[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rupaul's Drag Race Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: drag queens.jpg (317KB, 1280x1573px) Image search: [Google]
drag queens.jpg
317KB, 1280x1573px
Snatch Game is on tonight.

In any case I just learned about the true history of drag queens. It all started in ancient times with Bacha Bazi in central Asia. Older men would groom underage boys to dress up as girls and have them dance around and sing for them before molesting them at night. The boys were traded among the older men like trophies until they got too old, than they either became groomers or warlords like the older men or they were killed or set free if they were lucky.

Rupaul & the upper echelon of the drag community are pimps who grooms drag queens to do their bidding. Rupaul and the company who creates her show profits off of all of the dragqueens who appear on it. They all sign contracts allowing Rupaul to earn a certain percentage of everything they make for life if they appear on the show. Many drag queens live double lives as hookers or drug dealers and are involved in the same things that Bacha Bazi fuckbois are into. It's all truly disgusting when you think about it.
>>
>>8190815

Many older dragqueens also take in young boys from the street (while fucking them) and teach them to do drag. The whole "that's my dragmom" is just another way to say that's the old dude who use to fuck me in my ass and helped me become the dragqueen I am today.
>>
>>8190815
drag queens and everything about them is disgusting
>>
anyone have a working link to episode 6?
>>
BITCH WHERE'S THE LINK
>>
This snatch game was shit. SHIT.
>>
it was on last night. and you sound heavily sheltered.
>>
>>8198997
Shea was probably my favorite just for that cricket phone joke, and he was only decent, really.

Farrah and Peppermint were both boring as fuck, and Miss Cucu was just complete nonsense.

Peppermint's goofy dancing was the highlight of the whole crappy episode for me.
>>
File: Lucille.gif (486KB, 238x155px) Image search: [Google]
Lucille.gif
486KB, 238x155px
>>8198997
>>8199243
>Aja playing the 2nd Alyssa. Poorly.
>Negative Nina playing Literally Who:The Drag Queen
Terrible idea

>Shea Coulée playing Naomi Campbell
Naomi Campbell has no personality

>Another Liza Minelli
Oh just fuck off with these tired references.

Worst Snatch Game ever desu.
Who would you play? Pic related would be mine.
>>
File: Divine.jpg (60KB, 748x457px) Image search: [Google]
Divine.jpg
60KB, 748x457px
>>8202158
Problem is, you can't play characters because they are licensed or what-the-fuck-ever. You can only play celebrities.
But you might be able to fudge around that by playing the celebrity as their most famous character.. but that usually bites people in the ass (re: Courtney playing Fran Drescher as Fran Fine/the Nanny and getting ZERO screen-time).
And the show might just straight-up tell you you can't do it and force you to do someone else, which is something you hear about having happened pretty much every season.

That's part of the reason you get the same "tired references" over and over.. they're easier to impersonate because they are well-known.. and the whole point is to make Ru laugh and the bitch is old and tired so you do what he likes.

I've thought about it.. but I honestly can't think of a single damn female (or overly fem male) celebrity that I know enough about to pull of a witty funny impersonation of.

Maybe Divine?
>>
>>8202158
This was the first year someone did Liza. It's why Ru was so excited in the werk room-- classic divas go forgotten on SG typically. Still no Streisand, Judy or Midler etc.
>>
The idea of al older man dressing up as tramp and acting like a smug, loud, snarky, sarcastic "i've seen it all" tough as nails bitch is old.

It's really fucking old, and it has been common all over the world, in cultures that are vastly different, with no ties to each other, it's almost a recurring figure that spontaneously pops up as an "accessory" of an otherwise standard society with normal gender roles as you'd expect.

Sometimes these individuals are prostitutes, sometimes they're surrogate maternal figures, sometimes a mix of both, the idea of a "drag queen" is probably as old as human society itself, they just change their aestetics and traditional habits/roles.
>>
>>8190836
That's false, it does happen but a drag, gay or trans mother or father can be younger than you. It just means a mentor.
>>
>>8202342
Maybe friends of the show are fair game? Last season Amy Sedaris was on and they did a Jerri Blank challenge so that could be the gray area.
>>
File: large.gif (601KB, 284x215px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
601KB, 284x215px
>>8190815
>the true history of drag queens
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.