[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we ever got to the point where transgender people could be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: transperson.jpg (113KB, 800x1068px) Image search: [Google]
transperson.jpg
113KB, 800x1068px
If we ever got to the point where transgender people could be genetically fixed to their correct gender before birth, would it be more ethical to make their mind conform to their body or their body conform to their mind?

Obviously when trans people are born they need to transition to the gender of their mind, but if you could make sure these two things consistent before birth, which gender would be, ethically speaking, the right one?
>>
>>8017192
The former for group 1, the latter for group 3.
>>
>>8017192
When did Christopher Poole get a sex change?
>>
>>8017247
When he decided it was time someone else carried his luggage.
>>
>>8017192
Gene therapy is something we have already accomplished.

Xenu mind controll Rays are just some science fiction tech that only the mentally ill would consider feasible
>>
>>8017247
stale joke
>>
>>8017192
Assuming that in this entirely hypothetical situation, both are just as easily achievable, I see no reason not to just go with body conforming to mind. After all, that's what most trans people would choose if they had these options, just to become a cis member of their gender identity.
>>
>>8017329
Only kinda, the cells adapt to the viruses and the viruses mutate.
>>
>>8017192
Body to mind
mind to body would mean modifying the sense of self, which is sorta unethical in my opinion
>>
>>8018312
But that's the point, at this stage of development they don't have a sense of self yet. It's like selecting mental traits by choosing which fertilized egg to turn into a person.
>>
>>8017192
the only transsexualism likely to be detectable before birth is hsts, and in that case it's more logical for body to match mind
if a*p is detectable before birth...well, that'll be a hell of a controversy that i'm still not sure what i think about it
>>
>>8019131
Why do you people act like AGP/HSTS is a real thing and not just a meme
>>
>>8019135
>you people
it's my fault that a*p/hsts became a meme on the board in the first place, i introduced it to them and they ruined it
the typology is the only logical conclusion anyone who's reviewed the scientific literature on transsexualism (and especially the brain structure research) can come to
but /tttt/ is fucking retarded and useless and ruined everything i gave to them
>>
>>8018504
That would make it ethical to make super soldiers, out of babies.
>>
>>8019150
But everything you say, such as AGP being men in all ways, especially neurologically can only logically lead to those conclusions. And mean they shouldn't get sympathy.

Why don't you explain why that's not the case rather than acting this way?
>>
>>8017192
that would be inhumane because gender dysphoria is a mental illness that usually is caused by traumatic events
>>
>>8018312
Agreed
>>
>>8017192
Bye it bothers me how that person in the op pic can be so shameless
>>
>>8019166
>not wanting the best for your sons and daughters
>>
>>8019307
What do you mean?
>>
>>8017192
>xy
you didn't have to tell us
>>
>>8019521
is she a hon?
>>
>>8019508
They want trans women who don't pass or don't look beautiful to stay in the closet or in permaboymode.
>>
>>8019508
They're basically a hon and they normalize/take pride in doing something that causes women and others discomfort.

Even if you weren't a hon there would never be a point in pride for this.
>>
>>8019530
Their head is so overwhelmingly obviously a man head it hurts. And they're probably huge and unnerve women by barging in.
>>
>>8019528
cover her face with your hand from the bottom of the nose down and you'll see the problem with most mtf's passing.
>>
>>8019535
>that causes women and others discomfort.
boo hoo poor wittle cissy women
>>
>>8019549
I did as you said and honestly can't see it. Maybe it's because I'm not trans so I don't have that trans vision, but the upper face doesn't look that bad. Her jaw is a big heavy, but I wonder if I'd clock her based on that alone.
>>
>>8019549
Most of the people here have small bones their and it isn't a problem. Ffs could easily make the small skulls great.

That person was just man headed
>>
>>8019610
I'm glad we have someone on the board that's personally measured everyones bones
>>
>>8019549
Stop using 'her' for what we established is a hon
>>
>>8019625
I mean, it's a fucking man in a bra when we're getting down to it, I just didn't feel the need to be the rude person since my point was about something specific
>>
>>8019610
How do you know she's man headed? Seriously, I just can't see it. Why do trannies look into things that no other person will ever take notice of?

t. cis person
>>
>>8019643
Then let's just hope the new political climate made him less in your face.
>>
>>8019661
zer probably had a gofundme project to pay for xe's jaw shaving surgery and is a productive invisible member of society now.
>>
>>8019131
why wouldn't a*p be detectable before birth too? and why would it be controversial?
>>
>>8019648
Because we don't see ourselves as normal and will go to great lengths to find things that aren't normal about us.
>>
we are our brains, doesn't really make sense to change who we are to fit with out bodies, you might as well kill the baby and start again, either way a different person is being born.
>>
>>8020365
>>8018504
>>
>>8020377
well being trans probably isn't even a genetic thing, much more likely to be to do with having a resistance to, or for some other reason not being exposed to one type of sex hormone, causing the brain to either be constructed in a male way in transmen and a female way in transwomen. If your brain hasn't grown yet then you're not really male or female or trans or cis.
>>
>>8017192
You can't detect transsexualism before birth, it's obviously something that develops through experiences just like homosexuality
>>
>>8020272
the controversy will be, essentially, 'should we make more gender-non-conforming gay people?' because that's what a*ps become when they transition
especially given that, in a world where hstses are transitioned prenatally, there will be *very* few gnc gay adults
>>
>>8020449
>'should we make more gender-non-conforming gay people?'
why not?
>>
>>8017192
I think the general consensus is that the 'mind' is the self and the body is a vessel, so changing the 'mind' is eradicating the self and replacing it with another, whereas changing the body is just changing the vessel, therefore changing the body would be the more ethical approach
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.