[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old were you when you came out of the closet? I am afraid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 1466878519386.jpg (222KB, 1135x707px) Image search: [Google]
1466878519386.jpg
222KB, 1135x707px
How old were you when you came out of the closet?
I am afraid to come out of the closet til my parents are dead.
>>
>>7972385
12 to one of my friends (who I then had sex with), when I was 13 I told a few other people of my sexual experienced while denying being homosexual, when I was 15 I told some super close friends, and I finally came out in general when I was 16.
>>
>>7972392
>tfw I never had a gay friend come out to me and proceed to have sex with me
Why live.
>>
Hmm I think I was like 16
>>
>>7972392
Wish I did it sooner cause the longer it goes on the harder it becomes to tell people.
I didnt really think I was gay for a while too. Could have dated a best friend when he came out, but I was still afraid.
>>
>>7972385
I'm not sure what "the closet" even is, or what the point is. I've known I was gay/bi since before I knew what being gay/bi even was, but I've always just been myself (boring and ordinary). "Coming out of the closet" just seems obnoxious, narcissistic, and unnecessary like you're telling everyone about your private sex life and expecting them to care about it.
Unless I get married to another dude, I'm never telling my family shit. It's none of their business and I don't want them to be involved in my personal life.
My friends figured it out when I got a boyfriend and introduced him to them at the bar we were hanging out at one night, I didn't need to make a big dramatic deal about it.
>>
>>7972423
Well I still live with my parents in my home town and dont want to be seen with men in public.
I had a 1 night stand a few months ago, but besides that havnt had sex in 3 years and it gets depressing. Especially when people start talking about sex and I have little to contribute. Its funny I work with all men and I find none of them attractive because they are all straight and make jokes about gays.
>>
>>7972439
Yeah, well.. you should move. Your problem is probably due more to your location than to the openness of your sexuality.
I moved as far away as I could for college, and I'm actually a lot happier now that I've stopped having one night stands.
Having a lot of sex doesn't mean you're going to be a happy homo.
>>
>>7972423
>I'm not sure what "the closet" even is
Don't play dumb. You obviously know it means hiding your sexual orientation.

>"Coming out of the closet" just seems obnoxious, narcissistic, and unnecessary
Some of us just don't like lying to our family and our friends. They are going to ask about your romantic life and it is much easier to be honest with them about who you are.
>>
>>7972385
I can't remember but I sent a text to my mum instead of a boy called mungo.
She didn't care and knew already.
>>
>>7972460
Yeah that is all true.
I am working and saving money(very slowly). I'm getting completely out of the state when I can. Not even because I dont like it here or my family, but because I cannot afford to live on my own here.
I am not that sex obsessed, but definitely would like real relationships.

>>7972471
this is very true too. I have a heavy conscious and hate lying.
>>
>>7972471
>it means hiding your sexual orientation.
not flaunting =/= hiding
I was never impressed by the straight "jock bros" who talked about fucking all the girls in school, they just sounded like obnoxious little kids to me, and I definitely never had any desire to become the gay equivalent. Regardless of orientation, I consider it a sign of insecurity and immaturity to talk about sex like that with everyone. I don't want to hear about where you stuck your dick.

>They are going to ask about your romantic life
They are? Not in my experience.
>>
>>7972511
>I consider it a sign of insecurity and immaturity to talk about sex like that with everyone
Next time people start talking about sex I want to point out how they spend more time talking about sex than actually having it.

and yeah my family and coworkers constantly ask about my romantic life.
>when are you having kids
>meeting any girls?
>>
>>7972511
>not flaunting =/= hiding
If you don't lie about your sexual orientation when asked, then you're already out of the closet. Coming out doesnt mean shouting it from the rooftops.

>They are? Not in my experience.
That is unusual, to say the least. Maybe they know you are gay and just don't want to open that can of worms?
>>
>>7972516
>>when are you having kids
I'm not planning on having any soon.
>>meeting any girls?
Nope.

And then I move the conversation on to something that's actually their fucking business the same way I do every time someone rudely tries to invade my privacy.

It's pretty simple. And personally, it makes far more sense than giving them more private information so they can ask "better" questions in the future and invade my privacy more accurately.
>>
>>7972520
The way people talk about "coming out" is like they view it as an event. It's like a birthday party or a graduation.
I never had one of those.

And maybe they have better things to talk about than my sex life? I don't think that's unusual at all. I think it's unusual that you think it's unusual, actually.
>>
>>7972535
You are being evasive in your answers to their questions, and you are omitting obvious relevant facts. That is called a "lie of omission". You are in the closet. If you're comfortable hiding this from your parents that is fine but don't pretend you're not hiding.

>>7972550
>The way people talk about "coming out" is like they view it as an event
It kind of is an event. I was lying to my family for a long time, when I stopped hiding and started telling them the truth, that was a major event in my life.

>It's like a birthday party or a graduation.
No, it's not.

>I don't think that's unusual at all. I think it's unusual that you think it's unusual
Lol, relax m8... All I meant by that is that most parents do take an interest in their offspring's romantic life, for obvious reasons.
>>
I was 13. Told this one kid who I was trying to fug, and he told everyone thinking it would ruin my life or something, but it didn't change shit except people asked me questions related to liking dudes.
In hindsight he might have used it to gauge how people would react because not long after he kissed me in private, and we had a secret "relationship" (We'd just make out in the bathroom on lunch breaks and after school, calm down pedos)
One day he got bold and kissed me while our friend went around the corner, but the friend came back just in time to see us separate and told everyone he was kissing me. Everyone made fun of him and told me I could do better, top fucking kek.
>mfw got that friend to suck my dick in highschool
>>
>>7972565
I'm not pretending anything. I started my initial reply stating quite clearly that, "I'm not sure what 'the closet' even is". I'm aware that nothing in life is "black & white". To me "the closet" just seems like a place that only exists for obnoxious and immature people to hide the gay side of their obnoxiousness and immaturity in while either pretending to be a regular person, or pretending to be an obnoxious and immature straight person. If you enjoy being, what I consider to be, obnoxious and immature and share your sex life with your friends and even your family, then more power to you, it's not my problem.
I am not lying in any way, I am answering their questions truthfully and resisting their attempt to get information out of me that they have no business trying to obtain. If I were straight and single, my answers to those questions would be exactly the same, and so would my "evasive" attitude towards their nosiness.

>most parents do take an interest in their offspring's romantic life, for obvious reasons.

It's not obvious to me. For the record, I'm 35 years old and I've been asked questions like that maybe 3 times in my entire life. My anecdotal evidence has more relevance and truth for me than yours. I'm glad I don't have your family, or your assumption of "most parents", that would be irritating as fuck.
>>
>>7972385
i told my mum i was attracted to girls when i was 10/11
by 13 it was pretty obvious i was trans so she asked me and i confirmed it
>>
>>7972686
>I am not lying in any way, I am answering their questions truthfully
A lie of omission is still a lie, I'm sorry if that fact bothers you, but what you're doing is clearly deceiving your parents. You are deliberately allowing them to believe what you know to be false, and you are omitting information from your answers to their questions about you in order to achieve that goal. You can stay closeted from your family if you think that is best, but for god's sake man, call a spade a spade.

>If I were straight and single, my answers to those questions would be exactly the same
Lol. Riiiight. Okay then buddy, I think we're done here, good talk.
>>
>>7972737
>If I were straight and single, my answers to those questions would be exactly the same

This is exactly why I get made fun of at work. I try to keep privacy but then they assume I am just bad at picking up women and it makes me look less cool.
>>
>>7972737

Looks like you enjoy being obnoxious and immature in more than just your sex life.
I guess someone like you simply has no ability to understand perspectives outside of your own, and I've just been wasting my time here.
>>
17 obviously any older is shit any younger is tumblr so also shit
>>
22. I wish I did it sooner. I was in a deep self hating repression.
>>
>>7973000
>I wish I did it sooner
Why?
>>
>>7973017
In the hope of being able to date sooner. I did not have my first date until I was 22. Now I am 27 and people treat me like I'm too old to date and should already have a house and family.
>>
>>7972385
> <greater than> <current age>
>>
>>7972648
>He eventually tried to kill me, a few months later and he went to prison for a few months,
What was his problem?

>then magically was released.
Why?

>although my brother may suspect because of my know-how.
How did that make him suspect?
>>
>>7972385
Came out at 18. Mom cried and said it was a phase, started the blame game.
A week later my bf arrived, he was a long distance relationship.
>>
>>7973067
I feel you. Same situation but slightly worse off. Came out at 25 and on my way to 26. Did snag a boyfriend that first year though so not bad. Recently broke up though so eh
>>
>>7974093
Do you still have your hair? I consider myself to be ugly so you are probably still better off. Good luck to you.
>>
I didn't because I'm not a fucking faggot
>>
>>7974201
So you're waiting till you lose your virginity to be sure?
>>
>>7972385
14 to my mom
not yet to my dad
>>
>>7974197
Yeah thanks I'm dealing with it okayish. And yes I do have hair still thankfully. Sorry if you're in that boat bro :(

Good luck to ya as well
>>
Didn't have to come out.
>be 15
>dating a girl
>it's been a month
>receives a text at school
>it's mom!
>"anon sweetie i know you are going out with a girl. Dad and I love you very much and we don't care if you like girls or boys."
>how the hell did she even know???
>brothers learn about it and say "oh ok"
>youngest (10yo) learn that boys can love boys and girls can love girls, he's surprised, say "it's weird...but oh well whatever if they are happy!"
>grandma learn about it "oh whatever, as long as my little anon is happy"
Tears of relief were shed
>>
>>7974453
Wow that sounds amazing
>>
>>7974506
Yeah.
I realize how lucky I am especially compared to some poor souls on here...
We just didnt tell my grandparents on my father side. They are sweet little old people but they are just too old and too conservative to get it.
I honestly wish all of you could have open minded families. It's not fair to be hated and rejected for that. You don't choose that kind of thing.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.