[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/isg/ - Intersex General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: Intersex_flag.svg_.png (40KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Intersex_flag.svg_.png
40KB, 2000x1333px
I know I'm not the only intersex person here.
>>
I too am intersex. Have you known since birth or found out at puberty?
>>
What
>>
>>8120547
If you don't mind me asking, what's it like? Do you present as a certain gender? Have you always presented as that gender?
>>
>>8120765
I'm female assigned at birth and have always used female pronouns, but as far as presentation I dress like a dude 95% of the time. My parents used to dress me more feminine when I was little and I hated it. My ID says female and if someone asks I tell them I'm a girl, but I don't really identify as either gender.
t. >>8120594
>>
>>8120601
Hermaphrodites. They're not lgbt but there's no board for people like conjoined twins, progeria, cyclopses or other birth defects so they come here.
>>
>>8120547
hey famalam. my family said they did not know and raised me like a boy and then puberty hit and i got period pains and nonstandard puberty (partial female puberty- hips widening, breast buds, then nothing), I saw a doctor, got told I had a micro-d and it was a DSD, had to go on T at 17 which gave me a growth spurt, covered me in stretch marks, body hair, and self hatred. Later I got told I had ovotestes that were undescended and I could never have children, and a partial malformed uterus. At that point I decided that doctors sucked and avoided them like death because every appointment was basically a scheduled groping.
I looked weird as fuck throughout school and college, was bullied horribly, and got called a fag, a dyke, a tranny, and ma'amed until I was 21 and the T finally started making me look male. Then I had a breakdown, tried to kill myself and afterwards started to transition female. After I came out as trans, everyone thought I was trans already (childhood friends, college buddies) but ftm trans. I'm satan's biological meltdown and fuck my life. I think my parents did know but they kinda clam up about it.

I'm female and have female pronouns, get gendered female, and look like an average british woman.
>>
>>8121086
>because every appointment was basically a scheduled groping.
I hated that!!!!
"come look at the hermaphrodite"
Switching to all female docs helped a lot.
>>
>>8121110
my current endo for monitoring my hormones seems to love pressing on my abdomen feeling my ovotestes schlorp up and down so they almost descend fully and then go back up. i feel like a human stress ball.
>>
Are you biologically intersex (hermaphrodite) or mentally intersex?
>>
>>8121176
What the fuck is mentally intersex?
>>
>>8121210
People who think they fall outside the gender binary sometimes go by intersex.
>>
>>8121176
there is only biologically intersex, but i guess you're trying to mean neurologically to try incite tranny hate through some controversy? dude when you've had a doctors hands up you or on you with a dang tape measure from like 5 years old, not a lot fuckin phases you.
>>
>>8121210
Trans or memeing.
>>
>>8121229
>>8121256
oh ok forget what i said that really rustles me
>>
>>8121176
>mentally intersex
would be non-binary and not a topic for this thread.
>>
>>8121176
I am just a mentally ill dude who thinks he's a woman tbqh.
>>
Anyone else kinda tired of the argument for "more than gender binary", I.e. 3rd+ gender, based solely on intersex people? I'm not a third gender. I have a bit of both sexes, and sure I could identify with that, but literally "Alex, what is tom(girl/boy)?". Two genders, with a spectum of expression.
>>
>>8123455
100% how I feel. There's two genders with a wide spectrum of expression. Destroying the binary erases all these different ways to be a woman or be a man and is way more pigeonholing. Just because I'm not super fem doesn't mean I now have to be a demi- anything or want to be a man. Its way more gender policing than a binary system

we just get used as an issue to push the agenda for whatever tho, if its nonbinary genders, if its TERFs pushing anti-trans agenda, or trans saying 'we are just like you' (bitch theres some overlap don't push it). political pawns. most people i've spoken to have no idea we even exist
>>
>intersex general
More like lotto winner general

What y'all gonna talk about, the fact you've never had any dysphoria or that everyone on earth coddles you?
>>
>>8123800
that such a dumb reply Kayla, I thought you were a bit more mature than that :/
>>
>>8123822
Intersex people get to have the easiest transitions ever so not my fault for being sour at u lot.
>>
>>8123800
This is bait, but I'm going to bite.
I can't speak to everyone else, but my dysphoria was bad. Like,was and still is bad.
You don't necessarily find out at birth, it may show up as late as your 30s.
I knew something was fucking up with me, but never looked into it, until I was on independent healthcare.
Also, intersex doesn't help with passing
Also, intersex doesn't help with being accepted, FYI--pretty sure my dad would be happier if I was just a reg tranny--instead of pushing me to "fix" my hormone levels
>>
>>8120547
Gosh being intersex sucks so bad. I started feminizing during puberty. After being raised as a boy! How embarrassing.

Luckily after I told my parents and the doctor explained to them that it was nothing like being trans I got to socially transition and start female hormones. Being a girl is nicer anyway.

I'm happy that my hormone levels were enough apart from dude hormones that I didn't become unpassable and then when I came out everyone was so understanding. I'm stealth now.
>>
>>8123833
>intersex doesn't help with passing
Tell that to this evil slime ball>>8123838
Brag brag brag about passing some more why don't ya
>>
>>8123863
Passing isn't that great. My bf says he'd love me just the same even if I was trans, like you!
>>
>>8123895
Passive aggressive
Typical of lotto winning passers
>>
>>8123800
wow kayla you sure are retarded. you won't need skin grafts for your srs, i will for my corrective surgery, ya got dang dingus because im /so lucky/

y'all entitled trannys with your smooth easy transitions and normal genitals really steam my hams

>>8123895
xD
>>
>>8124013
Kaylay your bf loves you less because you're trans? I'm so sorry, I didn't know! I'd never have mentioning how loving and romantic my breadwinner bf is if you'd said it was a sore point!
>>
>>8120547
Fuck off back to >>>/trash/ you literal mutant.
>>
>>8124032
kayla's bf is a gay man lol
>>
>>8124027
More trans people are subjected to genital mutilation than intersex people.
>>
>>8124045
Oh that must be so humiliating for them! Why don't they just dump him and try and find a better bf? You won't believe how much I had to do that before I found a keeper who was up to my standards!
>>
>>8120547
What counts as intersex exactly? I was AFAB, raised as such, but went through a fast puberty and got pretty damn hairy, and developed clitoromegaly. I found out I also had PCOS later on.
Does this count as even partially intersex? Or is it entirely to do with the gonads and how they develop?
Just curious, sorry if I come across as ignorant.
>>
>>8124163
(Not OP and not intersex myself but...)
There's no clear-cut definition.

Do you feel that you've suffered significantly from your condition (or were only saved by it through sheer luck)? If not, personally I wouldn't identify with the intersex community, though one can always have solidarity.

It's pretty funny actually because by the ~most~ inclusive definitions even I may actually be considered intersex just because the hole on my peen is not exactly on the top but where the shaft and the glans connect. It's called "sub-coronal hypoplasias" and while I noticed a couple times that my peen is a little different from that of other boys I've seen nekkid, I never knew it's a concrete condition with a medical term attached to it until I began researching intersex conditions out of political interest.
>>
>>8124163
pcos is hormonal intersex and yes it counts (including pcos makes intersex people more common than gingers). you're not ignorant, theres just a lot of deliberate medical obfuscation about it. male looking intersex people get told they have a 'disorder of sexual development' more often because intersex is somehow damning towards maleness. a lot of female looking intersex people have forced corrective surgeries in childhood. pcos is often called purely hormonal but it affects sexual characteristics and fertility so its intersex too. intersex people are deliberately erased by the medical community. its all a bit Mengele desu
>>
>>8121229
Just gonna note that in the LGBT group I hang with IRL we make sure to educate people against doing this. We accept nonbinary people but we make it clear that intersex is a different thing and not to mix intersex issues in with trans issues (unless it's on one of the few points where there is some overlap, I suppose, but saying they're the same thing is a big no-no and we make sure everyone knows that)

If an NB is saying this they are uneducated and should be told. 90% of the time they will understand and stop doing that. the remaining 10% are the crazies who probably won't listen to most things anyone tells them about anything
>>
>>8123741
How the fuck is a non-binary system more restrictive than the current one?
>>
No such thing as intersex. There are Feminine and Masculine Males, or Feminine and masculine females.

If you are a mix of feminine or masculine- I-I don't know, you're a mix. But you're still a male or female.
>>
>>8121210
Mentally intersex is known as a disorder called retardation.
>>
>>8125228
because men and women can express themselves in way different ways. you're essentially taking all these different forms of expression and fashion choices and making them genders, leaving women as 'dresses and makeup' and men as 'suits and violence'. its massively reductionist to the variety of men and women out there, because suddenly theres all these strict pigeonholing of expressions as unneeded genders. they're not genders, they're fashion choices that have been politicised. and if you want to say 'um no you can still be a fem man or a butch woman it doesn't make you nonbinary' when mx bowtie demiboy looks exactly like a dyke wedding and demigirl beardie mcmakeupfag looks like any other ex-twink out for a night on the town, it just comes to personal identity and heres the thing (and its a thing ive learnt growing up a freak)- no-one cares what your identity is, only what you look like or pass as. making nonbinary entirely pointless because its combining stuff from the two binary genders to look weird, or literally presenting just as butch or a flamer, all just for political reasons because third wave feminism failed- its not cool or oppressed enough to be a woman anymore and men are privileged- you can't stick it to the man just by being a fem guy or a butch woman anymore, you gotta break that binary. i essentially grew up looking nonbinary and my life was a hell of bullying. anyone who chooses that because its hip and cool and think they're sticking it to the man are just a sheltered online kids idea of rebellion. you can present how you want, but fashion choices aren't a gender and they sure as hell aren't a biological disorder. nonbinary is more restrictive than just having a binary system of gender expression
>>
>>8127453
Then what ARE genders if not expression?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.