[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College dorms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: study.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
study.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
Legbutts, what are your experiences at college dorms?

Did you have trouble? did it help you make good friends? Did it help with your studies?
>>
>>8101308
Dorms are fine as long as you get a roommate that respects your space. I can't speak much for the other stuff you asked about though.
>>
I roomed with 3 other girls and got along great with two of them. The other one kinda did her own thing, but we got along ok for the most part. It didn't help with studying at all and I dropped out, but that was probably inevitable.
>>
>>8101308
FtM here, I got stuck in the female dorms and hated it. Beyond being right on campus and getting me involved in campus activities, it didn't help much at all.
>>
>>8101447
How did you end up in the female forms?
>>
>>8101481
dorms*
>>
>>8101308
I was bullied really severely in high school for being gay and I stupidly went straight to college right after, so I got a room alone (because I didn't want a straight guy to have to room with me because I know most straight guys hate gays) and ended up just moving back home after 4 weeks and faked some sort of medical exemption because I was alone and miserable and the room was super fucking small and overpriced.
>>
>>8101495
Why did you need a medical exemption?
>>
>>8101509
My school "requires" you to live on campus for the first year unless you have a medical exemption or something (it's a scam)
>>
>>8101516
What excuse do they have for that policy? How did you fake out of it?
>>
>>8101481
My school makes you live on campus during your first two years unless you have a special exception going on like a medical condition and has no gender neutral housing.
They placed me in female dorms because that's what was on all my ids and birth certificate despite me being on T for almost two years previously.
>>
>>8101651
Did you need to show ID? Can't you just tick M when you apply? And surely you could complain when you're in the female dorms?

What did the women think of it anyway?
>>
>>8101308
My first year of school I was in an all guys engineering dorm and it fucking sucked autism incarnate and being around guys all the time destroyed my mood
>>
>>8101680
I was going to check M when I applied, but then I noticed that section for basic info said that it must match the information on your FAFSA and of course, I had to file as a female student. I figured I'd apply the way they said and just explain things to the office during orientation and get it changed if I even got in. I get there and they say without official documentation like a birth certificate or driver's license or court order, they aren't changing it.

I complained, but keep in mind, all my legal docs said female at the time because my state doesn't change any of it just because you're on HRT. Some girls were cool with it, others complained (there was even a group that tried to prove I did drugs and get me kicked out because of the needles I had for injecting T), but they didn't do shit because legally speaking, I was a "female" student.
>>
>>8101544
I went to a therapist and said I was suffering from severe anxiety and depression (which I was) and got diagnosed and then got the exemption with the help of them. It actually was pretty easy to do, just cost some money to see the therapist. I said faked because to me mental health still doesn't qualify as a 'real' thing to me but my university accepted it.
>>
>>8101930
so how do you come to the conclusion that you were legitimately anxious and depressed but mental health don't real?
seems like a contradiction.
>>
File: 1422148737362.jpg (99KB, 723x691px) Image search: [Google]
1422148737362.jpg
99KB, 723x691px
>>8101308
>tfw living in a female college dorm was always my life dream and it will never happen because I came out just a bit too late

it hurts
it hurts...
>>
>>8101956
>tfw same

Actually doing some community college work right now. They're actually rambling about nonbinary people as if they exist
>>
>>8101954
Yeah I shouldn't have said faked.
>>
File: IMG_4584.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4584.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8101973
Forgot pic
>>
File: IMG_4589.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4589.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>8101983
Now they're on about transbians
>>
>>8101983
i hate gender typing ;_;
>>
File: 1486919174678.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1486919174678.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>8101308
Never had to live in a dorm since my parents' house was close to college. I could always study in peace without worrying about normies.
>>
>>8102002
lol thats hilarious
>>
>>8102020
>went to college
>calls other people normies
>>
>>8101308
My experience was positive. I didn't come out until senior year, but my friends didn't care and they've all forgotten by now.

Just keep your issues under wraps until you trust your roommates. They don't want to know about your issues because they're strangers. If you treat them well, you shouldn't have a problem with most people. If you get a douchebag for a roommate, get a room change. If they deny you, raise hell with your title ix office/whatever diversity office your school has. There are resources at most schools to help you out.
>>
>>8102002
What's wrong with that?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.