[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are feelings more important than facts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: brucejenner.jpg (49KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
brucejenner.jpg
49KB, 615x409px
Are feelings more important than facts?
>>
>>8150910
Yes.
t. the "LGBT community"
>>
>>8150910
Go back to where you came from, poltard.
>>
no, thinking they are is retarded
>>
>>8150910
Eveeything is a feeling
>>
>>8150970
*tipsfedora*
>>
>>8150910
This is such a stupid question,

Feelings are only useful for deciding goals
Facts are only useful for figuring out how to achieve those goals

If we're talking about what's true then of course facts are more important. However, mindless application of facts is just as bad as prioritising feelings. Saying having a penis makes you male is not a fact. It's an opinion, the definition of male or female is not a fact, it's an artificial definition created by humans that's completely subjective to the race and therefore should be modified as a new ideas come along.

Density of water at certain temperature and pressure = fact

Definition of something = purely subjective opinion.
>>
>>8151027
>chromosomes are subjective
>>
>>8151041
Eh. They're not, but they're a lot more complex than "it makes you male or female", and frankly even then there's cases where the body will defy whatever chromosomes they have and go the opposite route. That being said, that still doesn't tie into actual gender, which is another convoluted shit show.
>>
>>8151041
Saying someone has xx chromosomes or xy chromosomes is a fact

Saying whether having a xy chromosome makes you socially male or female is an opinion

How fucking hard can this get? This is basic critical thinking.
>>
>>8151104
>basic critical thinking

I mean, that's just an unfair expectation to put on a troll.
>>
>>8151104
>socially male or female

No such thing
>>
>>8151143
Whether it exists or not is an opinion :^)

and blankly stating that you disagree with it won't change anyone's mind.

try harder bud
>>
>>8151166
Social sciences are not real science bud
>>
>>8151172
...I mean, that's just blatantly untrue.
It's the basis for lots of industries, even.
>>
>>8151192
I'm not saying they are useless I am just saying they don't follow the scientific method and are therefore not a real science
>>
File: IMG_1393.jpg (40KB, 604x403px)
IMG_1393.jpg
40KB, 604x403px
>>8151363
Biologically it will always remain an XY sadly, however the identity of an individual may change. For example I'm transgender but I was born as male and cant change that. I identify as female in contrast to my biological gender and wish to present myself as female socially. Depending upon how passable you are/success with transition being a female in society is possible. But thats just like my opinion, man.
>>
>>8151393
Sure I agree with that and in person I have no problem calling you a female if you would like me to do so since it is the polite and respectful thing to do.

However would you consider it transphobic for me to think in my head "thats still technically a dude"
>>
>>8151192
>...I mean, that's just blatantly untrue.
[citation needed]
>>
>>8150910
sex is a phenotype
move on
>>
>>8151423
its genetics mate
>>
>>8151363
But...again, they do.
In fact, they kinda have to or they don't work, what with that whole pesky "social" part. In fact, a lot of non-social sciences are based on figuring out social science.
It's why we study how diseases can affect the mind, it's why we have statistics, and calculate probability and study the psychology of interacting with those around us.
Humans are social creatures who perceive reality in their own way, and therefore need socially agreed symbols in order to communicate.
So yeah, it's definitely up there as a thing.
Where are you getting this?
>>
>>8151409
Nah. As long as your willing to respect my choice to live that way its more than enough for me.
>>
>>8151409
No one can control what you think, anon. Nor should they. Your opinions are yours whether you think they're based on science or just the way you intrinsically feel about trans people, specifically trans women (it's always trans women because no one wrings their hands this much about trans men). But if you said it out loud about a trans woman, I'd think you were kind-of a dick and incorrect.
>>
My feelings > facts > other peoples feelings
>>
>>8150910
Yes.

Faggots are fucking disgusting. Especially trannies!

Humanity needs something to rally and band together against!

But that is the most important feeling AND it is also a FACT!

Other important feelings include absolutely amazing dose of tears produced in the wake of glorious Omar's high score. You wouldn't have something so profound and fascinating without such an amazing feat.

But all the righteous feeling around AN OLYMPIAN are seriously fucking important too, okay? That's why we should have publicly killed lots of transfags, sending a profound message, so that this kind of thing could never have infected someone so significant! It's like something else also completely happening to Elvis! "Someone should have come up behind elvis when he was in his 30s and boom! That way, we could remember Elvis in a nice way!"
>>
>>8150910
More importantly... is Bruce shellshocked or something. Middle age tranny... really? Is it all a ruse?
>>
>>8151027
Sex and gender do not vary independently.
>>
This is a shitty question. It depends entirely on the individual's system of values. There is no correct answer. OP is a faggot and bamboozled everyanon.
>>
>>8152687
>implying feelings can ever be more important in a situation than the facts

nigger explain yourself
>>
>>8152732
Religion is a good example of that.
>>
File: BULM4145.jpg (358KB, 1200x630px)
BULM4145.jpg
358KB, 1200x630px
/pol/ you are the definition of MUH FEELINGS, you shouldnt be pushing for a rational society because that means racism is gone, white supremacy is gone, the only shit that matters is ability and usefulness.

And considering many white supremacists and racists are utter failures compared to skilled people who use muh feelings to feel better about their sad selves through /pol/tard beliefs you will be killed in that world for being a danger to others since you are far too emotional ;^)

Plus no religions
>>
>>8150910
>more important
In what context?

>>8151041
Chromosomes are objective, but a largely useless way of defining gender/sex.
>>
>>8152741
*tipsfedora*
>>
>>8152772
>chromosomes are useless in defining sex

Thats like saying atoms are useless in defining matter
>>
>>8152788
Hey, I ain't knocking it, but you gotta admit believing a lot of the shit in the books requires a suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>8151409
>However would you consider it transphobic for me to think in my head "thats still technically a dude"
Eh. It's racist for me to generally be on edge around Muslims on public transit, but that's a far cry from me acting on it and calling him a sand nigger or something.

Like, in a perfect world it wouldn't be something in the back of your head. But it doesn't matter. So long as you can respect a trans person enough not to actively hurt them by refusing to gender them properly. The transphobia people should worry about it the people who want to harm and hurt trans people. I don't believe in thought crimes, because I think everyone is a shitty person in their head and anyone who claims otherwise is a scummy liar.

Look at the /pol/tards who come here and constantly makes threads and posts telling trans girls they're biologically male and always will be. Like, no shit we all know that. None of us think we're changing our DNA. We're just trying to make ourselves look and sound close enough to the person we want to be, and hoping society has the decency to accept it. If I look like a girl, the fact that I have a dick shouldn't be a problem to the cashier at Walmart. That's my business. And if it gets out at work or something, it should be respected that it stays my business.
>>
>>8151041
Not all sex characteristics are linked to sex chromosomes and if you judge someone based on their chromosomes you might be Hitler
>>
>>8152888
>have the same opinions as me or else you are LITERALLY HITLER
>>
>>8150910
No.
Feelings are spooks
>>
>>8152954
Except sex characteristics are not an opinion. Nice meme.
>>
The correct power rankings are:
My Feelings > Facts >>>>>>>> Everyone else's feelings.
That's why fucking traps is always gay.
Unless I do it, in which case it's straight and everyone else is a faggot.

Basically, you're all fags unless I decide to fag it up and then you're all stupid and straight.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.