[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaving thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Lets talk about how we shave REAL close.

How do you shave?
What do you shave with?
How much money do you spend on your shave?
>>
>>8219916
I shave with a cheap razor. There's virtually no hair on my body so that suffices just fine. I have a can of shaving cream that's been around for years and I can never finish.

I'm an Asian MtF though, so I'm very hairless by default.
>>
I also am interested in this
bump
>>
>>8219955
you're lucky try being a beard having scotsman
>>
>>8220407
MtF?
>>
File: male_androgenic_hair_map.jpg (378KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
male_androgenic_hair_map.jpg
378KB, 1357x628px
i use a safety razor. does shaving damage the skin or make it coarser or is it ok to shave as often as you want?
>>8220407
>scotsman
would rather hairy and light shaded body hair than hairless with dark shaded facial hair. though that lucky guy probably has no facial hair either
>>
>>8219916
Electric razor. Buzzcut head, trim beard, chest-, pit- and my happy trail and the stuff that grows right above dicc.

Shave balls wet and very carefully, as well as butte when I'm feeling noodly.
>>
>>8219916
This morning was the first time I shave all my boy parts... fuck, I'm feeling like a sub faggot. Shaving is not my thing.
>>
>>8220619
>Electric razor.
There's no fucking way that you pass.
>>
>>8219916
Safety razor. Cheap, plus I have a nice supply of razors to cut with. And HRT made shaving a breeze. Now I need to get an income so I can start electrolysis
>>
I shave my legs, arms and sometimes more every day with the gillette proglide. After doing this for a few months I've found it only adds about 10 minutes at most to my shower. I don't use any shaving cream or anything I just shave against the grain everywhere there is hair in the shower. The blades last forever so I don't spend much money.
>>
>>8220578
That map isn't accurate. I live in the Mediterranean and I do have a lot of hair but I'm the exception. No guy I've known or that I've seen half naked in the locker room had a lot of hair. And none of them shaved either, I know that because they did have hair just not a lot and because the one time one guy did shave his chest in high school everyone gave him shit for like a week.
>>
>>8220906
it's just percentage of population from a few locations with hair on their toe and then some genius improvised and drew a globe spanning map from it. so not super accurate
>>
>>8219916

I'm MtF (for context)

>How do you shave?
In the shower with body wash. I have to shave approximately once a week. Legs, crotch/genital/anal area, the 'happy trail' belly area from crotch to navel, armpits, occasionally arms (once a month), rarely feet/toes/fingers (once every couple months). Face every couple of days with just water.

>What do you shave with?
A razor, usually Venus brand with 5 blades and body wash in the shower. Same for my face but with just water in the mirror at the sink. I'm doing laser hair removal on my face and neck which has cut down hair growth significantly. Gonna keep going until there is nothing left.

>How much money do you spend on your shave?
A razor may last me months. I use separate razors for my face and body. A three pack of Venus disposables costs about $14. Maybe two packs a year. Laser is $120 per session for face and neck nuking.
>>
>>8220813
>shaves head
i know this is /tttt/ but i'm pretty sure that anon's a cis dude
>>
>>8219916
I use a Gilette Fusion paired with gel, and it is frankly subpar. I don't trust it around my man bits. It barely shaves my face properly, taking a few tried to cut through what would be a couple of days' growth on most people. Shaving my chest/stomach often results in tiny nicks if I don't stay completely still.
The trimmer blade is handy, but only because the razor itself is so fucking bulky.

I don't grow much worth shaving anywhere else, but trim my pubes occasionally with scissors.
I don't shave my head; I'd rather keep my long curly hair, and the fringe that covers the little chunk that got taken off my forehead after a hobby accident; there's a little harry potter scar at my hairline where a shattered dremel blade hit me.

I spend very little on it; I shave once a week because I don't grow much hair.
>>
22 year old gay guy.
I got laser hair removal procedures done on my arms and legs. I use a gilette safety razor for my genitals and face. I naturally don't grow hair anywhere else.
>>
Are safety razors a meme?
>>
>>8221979
No, razors are just bullshit. Blades for a safety razor cost next to nothing in bulk.
>>
File: razor.jpg (474KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
razor.jpg
474KB, 2000x2000px
>>8222056
DUDDDE 5 BLADEZ LMAO
>>
>>8222138
Why are these posts always about exactly 5 blades?
>>
I only shave my face and trim my pubes, though I sport a goatee. I have to trim me beard and mustache down to 6 mm at least twice a month if I don't want to end up looking like a walrus. I'm a fucking miracle of hair growth.
>>
I have super thick facial hair, I get maybe 4 shaves out of a Gillette fusion proglide blade because my course beard destroys the blades.

Can anyone suggest something better? Cheaper blades are worse I used Dorco pace 6 or whatever briefly and blades only lasted 2 uses.
>>
Protip: A Venus woman's razor works great for your face as well as everywhere else and it lasts a fuck of a lot longer than a man's razor.
>>
>>8223174
I thought men's and women's were the same apart from color?
>>
>>8223097
2 uses, try 2 strokes.
>>
If I do anything on my body I either sugar wax it or epilate it. I just did my entire body a little while ago and by the time I was done it looked like I massacred chewbacca in my bathroom lol
My hair grows way too fast for shaving to even be practical.
I don't always shave my beard, but when I do I just use an electric razor, I use my epilator on my neck though since razors give me too many ingrowns whereas epilators don't for some bizarre reason.

Pretty much if I remove hair unless it's my beard, I epilate it or if I make some sugar wax if I feel like it, but that's kind of messy. I don't see any point in shaving, especially not with the growth rate of my hair. At least epilating makes my body hair somewhat bearable even though I can't maintain smoothness due to how fast my hair grows.
>>
I'm just a cheep-ass guy that uses cheep-ass disposable razors that I buy in bulk. Killed my crotch first time I tried using a normal razor down there, but after about a month, it wasn't so bad.
>>
>>8223199
this is propaganda spread by feminists to make you think they pay 50% more for the same thing
they don't
there's a reason women's razors are expensive and it's not because they have the same skin as men on average
>>
>>8219916
I subscribed to one of those mail order shave places. I got their best one and it does pretty good, especially when its a new cartridge.
My shaving cream is this stuff called Kiss my Face Moisture shave. It smells like fruit and is crazy slick. Im thinking of trying this nutrogena shaving cream I used once that worked just as good if not better.
I get razor bumps really easy (problems of being black) but Ive managed to mitigate it fairly well.
The cartridges are $9 a month and you get like 4 in a package. At first i couldn't understand why they sent me that many in a month then I realized you shouldn't use each cartridge too many times otherwise it fucks up my face.
Shaving cream was like $5 dollars on amazon but the price might have changed since It usually doesn't take that much to shave with I haven't bought another bottle in almost a year.

>>8220619
>Shave balls wet and very carefully

I wish I had the courage to shave down there. I dislike my genitals but I hate the hair there even more. The only reason I dont shave it is because Im scared to death of cutting major arteries or something. Its probably silly but Im still scared.
>>
>>8223624
I've used both but never noticed much of a difference.
I have weird body hair though, it's all really really soft, but extremely dense lol
Only hair of mine that razors have a hard time getting through is my moustache. I've plucked it once before but it's really time consuming. Those at-home IPL/laser machines don't seem to have enough energy to make it to facial hair roots that deep either.
>>
>>8219916
I found the 2015 one there and the chill version for $1 at Walmart the other day.
The chill makes a difference, sometimes i still get burn in some sensitive areas.

I have English/french genes and my hair is middle thickess, mtf
>>
>>8223300
I epilate too, how long for you to have the red sots disappear? It's like a few days for me. Also I had a few ingrown hairs the first time I did my thighs and the red spots arnt gone after a few months even with daily exfoliating. Halp
>>
What's the best epilator? My hair isn't that thick but its very dark. Do I need to get a men's specific one? If not, what's the best in general?
>>
>>8228463
Braun you'll be fine with whatever you can afford silk epi7/9 get the 9 if you can as it has a wider head for more hairs/pass
>>
>>8228463
I use the emjoi emagine 72-tweezer one. I've loved It, but some people say it just doesn't work for them.
There's no difference between mens/women's ones, it's just a marketing gimmick.
>>
>>8228638
>emjoi emagine
Dear god that even sounds like a meme.
>>
>>8231839
lol it's a pretty good epilator though. I've had it for like 5 years now probably and it still works just fine.
>>
>>8219916
Electric razors
Shave Balls and penis very carefully
Yes I have injured myself before
>>
>all these people suggesting woman's razors
As expected of /lgbt/.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.