[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mtf hair regrowth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1486164957972.jpg (202KB, 811x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486164957972.jpg
202KB, 811x1000px
Hey ladies!
>mtf 22 here
One of my top concerns with transitioning is my hair line. It's receeded a fair bit at the temples, and has begun to thin out on the top too.

So I wanna ask all my mtfs who have unfortunate hairlines: Did the balding stop after starting hrt? Was there regrowth? How long and how great were the results?
I'm on cypro and Estrofem btw
>I appreciate all advice and pictures on this, as it is my main concern with transition. Thank you!
>>
if it's started already, it will not stop or reverse during hrt
your best bet is one of the two drugs your doctors offer for male pattern baldness or the shit you have to put on reliably twice a day
your a dude dude, you could've prevented it by becoming a eunuch before puberty but no
>>
>>8128636
>you could've prevented it by becoming a eunuch before puberty but no
not him but I tried and just ended up in the hospital a few times
>>
>>8128636
lol shittiest bait i've seen in years

>>8128568
Yes, it does stop hair loss. But regrowth depends on luck, really. Finasteride and/or minoxidil are known to help.
>>
>>8128696
I'm hoping since the current loss isn't extreme I will be one of the lucky ones and get good regrowth. Will ask my doc about finesteride.

Do you think a punk style look with the sides buzzed and the top long can look femme?
>>
>>8128568
I was starting to lose hair at 20, I transitioned at 22 and it all came back. My regimen was E, spiro and Finna for the majority of the first year. My hair was luxurious and beautiful after HRT even in the spots it had disappeared.

I had a browridge reduction surgery last week and my scalp was sown really tightly now I'm losing hair faster than ever and it's destroying my will to live. Can anyone relate to having their scalp sown extremely tightly? I know shock loss is a thing at the site but I'm losing it everywhere.
>>
>>8129004
>it all came back
How did this take? Can you do it without finasteride?
>>
>>8129069
Took 6 months or there about. I'd say you need the fin on spiro but not on cypro. That seems to be the general consensus.
>>
>>8129069
>>8129292
Should also mention that my recession was only about 1cm deep around the temples, so I hadn't lost much to begin with despite it being noticeable.
>>
File: 1483860978784.jpg (472KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483860978784.jpg
472KB, 1920x1200px
it could easily regrow at your age.it wont become better than your best before puberty but it will recover til it looks normal. hrt is magic. get on finestride too.
>>
Op here.
So far I've experienced all the changes of hrt a little bit, except the hair regrowth. It's frustrating. But I'll prolly start finesteride as well then.
Did anyone here use Rogaine with success?
>>
>>8128794
If you have a female skull shape, sure. But given that you're 22 you almost certainly don't, and short hair won't work without a feminine skull.
>>
>>8128568
Hairloss stopped on cypro and estradiol, got a bit of regrowth after starting finasteride, and am now getting a lot more regrowth after starting dutasteride. I only had very slight recession tho, I started hrt at 17, but was cursed with early hairloss(started receding at 15) due to my grandpas shitty genetics. My hairline recession isn't noticeable at all now and I've still got new tiny baby hairs showing up in the places that haven't grown back entirely yet.
>>
>>8128568
>Did the balding stop after starting hrt?
yes
>Was there regrowth?
yes
>How long and how great were the results?
moderate. regained hair-pattern of ~3 years prior but no better. much thicker hair growth throughout though
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.