[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass effect adromeda trans character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: mass_effect_andromeda_wide_art_2.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mass_effect_andromeda_wide_art_2.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
thoughts? I have never played a mass effect game and I was hoping i could with this new game but apparently all the reviews I see are that the wrting is mediocre and the characters are all ugly and it seems like they shoehorn in alot of "progressive" stuff which I can tell especially when i saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sndUnqX04Qs

But since im new to the series and fairly conservative I see how its so shoe horned in when you compare it to how our society works currently, but maybe shes like that because the time she is living in the technology is so much better to transition and society has already elevated to a new level so worrying about pointless shit like trannies is so petty that trans people can just be open about themselves like it doesn't matter. And the reason I feel this is because when I am not acting confident and wait a bit to tell people then I have problems, however when I am just upfront with this its seen as not a big deal and Iv'e honestly had more chances for opportunity because of it.

To summarize I think if we compare it to current society yeah its shit and shoe horned in but when you look at it with the perspective of futuristic space where you can literally come across any ugly alien, meeting a tranny just seems normal to the point its casual as fuck.

Thoughts? I did watch lets play of the first few hours and I thought it was an ok space drama although like i said I'm new to it all and Iv'e never had a huge interest in sci fi so I don't know much to compare it to. Also what's up with all the weird blue people i find them annoying and ugly as fuck but other people are like attracted to them. lol
>>
File: image.jpg (418KB, 1229x1007px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
418KB, 1229x1007px
>>8000247
Bioware is shit desu I liked From Software and how they put in characters where it's just part of them rather than being some stock bioware character built just for that
>>
>>8000283
yeah I agree from software is really good when it comes to storytelling however i don't think gwyndolin is trans don't they still identify as male? just a super feminine one?
>>
File: dragon age.jpg (287KB, 1024x790px) Image search: [Google]
dragon age.jpg
287KB, 1024x790px
>>8000247
Bioware hasn't really made a good game since Dragon Age: Origins

Mass Effect 2 is ALRIGHT but even then they were slipping
>>
>>8000247
Bioware hasn't made a good game since BG2
>>
I don't like having my issues used to sell their products. Including lgbt+ in media is great, but doing it to virtue signal misses the point
>>
File: image.jpg (238KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238KB, 730x1095px
>>8000297
He's Femboy representation
Is Yorska's brother but wears dresses and has boyboobs
>>
>>8000298
>DA:O
>a good game
It was literal dogshit and so was ME1.
>>
File: zevran_by_sandara.jpg (713KB, 1150x813px) Image search: [Google]
zevran_by_sandara.jpg
713KB, 1150x813px
>>8000377
DA:O was fucking awesome and actually had an interesting gay romance option, practicually unheard of for an RPG in 2009.
>>
>>8000401
It was the most generic fantasy setting I've ever seen, not to mention shitty graphics and gameplay.

>gay romance
Don't give a fuck about that.
>>
>>8000416
>generic fantasy
Well, yeah.

>shitty graphics
The game looked great and had a good variety of landscapes/building interiors, unlike its cookie-cutter sequel

>gameplay
I fucking loved it, I don't know what to tell you.

>Don't give a fuck about that.
Well you should, a good RPG needs to have interesting characters and relationships between characters, including the romantic kind.
>>
>>8000432
>The game looked great
lolno, go play it again and compare the shitty textures to other vidya that got released that year.

> a good RPG needs to have interesting characters and relationships between characters, including the romantic kind
No, turning RPGs into dating simulators was the most cancerous move ever created. Only Witcher can pull that shit off.
>>
Nothing about the character feels trans at all. It is just a female voice actor, and a female character model who says "Once I worked in a lab and my name was Stephan"

Like no. There is no depth to that character. "I couldn't be who I really was then" Ok. cool. I have been given no reason to care about you, and unless I went looking I would never have even come across your dialogue tree.

Just fucking check-boxing is all this is.
>>
File: Everlasting Summer.png (2MB, 1166x687px) Image search: [Google]
Everlasting Summer.png
2MB, 1166x687px
>>8000450
>shitty textures
Maybe you're right. I just don't care about this desu. I play vanilla Dwarf Fortress.

>dating simulators
I've actually played Katawa Shoujo and Everlasting Summer, Anon. Trust me when I tell you that DA:O is nothing like a dating simulator game.
>>
>>8000468
I think I played maybe one Japanasese game in my entire lifetime and even that was shit (MGS).
>>
>>8000247
It seemed kinda weird to me that she was like "I left home because I didn't like my job or my old name, by the way my old name was Stephan"

Like, for one of the main side characters in the game I'd expect that learning that she's transgender would be something more down the road, like you looking at something addressed to Stephan and she has to be like "yeah... That was my old life" instead of "Hi Ryder, I'm a tranny, nice to meet you"

I would definitely say it's shoehorned in, especially for a Mass Effect game which (used) to pride itself on it's good storytelling.
>>
>>8000481
Despite the name and the story's setting, Katawa Shoujo isn't really a Japanese game. It was literally made by 4channers ("Four Leaf Studios". It is really just a CYOA high school romance story about a Japanese teenager at anademy for the disabled.

Everlasting Summer is similar, but instead you're a Russian twenty-something trapped in a bizarre communist alternate dimension or something, idk it's pretty spooky and fun though.
>>
>>8000502
Also, Everlasting Summer was made by the Russian 2channers ("Soviet Games") as a direct response to the Katawa Shoujo craze on 4chan.
>>
File: 1489860739307.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489860739307.gif
4MB, 280x302px
Are you sure you wanna play this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

THIS game? Really? Like this is literally worse than the Watch_Dogs fiasco, this is actually worse than anything Ubisoft has ever done. EA is gonna shitcan Bioware soon just like they've done to other devs who had the nerve to do bad work on one of their big IPs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.