[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make long distance relationships work out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: spurd.jpg (7KB, 200x166px) Image search: [Google]
spurd.jpg
7KB, 200x166px
Is it possible to make long distance relationships work out?

A few months ago in a bout of loneliness I went to go try and meet someone using /soc/. A few people tried adding me and I ultimately found another man who I wound up caring about and cares about me in return. We enjoy each other's company and want to date each other, but there are a few problems:
>we live several states apart, enough to where plane rides are the only realistic ways of meeting (until someone moves)
>neither of us has come out as bi to our families
>I don't personally have a car or a driver's license (still go to college so I don't really need one yet)
>parents are extremely protective of me
Is there any way to make this work out? I was planning on finding a way to persuade my parents to let me go on a plane trip over the summer to where he lives and try meeting that way to see if we enjoy each other's company even in person.

Do you have any advice to help make this work out? Is there anything that I should do?
>>
>>8011871
Be weary of long distance relationships op, they work for some and dont for others like myself, really all I can tell you is dont expect much unless you really know he loves you.
>>
>>8011871
They can work, but it's dedication. Let me tell you, it's a lot easier when you're both autistic virgins.

t. autistic virgin in an LDR that I'm trying my damn best to make into a long lasting normal relationship
>>
>>8011960
>Let me tell you, it's a lot easier when you're both autistic virgins.
This is somewhat promising
We're both virgins and neither of us is any good at talking to people or communicating with others
>>
Do it OP. I'm in one and it's great. Currently on my way to the airport to see her really really soon. Of course it needs more dedication than a nearby relationship, but there are ways to hold it together. Just Skype and talk enough, and visit each other as much as possible.

But just try to visit each
other soon, check if it works out well in person as well. As said above here be careful though, but if you're both really liking each other and you both really want to go for it, why not go for it?
>>
>>8011871
Only if you can visit each other regularly, and move to be together quickly, AND your time zones and cultures match up.
> Few states away
Get on a fucking bus.
>>
>>8014367
By bus it'd take a little over a day to get there
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.