[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

indulge me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wonder-woman-435-4.jpg (157KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
wonder-woman-435-4.jpg
157KB, 435x580px
If you were having a child through IVF treatment and found that the embryo this month meant the child would be born infertile would you delay the pregnancy until next month`s embryo? On a seperate occasion you find out the embryo will be LG or T would you delay the pregnancy? Honestly speaking I probably would in both cases just because I want life to be as plain sailing as possible for any kid but I`d love to get some other opinions even trolls are welcome to vent.
>>
>>8020835
i've thought about this, because i'm a trans man and some traits i have imply i have strong genetic loading for specifically hsts (the 'gender-non-conforming from young age, attracted to natal sex' type of transsexualism) ftm transsexualism, and it's possible i would end up with a girl with similar traits (a disproportionate number of girls who are willing to date trans guys are things like bisexual or autistic)
the caveat of the research on producing sperm from natal females is that if it goes through trans men will only be able to have daughters (barring something very rare like de la chapelle syndrome) because all the sperm will be x-chromosomed, unless somehow we figure out how to break through that problem (maybe not impossible, see: https://madgenderscience.miraheze.org/wiki/RNA_Interference_with_FOXL2_and_DMRT1)
ideally i want sons, and if no breakthrough-from-a-breakthrough is found, my best option is to maximize the chance i have a child with the same condition as me
i have considered the ethics/extreme lack thereof of this on a lot of occasions
>>
>>8020869
That's extremely unethical. I hope if you ever go through with this and your child turns out to be trans, she'll learn about it and hate you forever.
>>
I'm a lesbian and nothing would make me happier than a lesbian daughter. My second choice would be a straight son, then a gay son, then a straight daughter because I don't want my child to have to deal with men's shit, especially as a woman.
I wouldn't want a trans kid just because I don't want them to be miserable. Although I guess if we knew before they were even born we could be prepared and raise them as their preferred gender from the start. So maybe it'd be good for the kid.
>>
>>8020897
*he
i fundamentally agree with you; at the same time, my son's condition wouldn't actually be the same as my own due to the magic of early intervention (which i attempted, but living-somewhere-where-it-was-mostly-illegal meant i was part of the way through puberty when i actually transitioned)
i spend a lot of time thinking about medical ethics in general, so this is not a new concept for me
>>
>>8020869
>de la chapelle syndrome
wow, thanks for your thoughts, never posted on 4chan before and thought the LGBT section was a place for 14 year old trolls.
Can I clarify what you are saying? It`s a lot to digest. You said you are concerned to end up with a girl who has similar traits to yourself can you be a bit more specific in layman`s terms? I didn`t get what you meant by a disproportionate number of girls who are willing to date trans guys are things like bisexual or autistic.
Also are you saying the reason you so strongly want sons is to have a child that is the most "normal"? I think that`s the moral side I want to unpick and I`m so glad I came here as I can`t imagine anyone has thought about this more practically than someone in your situation. (Forgive the hyperbole, I`m drunk)
>>
Do you mean they`ll have a trans boy and she`ll hate her? or they`ll have a trans girl and they`ll hate her?
>>
>>8020932
Thanks, love the idea of preping from the start, nice idea for a short story, couples can genetically determine their kid was going to turn out a racist and can start preping from the start, only buying black Barbies etc but in the end they can`t change him and he lives a life tortured by his parents shoving the thing he is predisposed to hate.
I digress. My original question included the bit about fertility, does this come into the equation in any way?
>>
>>8020964
i'm ftm
transsexualism is more than one condition, and the one i have hems a bit closer to the 'classic' profile (always been masculine, only attracted to women, etc)
that specific condition in trans men also has a strong association with the autism spectrum (https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/autistic-sky/), which i am on
homosexuality and the variant of transsexualism i have are also strongly connected to the point they may be different society's treatment of the same thing (in individualist societies most gender-non-conforming homosexuals live as their natal sex, while in collectivist societies most of them transition), though in each society some people will prove exceptions (and exceptions on my end, people with that phenotype transitioning in individualist societies, seem to be exponentially increasing in prevalence)
it is much more common than the general population for me to have an ftm son, and it is possible i could intentionally maximize the chance of this by seeking out a bisexual/autistic/tomboy gf (and those traits are unusually common in cis women who date trans men, so it'd probably be harder to find someone without them) because those are sort of on the same etiological spectrum
i could of course also intentionally minimize it with the opposite situation
my bias for sons over daughters is because i am not in a position to deny psychological differences between the genders, and i would have an easier time raising and getting along with a boy than a girl
>>
>>8021012
should have said 'much more likely for me to have an ftm son' rather than 'much more common'
>>
>>8021016
>https://sillyolme.wordpress.com/2014/09/21/autistic-sky/

thanks a lot, it has really helped me out and I hope you do have that boy.
>>
>>8024165
>hoping a child has to go through being trans
>>
>>8024165
>it has really helped me out
How?
>>
>>8020869
>'gender-non-conforming from young age, attracted to natal sex' type of transsexualism
i think that's actually called homosexuality.
>>
>>8027008
lrn2typology
that's part of it. it's a more extremely gnc version of being gay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.