[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (10KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10KB, 222x227px
Yesterday I came out to my parents and boy was i in for a rude of wakening. I thought of course that just maybe they would be okay with it. Instead I got called every name in the book. Then of course the normal religion came into the equation. I'm just so done with parents. It should be okay as long as im happy right? Now Idk what to do. If anyone has any advice or anything i should do to help me situation text me your advice im open to anything right now. Don't call me i just need to see some good vibes and advice. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7997299
Kill yourself, namefag trash.
>>
what did you expect

having your son turning out to be a massive mentally disabled faggot is every parents worst nightmare.
>>
File: Great.png (9KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
Great.png
9KB, 263x192px
6787880962 I forgot to share. Again no calls just text I just need to see not someone yelling at me I
>>
Woah wtf!!1
>>
>>7997299
You should probably avoid them for awhile, do you live in their place?
>>
>>7997299
I'm sorry dude.
Were they upset or angry?
>>
>come out
>it was a disaster
I don't want to go "I told you so", but
I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO
>>
Live with them but I can go to a friends for a couple of days. Also upset is not the word. More like I'm dead to them
>>
Ignore these idiots. They're all 30 year old closet cases who are jealous that you had the balls to come out.

I hope their initial reaction doesn't reflect how your future relationship with them will be.

You'll be a lot happier now you're out, trust me.

Well done.
>>
I'm not gay desu, but is coming out really that important for you guys? In most cases it feels like more of an overhyped rite of passage towards the rest of the LGBT community than anything, particularly when you know they're not going to be cool with it.

I mean, I get it, you can always push for the chance of coming out banking on parental love vs. homophobia, but it feels like in some cases it's just not worth it.
>>
Thank you ^ all
>>
For me I was just thought I could tell them.I was just looking for some support
>>
>namefag
>does not even know how to reply to posts
go back to r.eddit
>>
>>7997378
>it feels like more of an overhyped rite of passage
You haven't thought about it how much it changes your relationship with your family/friends to come out to them, because you are not one of us.

Coming out means finally being honest with the people in your life that matter to you, and also with yourself. It is an incredible relief when you are accepted and you are able to speak freely with them at last. When you are not accepted, it is still for the best, you learn who your true friends and family are.
>>
>>7997299
You sound like you didn't do any parental recon before hand. Bad form, anon.
So since their reaction is so severe, you should expect the absolute worse from them from here to at least the next 2 years.
My advice? Get out.
Leave as soon as you are able because you will most likely get more name calling, more weaponized religion, possibly getting kicked out anyway, maybe physical violence, or them trying to send you to some kind of gay converting place. Be on your guard. They are your parents but right now they see you as some kind of combination kitten rapping baby murderer.
Get work
Get a place and leave.
Also, chin up, fucker. You can get through this.
>>
>>7997427
I mean, I know of several cases in which it has been lifechanging. My cousin finally came out at age 32 after being a dull, meek weirdo, and she's as happy as ever, but that's because she had family support. The problem here is that it looks like poor OP came out without any possibility but staying in a turbulent environment. idk, maybe parents will have a long talk in the kitchen with the whole "what are we gonna do" and they'll come around, but I'd be terrified to come out with uncertainty and nowhere to fall back to.
>>
>>7997445
This fag put it better than I did. Agree with what he's saying.
>>
>>7997370
Maybe go away for some hours and come back, or tell them you're going to stay at your friend's place, as long as they are of the opposite sex, or your friend is obviously straight. Otherwise they might get more pissed off.
>>
>>7997370
Di=on't go away. Be proud of yourself, continue on as if your life has not changed.

I spent 25 years trying to reconcile with my family after I came out. They basically disowned me after throwing me out of the house. Don't let that happen to you.
>>
>>7997478
>I spent 25 years trying to reconcile with my family after I came out
Wouldn't it be them that should apologize to you?
>>
>>7997478
>I spent 25 years trying to reconcile with my family after I came out.
That's 25 years too long.
>>
>>7997496
I wasn't trying to apologize. Just wanted to have some sort of relationship with them. I hadn't talked to them in 25 years.
>>
>>7997510
Yeah, I finally realized that.
>>
Have a gay orgy in front of them to spite them.
>>
>>7997325
>(678) area code
>deep south Georgia.
Jeebus OP you've got your work cut out for you.
Just in case of worst case scenarios I did some googling for LGBT resources in your area. There's a 24hour homeless LGBT hotline
>>7997427 is wise.

>>7997452
Responsible people that advocate for emptying closets usually tell you not to come out unless you're financially stable/won't be murdered.

The thing to consider even if you decide not to tell people you're gay, there's still the fear of being outed. That fear nags at you the entire time you're closeted.
You get all the negative consequences of coming out, except being outed is not on your terms so you have less opportunity to prepare for the worst.
>>
rule book says never come out till you have a job and a place to stay other than your parents house
You have autism
Otherwise you'll get the old time flies when you're a faggot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.