[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people struggle so hard with accepting they're trans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1490285431892.jpg (43KB, 556x616px) Image search: [Google]
1490285431892.jpg
43KB, 556x616px
Honestly, if you know you're unhappy with your gender you shouldn't just wait for it to sort itself out. You need to actually do something or figure out who you really want to be. That shouldn't take more than a month to figure out for certain once the thought crosses your mind.

I can understand why people would struggle with coming out, by why with transitioning and labeling yourself as trans? If you know you're happy with your gender, why the hell wouldn't you want to transition right away?

Im a pre op trans girl, for reference
>>
Most trans people are huge bitches Kek
But seriously most sane people won't just one day say ok Kek I'm trans for most people it is life altering and takes a long time to accept
>>
File: 1490366314298.jpg (531KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490366314298.jpg
531KB, 900x1200px
>>7986487
weak minded people who are scared of becoming one with themselves. people need to have a fucken ego death
>>
Because we don't want to be trans and we're in denial about it. It's a pretty shitty fate desu.
>>
Sometimes it's because of your upbringing. I come from a very old-fashioned family, and I know that I will lose all connection to my parents if I come out. It took some time to accept and deal with it. When you have something to lose, you doubt yourself more, I guess.
>>
>>7986467
Have you ever been hesitant to go to a doctor because you'd prefer to be in doubt rather than have confirmation that you're sick? That's basically how I felt about my trans stuff until last year when I broke down.
>>
>>7986467
Essentially this: >>7986520
Transitioning is an intense and expensive process, no one *wants* to do it. It's cheaper to be cis, or pretend to be cis.
Yeah if you're in denial for 5+ years (speaking from experience), it can really fuck up your mentality, but transitioning is definitely not a process you want to nosedive into.

It's a double-edged sword, really. You're fucked if you transition right when you feel something slightly off (and you end up not actually being trans later on), but you're fucked if you try to wait it out and end up being a shoddy hon.
>>
>it's a born-in-1998er lectures others on struggling with being trans
>>
>>7986559
>>7990662
But early transitioners do know more than you about transitioning, seeing as they've had to deal with it their whole entire while you've only been at it what..... a year?
>>
>>7990692
*whole entire lives
>>
>>7986467
>Honestly, if you know you're unhappy with your gender you shouldn't just wait for it to sort itself out.
I'm not really trans. My dysphoria is just fake dysphoria from psychological issues. I'm not trans and shouldn't transition.
>>
Because maybe admitting you're mentally ill to somebody is a difficult thing to do? How in maybe admitting you're not comfortable in your own skin might turn away friends and family who you desperately need to stay sane? The nightmares about not passing and looking like a stereotypical drag queen?

I've bottled this shit up for years and it only feels like now maybe I should talk to somebody about it. I'm afraid of the costs across my mental/physical state as well as monetary.
>>
Also a lot of people who suffer pangs of dysphoria aren't trans. OCD sometimes features obsessions about sexuality that in some cases manifest with obsessions about being transgender. Not everyone who feels trans is trans, otherwise you rush to transition and then shoot yourself when you realize it was OCD and now you've dun goofed.
>>
>>7990692
>It's another "non-transitioning avatarfagging shitposter thinks he should lecture others about transitioning" episode
>>
File: gqawb5h7ayyvoscefifg.jpg (62KB, 636x465px) Image search: [Google]
gqawb5h7ayyvoscefifg.jpg
62KB, 636x465px
>>7986467
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.