[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your views on children transitioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: coveravery.jpg (1MB, 2063x3000px) Image search: [Google]
coveravery.jpg
1MB, 2063x3000px
What are your views on children transitioning?
>>
>>8008172
!!! PEDOPHILE SPAMMER ALERT !!!
>>
>>8008179
>national geographic
>peadophillia
no, why are you so afraid of this topic? Got something to hide?
>>8008183
This is my view. It's becoming normalized now and it's highly problematic.
>>
>>8008172
Proof that LGBT is a jewish plot for degeneracy desu.
>>
>>8008172
I don't think people under 18 should be transitioning
partly because I have no idea how those hormones and surgeries could affect their still growing body
partly because they are not yet ready to make such an impactful decision with their undeveloped brain

but I have no problem with giving them puberty blockers; they do not seem to have any negative effects
>besides blocking puberty, obv.
>>
>>8008209
This
>ut I have no problem with giving them puberty blockers; they do not seem to have any negative effects
What if they realize they didn't want to become a girl when they get a little older and are better able to make independent decisions?
>>
>>8008214
Puberty blockers are completely reversible.

>>8008209
>partly because I have no idea how those hormones and surgeries could affect their still growing body

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2014/09/02/peds.2013-2958
http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567%2816%2931941-4/fulltext
>>
>>8008172

Child abuse.

Children can't consent to sex or make any other adult decision, but they can decide that their subjective identity expression is one that doesn't properly correlate with their outward biological expression and fully communicate this with no problem. Yeah ok.

There are adults that don't fully grasp this concept yet everyone jumps at the chance to let kids do it and then treat it as an objective truth because a 9 year old says something that properly correlates with their political agenda. It's disgusting.
>>
>>8008172
Keeps tranny genes out of the pool and makes them more passable, I support.
If you or your parents are suggestible enough to transition because they saw nicole maines on a magazine cover, you shouldn't be reproducing either.
>>
>>8008267
>aappublications
This is an organization that endorses circumcision.
>>
File: watamote 06.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watamote 06.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>8008267
>Puberty blockers are completely reversible.
Yeah cos testostorone does nothing for muscle mass and body development.
>>8008274
this
>>8008281
>tranny genes
It's not a genetic trait.
>>8008286
This
>>
>>8008302
I know this is surprising but there are people out there who don't start puberty until they're 15/16, you could block a childs puberty until then (or whatever an actual doctor would determine is safe and healthy) and then ask them then.
>>
>>8008326
So they are in the minority
I started at like 12. Look at the OP the kid is about 9. That is the problem
>>
>>8008337
Diet has a major influence on puberty. A few centuries ago the average age of puberty onset was like 15-16. Nothing bad will happen by delaying puberty for some people to that age.
>>
>>8008353
Your dodging the point
It does cause harm to body development prior to the age of 18. In some cases very young kids start on it, who is allowing/influencing that decision?
>>
>>8008337
yes, the child is about 9 and so puberty is not really a concern. If it were my child, I'd let a doctor handle it. and by "it" I mean determining when puberty should start to be blocked.
In the mean time, there's no harm in letting a literal child dress up in whatever way they fucking feel like, and if when they're 14-16 they realize they actually don't mind being a male then they can get off the blockers and start puberty and be healthy and fine.
Or if they say that they're still trans then they never had to go through male puberty.

I'm not seeing where the downside lies in this scenario.
>>
>>8008383
What is 14-16 bullshit?
Most people start puberty at 11/12.
>>
>>8008369
doctors
puberty blockers were actually developed and created because some kids went into puberty too early/ at an age at which they were mentally and/or physically not able to handle such a big change
>>
>>8008389
Yes, most people do. But it doesn't mean anything bad will happen if you start it a bit later.
>>
>>8008172
idc
>>
That looks like one of 'em Equestria Girl bitches, but smaller and kinda constipated.
>>
>>8008172
he's like 12 and I can already clock him
>>
>>8008172
child abuse
>>
>>8008389
Your reading comprehension needs improvement.
Yes, the normal age for puberty is around 12.
However, there are people who naturally don't start puberty until they're considerably older than that (14-16) They are what people call "late bloomers" and their late start into puberty doesn't harm them in any meaningful way (at least not health-wise, socially it can be crippling)

SO the point that was being made is it would not be physically harmful to block a child's puberty until they are old enough to make a decision regarding their gender.
>>
>>8008267
except if they change their mind they'll be a 5'5, 90lb """man"""

that sure won't cause any body issues
especially when it was preventable
>>
>>8008850
and if they don't change mind they might become 6'2, 150lb women
that sure won't cause any body issues
especially whe it was preventable
>>
>>8008413
Besides stunted growth. Have fun being a 5'6" man because you hit puberty at the same age as a half starved medieval peasant.
>>
File: 1490187848294.jpg (20KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1490187848294.jpg
20KB, 500x404px
>>8008867
>150lb
Now I reeeeally feel like shit at 6'0 250lbs.
>>
>>8008209
>I have an opinion about something I'm completely uneducated, and oblivious, about
Do us a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>8008172
It's obviously great.
>>
>>8008850
>>8008887
Can you prove that delayed puberty actually has any effects on development? From what I can find they develop the same as anyone else, just at a later date.
>>
>>8008887
You'll end up taller.

That's why you should aim to go on hormones at around 12-14 for mtfs. For ftms, you may delay it to gain some height, before tesosterone.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 471x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 471x700px
>>8008850
They grow taller because blockers. Just look at pejic.
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 1136x640px
>>8008172
>>8008192

Reminder that OP is a crazy pervert who admits to lusting over little girls.

Sage and report this freak. Kick him out of 4chan once and for all!
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1136x640px
>>8008172
>>8008192
Reminder he's oozed about how he loves little girls in disgusting detail. While pushing his homophobic shit.

We do not acept pedophiles as a valid sexual orientation. Report and purge this freak.
>>
>>8008274
>Children can't consent to sex or make any other adult decision
Yeah we should ban all medical treatment for kids!
They and their parents and doctors just can't be trusted to make decisions about their medical care!

>>8008281
>>8008302
>>tranny genes
>It's not a genetic trait
Correct, our best guess right now is that it's epigenetic and set by hormone levels around the time they're in the womb since the observed neurological differences include structures that are set and non-plastic after around the time of leaving the womb.

>>8008369
You are dodging the point and projecting it on others.
>It does cause harm to body development prior to the age of 18
Wrong.
As people itt keep saying they're already used for children with hormonal issues and are considered very safe, in fact there's some evidence that a delayed puberty can actually be more healthy in many cases.

You've done nothing to show that they are harmful you just keep claiming they are without explanation or evidence and making a fallacious argument from incredulity of "they're just so young it CAN'T be safe" without actually showing that they are in any way unsafe.

>In some cases very young kids start on it, who is allowing/influencing that decision?
Their parents and usually multiple doctors and therapists who work with the children for an extended period before considering puberty blockers and even then the blockers aren't started until they actually get to the point that they would start going into puberty.

Your continued emotion appeals of "so very super young!" and "think of the kids!" do not constitute an argument against actual established medical practice and knowledge that these treatments are both safe and the most effective option.

>>8008850
>>8008887
see >>8009773 or just read some actual medical journals instead of just assuming your feels equal facts.

They literally grow taller, you retard.
>>
>>8008172
it's pure child abuse
>>
>>8010319
Is everything that rustles your jimmies child abuse?
>>
Young children really shouldn't be able to transition at all imo, but I think 16 year olds should be able to start hormones at their age.
>>
>>8010436
That's actually basically how it works.
The kids get lots of therapy and doctor visits and if everything seems in order then when they're going into puberty they get on blockers to give them and their parents and doctors even more time to make sure it's the right path and then at around 16 give or take a year or two depending on local procedures and other factors they're allowed to go on full hrt and begin to pursue surgery.
>>
>>8008172
sickening, truly
>>
>>8008172
Beaitiful, truly
>you'll never be a gender bending child triggering cuntservatives and uncle susans
>>
>>8008172
I wish my parents had let me do it.
>>
>>8012672
How did they justify stopping you?
>>
as a pedo i fully support puberty blockers and all that related shit.
thank you progressives.

but really, its a terrible idea to force nonsensical gender ideology on kids.
>>
>>8013035
>but really, its a terrible idea to force nonsensical gender ideology on kids.
So you support kids getting to choose their own gender, and allowing them to align their bodies to their chosen gender.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.