[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: dinner-rolls.jpg (4MB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
dinner-rolls.jpg
4MB, 3216x2136px
Gender and gender roles should be irrelevant in today's society. You should be able to do what you want to do, and look the way you want to look. I think most people would agree with that.

That being the case, I really don't understand trans people. Why does gender even matter? If it's your body that's bothering you, why not change that but not flip out about pronouns? Hell, why not take a medicine that eases your distress over your body rather than changing your actual body, IE treating the cause and not the symptom?

This isn't a hate post, I genuinely want to understand.
>>
Congratulations, you just understood trans people.

We ARE taking 'the medicine' to 'ease our distress over our bodies'. Since our bodies reject our natal hormones, the opposite sex's hormones ARE the medicine, and they perforce change the body. Since society maintains some degree of visual identification related to the secondary sex characteristics, the use of the correct pronouns is called for.

Just as we don't call crippled people 'leggy', 'one-hand', and 'stumpy' and we don't call people with pacemakers 'beaty' or 'glitchy', we don't call transpeople their natal sex as a matter of societal politeness and respect for other humans.

Thanks for stopping by, glad we could help.
>>
>>8064788
Because nobody wants to get rid of gender roles.
>>
>>8064788
>Gender and gender roles should be irrelevant in today's society.
You're right, they SHOULD be, but they aren't, so trans people keep existing when the only way to be treated like the gender role you fit is to change your body by transition.
>>
>>8064788
>why not change that but not flip out about pronouns?
Oh, I don't. I just aim to be on the level where people say "she" with no need of flipping out. If they don't, after all, it is only my fault.

>Hell, why not take a medicine that eases your distress over your body rather than changing your actual body
Because if I don't change my actual body, the only medicines which would "ease my distress" would be the ones that make everything grey and lifeless and zombified, while the medicines that change my body fit better with my mind and make me function a whole lot better than repressive meds would.

>IE treating the cause and not the symptom?
But the cause is my body, I'm treating it.
If my body was the one of a girl, I would have no issues. Thus, it is my body that is causing these issues, thus it is the very cause, dysphoria just being a symptom.
>>
>>8064788
>Hell, why not take a medicine that eases your distress over your body rather than changing your actual body,
Like fucking what?
Wait not, there IS medicine for that, and it's called HRT.

pic related, this is you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.