[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pimozide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1491347737584.png (31KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
1491347737584.png
31KB, 640x516px
Only one study was ever done despite it being effective at removing gender dysphoria. Could it be a beacon of hope for the eternal hon or a fallacy? From what I could find, it looks as if it hasn't been explored.

So my questions are: Has anyone tried it? Did it work? Were you AGP or HSTS? Also, please reframe from your pseudo-science projections. I want concrete answers.
>>
>n=1

Nice "research," pham.
>>
>>8059032
It wasn't a study, trailer trash. It's an anedotal report without any controlled subjects and was never replicated in over 30 years.

So not peer reviewed, n=0 and worse yet a million other instances never were able to replicate. This is nothing more than false hope for the delusional hons.
>>
>>8059070
N=0 technically. No subjects with any controlls. It wasn't an experiment by definition.
>>
>>8059074
>Never replicated in over 30 years
>yet a million other instances never were able to replicate

I couldn't find any research disproving it, but if you could show me some that would be great.

>>8059070
>>8059082
The research is a case study. Kind of like Genie. They give us ideas, not any practical answers.

I'm more interested in whether it works or not. There seems to be a lack of answers surrounding it.
>>
>>8059032
Of course it can work, the same way a lobotomy can.
>>
>>8059124
If you can't get positive results you don't publish. And good to decent journals would never publish you with neg results

Pimozide has been used by thousands with GID and the literature proves it has never cured.
>The research is a case study. Kind of like Genie
It's not even a case study when they have no controlls no evidence and peer review

You shoveled us trash and want to use an Unreplicable case study to do the impossible.

You're incompetent but have a god delusion. You're dangerous. You need Pimozide before you hurt others.
>>
stale meme

antipsychotics wont cure gender dysphoria, only delusions caused by psychosis
>>
i m fucking sick of undergrads parroting on about "peer review" and "muh science" as if they knew shit other than what they learned about it from leddit comments
>>
>>8059255
like what the fuck? where did someone get the bizarre idea that the variable "n" can only be used for controlled experiments or that a "study" = controlled experiment? fuck off and die and kill yourself in that order because that alone indicates you have never accomplished anything of value
>>
>>8059161
From what I can tell, the paper was published in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry

>Pimozide has been used by thousands with GID and the literature proves it has never cured.
link me to some of this research anon. There must be a ton since thousands of have done it.

Such aggression for just asking some questions. Seems strange you would fight against this so profusely.
>>
>>8059255
>>8059263
and jesus christ the idolatry of the ~literature~ as some all knowing and all seeing god

shoot me please
>>
>>8059267
Since when was there a study published about a nonevent? Pimozide has never cured GID, ergo there are no reports.

Put up or shut up.
>>
>>8059263
You had no subjects for the experiment. There's no n.
>>8059267
Which isn't peer reviewed and apparently this article received no cites either. So not replicated, shit level journal and no cites. It even seems to have killed the author's career
>>
>>8059255
>>8059263
If you don't have controls then it by definition can't be clinical research. Push shit like this in the states and the feds will just arrest you for fraud.
>>
>>8059263
t. Sociology major
>>
File: 1489702179899.jpg (88KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489702179899.jpg
88KB, 960x960px
>>8059284
What a dumb assumption. You always publish your results whether the treatment did or did not work. That way others know that it didn't work.

Only private companies hide research, most universities, and government grant workers are forced to publish their research or loose funding.
>>
>>8059318
So you never graduated, right? Near all research ends as unpublished research. Especially for stem. No journal will write something about a series of experiments that turned out no usable shit.

And turning out too much unusable costs you your grants.

What nonsense, thinking nature would take your negative results.
>>
>>8059318
>That way others know that it didn't work.
Doesn't work like that. Your pi has to ask other doctors for their unpublished research if you want it.
>>
File: 1487554590712.png (2MB, 1082x1526px) Image search: [Google]
1487554590712.png
2MB, 1082x1526px
>>8059032
Ahh, pimozide. I take my 2mg every day. It cured my AGP, but just made me gay in the end.
>>
>>8059362
>It cured my AGP, but just made me gay in the end.
Is that better or worse?
>>
File: smug_face_by_ay_carumba-d5tjwji.png (681KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
smug_face_by_ay_carumba-d5tjwji.png
681KB, 1024x1024px
>>8059384
I don't know. Sure is less expensive than FFS and SRS. I think it's cheaper than tiddy skittles too.
>>
>>8059423
Do you like being gay?

How else has it affected you?
>>
>>8059438
Breddy sure I was autistic or something before hand. I function now. I'm not a fan of being gay, but it's what I am and I just have to roll with it.
>>
>>8059521
How did you fail to function before?

>but it's what I am and I just have to roll with it.
Or stop the pimo.
>>
>>8059521
>>8059423
Are you that weird bearded guy who raids femgen?
>>
>>8059032
Eugene Pichler claims AGP(as opposed to "trans) can be treated with anti convulsion medication. His theory is that its a behavorial addiction.

Sounds very bro sciency. I was at my wits end with AGP so I started smoking weed as treatment for it. It didn't go away but it dulled the dysphoria a lot. Maybe it dulled me in general? Since AGP is for life and tends to worsen I'd rather be comfortably numb. At least I can still function, pimozide is supposed to zombify people.
>>
>>8060261
>Eugene Pichler
Isn't he a crazy hon, who tries to practice medicine despite not having any qualifications.
>>
>>8060280
Yes pretty much except he's a non transitioner(cuz he "cured" his AGP) so he can't technically be a hon right?
>>
>>8059032
I don't have any experience with pimozide specifically, but I am an FtM with bipolar disorder and before transitioning, I was prescribed a bunch of different atypical antipsychotics for mood stabilization and they did jack shit for my gender dysphoria, so I really doubt pimozide would have done anything for me.
>>
>>8059074
all the more reason for more testing

don't you think?

something on your mind? you don't look happy
>>
>>8060406
>one thing didn't cure my dysphoria
>therefore nothing would
>>
>>8060448
Pimozide is an antipsychotic.
Other antipsychotics did nothing.
Why would pimozide be magically different?
>>
>>8060477
>thinks all antipsychotics are the same
>doesn't ask why they magically have different names
>>
>>8059032
>The successful treatment of transvestism patient with pimozide

ftfy
>>
>>8060580
Both atypical and first-gen antipsychotics work through blocking dopamine pathways. They have different names because they are different drugs, not because they function differently. The choice of antipsychotics used is mostly about cost and individual reaction to side effects, it's not a case of one working and one doesn't.
>>
>>8060621
>thinking side effects can't affect dysphoria
>>
>>8059032
Duh we'll find something, someday.
Being transgender means you're asynchronous (i.e. your brain is less masculinized than your body, or vice versa). The fetus's sex specialization process happens around the 6-12 (?) week mark, the brain's sex specialization at the 5 month mark.
Everybody is by default a woman, and needs to undergo a "virilization" process in the womb. We're technically not "women in men's bodies", more men with some unfortunate brain differences due to insufficient hormones in the womb or whatever.
Curing dysphoria will probably happen (heck, we have the technology to do head transplants now, medicine is pretty good these days). But I have to say, I've always hated the concept of psychotropic drugs (drugs to influence neurochemistry) like anti-anxiety drugs, antidepressants and so on as just fixing the symptoms but not the causes. A dysphoria pill would likely be just the same, i.e. have side effects, etc. Not sure I would take it.
>>
>>8059303
>>8059310
>>8059316
the sample size is 1, hence n = 1, much of research is non-experimental (correlational in nature), i'm published in nature and work in computational biology (how many papers have you published, faggot?), and >>8059333 over here seems to actually take PRIDE in the nonpublication of negative results, when in fact that exact mindset is holding science back (kys)
>>
i just don't know how dumb you would have to get to look at a paper describing one (1) subject and then immediately proclaim "in this paper, n = 0!"
>>
>>8060621
So the antipsychotic aspect may not be what allegedly cures agp.

There are lots of different painkillers, but aspirin reduces your risk of heart attacattacks.
>>
>>8059032
I'm ftm, on antipsychotics because of ASPD. Would try this though desu.
>>
File: 20040320_DSCF0014_0432_0244.jpg (115KB, 432x244px) Image search: [Google]
20040320_DSCF0014_0432_0244.jpg
115KB, 432x244px
>>8060374
>except he's a non transitioner(cuz he "cured" his AGP)
welp
>>
>>8060409
You sound like that crazy ban evading pedophile. Shall we report you and your threads.

Evading is a lifetime ban after all.
>>
>>8060580
They're in the same family. If you weren't a flunkout with a GED, you'd know stuff with the same phamacodynamics work the same.

>>8060409
Why. It's failed millions of times. Why organize a clinical trial for something known to do nothing? Nobody did furter study becase the evidence showed it was useless
>>
>>8060646
>le pedo troll doesn't know about mechanisms of action and drug families
>>
>>8059032
>pharmacotherapy with pimozide should be considered in cases with doubtful gender dysphoria
>in cases with doubtful gender dysphoria
>doubtful gender dysphoria
>implying clear gender dysphoria is not to be treated with pimozide
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.