[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Will & Grace homophobic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 16927410_1100x1467.jpg (339KB, 1100x1467px)
16927410_1100x1467.jpg
339KB, 1100x1467px
Was Will & Grace homophobic?
>>
No. It was a necessary evil.

Before straight people could begin to see us as equal human beings, they first had to see us as more than just demented perverts. And to get them to pay attention they had to be shown how we were useful to them, and this show and others (like Queer Eye..) showed them that we could help them better themselves.
It's like getting on the good side of a bully by helping them with their homework.

Sure, the "gay friend who is good at fashion/design and loves shopping" stereotype is annoying, but it's still a FUCK TON better than the old, "gay freak is going to molest your children and sacrifice them to Satan" stereotype that existed before it.
>>
>>7978845
This is why trannies will never be accepted, they don't have anyone who looks normal enough to be shown on television.
>>
>>7978858
What about that Jazz (Jenny?) girl on TLC, or does reality TV not count?
>>
>>7978706
Omg I love Karen and Jack!
In the hospital when jack starts singing No Scrubs on helium.
Lmao I'm literally laughing thinking of it
>>
>>7978858
Um that tranny from Orange Is The New Black....
I guess that show isn't exactly family friendly.
Rupauls Drag Race are Drag queens not trannies....
I was gonna say Caitlyn Jenner, but the man voice and the Conservative views makes her pretty unlikeable.
Fuck you're right.
Drag queens have been accepted for even longer than gay men as themselves on TV.
Trans turn will come.
>>
>>7979361

/pol/ here.

I don't like how they get born women to play transwomen like in Transamerica and Hit & Miss. What is with that?
>>
>>7979341
Jazz is crazy.
If anything Jazz probably damaged further the image by being a sack of shit with an over inflated sense of worth.
>>
>>7983656
Well, at least she's not ugly....

Ehh... Well, at least she passes....

Ehhh.... Well.....
>>
>>7978845
aren't stereotypes born from the real things thou?
>>
>>7983628
Idk never seen them.
But I don't like people with conservative or fascist views so fuck you.
>>
File: 1484011171191.jpg (177KB, 625x836px) Image search: [Google]
1484011171191.jpg
177KB, 625x836px
>>7978706
Who cares. The show was mildly funny and the cast labeled gays in a stereotypical negative way. When the ratings went bad they added a new bf to promote the unsatisfied serial dating of the stereotypical gay man.
>>
File: sad young pepe.jpg (70KB, 554x921px) Image search: [Google]
sad young pepe.jpg
70KB, 554x921px
>>7984024

That wasn't very nice.
>>
>>7978858
Maxine from Wentworth is one of the most lovable characters on the show. Granted the actor for her is not transgender (Socratis Otto) so the character does not pass, the more unfortunate end of transgenderism, which some people may or may not find relatable. That said, I wish I had a friend like Maxine. It helps that her crime to land her in the prison only makes her seem more human.
>>
>>7983628
>>7984415
Saying "/pol/ here" is just as obnoxious as saying "femanon btw." It doesn't make your opinion more relevant or more interesting.
>>
>>7984529
>fags are genetic
This hasn't actually been proven. Personally I think it's more likely that sexual orientation is determined during puberty by sexually charged events that imprint on a young person (noticing someone else's body in 'that way' for the first time, for example)
>>
>>7984554
That is retarded. There would be so many more gay people if that was the case.
>>
>>7984602
The idea of a "gay gene" seems pretty retarded to me. What about bisexuals? :|
>>
>>7984641
I know enough to tell you there is no proof of this "gay gene" existing at all.
>>
File: wat.webm (343KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
wat.webm
343KB, 720x404px
>>7984616
>>7984652
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.