[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Stereotypes Affect You?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: random_comic.jpg (83KB, 885x333px) Image search: [Google]
random_comic.jpg
83KB, 885x333px
Should I ignore the transbian stereotypes peddled by /clg/, because I don't fit them? Or should I still take offense, because those stereotypes affect people's expectations of me? What if they think I'm going to do something gross or weird, or that I like anime? What if they think my tits look like traffic cones underneath? I'm starting to get paranoid about this.
>>
The only stereotype the effect me is that gay men hate transgender people. Outside of that everything is pretty normal.
>>
>>8041510
>people peddle a derogatory false stereotype of me
>people who buy it will judge me and treat me worse because of it
>is this a problem?
>>
>>8041544
I guess what I'm asking is, should I just leave the actual gross transbians to rot and be picked off by TERFs, or should I be worried that I'm next?
>>
>>8041602
You'll be just fine OP, why would they come for you? :^)
>>
>>8041510
if you dont fit those stereotypes, you're fine. those stereotypes exsist bc those type of transbians actually exist and are terrifying.
t. my ex roommate was one
>>
>>8041510
Your tits do look like cones and you are into anime
>>
>>8042252
Oh god it's already happening
>>
>>8041602
Lol TERFs won't stop until everyone is miserable.

Everyone.
>>
>>8041510
stereotypes are bullshit who cares
really who cares what people think

why the fuck are you alive if you're just gonna aimlessly drift around based on others expectations your whole life

go do something better with your time
>>
Yes. I feel that stereotypes about transwomen like me hurt 10x more than people actually calling me a fag. I can take a hit to me, but hits to what i am is akin to insulting family or race. No mercy.
>>
File: lesgif.gif (2MB, 625x340px) Image search: [Google]
lesgif.gif
2MB, 625x340px
>>8043233
>stereotypes are bullshit who cares
>really who cares what people think

I was going to wait it out but lets jump in. I am not OP. I am a "transbian", and don't think I am anywhere close to the stereotypes. Think about it this way.

Sure, OP could go do something else with her time. However, she (like you) enjoys posting on this board. There is a lot of psychology out there saying when someone belittles you all the time and people say you are lesser just for being who you are, you eventually start to believe them. That is an issue. This board on a whole considers trans lesbians to be the lowest form of human being for absolutely no real reason.

Propagating the Translesbians are just out to have sex with/rape women, (Wolf in sheep's clothing) is no better than the arguments saying all transwomen are predators and shouldn't be allowed in the womens rooms to protect young women and ladies.

We all know better than that, but people decided to try and be divisive and create a hierarchy among the letters of the LGBT community. A hierarchy that places TL at the bottom.

Lets say you have blonde hair and everyone on the board is going on about how dumb blondes are and what disease ridden sluts they are. Your pretty smart though, and you don't think the stereotype has any basis.

You post a picture or something and people see the blond hair and immediately start bashing you, "Look a filthy blonde!" "I might be shit but at least I am not a blonde!" "This pathetic blonde thinks it is a real person."

Just bullshit. Well that is what it is like being a trans lesbian on this board. I like women. I am a woman, but wasn't AFAB. I am still just another person. In particular I am a good person.

People talk about "being into anime" well there is a difference there too between the people who drag a cum soaked body pillow of thier wifu around and the person who can appreciate a Studio Ghibli film now and then.

tl;dr The sterotypes for trans lesbians need to stop!
>>
>>8043341
then just ignore them
if they treat you like shit because of stupid shit like that, then fuck them, you don't need their approval to live
>>
>>8043467
The point is we have been trying to ignore them. They are shoved in your face everywhere you look on this board that talks about transpeople, and we shouldn't have to deal with it.

I don't need strangers approval to live, but I am not asking for approval. I am asking for a secession of the constant blind hate we get subjected to.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.