[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with having to change your body?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: tmp_7125-1488770983131884287806.png (35KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7125-1488770983131884287806.png
35KB, 212x172px
I don't get it. Looks aren't important. If you act like a girl/boy, isn't that enough? why is it so important to have a dick or a vagina?
>>
>>8122372

Because you won't be treated as a male/female if you look the opposite.
>>
>Looks is not important
After surgery I'm treated completely different (better) and I act the same. What I learned from that is that looks is the most important asset in life.
>>
File: 1460327790143.jpg (34KB, 270x331px) Image search: [Google]
1460327790143.jpg
34KB, 270x331px
>>8122372
>Looks aren't important.
>>
>If you act like a girl/boy, isn't that enough?
If it's about acting a certain way, they're not trans

Being trans is about your physical features not matching your hardwired gender identity

Cis men can be highly feminine or highly masculine and they're still men, it doesn't matter how they act. Same with trans. It's 100% about the body
>>
>>8122409
>If it's about acting a certain way, they're not trans
HSTS BTFO >>8122379
>>
>>8122413
Why does everything have to be about blanchard
seek help
>>
>>8122413
People who entertain blanchard's categories of transsexuals as legitimate theory should be permanently banned from 4chan and be killed alongside their entire family
>>
>>8122409
But why do trans-people have to change their bodies? I mean, we all want to look a certain way, but i dont see why trans have it to such a degree that they have to have surgery.

>>8122379
This is a fair point, but i see it as more of a societal problem for everyone. Ugly people would probably like to change themselves but it's fairly unusual that they have surgery. And most of the time you can get a long way with clothes and makeup.

I just dont see why some trans-people seem to have more problems with their looks and especially genitalia than most people
>>
>>8122409
>Being trans is about your physical features not matching your hardwired gender identity
>It's 100% about the body
Then you won't mind wearing male clothes, keeping your male name, being legally male, getting sir'd, etc.
>>
>>8122485
>but i dont see why trans have it to such a degree that they have to have surgery.
If you think only trans people get surgery to change their looks you are mistaken (be it face or any part of the body). It's only more necessary as trans because it's a mental illnes which revolves enterely around that desire, but it doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.

>Ugly people would probably like to change themselves but it's fairly unusual that they have surgery.
Because the amount of money it costs outweights the mental well being they'd get out of it. They have healthy brains, they aren't ill. Most people who have so much money that surgery wouldn't cost anything do have procedures done to them, even if very subtle.

Most transpeople don't have the money to afford surgeries, but they force themselves to get that money somehow by sacrificing other things because the peace of mind they get out of it far outweights the costs paid.

This is less about vanity and more about not being healthy in the head. This is like asking by crazy people are crazy. The brain is weird and things can go wrong there.
>>
File: US-plastic-surgery-statis-001.jpg (210KB, 1000x955px) Image search: [Google]
US-plastic-surgery-statis-001.jpg
210KB, 1000x955px
>>8122485
>it's fairly unusual that they have surgery

not that unusual

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2011/jul/22/plastic-surgery-medicine

https://www.pacificheightsplasticsurgery.com/breast-implant-statistics/
>>
>>8122532
I figured this was the case, it being a Mental disorder. But if it is that, can't there be some way to help other than through surgery?

Its a sensative issue considering how gays and the like have been treated, but has therapy had a positive effect on trans-people?
>>
>>8122565
How big would the circumcision circle be if they didn't erase the procedure from their chart?
>>
>>8122651
i mean people say "mental disorder" to not have to actually explain it. im not diagnosed with transbrain, im "diagnosed" with gender dysphoria which is treated through hormone replacement therapy.
>>
>>8122515
I don't, really. BUT EVERY OTHER PERSON DO!
>wow your parents were cruel to give a male name to a girl
>why do you always wear boys clothes?
>sorry miss you can't get this package please tell "male name" to get it himself

Don't let me started on dealing with police...
>>
File: 1438446305602.png (263KB, 377x468px) Image search: [Google]
1438446305602.png
263KB, 377x468px
>>8122651
>can't there be some way to help other than through surgery?
Some trans who get surgery as a help to pass as a girl (rhinoplasty, boob job, etc) may actually pass without them and they would feel better just having more accepting families/friends who support them during the transition. Other's do need it though.

For genital dysphoria there's no other way than surgery though. I don't personally have genital dyshoria but I know that much.

>but has therapy had a positive effect on trans-people?
I mean, therapy does have a positive effect on trans, but not as a "cure", more as a "make up your mind to finally decide on transition or not transition". Needless to say, if they come up with the decision of not transitioning and actually lived happy after that, they just weren't trans at all in the first place.
So therapy does have a positive effect but it's not the engame solution, just the path to the treatment.
>>
>>8122679
But isn't gender dysphoria a kind of disorder like anorexia? Or is it different because the former is hardwired from birth?

Also, sorry for asking, but how would you describe gender dysphoria to a cisperson?

>>8122718
I see, it's sort of like sexuality then? Just regarding your gender instead of what combination of holes you like.
Sorry for asking so many questions but I just find this sort of stuff to be extremely interesting. And with the rise of non-binaries and attack helicopters I want to try and understand the more traditional aspects of gender identity since it feels like a lot of the nu-age stuff gives the real stuff a bad name. Thanks for all your answers so far.
>>
>>8122884
>I see, it's sort of like sexuality then? Just regarding your gender instead of what combination of holes you like.
In the sense that there's nothing to do about it except accept it and go along with it, then yes. At least in our current timeline.

And yeah most of us here don't believe in made up genders. I don't know if non-binary is an actual thing or not, I didn't make up my mind on it yet; but if it is, I believe it's more a fashion thing than an actual real problem that needs to be solved.
It feels sort of hypocritical of me to think like that since people thought the same thing about transgenderism in the past and turned out to be a real thing, so that's why I don't really like to go on details on that matter until there's way to prove or disprove it
>>
>>8122884
so like think of a line that represents your happiness and its divided in positives and negatives by a horizontal line, to me it just feels that most of my life started and continued in the negative, underneath that horizontal line. and while sometimes it can go way above it and i am a very happy person over all, it mostly sticks to the negative section. transitioning for me is starting me back on top of that horizontal line, where 0 is as low as itll go, and that im finally able to be actually content with what i pursue and with what i have.

anorexia is a delusion that you are never skinny enough right? and actually a lot of body dysphoria girls suffer does come in play in transgenders its very relatable which is super comforting, but its much harder to deal with of course
this being from a transgirl who already passed pre-hrt, most people dont even feel happy ever before transitioning
>>
>>8122699
Tell me about the police.
>>
>>8122651
>But if it is that, can't there be some way to help other than through surgery?

If we could just go to therapy and/or take anti depressants and be happy be would. Unfortunately that doesn't work and there isn't a treatment for gender dysphoria that works as well as transition.

Transitioning is extremely expensive. Hormones alone cost hundreds a year, quality surgery will cost tens of thousand, and in most places neither will be covered by national healthcare and sometimes not even by private insurance. Not to mention the more minor costs like having to buy an entirely new wardrobe, makeup, tons of razors or permanent hair removal, etc. Which are small costs but add up immensely.

It takes a long time, too. It requires at least a year of hormones for most people to get substantial effects, often times even more. Decent surgeons will have waiting lists of 2 years or more. Even just getting the pills you need can take months, even years, due to gatekeeping and/or shitty healthcare systems. And sometimes, when you finally get them, you're given doses that are too low for too long. Alternatively you can self med, but that can cost even more in the long run and you always run the risk of having your package seized by customs officers.

Depending on where you live, transition can nearly turn you into a second class citizen if you don't pass well enough. Even in typically liberal areas trans people will often face discrimination.

Also, of course, many trans people will lose their family and friends as a result of their choices. This is especially damaging for younger people who may lack vital support from their family and as a result have even more issues transitioning.

And even after all this, the cost, the wait, the hatred, the alienation; you're still not even guaranteed to look anywhere near passing. Trust me, if alternative treatments actually existed not a single person would transition. It is hell. Unfortunately, there are no alternative treatments.
>>
>>8122902
sorry for butting in, but i thought this might be relevant in some way. assuming you're trans, imagine a world where female and male (sex, gender, what have you) are completely obsolete, nonexistent concepts. you have dysphoria, but there is no role model for you to follow, no baseline, no self perception; it's easy to write it off as a fashion thing, because all you can use to make yourself feel okay is cobbled together from the lives and experiences of people you can't actually identify with (in different aspects of their transition, clothing style, passing, etc) plenty of dysphoric nonbinaries go on to live pretending to be binary trans because it's simply easier than being treated as an attack helicopter, or worse, their assigned sex. it's just that the vocal majority are tumblr kids who think having asymmetrical blue hair is immediately grounds for people to question their genitals, and then condemn the same thing despite it being basically the only form of passing for them. in my experience, at least
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.