[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am actually transitioning thanks to this board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

i am actually transitioning thanks to this board
>>
np ur welcom
>>
You do realize that transitioning is just lgbt's version of "install gentoo"? You fell for a meme.
>>
>>8114848
Congrats!
>>
now tell if you're AGP or HSTS
>>
>>8114848

Congratulations, anon. Want to tell the story about the position you were in before coming to /lgbt/ and how it helped you?

>>8114871

What's bad about installing gentoo?

t. bi MtF who has only ever used Windows, not even Apple OS, let alone any flavor of Linux.

>>8114877

>tfw I wasn't the only one who thought that is the appropriate response
>>
>>8114911
>tfw I wasn't the only one who thought that is the appropriate response

The mones hasn't fully sucked out our souls yet lol
>>
>>8114879
>posts on 4chan
>anime avatar
>would have repressed if not for us
have a guess
>>
>>8114911
>What's bad about installing gentoo?
I've never installed it, but apparently its main features are having a lot of options for customization and optimization, which makes it easy to get lost in or screw up if you're a computer/linux noob. It caught on as a meme on /g/ because people were sarcastically suggesting it as the solution to every computer problem, even ones that were obviously due to the user not knowing how to do even simple computer tasks.
>>
File: Untitled23.png (353KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled23.png
353KB, 600x900px
>>8114848
you know that just by saying that you throw a big wrench in the very idea of you being legitimate in any capacity

most transpeople transition for medical purposes and not to be "funny" for 4chan
>>
File: 52916.jpg (286KB, 1127x1010px) Image search: [Google]
52916.jpg
286KB, 1127x1010px
>>8114863
:)

>>8114871
I am a very fearful person, I wouldn't ever consider doing this if it wasn't deadly serious, but I guess I shouldn't really take your reply as serious, I actually chuckled a bit reading it.

>>8114877
Thank you! But there is still a lot do; I hope I will get HRT by next two months, I am basically in RLE right now, but my doctor isn't gatekeeping me too much, if it wasn't for my parents I would be already there.

>>8114879
I don't support Blanchard's view and is basically labelled as pseudoscience, but if you make give a questionaire or something and I will respond so you can say if I am HSTS or AGP just for the funny memes.

>>8114911
Thank you too! c:
Before going to /lgbt/ I was rethinking about my sexuality and my gender identity, I tought I wanted to see myself as a girl just because I liked boys and I didn't knew anything about transitioning, I just knew trans people as a laughing stock because television here and my family, but thanks to this board I actually understood what it meant, and what I was, I was really scared because of my parents and I didn't felt to start during high school (I was 15 at the times I lurked /lgbt/, and I even got banned for a question some time ago and at that time I don't even knew it was a possibility starting before 18, never heard a story back then), after finishing high school I tried various therapist, until I found the right one, now with the help of my doctor I am trying to make my parents support me, it's gonna be tough but I wish the best to myself.

>>8114983
My doctor has no diagnostic doubts about my condition c:
>>
>>8114993
When I say that I never knew it was a possibility transitioning before 18 I mean in my country, I am hearing stories just in this two years, but all with supportive parents obviously..
>>
>>8114911
Want to tell the story about the position you were in before coming to /lgbt/ and how it helped you?
Kinda in a same situation as OP. I was already looking into transitioning but i was super nervous that doctor wouldn't give me the diagnosis but when i read how much of a whack jobs most of the people here seem to be gave me the courage to go through with it.
>>
>>8114983
t. self-medding after being convinced by 4chan and having his hrt purchased by 4chan
>>
>>8114983
Memes made me a grill
>>
>>8114993
>I don't support Blanchard's view and is basically labelled as pseudoscience, but if you make give a questionaire or something and I will respond so you can say if I am HSTS or AGP just for the funny memes.
Well it's accurate for approximately 100% of trans people, but ok here's your questionnaire:

>do you like girls at all?
>how feminine were you as a kid
>do you have masculine or feminine hobbies?
>how do you feel about crossdressing?
>do you get turned on by the thought of being a girl?
>>
File: 1430501528439 (1).jpg (111KB, 1024x602px) Image search: [Google]
1430501528439 (1).jpg
111KB, 1024x602px
>>8115024
being psychoanalyzed isn't being "convinced by 4chan"
>>
>>8115049
>being "psychoanalyzed by 4chan" isn't being "convinced by 4chan"
>>
File: Human_Yuki_Nagato.jpg (31KB, 350x456px) Image search: [Google]
Human_Yuki_Nagato.jpg
31KB, 350x456px
>>8115046
OP here.
I like girls but I see myself better with a boy in a relationship, but I don't close the door. As a kid a watched a lot of female shows and I liked to see myself in the female protagonists, I never had any stereotipically male interest and always avoided gym because I never wanted my body to become manly, as for crossdressing, I never did it but I let my female classmates do make up for me in class if that counts, and no, the fact of being a girl doesn't turn my on by itself.
Your turn, Anon.
>>
dude no it's just a meme what are you doing
>>
>>8115124
>I like girls but I see myself better with a boy in a relationship,
This screams AGP. The rest could go either way.

My money says AGP.
>>
>>8115137
what's bad about agp?
>>
File: imNGO0Pf.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
imNGO0Pf.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
>>8115137
It does scream AGP because I like girls, right? Not surprising seeing Blanchard's theory, but I wanted to know about Anons' toughts
>>
>>8114848
Good luck. Ignore the AGP comments. It doesn't matter what your parents say. You are you. Do what makes sense for you.

We're happy for you! Keep us posted on your transition.
>>
>>8115164
Nothing!

>>8115169
Because you like girls and also because despite that you see yourself better with a boy. An AGP often likes to feel feminine and loved by a bf even if she finds girls more attractive, while an HSTS straight up finds boys more attractive despite getting along better with girls.
>>
>>8115049
You're trying too hard again.
>>
File: nagato-yuki3.jpg (88KB, 791x953px) Image search: [Google]
nagato-yuki3.jpg
88KB, 791x953px
>>8115179
Thank you kindly, really <3
I will keep posting on it, hoping to give good news c:

As for HSTS and AGP replies, I never took them seriously, it's an outdated vision on the matter and I find both dichotomies to be bad actually, one reduces you as a very effiminate gay man and the other one as a fetishist that makes an identity out of it, it's not really like being in one group or in another, I just like playing with them.

>>8115183
Actually like 75% of my friends are female, and usually end up having romantic feeling towards my lesser part of male friends, for example in class I talked just with girls.
>>
>>8119974
>one reduces you as a very effiminate gay man and the other one as a fetishist that makes an identity out of it,
That's a derogatory way of describing both and isn't accurate for either.

>Actually like 75% of my friends are female, and usually end up having romantic feeling towards my lesser part of male friends,
Why do you get along with those girls?

Usually having romantic feelings for boys is probably normal for bisexual AGPs.
>>
File: 1485276643581.png (190KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485276643581.png
190KB, 300x450px
I wouldn't say I'm transitioning because of this board, my problems were prexisting, but they certainly nagged me into illegal hormones. I'm glad you're taking steps to be happy, though! It can be very hard.
>>
File: 2015-09-10-767672.jpeg.jpg (169KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10-767672.jpeg.jpg
169KB, 500x706px
>>8120073
But that's just what the terms say, you could say it wasn't made on the purpose of making a derogative dichotomy, but now that's just what it is, at least from my point of view, I really feel it out of place.

As for your question, it's just more natural to both, I don't force myself having friends, it just happens.

>>8120090
Thank you too!
I am saving money in the case things will fuck up, I am not buying myself anything, just saving and probabily I will look out for a job soon.
>>
>>8120276
>But that's just what the terms say,
It's not. Neither of those are what the terms say.

HSTS are not effeminate gay men. They are similar to gay men, as gender non-conforming natal males. But gay men can be GNC anywhere between just liking men to being very flamboyant. HSTS are GNC enough to be women, apart from their sex, which is why they transition.

AGP don't have a fetish. They have an orientation, same as gay or straight men or women. Their orientation just means they identify as women mentally in the same way a straight man wants a relationship with a woman.

"Effeminate gay men" and "guys with a fetish turned identity" are both untrue twists of what the terms really say, made to deliberately make each kind of trans person seem bad.

Both those twists are used as accusations against trans people anyway, by people who don't know the terms. Usually they'll just pick one because they assume all trans women are straight or lesbian and forget about the other. The derogative views of both kinds of trans people are nothing to do with the genuine dichotomy.

>As for your question, it's just more natural to both, I don't force myself having friends, it just happens.
But what do the friendships form over. Why did you end up bonding with the people you did in your class?
>>
File: moe-day-yuki2.jpg (78KB, 371x734px) Image search: [Google]
moe-day-yuki2.jpg
78KB, 371x734px
>>8120349
I just see your descriptions as fancy ways to say almost the same things as I said, the notion of HSTS recognizes you as GAY MALE as a starting point, and I don't think it's really that great.

About my classmates for example, I always heard their confessions, I gave my opinions and suggestions, mostly they talked about their crushes or problems with their bf or about other very personal stuff, we also talked about tv shows and anime we watched.

(I hope my english isn't too much broken.)
>>
>>8120789
>I just see your descriptions as fancy ways to say almost the same things as I said,
Those are the accurate descriptions. How you described them are the ways transphobes describe trans people anyway.

A straight trans woman is going to be called a gay man by transphobes whether they know about HSTS or not. A lesbian trans women is going to be called a fetishist by transphobes whether they know about AGP or not.

If they actually understood HSTS and AGP, then they'd know why HSTS trans women are not gay men and AGP trans women are not straight fetishists.

>the notion of HSTS recognizes you as GAY MALE as a starting point, and I don't think it's really that great.
No it doesn't. It recognizes similarities between straight trans women and gay men, and straight cis women too.

I don't know enough about your friendships to offer anything. HSTS trans women are more likely to have mainly female friends than AGPs but something like that will be no more universal than it is for cis men or women. Your english is fine!
>>
File: 2012-07-29-518278.jpeg.jpg (182KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
2012-07-29-518278.jpeg.jpg
182KB, 500x650px
>>8120870
"Homosexual transexual" when talking about an MtF that likes man implies that it views a transgirl as just a fancier effemminate gay boy, and thus shares the same prejudices that transphobes have.
Also the dichothomy is really flawful, it makes the sexuality of a transgirl very strict and unrealistic, it doesn't mean someone wouldn't for example feel in the description of AGP, but applying it to everyone is very out of place, also transboys aren't contemplated in this vision of transexuality, that's basically what PERSONALLY doesn't convince me, but it should be alone the fact it's pseudoscience, but if I have to argue I use my arguments and will not just say "it's not really scientific bye".

About my friends, what you would want to know better? I tought I was telling enough honestly ^^

Also, thank you about what you said about my english, I often fear of it being clumsy and gramatically incorrect
>>
>>8121017
>"Homosexual transexual" when talking about an MtF that likes man implies that it views a transgirl as just a fancier effemminate gay boy,
That's true, but it's just the name and is a product of the view at the time, decades ago. The same types have been given other names without changing the theory, such as for HSTS "classic transsexual" and simply "Group 1". "HSTS" can also be interpreted to refer to the similarities between straight trans people and gay cis people, without literally saying they are gay themselves.

>it makes the sexuality of a transgirl very strict and unrealistic, it doesn't mean someone wouldn't for example feel in the description of AGP, but applying it to everyone is very out of place,
Everyone has their own experiences and someone who fits one might not experience all the traits associated with it, in the same way men and women aren't always masculine and feminine in every way.

>also transboys aren't contemplated in this vision of transexuality,
That was definitely a mistake in the original theory. It works for FtMs and MtFs just the same, but FtMs weren't so understood in the past. But now the theory accounts for them and we have the term AAP for the FtM equivalent of AGP and A*P to cover both.

>but if I have to argue I use my arguments and will not just say "it's not really scientific bye".
That's the way things should be, proper arguments!

>About my friends, what you would want to know better? I tought I was telling enough honestly ^^
Well the thing is that HSTS trans girls normally bond with cis girls better because they are more stereotypically feminine, and AGP trans girls bond with cis boys better because some ways they are mentally more like boys.

But like I said, just as cis boys or girls might get along better with the other sex, so might a particular HSTS or AGP trans girl not follow the norm for her type of trans girl. It wouldn't be odd, just different from average.
>>
>>8121017
>>8121142
So with your friends, the tv shows and anime you talked about might be clues. Did they like anime and shows with mostly male viewers? That could explain why you got along with them. Or do you like particularly girly shows? If they have plenty of male and female viewers, then that doesn't say much.

Hearing confessions and very personal stuff is pretty feminine, which is more expected of an HSTS, but doesn't prove anything either way. AGPs can be feminine, and an AGP who isn't particularly feminine might still end up getting along better with girls if she's just androgynous and the boys around her are particularly boyish or Chads or something.

>Also, thank you about what you said about my english, I often fear of it being clumsy and gramatically incorrect
It perfectly readable, but there are one or two slight clues to it not being your first language that someone might spot, like "fear of it" instead of "fear for it". Nothing to make it unreadable though! And trust me, there's plenty of clumsy phrasing from native speakers!
>>
File: 1386434677877.jpg (97KB, 699x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1386434677877.jpg
97KB, 699x1024px
>>8114848
good for you and good luck on the process.
btw are you the same yuki poster that would post on /mtfg/? I was in a thread or two with someone who posted many yuki pics.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.