[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are trans people so happy to perpetuate harmful gender roles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: emoji_ponderingsmiley.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
emoji_ponderingsmiley.png
53KB, 256x256px
Why are trans people so happy to perpetuate harmful gender roles?
>>
>>8026684
Because we are part of the patriarchy mtf were once male and ftm become male
>>
wtf i hate trans people now
>>
>>8026684
the patriarchy is good so >>8026687

by getting back in the kitchen mtfs set a good example for women. if they don't like it they should man up, stop bitching and go ftm.
>>
>>8026684
harmful how?
>>
>>8026684
Because MtF's don't actually care about what happens to real women.
>>
>>8026684
>perpetuating
>harmful gender roles
You should check if you have brain tumors.
>>
Lots of women follow gender roles
>>
>>8026716
we're realer than cis 'women'
>>
>>8026716
Ok? Except I do.
>>
>>8026716
Haha what?
>>
>>8026778
why tho?
>>
File: 1490962125947.jpg (73KB, 513x703px) Image search: [Google]
1490962125947.jpg
73KB, 513x703px
>>8026684
Because they are jewish puppets
>>
>>8026773
>realer than cis women
>wide shoulders
>weird tits
>weird voices
>manly facial structure
>no hips or ass
>no female reproductive organs
I guess the only thing I can give you on being "realer" is that MtFs manage to be crazier than women on average, and they don't even get periods.
>>
>>8026837
we've got better, more feminine personalities
>>
>>8026837
Three or four of those things don't apply to me, so whatever
>>
>>8026847
woot, early transitioner!
>>
File: 1472155524691.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1472155524691.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>8026840
>>
>>8026684
Which 'harmful' gender roles?
>>
>>8027131
women getting zero responsibility and the world resting on men's shoulders.
>>
>>8026684
because gender roles turn me on

becoming a womanly woman who is dominated by a real man is my fetish
>>
File: 16.gif (492KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
16.gif
492KB, 480x228px
>>8026840
>we've got better, more feminine personalities

>>8027311
>because gender roles turn me on
>>
>>8027309
Not sure if sarcasm or feminist.

If feminist: Go get a job in construction, you cunt. Or science. Or medicine. Or politics. You're free to do so if you live in the West. Gender Studies or Liberal Arts is not an education.
>>
>>8027349
No, anti-feminist, my point is those are harmful stereotypes and women should do what you said.
>>
File: black-guys-laughing.gif (1MB, 175x131px) Image search: [Google]
black-guys-laughing.gif
1MB, 175x131px
>>8026764
>Lots of women follow gender roles

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
>>
>>8026684
They're happy to be validated, even at the expense of others.
>>
>>8027421
>this mangina thinks women don't have men do all the work
>>
>>8026755
Its another >gender is just what your brain happens to do independent of society

>>8026837
>>8027321
Holy shit, are you a girl? I love it when real girls bully trannies

tell me about how fun it is to have a vagina please
>>
>>8026684
Because in order to determine that you are trans, you think: >there are things that make a woman and things that make a man, and I fit better with the things that make the opposite gender, so I should transition
So you're buying into gender roles, which means you're more likely to purpetuate them.
>>
>>8027395
>anti-feminist
>women should go to jobs in science and politics

what is this
>>
>>8027637
if women want equality they should go act like men and get real jobs, not bitching about quotas or studying gender studies. if they don't they should shut up and get back in the kitchen and accept not having the same rights as men.
>>
>>8027634
That's not how it works.

>be trans
>hate having a male body because I identify as female
>women don't have dicks
>get SRS
>women have tits
>go on HRT + possibly a boob job
>women don't have an Adams Apple
>get a tracheal shave
>women's voices are typically higher/lighter/softer
>train to sound like a woman
>certain facial features are not typical of human females
>get FFS

Everything else is preference. I like long hair. I hate dresses/skirts. My room is pink. I also have a collection of firearms. I wear makeup and build models of Navy warships for fun. I do what I want while physically transitioning as close to a woman as technologically possible in the year 2017. Get fucked.
>>
>>8027660
I don't see why that's necessarily the case, that's like if I said "if the rest of men want equality they should go own land not bitching about universal male suffrage"

The question over whether someone should have the political ability of voting is not about whether they do more domestic or public work.

And all the gender studies classes and things like that are useful research that helps with strategic planning against patriarchal institutions
>>
>>8027680
If everything but the body is just preference, why do trans people universally changed name and pronouns?
>>
>>8027682
not wasting my time talking to a feminazi. bye bigot.
>>
>>8027689
Because I like my new name better and I'm a woman now, so why would I want to be called he/him/his?
>>
>>8026684
Please don't think that tumblr is equal to real trans people. Real trans people realize that they are ill, and seek treatment, which is transition. They perpetuate healthy, conservative gender roles. FtMs are masculine, and MtFs are feminine in the traditional sense of the word.

Tumblr is cancer we need to nuke, and we should invent a new word to split real trans people from tubmlr transtenders.
>>
>>8027689
>Why do social animals care about how they fit into the society?
>>
>>8027694
Not buying it. We've both read enough accounts of being trans to know name and pronouns induce dysphoria in people. You are guaranteed to want to be treated as a girl legally and socially too.

That's a core part of the dysphoria, not just some preference, otherwise trans people wouldn't care about pronouns, would changes their names as much as cis people, would wear the clothes of the other sex as much as cis people, wouldn't care about changing their legal gender, etc.

>>8027697
If you admit the social side isn't "just preference" then you're begging the question of how you know the physical dysphoria is the causal dysphoria and not the other way around.
>>
>>8027660
If having "rights" is conditional on "acting like men" or "getting real jobs", then they never were rights in the first place.

>>8027691
>you're a bigot for disagreeing with my retardation!
Not an argument, fuck off reverse SJW.
>>
>>8027810
>leftard
>defending rights
hypocrite!

>reverse SJW
lol
>>
>>8027810
hear hear
what women see as powerful and liberating, men often see as necessary
>>
File: 281.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>8027810
>Reverse SJW

Does that make him a 'Southern Justice Warrior'?
>>
>>8027717
Because what >>8027697 said is also true. Humans like fitting into their surroundings.

>how you know the physical dysphoria is the causal dysphoria and not the other way around.

Because I changed my name and still have dysphoria from having a dick attached to my body. Its less, the result of years of HRT, breast growth, other changes in physical appearance & legal name change, but still significantly present due to a penis where it shouldn't be.

The issue is the primary desire to be a female and therefore fit into society and be accepted as female, which may include a name change. I've heard of women with guy names like Charlie or Billy and men named Lindsey. Its up to the individual what they like.

Clothing/fashion is irrelevant preference (not all women wear dresses or makeup or long hair). Favorite color is preference (some women wear only all black). Hobbies is preference (some women hunt, some join the military).

Its merely a matter of being happy with oneself and being accepted as that. The end goal is typically blending in as normal. Only attention seeking trenders go out of their way to stand out and lash out at people (including other trans) who just want normalcy.
>>
>>8027853
kek! quite. but her*, please. i've still got some sjw in me.

>captcha southnay southdel
wew now that's a coincidence.
>>
Oh look another thread where everyone shits on everyone

Classic /LGBT/!
>>
>>8027847
emancipate men now!
>>
>>8027933
we'll settle for equal parental rights, and intact genitals

frankly the hole "we need women in ____" thing is a slap in the face to every working woman in history who made it on their own
>>
>>8027957
>we'll settle for equal parental rights, and intact genitals
no. no fucking way. that's just making a start. what about conscription? what about bias in sentencing? false rape accusations? workplace death gap? quotas? taxation/spending imbalance? life expectancy gap? female-only spaces?
>>
>>8028003
you're likely to get called a MRA spouting that kind of chatter
is that what you want?
>>
>>8028003
>workplace death gap
But that's just due to men choosing riskier jobs, just like women have lower wages on average because they prefer lower-paying careers. "Fixing it" would require either gender quotas for job categories, or having employers in safe careers going around killing their workers just to make things "equal".
>>
>>8028039
yes, any change requires forcing people to do things against their will

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
>>
>>8028046
So then the only reasonable thing to do is not try to "fix" the workplace death gap.
>>
>>8027928
it's /lgbt/ you faggot, all lowercase.
>>
>>8028054
that's sorta hard wired into men
they take more risks, it's just the way they are

no doubt that if men didn't need to work as hard, they wouldn't risk as much
but there will always be work to do, so I don't think it's a problem that can be fixed
>>
>>8028039
>choosing
being forced into
>>
>>8028088
no, they CHOOSE to work for the unborn baby they didn't want, or they CHOOSE to go to prison :^)
>>
>>8028088
Not any more than women are "forced into" lower-paying careers. Either you believe social norms affect people, or you don't, but you can't go around saying they deprive one gender of their agency but not the other.
>>
>>8028131
>but you can't go around saying they deprive one gender of their agency but not the other.
where did you read that?
>>
>>8028141
>>8028088 is saying that men are "forced into" dangerous jobs, which is inconsistent unless they ALSO believe that women are "forced into" low-paying jobs.
>>
>>8026684

Because they're not in any way harmful you fucked up snowflake.
>>
>>8028561
then he's a retard. even forgetting the quotas and other special treatment women get to change that.
>>
>>8028561
Actually, they ARE both funneled into those jobs, just like brown people are funneled into field work and working at McDonald's. It's how our society functions.
>>
>>8029008
t. agp hon
>>
>>8029021
[citation needed]
>>
>>8026716
true.

>>8026773
sure you are chris chan.
>>
>Harmful gender roles

Only one gender gets harmful gender roles - men.
Women's gender role is to literally have someone else take care of them. How the fuck is that harmful? Unless you're getting fucking beaten on the daily, having someone else go to work for you and spend his money on you is the exact opposite of harmful.
>>
>>8029107
It harms them mentally by turning them into incapable, useless non-adults.
>>
>>8029113
The majority of women are like this anyway.
>>
>>8029139
Because they are raised into that role of having someone else take care of them instead of seeing the need to have responsibility and independence.
>>
>>8026840
agp confirmed.
>>
File: 1476976709944.jpg (23KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1476976709944.jpg
23KB, 450x338px
>>8029139
>>
>>8029107
>How the fuck is that harmful?

Because when you turn 40 and nobody wants to support you anymore because your ass is sagging and you don't know how to do anything and you don't have any money and he locks you out of your bank account and takes back all your jewelry and throws you out into the street because he's fucking an 18 year old with a tight ass...

You need to get some skills and learn how to support yourself.
This whole Prince Charming meme is bullshit and you're an idiot if you think anyone is going to treat you like a goddess when they can just buy a talking sex doll.
pic related
>>
>>8029147
This. In high school the smartest people were girls who had good progressive families. Straight males were literally all trash.
>>
because its your problem if you think they are portraying gender roles entirely. everything is simple when you realize it is addressing gender dysphoria. but then you cant ask myopic questions.
>>
>>8029212
how did you know?!
>>
>>8029266
40 and not married lol. Sure fuck around while you're young but you can find a partner before 40 otherwise you might as well kys
>>
>Why are trans people so happy to perpetuate harmful gender roles?

i'm not happy to do that and so i follow my heart and act how i want, dress how i want, and take what medical treatments make me feel more at ease, which leads me to look like a "special snowflake" to society because I won't "pick a side" and this somehow means I should be exterminated, because I wont follow the stupid ass gender roles that change from culture to culture and from time period to time period and instead just do what makes me feel most comfortable. Fellow trans people give me shit for this, cis people give me shit for it, I can't just fly by the radar as I would prefer to because I have to live in the world and people feel compelled to tell you what box to choose and to ask you 20 questions about what made you how you are when they see you look different, but im too old at this point to fucking care, I just want to be comfortable and if someone thinks I should die for that then this planet is too fucked for me to live on it anymore. I hope future generations can just live how they want to without assholes trying to fucking kill them for not submitting themselves completely to random old fucked up social rules that nobody ever follows perfectly anyway

>>8027689
>If everything but the body is just preference, why do trans people universally changed name and pronouns?

because if they dont then they have to live like i have just described, on public display for everyone around them to ask them why their name and appearance dont match or why they dare use a certain set of pronouns if they dont look like they match it or to just fucking attack and kill them because it makes it obvious they are trans. its just simpler if you want to live a normal life without people stopping you constantly to see your ID and ask whats in your pants and whatever else
>>
>>8029285
lolnope. progressive families make girls just as useless as others.
>>
>>8027464
literally this
>>
>>8026684
Because they're all misogynists.
>>
>trans women acts masculine
>you aren't even trying
>trans woman acts feminine
>reinforcing sexism
>>
File: 1480344110979.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1480344110979.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>8026684

Because that's literally what they identify to be; rejecting their original gender they create some hyper-exaggerated cartoon of what they think the opposite gender to be, and then strive to emulate that ''ideal''. That's literally what being trans is.
>>
>>8026684
Because gender roles aren't harmful in the slightest. We live in a society where there are no legal reprocussions to not adhering to them anyway so what's the fuss? I can adhere to gender roles if I want to. I can't u derstand how that's harming anyone.
>>
>>8033035
Are you talking about straight or lesbian trans people?
>>
>>8033087
Half the posts in this thread outline harm caused by gender roles.
>>
Speak for yourself, I don't give a shit what kind of men/women other people want to be. Just because I fall at about average masculinity compared to most cis guys doesn't mean I think there's some iron-pumping eats-nails-for-breakfast represses-all-feelings definition of masculinity that needs to be enforced.

> why male pronouns
Because that's what makes me comfortable. Like I said, comparable to your average cis guy, not some weird overcompensating ideal.

I think it's more of a trans woman problem (although I've definitely seen trans men who spend all their time at the gym), because they get hit with the double-edged sword of "not trying" or "not being real" if they're tomboyish in any way-- a friend of mine mostly wore girl's hoodies and skinny jeans, only wore makeup and dresses when going out, and played a lot of videogames and people gave her a lot of shit despite the fact that my cis girlfriend is exactly the same way. So they're kind of stuck with this idea of the 1950s housewife that's damaging to both them and the feminist movement.
>>
>>8033114
I should add that it wasn't even like she was playing Halo or Dark Souls or anything stereotypically masculine, she mostly liked JRPGs and shit like Animal Crossing. Exactly what you know, you'd expect a nerdy girl to like. And she acted like your average girl, but because she didn't change her interests to makeup and boys, doctors were horrible to her.
>>
>>8033114
>>8033122
What you describe are the harmful gender roles. But they're reinforced AGAINST trans people, like your friend.

Very sad that it was doctors who were horrible to her for it. What did they do or say to her?
>>
Society rejects me, I make a mockery of society. TWISTED
>>
>>8026684
Who cares? People can act how they want. Someone wearing a frilly skirt isn't going to push society towards a more sexist standard.
And even if it did, that wouldn't matter. Someone should have the freedom to express themselves however they want.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.