[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whenever I look in the mirror I look okay but if I take a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1493015301450.png (28KB, 244x273px) Image search: [Google]
1493015301450.png
28KB, 244x273px
So whenever I look in the mirror I look okay but if I take a picture I look like shit. Which one is right the mirror or the picture?
>>
Pictures are way more distorted due to the lens, angle, camera quality, lighting, etc. etc. I'm sure a photography expert can explain further but cameras distort everything
>>
>>8166101
The mirror. A camera doesn't have proper depth perception. I'm already ugly but the camera makes my hairline look like it is at the very top of my head and my face look that much rounder.
>>
Some people will say that the real you is the photo since in the mirror your sides are inverted, but at the same time pictures change your face completely because of lens and angles.

I'd personally say mirrors are as real as you can get.
>>
>>8166110
>>8166117
>>8166120
>mfw I finally realize why I never get misgendered, despite looking like shit in pictures
>>
How you see yourself in the mirror is how other people see you. You look odd to yourself in pictures because you're used to seeing a mirrored version of your face!!
>>
There's a reason why professional photographers exist.
>>
>>8166327
What do they do that amateurs don't?
>>
File: allsmall.jpg (297KB, 1628x532px) Image search: [Google]
allsmall.jpg
297KB, 1628x532px
>>8166101
When you want normal portrait photo do it from 2m - as minimum! Just keep camera away from you.
>>
>>8166331
They know which lens and angles to use for one, they also always take multiple exposures from multiple slightly different angles and know how to balance the lighting across their field of view to get a good result

Also consider that when you're looking at yourself in the mirror you're seeing yourself in motion, which is obviously going to look more natural
>>
>>8166101
Read a book about photography.
Lighting is incredibly important.
Also focal length and length of exposure.
Camera phones have a bunch of presets that try to make good photographs but they can't deal with every situation effectively.
>>
wtf I thought I was the only one
>>
>>8166101
>Which one is right the mirror or the picture?
It's always the ugly one.
>>
File: funhouse-mirror-2016-web.png (963KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
funhouse-mirror-2016-web.png
963KB, 593x900px
>>8166101
>Which one is right the mirror or the picture?

What is important is how you see yourself inside your imagination.
Just tell yourself you are beautiful and you will feel beautiful.
Stop caring what other people think.
>>
>>8166110
>>8166117
>>8166120
Thanks for brightening up my day, I look like a cave troll in pictures, it seems to exaggerate how horrible my skin and hair is.
Mirror I just look normal.
>>
File: 1481832648248.jpg (173KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1481832648248.jpg
173KB, 601x665px
The thing about photographs is they'll show you in angles you can't see from a mirror, these are completely alien and look weird to you.
It's true that pictures distort reality, but ask yourself this: How many times have you taken a picture of a friend and reacted to how fucking weird they look in the pic?
No, you don't, they look completely like normal to you.
So while cameras may lie somewhat, don't kid yourself thinking it's not a very accurate representation of reality.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.