[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laws inhibiting or prohibiting citizens of the United States

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Laws inhibiting or prohibiting citizens of the United States from changing the gender marker on their birth certificate are unconstitutional.

Under the First Amendment, the government is not allowed to compel one to speak what they disagree with or believe to be untrue, and it follows that if one wishes to amend the gender marker on their birth certificate they necessarily disagree with the marker as currently or previously listed.

Furthermore there is no positive law definition of gender under the U.S. Constitution. Appeals to natural law and the notion of an innate state of being a given gender are wholly inapplicable under the Constitution. Unless a legal precedent can be found that elevates gender as assigned above the First Amendment, there's no plausible legal defense that can be raised.

This lawsuit is ironclad and currently making rounds in the federal circuit. Expect any laws limiting consenting citizens from amending their birth certificates to be struck in the next three to five years and for all the bathroom bills across the country to follow.
>>
>>8200319
Doubt it, maybe for right leaning states, but trump has always been giving more choice to the states than forcing authoritarian laws like this.
>>
>>8200319
dank
>>
>>8200319

Which federal court? Is the federal government or a state the defendant of the suit?

>>8201811

The courts don't work the way Congress does.
>>
>>8201858
whatever this whole post is just bait. I still don;t think this will happen and even if it does my legal documents will be done by then.
>>
>>8201892

>I still don;t think this will happen and even if it does my legal documents will be done by then.

Then I think the suit wasn't meant to help you to begin with. If you can get it done now, that means you don't live in one of the four states that don't allow changing birth certificates at all.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.