[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there really more than 2 genders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: edgy.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
my thinking is that there's male, female, and then there's gender identities like traps, agender, bigender, etc.
>>
People think that gender is like, a singular thing, when it's more of a range. Like 0 is female, 1 is male, but most people are a decimal of some sort. So your gender and your expression aren't the same.

Binaries are how we get stuff like Tumblr.
>>
>>8129396
There are those two but between the two extreme ends of every dichotomy is a spectrum of finer dichotomies, each their own extreme
>>
>>8129419
But in the end we always classify someone as leaning toward one or the other, and that's enough to gender them. So a feminine man might be a woman relative to a masculine man, but if you remove the masculine man from the equation, and if you've ever seen a real woman, then he's a man.
>>
>>8129436

No, you're misunderstanding. How you express yourself does not equal gender.

There's a lot of gender expressions, and they do related to the two binary genders, but expression and gender aren't the same
>>
>>8129396
There are two biological sexes a person can have, male or female. Intersex is not a seperate sex, it's just being somewhere in between.

There are two gender identities a person can have, man or woman. Gender identity is not just feeling feminine or masculine, it's a deep rooted sense of self and of how your body should be. It's not something decided by culture or society, it's just how your brain is. When someone's gender identity doesn't match their biological sex, they are transgender.

There's also a social spectrum from masculine to feminine. This refers to what you wear, what you say, what you like, etc. This spectrum is not tightly related to gender, being feminine does not necessarily mean that you are a women, for example. It's just that it happens to be that most men are masculine and most women are feminine. The masculine/feminine spectrum, unlike the man/woman and male/female binaries, is heavily based on culture and society rather than biology. Currently masculine clothes, mannerisms, and interests were not always masculine nor will they always be masculine, for example. However, biology still plays some role in deciding what is masculine or feminine and what isn't.
>>
>>8129436
This is why I like very masculine hairiy mens. I look super cute compared to them. I also avoid any group photos with cis women.
>>
>>8129396
just 2 of them!!!
I'm mtf, in my opinion, non-binary it's bullshit, this people just make an attitude to trans community worse
>>
>>8129492
Gender, as coined by French feminism and used by Gender studies, is actually point 3 of yours: a social construct and perception.
You may have a personal wish to take a particular place within that spectrum. ButI think claiming that it's "a deep rooted sense of self" is toxic essentialist bullshit. The way you present yourself to others does not inly change depending on who those others are (i.e. determined by society), it also changes a lot along your life (that much for deep rooted). That said, sure, there may be a million reasons why you would like to perform in a particular way, but "my brain is female" is not one of them.
>>
>>8129492
>>8131126
>ButI think claiming that it's "a deep rooted sense of self" is toxic essentialist bullshit.
S/he needs to invent "gender identity" on top of social role and presentation because otherwise trannies would need to admit Blanchardianism is true.
>>
>lets take people out of the constrictive binary boxes they get placed in
>and put them into more boxes
God damn Victorian mindset, thinking that categorising is the same as understanding.
>>
>>8131126
Yes, social constructs are why I absolutely hate the masculinity of my body despite every person I grew up around thinking the opposite. Thank you for enlightening me.
>>
>>8129396
>my thinking is that there's male, female
perfect
>and then there's gender identities like traps, agender, bigender, etc.
GENDER REFORMISTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
There are only two. Transsexuals are still one of the two. Non-binary genders are bullshit, and they take away the credibility from genuine trans people.
>>
Honestly, androgyny's been around for millennia, I don't really get why people are so dedicated to breaking it into bits and pieces and giving it labels. I'll shruggingly agree to three genders, but more than that just seems like you're making it way more complicated than it needs to be.

"Hi, I'm wearing this skirt, but I still identify as a dude", or "I don't know WHAT the fuck I am. Just call me 'they if you have to". Ok, cool. That's all I gotta know.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.