[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started HRT a few weeks ago and my doctor gave me spiro. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1491424942683.gif (160KB, 430x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491424942683.gif
160KB, 430x270px
I started HRT a few weeks ago and my doctor gave me spiro. I was wondering should I ask for cypro or is spiro fine? Most people I see on this site use cypro that's why I'm wondering.
>>
from a hormonal point of view, literally no difference. they're both anti androgenic, so they both stop testosterone production, so why would it matter?
I'm on something totally different to most people and it works fine for me desu
>>
>>8069114

If you're in the US, you can't even get cypro from your doctor. He probably doesn't even now about it.
>>
>>8069156
Alright that's all I was wondering. Like 90% of people I see on this site take cypro so I was just thinking maybe it was better or something.
>>
don't listen to these hons

cypro is leagues superior. even bica is superior to spiro.
>>
>>8069197
doesn't make a single difference, the end goal is stopping testosterone production w/ as few side effects as possible

>>8069210
>hon because not taking cypro
Okay
>>
Spiro makes you pee a lot, though.
Cypro does not.
>>
>>8069210
I know cypro kills your balls but I can always get an orchi at some point. In what other ways do you think it's better?
>>
>>8069156
This is incorrect. Cypro and Spiro operate through completely different mechanisms.
Bica is currently the most recommended antiandrogen and cypro was it's predecessor (at least when used for prostate cancer they consider bica an upgrade to cypro, this isn't necessarily the case for mtf's). Spiro is not an antiandrogen in the sense that it's main purpose is to deal with water retention after surgeries and the antiandrogenic effects are a side effect.
Bica and cypro were developed to be antiandrogens and nearly all research into then is dedicated to that goal.
Cypro has a lot more specific mechanisms in the testicles, it's progestonic, and it puts less load on your adrenal glands.
Spiro operates through adrenals and downregulates nearly every hormone in your body, including progesterone. It has no direct antiandrogenic effects on organs and its only action outside the adrenals is by a weak binding affinity to androgen receptors, which cypro does as well.

Cypro is the better antiandrogen, period. Spiro is not a proper antiandrogen, it's antiandrogenic effects are basically off-label use.
>>
>>8069683
>(at least when used for prostate cancer they consider bica an upgrade to cypro, this isn't necessarily the case for mtf's)
not comparable at all

for prostate cancer patients its vastly superior because it doesnt kill your balls and thus testosterone production

for mtfs it does exactly that and thats what we want
>>
>>8069683
fair enough, hadn't really heard that much about spiro other than it's AA usage. I'm using a totally different AA so pretty disconnected from that a lot of the time. I'd just remembered from people mostly using spiro for the AA use, but I do also remember it being pretty hard on your system. thanks
>>
>>8069683
So why do I never hear about any mtfs on bica? And if spiro is so much worse than the others why didn't I get bica or cypro?
>>
>>8069210
>>8069683
Bica is really better than spiro too?
>>
triptorellin master race over here. better than all mentioned
>>
>>8069901
If you're in the US I don't believe they have approved bica or cypro.
If you want cypro you can request a prescription and import it from licensed pharmacies outside the US though.
>>
>>8069157
Only in Burgerland... where you can't get cyproterone acetate because the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) hasn't it approved it yet as medical HRT for transgender patients. But this drug is available almost everywhere else in the globe (i.e. all European countries, Canada, Mexico, Asia, etc.), even sometimes being sold over the counter without needing a doctor's prescription. Fuck my life, right? Being a tranny in Burgerland is absolute hell. And the trannies that America is parading around on the media are half of the time just cringey.

I want to die. Or permanently leave America for good. Either one would be really nice.
>>
>>8070211
>If you want cypro you can request a prescription and import it from licensed pharmacies outside the US though.
Can you really do this? I have no clue how you would though. Bica isn't approved either? What a shitty place to live.
>>
>>8070290
>What a shitty place to live.

I second this quote.
>>
Bicalutamide is available in the US. You just have to explain to your doctor why you want it and they'll likely approve it.

Idk why all these agp hons from mtfg are spreading false info.
>>
>>8070314
So bica is definitely better than spiro? I just want to have the best transition possible.
>>
>>8070290
Most countries have laws regarding importing pharmaceuticals that aren't approved yet as long as you have a valid reason to do so. People do that for cancer medication all the time.
If you get a prescription and they end up seizing it at the border you'd just have to call and give them your prescription.
>>
>>8069114

get cypro if you want to die. spiro nukes your test well below actual biological female levels. So to say cypro is "better" is just fucking retarded when the potential side effects are so much more severe. spiro is aspirin in comparison, its risk free pretty much risk free.

So yeah you're an idiot if you take cypro
>>
>>8070343

No, its not "better." If you on sprio and estrogen, and your blood levels are normal, there is no "better" besides reducing side effects. bica just fucks up your system so much you get a shit ton of test and estrogen, its not really comparable. bica blocks test too but it also gets in your brain and fucks up the regulation so it just pumps out hormones
>>
>>8070256
Trump said he was going to dismantle the FDA as an authority and just leave it as a certification system. Might happen if Democrats don't stop it out of pure spite even though it fucks us over.
>>
>>8070256
>>8071168

Its not approved because of its extreme liver toxicity. With long term use you are pretty much guaranteed to get liver disease. They don't care about that in third world countries because you are far more likely to get beaten to death, starve, or die of aids before your liver gives out. So move to 3rd world country so you don't needlessly strain our healthcare system when you kill your liver with cypro. Seriously, there is absolutely zero reason to take cypro when spiro is 100% as effective and many times safer.
>>
>>8071222
Safest way is to just get an orchi and not take anything but I just want to know which AA works the best for transitioning and ending up looking like a girl
>>
File: is this nigga serious.jpg (59KB, 335x329px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigga serious.jpg
59KB, 335x329px
>>8071222
>just fuck up your kidneys instead of your liver
Anyone on an AA for over 2 years is retarded anyways and deserves to die.
>>
>>8071222
Lolwat it's approved in nearly all other western countries
Also the liver toxicity only occurs in cancer patients since they require 4-5x higher dosages
Spiro isn't exactly healthy either, and cypro ultimately is better since you can use low dosages and decrease dosage over time as it atrophies your testes quite well>
>>
>>8071222
>eat too much potatoes or bananas
>die
10/10 anti-androgen
>>
>>8071230

Neither of them are more effective. All of them reduce your test your below biological female levels. So it doesn't matter, assuming you are also taking estrogen.
>>
>>8071282
Cypro causes more testicular atrophy. Spiro has no antiandrogenic activities in your testes unlike cypro
>>
>>8071244

you can be on spiro for a very long time. no its not 100% safe.

>>8071255
cypro is approved for us in birth control for like 2mg. for transgender its usually 25-50mg /day. so yeah its a lot more dangerous than its typical use.

>>8071298

that doesn't mean its any better. and spiro will shrink your nuts too.
>>
>>8071375
For cancer patients the dosages are like 200-500mg which is why they risk liver damage. Inevitably for mtf's their dosage will be like 12.5mg after reducing the initial dosage.
Spiro damages your adrenal glands, kidneys, and can cause numerous issues if you eat the wrong foods. It is not a good alternative to cypro and should not be used as an antiandrogen. It was meant for short term usage after surgeries.
Cypro and bica have significantly more research done on them and their antiandrogenic pharmacokinetics are better known and also more potent than spiro.
>>
>>8071168
As a point of procedure, it wouldn't be out of spite.
Politicians take actions which they can later say were taken to achieve a certain goal when they next campaign. This is why Republicans voted 40-odd times to repeal Obamacare, even though they knew it had no possibility of getting through. It's also why Democrats are voting to force Trump to show his tax returns, with no possiblity of success.

There is also the newer strategy of forcing government to malfunction while the opposing party controls the presidency (people really don't pay attention to any other offices), which erodes the peoples' faith in the ruling party's ability to govern.
>>
>>8069114
So if I go to an informed consent clinic should I ask for Bica instead of Spiro? I can't get cypro in the US.
>>
>>8069157
My doctor lets me take cypro and I'm in the US but she's dutch or norwegian or something. I live in utah too
>>
>>8071222
>spiro safer
spiro has many other way more toxic side effects
>>
File: 1491751791446.png (195KB, 906x693px) Image search: [Google]
1491751791446.png
195KB, 906x693px
>>8071258
Potassium overload.
>>
>>8076059
This

I would like to know as well
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.