[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the 2020 Census matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1490692310187.jpg (30KB, 653x434px) Image search: [Google]
1490692310187.jpg
30KB, 653x434px
I've seen LGBT people crying about not having a sexual preference checkbox in the Census with big tears of "TRUMP ERASING ME!" like they're not going to be in the census at all.

I'm not american, my country has gay marriage, and our census doesn't care about your sexual preference. Tell me why this is an issue beyond the symbolic level, /lgbt/.
>>
It betrays trumps feelings towards homos
Hes disgusted by gays probably and disgusted by trannies certainly
It just doesnt bode well for our treatment improving in the next 4 years is all
>>
>>8017736
What dude hes putting across the message the government doesnt need to know your sexuality its fucking irrelevant. Its a good thing it means they dont give a shit, its a non issue for them. Your whole personality and existance shouldnt be based on who you fuck, who you fucks or want to fuck isnt the governments business.
>>
>>8017753
the government should care about your sexually if it has real, consistent, negative consequences on the lives of its citizens

I would be cool with the government not caring about trannies if we werent getting murdered specifically for being trans at an unnaturally high rate
>>
>>8017736
So, symbolic. Anything else?
>>
>>8017813
>I would be cool with the government not caring about trannies if we werent getting murdered specifically for being trans at an unnaturally high rate

"In 2016, the murders of 27 transgender people were reported, making it the deadliest year on record for trans people".

A whole 27 trannies were murdered. Clearly an unnaturally high rate.
>>
>>8017431
It means the government doesn't have as accurate data about the numbers of LGBT people, which is important for things like fighting AIDS among MSM.
>>
>>8017837
Thats the reported number
It is surely much higher than that
Idk why you're trying to rip on trannies by insinuating we aren't trated poorly by society compared to normal ppl, i understand not liking trans ppl but thats just not a productive line of criticism
Niggers hare trannies and if youre black amd trans ur basically guaranteed to livw a shitty life pretty much solely at the hamds of their own community
From your own article:
>While the report notes there were at least 21 murders of transgender people this year, McBride told NBC OUT the number could possibly be higher -- and she said accurate data regarding anti-LGBTQ hate crimes is needed in order to fight back against this type of violence.

>"Reports of fatal violence against transgender people are routinely silenced, made invisible, underreported and undercounted," said HRC President Chad Griffin and TPOCC Director Kylar W. Broadus in a joint statement included in the report.

If youre going to rip on trannies just say you dont care they get murdered dont pretend it isnt happening
>>
>>8017893
I'm not pretending anything, and I'm not ripping against trannies. You brought up the "unnatural rates", and yet rely on "well we just don't know, so rates must be astronomical", say associations based on nothing. "Routinely silenced" doesn't mean there's no record of them, even if it happens.

>>8017891
... But you already have on record how many people have been diagnosed with AIDS, why is it important to know how many gay people there are to fight AIDS?
>>
>>8017893
[ C I T A T I O N N E E D E D ]
>>
>>8017923
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1359178909000202
Idk why you think this is a productive line of argument, it should be a fairly straightforward conclusion to assume that given that there is a pervasive dislike of trans people im multiple segments of our society that rates of violence against trans ppl wpuld be higher and lo and behold the data holds up
The issue is there are plenty of documented cases of trans woken being murdered then their deaths being reported as the murder of a man because they are poor negroes who cant afford a name change, it makes it eben harder when their christ cuck nigger families see them as their sons still and wont stick up for them to defend their idemtities even in death so ghey fall through the cracks. This is why better numbers on who actually is trans are important
>>
>>8017893
>Niggers hare trannies
I mean, sure, 18 out of the 27 trans killed in 2016 were black. But it sounds to me like a black issue. Blacks are statistically very into killing blacks in general.
>>
>>8017923
Because gay people are more at risk of AIDS, so more gays = more information campaigns to remind people to use condoms, etc.
>>
>>8017955
And how do you determine who is trans then in a Census? Do you have to be post-op? Can you declare to be trans without having a professional certify you suffer from dysphoria? How does the Census fix this?
>>
>>8017957
Black culture is being poisoned by an unhealthy version of masculinity and it shows in how they treat gay and trans people
>>
>>8017431
Because without federal data on how many LGBT people there are out there, it's impossible to determine if anti-discrimination laws are being enforced appropriately, and it's impossible to determine if LGBT people have fair access to public resources and services.
>>
>>8017974
Self identificatiom
The absurd level of nitpicking and debating things that should be obvious kinda proves the original point, ypu people look for any opportunity to disparage trans people and make their lives more difficult whenever the opportunity presents itself. How does the government getting an approximate understanding of how many trans americans there are negatively affect you in any way?
>>
>>8017957
>Blacks are statistically very into killing blacks in general.
And also into killing whites, and white trans people.
>>
>>8017990
Fuck off. If this is the reason then those laws/services should be got rid of and the census shouldn't mention LGBT.
>>
>>8018007
Isn't the whole census done by self-id anyway?
For example, you don't have meet a minimum number of Sundays spend in church to be able to claim yourself as Christian or have to be able to prove on paper you're 75%+ black to say you're black or any weird qualifiers like that.
>>
>>8017990
>it's impossible to determine if anti-discrimination laws are being enforced appropriately
... I still don't get why a census helps in this. What does the number of LGBT people tell you about how antidiscrimination law is applied? The best way you have to know that is if these people report that it's not being applied.

>it's impossible to determine if LGBT people have fair access to public resources and services
Such as? I don't know your services and public resources in the US that make distinctions for LGBT people, so I don't get what you mean.
>>
>>8018022
Anti-discrimination laws shouldn't be a thing at all? Public services of all types shouldn't exist? Simply because the government wants to keep statistics on how many minorities are out there?
>>
>>8017431
It deprives us of current statistics with which to further the trans narrative. Beyond that, lgbt people who already resent Trump for sounding like a narcissistic child (they perceive him as such in spite of whatever your views are) consider it an insult.
>>
It's easy to treat your minorities poorly when you don't even have to acknowledge their existence.
>>
>>8018007
"You people". I mean, you brought up this line of reasoning, I was only asking. I find your sexual orientation mostly irrelevant. I live in a country that has had gay marriage for more than a decade and we don't have an LGBT census, and nobody asked for one. It's a legitimate question, seeing how furious people have gotten.

In any case, if you guys say it works with self-identification, the census seems even more pointless to me.
>>
>>8018068
???
There is no incentive to lie on a census, self identification based censuses are the only sensible and financially reasonable way to do this kind of evaluation
It matters in the US because we treat our minorities poorly compared to whateber country you live in
It will stop mattering when we actually treat our least well off citizens poorly; ignoring the problem entirely is counterproductive and this move by the trump presidency is a step in the wrong direction. See >>8018067
>>
>>8018101
Or you get a bunch of pointless data because in this day and age just about every other transtrender coming from Tumblr will tell you they're trans when they're not.
>>
>>8017431
The census is used to draw voting districts, which ideally are used to ensure proper representation. If you are a politician running in an exceptionally queer district, then you should be privy to that information so that you can legislate accordingly.
>>
>>8018047
Yes, yes, no.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.