bitter or jealous as I get older because that kind of behavior is pathetic.
I appreciate your advice, but if all you've got is this zen crap then we have nothing to say to each other as far as attitude adjustments are concerned. I don't need meaning. I need practical, real, concrete advice on how to be alone without taking it out on people who have been more fortunate than me in sex and love.
>>
File: 1492393765801.jpg (64KB, 470x366px) Image search: [Google]
1492393765801.jpg
64KB, 470x366px
>>8233989
>I need practical, real, concrete advice on how to be alone
see
>>8233269
>>
>>8234034
Most of that's solid advice; I can, for example, focus on my career and my hobbies, but the spiritual undertones anon is selling are deeply objectionable.
People are shit, you can't make them better because they're made of terrible stuff.
>Stability and an interesting, creative life are attractive qualities.
Also, I believe that, outside of physical appearances, there are no such things as attractive qualities. Morons value stability because they're wobbly and tormented, they cling to stable people and ruin both their lives.
>You will eventually meet someone, everyone does.
The one person you are guaranteed to meet is a coroner.
>>
Whatever guys, it's clear from my behavior here that I'll just be bitter and maybe I already was which is perhaps why I never got along well with people to begin with.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>8233907
>Guns aren’t lawful
They are in my country.
>>
>>8236663
bang bang, anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmW-iWdKgEg
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.