[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>30% of Transgender youth report at least one suicide attempt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: hmmmm.png (156KB, 250x317px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
156KB, 250x317px
>30% of Transgender youth report at least one suicide attempt
>doesn't improve after transitioning
>study shows that being "not accepted by peers" doesn't significantly affect suicide rates

Do hormones make you suicidal?
>>
>>7998052
>Do hormones make you suicidal?
Anti-depressants do. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. My doctor recommended Prozac, but I quit taking it after having intrusive, violent thoughts. I've never considered suicide as a result of dysphoria, but a general lack of agency due to being poor certainly has fired the neurons. Having had an orchiectomy, I know what it feels like to be on and off estrogen. There's not a huge difference, but uh the hormones really kick my sex drive into gear. Thankfully I picked up a stack of discounted harlequins the other day. Do you like historical romance, OP?
>>
Lack of testosterone does. Depression is a common side effect of cypro.
>>
>>7998052
Source pls
>>
>>7998052
>study shows that being "not accepted by peers" doesn't significantly affect suicide rates
[Citation needed]
>>
>>7998164
google "transgender suicide rate". i was being conservative, too. many studies say it's as high as 42%

>>7998179
>http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/07/evidence-the-transgender-suicide-rate-isnt-due-to-discrimination/

this one and for better studies, look for ones on bullying not finding a link between bullies and suicides.
>>
>>7998205
>doesn't link a study, just some shitty right-wing shitsite
Who would have guessed.
>>
>>7998205
>>7998219
And here's an actual study that shows that acceptance does matter.
http://www.transequality.org/issues/resources/national-transgender-discrimination-survey-full-report
>>
>>7998394
>transequality.org
no way that would be biased
>>
>>7998497
IDGAF what studies say
If I was accepted by those around me my desire to suicide would be 100x less.
>>
>>7998205
>federalist
Not peer reviewed, you just gave a lunatic fringe fake news site
>>
>>7998497
So just look at the data. Or do you really think they falsified that too?
>>
>>7998052
>30%
>do hormones make you suicidal?
Not for the majority
You answered your own question
>>
>>7998510
>If I was accepted by those around me my desire to suicide would be 100x less.
i actually doubt that.
>>
File: 1476900010722.jpg (30KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476900010722.jpg
30KB, 300x250px
>>7998052
Not for the majority, just like you said. The ones that report suicide attempts after starting to transition are the ones that either have bad results from transitioning (usually because of bad genetics and/or lack of funds) or start hormones with expectations that are too high (often along the lines of "this will solve every single one of my problems" or "this will turn me from a 400 lb 6'8" white guy into a cute, petite Asian girl").
>>7998117
>harlequin
Absolutely shit tier. Yuri is the only romance worth reading.
>>
>>7998497

While the source is somewhat biased, it was at the very least peer-reviewed. By contrast, the link to thefederalist doesn't actually have any peer-reviewed studies referenced in it.
>>
>>7998915
It would help much of the time to convince yourself you're a real woman. Trans people who commit suicide do it because they feel no matter what, they will never be born the way they feel they should have, and therefore extreme hopelessness sets in. You can change your clothes, but never your chromosomes, and even though trans women are women, and even if they're treated as such and pass and etc etc, this fact will never fucking leave us alone.

Kill me.
>>
>>7998052
No, but lack of hobbies and meaningful partnerships do. If you feel suicidal, try new things. I like stretching hiking graffiti and videogames. If you're taller and have a bigger build, just make sure you pass face wise and workout your hip and butt muscles to offset shoulder width. Not every girl is 5 foot 2 90 pounds. I think zarya fom overwatch is hot and so is illaoi. And remember there is a bigger manlier chaser out there perfect for you.
>>
>>7998052
They had mental illnesses before
And continue to have mental illnesses after.

Because nobody can tell them "no" without them derailing into an autistic shit-fit.

Surprise surprise.
>>
Is there any way to even live a happy life you're trans
>>
File: haram.jpg (56KB, 544x468px) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
56KB, 544x468px
>>7998926
>girls
>>
>>7998990
>stretching
wait is this sketching misspelled or is stretching a hobby now?
>>
>>7999672
>right-wing article has the same weight as an actual study to some people
I really fucking hate this world sometimes.
>>
>>7999672
Do you think all stats and science are trash then?
>>
>>8001486
>making good science has anything to do with being a SJW
Go read a book, nigger.
>>
[citation needed]
>>
>>7999672
As if life is worth sticking around extra long for

> show up
> fuck around for a few years
> ???
>>
>>7998629
Devil's advocate: you can be suicidal without ever attempting
>>
>>8001496
Why? He's got breitbart to tell him everything he needs to know.
>>
>>8001486
>all the peer reviewed science I disagree with is a SJW conspiracy
>here, read my unsourced fake news article, its the actual truth
absolutely ebin
>>
>>8001640
you sound like a very sad person

I hope you get better soon
>>
Two groups I hate:
> People who never read opinions from Breitbart
> People who only read opinions from Breitbart
>>
>>7998052
Yes
>>
>>8001573
sure is hard to use google
>>
File: autisms.jpg (832KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
autisms.jpg
832KB, 1280x1280px
so... do hormones lead to increased suicidal tendencies?
>>
>>8001714
>>8001573
http://www.vocativ.com/culture/lgbt/transgender-suicide/

here you go. as high as 40%, so 30% was a low estimate
>>
>>7998052
Proof of this? The only study I've ever seen on trans suicide rates only compared the suicide rates for all trans people (transitioned and non transitioned) to the suicide rate for the general population.
>>
>>8001724
I don't see anything in there comparing the post-transition suicide rate to the pre-transition rate.
>>
30% of the ignorant tranny hating trolls posting here have autism and can't look a girl in the eyes
>>
>>8001724
I find it hilarious in some twisted way that even cross-dressers have highly elevated suicide attempt rates.
>>
>>7998052
No, it's the dysphoria that is causing it. Afflictions that make you want to harm yourself or others are considered mentall illnesses.
Nothing short of a cure will stop them from killing themselves or cutti g off their dicks.
If social acceptance is the reason trannies off themselves communist countries would've had a 42% suicide rate too.
>>
>>8002229
It doesn't, at best you have a 2% less chance to kil yourself, which you could get just by working out.
>>
>>8002296
Dysphoria certainly plays the part, but the study that has already been posted in this thread shows that social acceptance does factor in too. Or how do you explain that just having an accepting family decreases the suicide rates by over a third?
>>8002301
Source?
>>
>>8002328
Which study posted here claims that ?
>>
>>8002440
>>7998394
32% with accepting family attempt it, compared to 51% without.
>>
>>8002469
It's a fucking survey for crying out loud. We're talking here about severely deranged people that would do anything for attention.
Surveys aren't scientific fact, someone saying they did something is fact.
Regardless of whether these things happened or not we don't even know what the objective metric for, in this instance, family acceptance is. Does your telling you it's just a phase count as not being accepted ?
Does only gettinv kicked out on the streets count ?
It's a bunch of hear say. This isn't a scientific study, it's an opinion peace. Whatever these suicide factors are is up in the air, completely objective.
>>
>>8002584
Isn't fact*
>>
>>8002584
Dad*
Subjective*
I hate phoneposting
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.