[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does identifying as a woman make you a woman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

File: 1490792080748.png (11KB, 401x463px) Image search: [Google]
1490792080748.png
11KB, 401x463px
Why does identifying as a woman make you a woman?
>>
>>8156067
IDK
>>
File: IMG_0421.jpg (20KB, 235x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0421.jpg
20KB, 235x302px
>>8156067
It doesn't they need Jesus
>>
>>8156067
Eat shit, cunt.
>>
>>8156165
Thats not an answer to my question
>>
File: anna.jpg (390KB, 1527x1594px) Image search: [Google]
anna.jpg
390KB, 1527x1594px
>>8156067
i guess the part you don't understand is that people who identify as women have female brains.
they are women inside, regardless of what form their bodies take.
>>
>>8156178
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Brains have genders now?

Can brains have SRS?
>>
>>8156178
Whatever fits your (((agenda)))
>>
>>8156176
Yes it is, not one you were looking for but it is.
>>
File: lolwut_by_heikky-db4bf9b.png.jpg (20KB, 254x350px) Image search: [Google]
lolwut_by_heikky-db4bf9b.png.jpg
20KB, 254x350px
>>
>>8156161
Fuck Jesus, he's a fag anyway.
>>
File: andy-dick.jpg (775KB, 2001x3000px) Image search: [Google]
andy-dick.jpg
775KB, 2001x3000px
>>8156189
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience_of_sex_differences#Estrogen_and_the_female_brain

educate yourself
>>
>>8156237
>taking estrogen to warp your brain makes you a women

Really activates those almonds
>>
I would identify as a genderless blob but people kept asking me if I was a male genderless blob or a female genderless blob so now I've given up on labels and tell people I Just Am.
>>
>>8156237

Lobotomize yourself
>>
Are you a male attack helicopter or a female attack helicopter?
>>
>>8156249
it happens in the womb, before they are born, shitlord

read a book
>>
>>8156260
Did you just assume my aircraft?
>>
I mean, it makes you less of a man
>>
>>8156161
>reading the Bible in English
>>
because feels > reals
>>
>>8156470
Yes, this. It's like you'll have a woman who's obviously a fucking woman in looks, thinking, behavior and all, but you're gonna define her as a man because she was born with a peen?
How the fuck does this person fit in with the male group? They don't.
>>
>>8156067
Because what a single person decides for themselves about themselves is more important than every single religious liar that has ever existed.
>>
Oh wow I was actually thinking about this yesterday.

My question to you is: what is a table?
For real I can't figure it out. I can't find a decent, catch all term for every table. Does it have four legs? Then what about those tables with like one leg in the middle? What about the tables at that fancy restaurant I went to where they were mounted to the wall with no legs? Does it need to be a flat surface? Is that old table in my shed that's become bowed no longer a table cos it's wonky? Does it need to be used for a specific purpose like eating at or working on? So would a table that /isn't/ used still be a table of it has no purpose? What if I eat off a flat, four legged chair, is that chair a table? Is a desk a table?

Like, there is no one idea represented by 'table'. It's a range, and you kinda get a feel for the sorta things that the word 'table' applies to as you speak and hear others use it. It's the same with 'woman'. You can argue about the definition of woman for years and still get nowhere cos everyone has a different definition. Everyone gets a different feel for what the word woman means.

So yeah, if a guy came up to me and said "a TABLE is for eating, a DESK is for working, and mixing the two is an abomination against carpentry", I'd be like, "oh ok, but that's just like your opinion, man".
If someone tells me they're a woman, they're a woman. If someone tells me they're a man, they're a man. If someone tells me they don't like my opinion, they don't like my opinion. Literally simple as that.
>>
>>8159651
>perception is more important than reality or biological fact.
>>
>>8159647
>mtf
>looks like a woman
KEKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
Does it matter?

Why does anything matter
>>
>>8160501
But what if the definition of woman is just someone who has a vagina. it would almsot seem like women are easier to define than tables
>>
>>8160678
but lots of women are born with birth defects and have weird looking genitals that aren't vaginas or penises.
Also trans women can have vaginas by getting SRS
>>
>>8160678
>>8160694
Yeah that's what I'm saying.
Vagina? Some have accidents or defects
Boobs? Cancer, or just really not growing any
Long hair? Nigga is this the 1800s
High voice? My mum smokes and her voice is deeper than mine
XX chromosomes? Again, a lot of people can have genetic defects that give them stuff like XXY and they go their whole lives not knowing.

There is no one factor on it's own that makes someone a woman, or a man for that matter. It's a mix of all of them, really.
>>
>>8160566
Biological fact is meaningless to those who are unaware of this. Freaking out about "b-but she's biologically male!!!" is like saying "this isn't a computer, it's a pile of silicon switches and wires" or "this isn't a book, it's a collection of pages marked with symbols which when arranged into a sequence convey information to someone who understand them". It's getting so lost in low-level detail that you can't see the forest for the trees.
>>
>>8156067
nothing makes you a woman, no destinction you make is not arbitrary since biology only endows women with something aproximating a gender and sex on the basis of its success as a genetic trait. It is subject to mutation so the real question is with these mutations being prevelant, why are some allowed to still be considered women and not others?
>>
>>8160501
This is actually a pretty fundamental problem of semiotics;

To generalise it a little, you seem to be referring to an inability to concretely define a given set of objects.

Now approaching this as a mathematician we would simply say that either: it is a well defined set (in which case there is no qualm) OR it is an I'll defined set, which isn't a set at all. Most colloquial objects will fall into the latter (tables, etc.).

If we instead consider the semiotics perspective however this latter case can quite easily be reconciled via pragmatics; a table is whatever the interlocutors believe a table is, I.e. their internal model of a table (be it rigorously defined or not). If these models agree to a great enough degree then the word 'table' can be described as the symbol referring to the interlocutors model of a table with no loss of communicative ability.

Want to know the slightly less comforting side? The former case of rigorously defined sets NEVER occurs in language. Even in mathematics one relies on a consistency of logic which (as gödel will tell you) cannot be internally verified.
>>
>>8160865
>>8160694
The last three things u list are totally....wait chromosems lel.

Anyway i think people will say someone is a woman if they would, under otherwise normal circumstances, have breasts and a vagina. I guess thats why chromosomes are a valued. Yea your vagina might not FUNCTION but you have a vagina and not a penis. Yea maybe you got your tits cut off for medical reasons, but you had tits. you're body was capable of growing those two body parts naturally. hence, a woman.
>>
Because our culture has made that acceptable and it doesn't do anything detrimental enough to anyone for it to be a problem.
>>
>>8160896
Thats hardly a proper comparison.
>>
File: Jeb!.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jeb!.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>8160566
>the concept of self
>biological fact
Go away simpleton.
>>
>>8161260
Biology > muh self identity
>>
>>8161193
Not really, being obsessed with someone's biology is idiotic unless it's actually relevant to the current situation.
>>
>>8161276
Why though? The definition of biology does not include "important in all situations". Why should we focus on biology when it is not directly relevant to the situation?
>>
>>8161286
socially being a female does not make you a real female.

If you want others to call you a female thats fine.

Don't expect everyone to pander to your identity.
>>
>>8161315
imo no lesbians are women, invalidating most tranus
>>
>>8161315
>socially being a female does not make you a real female.
"Real female" is a meaningless concept unless you define it first.

>Don't expect everyone to pander to your identity.
I expect people not to make idiots of themselves in public. If you want to choose that as your hill to die on, sure, go right ahead, but keep in mind it just makes you look like a triggered idiot.
>>
>>8161326
The genders of other people is not determined by your opinion.
>>
>>8161333
If you are born a male and have male chromosomes and a penis you are biologically a male.

Using HRT and SRS does not make you a biological female
>>
>>8161344
And what is the MEANING and SIGNIFICANCE of that? Why should one being "biologically a male" be considered a relevant fact?
>>
File: nicolethonk.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
nicolethonk.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>8161417
>why should facts be considered relevant
>>
>>8161344
clearly closet tyranos who's mirroring his dads angered words... Buy a skirt, chill out,
Its people like you are the ones who cause a fuss over the bullshit pronoun thing.
Assholes care if you don't call them XE. Assholes call out and pick up on people who are clearly transitioning.
>>
>>8161417
I love these neanderthal cretins. They think they're just 'telling facts', conveniently forgetting that their love of 'facts' is conveniently ignored at almost everything else.

"Hey, you! Yah you! I know you can see me, but you can't BIOLOGICALLY see me, you glasses-wearing freak!"

"Hey, cripplehead! Oh, I know you just broke your leg, but you can't BIOLOGICALLY walk without a crutch, you crippled fuck!"

"The sky isn't actually blue, that's just the water vapor reflecting at a vibrational frequency that seems to our eyes to be the color our brains have assigned as blue! BUT THE SKY ISN'T BLUE, YOU IGNORANT FACT-IGNORING FOOL!"

At least we know we'll always need the short bus for these special individuals. Fortunately, selective breeding keeps their numbers to a minimum.
>>
>>8161344
Is it the same guy who comes to /lgbt/ to say this.

EVERYONE here knows that trannies are biologically their birth sex. But what trannies want is to look and dress and live their lives AS IF they were the other sex, which is possible if you have the right genetics + HRT.

Is this so hard to understand
>>
>>8161509
Those are all semantics.

Biological sex is not semantic
>>
>>8161539
>But what trannies want is to look and dress and live their lives AS IF they were the other sex

Thats fine.

However I am an autists and I would like to refer to you by your biological sex as I do with the other 98% of the population.

Please respect that.
>>
>>8161547
Alright then. That might not be socially acceptable where you live and I hope you are willing to suffer the possible consequences of that. Why did you even make this thread?
>>
>>8161577
>I hope you are willing to suffer the possible consequences of that

Getting called out by SJW millennials is hardly a consequence
>>
>>8161577
Also I am not even OP
>>
>>8161456
Facts are only relevant in the context to a scenario, they are not relevant "by themselves", because they need something to be relevant TO.
>>
>>8161315

you're a fundamentalist, then

maybe you should stop using computers and go find something to kneel to (or some people to kneel to you, but that is much harder)
>>
>>8161645
There is nothing wrong with being a fundmentalists you stupid tranny

>>8161629
Facts are objective truths.
>>
>>8161657
>Facts are objective truths.
And objective truth does not mean it's relevant. It's only relevant in specific contexts.
>>
>>8161900
>I identify as a female
>I am biologically male

HURR DURR you have to call me a female because of my feelings
>>
>>8160603
What did it mean by this?
>>
>>8159647
They are still biologically a male.
>>
>>8161909
Because we call people by what they are socially, not what they are biologically. If you actually examine your thought process, you'll realize that precisely zero information on someone's genitals or chromosomes is involved in determining whether to call them he or she.

>>8161940
Biology really doesn't matter unless you're their doctor.
>>
I think, therefore, I am
>>
>>8160959
or you can just use dialectics and there is no issue at all
>>
When the fuck have any of you seen a strangers vagina walking down the street or even had any means at all to see what someone's chromosomes are?

Like really if you have that'd be pretty interesting please share
>>
>>8156067
because gender is a spook
>>
File: 1492269007341.png (220KB, 428x408px) Image search: [Google]
1492269007341.png
220KB, 428x408px
>>8156067
Why does being OP make you a faggot?
>>
>>8156478
Not that anon but I can only read English German and some Spanish, and I'm not even Christian but if I find a Latin or Greek Bible that's a snap purchase no regerts
>>
>>8164696
Anon I'm sure you can get Latin and maybe Greek bibles for free.
>>
>>8161542
A person's pronouns are semantic.
>>
>>8161547
There rest of the population is cis so the problem doesn't sussist, calling people because of chromosomes is just stupid, you would call a person female or male just because passes as it, it's automatical, our words refer to appereance because our eyes just see that, we don't see chromosomes, but appeareance, by that we give pronouns, no one ever based it on cromosomes.
>>
File: unRfxyUU.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
unRfxyUU.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
>>8161909
Feelings are an hard-wired reality in the brain, and therefore, a fact.
Sorry to burst your bubble of """facts""" but reality is kinda really more complicate than what it seems to you, and also different to what ""SJWs"" see it, it's harsh, and it's not sided with anyone.
>>
>>8156067
I'm a chirstian woman with a penis who hates transgenders who don't accept their born body, you all will burn in hell.
>>
>>8161547
No fucking autist I won't. If I say I'm Gregory and you say no you're Allan no Greg looks like that forgive me I'm autistic I'm gonna call you a sperg asshole using your condition for your fee fees.
>>
>>8165159

Gender is semantic.
>>
>>8161456
this is called essential thinking. it's common among the stupid. you basically imagine that things have some kind of essence that make them that thing. rather than define them by some set of criteria, you simply attribute an essence to it which makes it that way (e.g. God did it). This has some really fascinating effects ex. "healthy food" like orange juice which isn't healthy at all. it's just sugar water. but because it has the "essence" of oranges, which are fairly healthy to eat, people attribute healthiness to orange juice.

When you argue that being born with a penis makes you male, you're not really using penis as your criterion. you're just attributing male essence to a certain group of people.

you then get uncomfortable if they don't act according to their essence. a gay man defies what a man is, and is attracted to men. you hate this. a mtf trans defies what a man is, and renounces their maleness and male essence. you hate this.
>>
>>8166934
Tl;Dr I'm a cuck
>>
>>8161657
>>8161456

>Facts are objective truths.

Have you ever taken a college science class? Even further, are you in high school yet? Because you learn in week 1 of virtually any high school science classes that there are no objective truths, everything requires context and is subject to change once more information is present. You learn this before you learn the scientific method.

Making assumptions of "facts" applying to certain scenarios based on your own limited understanding of the "facts" is bad science. There are no objective truths, just networks of information used to understand things more that can be scrutinized and cross referenced.

I know you think you're a logical beacon of intelligence who can handle REAL FACTS unlike the SJWs, but you look stupid.

Why can't you alt right types MUH FACTS types take an into bio class or something?
>>
>>8156067

0.1% to 0.2% of humans are intersex. The other 99.8% to 99.9% of humans are either male or female.

You might be a femme guy, or a masculine woman, but still a guy or woman.

Your self-definition is irrelevant.
>>
>>8165119
I don't want a modern Bible
>>
>>8167702
this

Generation X fucked up their children by telling them they can be anything they want
>>
>>8167702
For something irrelevant it has lead to a lot of happiness and success
>>
Because we live in a society where feels are more important than facts
>>
File: 1489991085806.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489991085806.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>8159647
>Yes, this. It's like you'll have a woman who's obviously a fucking woman in looks, thinking, behavior and all, but you're gonna define her as a man because she was born with a peen?
>woman in looks, thinking, behavior and al
Keekkk
>>
>>8160896
dude ,even how much a male can try to be a female he can't be ,there are many different that is gonna difference him from a normal girl/woman from the education that he has from the all the years befaving and be Seen by other as a male to the home and school education even the walk females and males have a different walk and that's not something that you can change that is in the bone structure of the individual and so on ..
>>
I think you people are just watching too many cartoons.
>>
It depends though what mean by woman.

Classical idea of woman that crosses culture is someone with vagina, breast etc.

However, in some cultures, including our own, some guys with penis want to be women. They are given various names, which are known as "third genders". In the West, why not just call them "women"? if thats what makes them happy? You can even give them hormones and surgery to look like women (results can definitely vary but whatever).

They aren't the same as cis women obviously and I definitely oppose it if anyone tries to say "oh cis and trans women are the same thing!" (nope). But its just a word and it makes them happy, then why not call them "women". I don't know.
>>
>>8170739
woman and female implies cis
until that changes, the world will not use those terms, like it or not
>>
>>8170843

The world is changing.

Personally I am not trans at all, nor do I consider trans women to be the same as cis women. But I do want to take care of their feeligns especially since many are in a kinda fragile place. Its not worth it to me to try to hurt them so badly if its all over a word. No point.
>>
>>8170843
"transwoman"

you are wrong.
>>
>>8156237
>>8156279
Having a more female-like brain doesn't change your chromosomes, idiot.
>>
>>8164673
your mom got spooked by me pretty hard for sure
>>
>>8162955
>Because we call people by what they are socially, not what they are biologically.
Are you so sure about that? Really depends on the context. I'm pretty sure there are a number of situations in life when people will care about your biological sex, and not your social. (Hospital, marriage etc.)
>>
>>8167677
>scientific truth
>not objecticve
kys sjw
>>
It doesn't they just want you to because these people are fucking retarded. Enabling them does not work. They will always have a Y chromosome and will never be able to produce life so eventually they realize this and the kill them selves. These people need therapy
>>
It doesn't they just want you to because these people are fucking retarded. Enabling them does not work. They will always have a Y chromosome and will never be able to produce life so eventually they realize this and the kill them selves. These people need therapy
>>
>>8170390
I was bullied as a child for running like a girl
>>
>>8170893
I know transwomen with xx chromosomes you pathetic bunch of pseudo intellectuals fuck bag.

Oh what now fuck heads? You claim transwoman with xx chromosomes are cis female.
>>
>>8170969
No you need education, trans people have therapy its normally the first step you utter waste of oxygen how are you dickheads still this retarded how many times are you morons corrected?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.