[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Question For /lgbT/ - Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 21

File: 1478680329250.jpg (28KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1478680329250.jpg
28KB, 294x265px
Does /lgbT/ have unrealistic expectations of what they think being a Woman is like? I mean.. a lot of people here post very cute anime girl pictures with their comments, and i feel a lot of them get their inspiration from these 2D girls..

I'm not saying it's.. wrong or anything... but the reason i'm bringing it up it because it seems over 70% of the people here seem to be doing it.

They'll post a picture of a cute anime girl... then proceed to say something like.. "How do i starts Hrt" or something along those lines...

i know anime girls are cute and all... but they aren't real.. and so many people seem to want to look like them or think that they might look something like that if they start Hrt.

What's your opinion on all this?

I kinda feel like a lot of people on here might out grow their feelings towards wanting to be a Girl/Woman when they realize being a girl is not all it's cracked up to be.

And yes, wanting to be a woman is a WANT.. their is no such thing as "TruTrans" even if you're 3 years old and have more feminine hormones in your system and yet you where born a boy... if you question your gender and want to be a girl.. it's still a want.. no matter your age.

The way we perceive life is what creates our desires..
If you where born without the ability to see the outside world ((If you where born blind)) then hardly anyone IF anyone would be transgender.. is there even a blind transgender person out there? i highly doubt that
>>
>>7954743
Being a truwoman...have periods, get pregnant, go into labor, post-partum issues, experience menopause...yeah, must be fun, LOLZ
>>
File: iceberg-lettuce-head.jpg (529KB, 702x684px) Image search: [Google]
iceberg-lettuce-head.jpg
529KB, 702x684px
>>7954886
Yea, pretty much, and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>7954743
>If you where born without the ability to see the outside world ((If you where born blind)) then hardly anyone IF anyone would be transgender.. is there even a blind transgender person out there? i highly doubt that

Lol wtf? Blind people know what gender is, and know how people are perceiving them. You can find stories about blind trans women online.
>>
>>7954911

So i'v heard, but most weren't blind from birth.

And my point was regardless if there is or isn't a blind from birth Transgender person is that if everyone was born blind then the trans community would be... very small, if it would even exist, not because there is so few blind people out there (Because there's tons of blind people out there) but more or less of how we perceive life and gender, you can't deny me the fact that if the majority of trans people where born blind that they wouldn't even have these desires to begin with...

TYPICALLY.
>>
>>7954743
It's usually not about romanticizing being a girl as much as it is being disgusted with having a male body and living as a guy.

The reason we're into anime is because most of us become shut ins due to depression and anxiety.
>>
File: 1484286134619.png (285KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484286134619.png
285KB, 900x900px
>tfw did the whole masculinity wildride of military, construction and sport.
>tfw all the people who inspired me the most were masculine women
Anime has low influence on my idea of being a girl, its my real life experience with them wich makes me like and dislike them just as guys. People could perhaps be verry inspired by anime butt usual social shit in anime is verry artificial just like movies.
>>
>>7954743
I doubt the majority of transgirls around the globe are all into anime so...

But yeah I love anime/manga and I think it made me realize I'm trans very soon, but it definitely isn't the reason I'm trans.
>>
File: 1483393996961.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483393996961.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>7954954
While i could see my self agreeing with you on your Anime comment..

what is it you HATE so much about being a guy? it's your perception of what being a guy is to you.. through your eyes you see the way men go about life, perhaps you dislike what society expects out of them and perhaps that's why you wish to be a Woman... not saying that's wrong or anything.

Besides there is nothing wrong about being a Guy or a Woman... you'll feel no different.. the only thing that would change is your visual perception on the matter and the way society treats you, which wouldn't be all that drastically different.

Oh and i forgot to mention, it's probably harder being a Woman if we're still on the topic if it's better to be a man or a woman.

I mean men are pretty simplistic life form, not always.. but typically. why would someone want to change from something simple to something a bit more complex in terms of chemicals and social constructs..?

>Oh and enjoy this cute no related gif
>>
>>7955011
My comment was more direct at this website, not really the trans community as a whole.
>>
>>7954743
It's not about sight, it's a lot more complex than that. I work with trans people and personally didn't see any difference between the non-disabled ones and the blind ones.
As far as I can tell, the most striking difference is with deaf trans people. They take gender roles much less into account and are much more focused on dysphoria alone.

As for anime girls, I think some trans women pick use it as idealized material ; while some other people just think "hey I'd love to be an anime girl" but are misguided.
And there are many more trans girls who were never into anime to begin with.
>>
File: 1483669966193.jpg (372KB, 2560x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483669966193.jpg
372KB, 2560x1024px
>>7955043
Interesting, i know it's more complex, but it isn't so complex to the point of what makes us humans tick. Sure gender is natures means of mass producing the human race, it's how we cheat death, by creating life, really that's all it is.. just because we didn't get what natures role we desired the most shouldn't result in being Transgender (Even though it does) so back to my comment >>7954743

Gender is heavily held in our perceptions, not saying it doesn't go deeper then that, but the majority of it is visual and socially constructed.

And it's nice you work with disabled trans people, a job a lot of people wouldn't consider doing, mainly because everyone is so focused on them selves..

Respect ^_^
>>
File: bounce.gif (695KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
bounce.gif
695KB, 500x620px
>>7955022
>>7955022
>what is it you HATE so much about being a guy? it's your perception of what being a guy is to you.. through your eyes you see the way men go about life, perhaps you dislike what society expects out of them and perhaps that's why you wish to be a Woman... not saying that's wrong or anything.
It's called gender dysphoria. Ever since puberty I've hated my body, so I eventually decided to become a woman instead.

I do hate what society expects of men, but that's a different issue altogether.

>Besides there is nothing wrong about being a Guy or a Woman...
I agree.

>Oh and i forgot to mention, it's probably harder being a Woman if we're still on the topic if it's better to be a man or a woman.
I don't care, that wasn't a factor in the decision. It was about becoming at peace with my body.

>I mean men are pretty simplistic life form, not always.. but typically. why would someone want to change from something simple to something a bit more complex in terms of chemicals and social constructs..?
Bodily dysphoriaaa

I wish it was so easy as just deciding to not give a fuck about gender. I tried that for years. It didn't work.

You seem fixated on the social dysphoria aspect, which is a thing, but alleviating just that isn't enough. If everybody treated me as a woman or if gender just didn't exist, I would still transition to become comfortable with my body.
>>
File: IMG_2182.jpg (108KB, 700x855px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2182.jpg
108KB, 700x855px
I don't expect to look just like Yui
But I'll do my best to get as close as possible, is wanting to be Yui really so weird?
>>
>>7955190
Is it wrong? nah.. is it weird? a little.
>>
File: IMG_2353.gif (248KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2353.gif
248KB, 500x500px
>>7955196
But Yui is the ultimate life form, we should all try to emulate her
>>
>>7955202
Perhaps, but why don't you test the waters out for us first? just to make sure every thing goes according to plan...
>>
File: 38 1.jpg (81KB, 672x561px) Image search: [Google]
38 1.jpg
81KB, 672x561px
>>7955209
What's that mean
>>
>>7955218
*Pats head* it doesn't mean anything.
no offense or anything,
But let's try to keep this thread on topic, shall we..?
>>
>>7955237
Oh, yeah, sorry my bad o.o
>>
>>7955022
Because I hate having a masculine body. I want breasts, smooth skin, wide hips, etc. I don't want a muscular chest, rough and hairy, skin, or broad shoulders. I never have liked those features on me for as long as I can remember.

And it's not like I just find them gross or anything. I actually like a lot of those features of men. My boyfriend is tall and strong and feeling his muscles makes me so happy. He has a hairy face and broad shoulders and big hands and feet etc. Tons of typically masculine traits. I love them all. It's only when those features are on me that I hate them. They don't feel right and they make me feel weird and gross. Even before I knew what trans was I'd always try to hide my masculine features with baggy clothes or long hair and the like.

Wanting to be accepted as a female into society is definitely a part of why I and other people transitioned, but gender dysphoria as a result of my body is the main one at least for me. Even if gender roles didn't exist I'd still feel this way because my brain is just wired on some level to expect my body to look female.
>>
Try to be an anime girl and don't stop until you succeed
You never will, but constant paranoia and self loathing about wether you look absolutely perfect will make you look slightly less like a hon
>>
>>7955119
>"just because we didn't get what natures role we desired the most shouldn't result in being Transgender"
Yeah I hear you.

I do think we should handle this shit better. But really, right now, it's a mess. My way of dealing with this mess is to try to help out people with gender related issues but we also need people like you who question things.
>>
File: 1484672809550.jpg (36KB, 246x274px) Image search: [Google]
1484672809550.jpg
36KB, 246x274px
>>7955189
i am aware of what gender dysphoria is, for i also am this way.

>It's called gender dysphoria. Ever since puberty I've hated my body, so I eventually decided to become a woman instead.

I do hate what society expects of men, but that's a different issue altogether.

I don't think the two are really all that different..
If society expects you to be strong and be the one to work hard and not to cry or anything.. etc wouldn't that contribute to your body hating Dysphoria?

So typically people who are Transgender usually also have body dysphoria, that's why i said i feel the two are similar, and not a different issue altogether like you said.

>I don't care, that wasn't a factor in the decision. It was about becoming at peace with my body.

While i'll go ahead and agree with you, i don't think you're using the right terminology,

it's more or less your visual perception on the matter at hand, so being a woman would please you more visually (As would i) not necessarily this spiritual connection you made it sound like
>becoming at peace with my body

Bodily dysphoriaaa

>I mean men are pretty simplistic life form, not always.. but typically. why would someone want to change from something simple to something a bit more complex in terms of chemicals and social constructs..? I wish it was so easy as just deciding to not give a fuck about gender. I tried that for years. It didn't work.

You seem fixated on the social dysphoria aspect, which is a thing, but alleviating just that isn't enough. If everybody treated me as a woman or if gender just didn't exist, I would still transition to become comfortable with my body.

Well this would work, but i don't think you WANT it to work. and the ONLY reason you'd be transitioning is so you could look and feel more like you hopped you'd be born ass, and again due to social construct and visual matters this impacts us greatly.. but i feel my comments are making this sound like a bad thing.. it's NOT a bad thing at all.
>>
>>7955189
>>7955354

Oh and sorry for the green text fails, hopefully you aren't too confused by my errors.
>>
File: 1479494111206.jpg (47KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1479494111206.jpg
47KB, 500x446px
>>7955257
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but the reason you hate your masculine traits is because you can see them, not saying your feelings are invalid all a sudden, because that's not what i'm trying to say, i'm just bringing it because it doesn't ever seem to get discussed, perhaps it somewhat taboo or maybe no one even really thinks about such topics.. this whole thread is just for the sake of conversation, that's all ^^
>>
>>7955474
Even if I couldn't see them I could still percieve. I could still hear the difference between male and female voices and hate my own. I could still feel my bone structure and smell the differences in scent between the sexes.

Sure, if you removed all my senses then I wouldn't hate being male because I wouldn't even know I was one, although, if you removed all my senses I also wouldn't mind burning to death so it's a moot point.
>>
>>7954743
You brought up the idea of "you don't like it because you see it" or something like that.

I don't deny that it's part of the deal. But dysphoria is more complex than that. It feels like having a hole in your brain and being wrong, until the right hormones can fix you and you can be functional.
It's pretty weird to explain but yeah. Without going into details, that's how it works.
>>
File: CO-mqB0WgAAh8PK.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CO-mqB0WgAAh8PK.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>7955354
>I don't think the two are really all that different..
If society expects you to be strong and be the one to work hard and not to cry or anything.. etc wouldn't that contribute to your body hating Dysphoria?
I'd group them differently. I'd consider those things social dysphoria. They can overlap however. Whenever somebody would point out that I'm "a big guy" or how I'm "handsome", those are definitely things that contribute to my body dysphoria.

>So typically people who are Transgender usually also have body dysphoria, that's why i said i feel the two are similar, and not a different issue altogether like you said.
Okay, they are related, but I just meant social dysphoria isn't the main thing driving a lot of us, and I think the gender roles thrust on males (and females) are stupid at best and straight up cruel at worst.

>it's more or less your visual perception on the matter at hand, so being a woman would please you more visually (As would i) not necessarily this spiritual connection you made it sound like
There's a lot more to it than just being visual though, it's actual reality. Tons of testosterone flowing through me felt fucking awful, and I feel way better with estrogen as my primary hormone. I felt massive and rugged and I hated it. I don't suddenly feel okay when I'm in the dark.

>Well this would work, but i don't think you WANT it to work. and the ONLY reason you'd be transitioning is so you could look and feel more like you hopped you'd be born ass, and again due to social construct and visual matters this impacts us greatly.. but i feel my comments are making this sound like a bad thing.. it's NOT a bad thing at all.
I tried an "agender" approach and it literally did not work. Having a male body is not just some illusion, it's the actually reality. My brain, the very thing I was using to perceive the world, was running on testosterone.
>>
File: 148054159236463 copy.jpg (36KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
148054159236463 copy.jpg
36KB, 400x200px
>>7955530
Well i wouldn't need to remove all your senses, just your eyes, the reason i'm using the world visual so much in this thread is because that's pretty much THE most important bodily sense we possess out of all our senses, did you know the people who lose their sight after some car wreck or some sudden tragedy have a much high risk of suicide? our eyes tell us so much about the world, it tells us what we like and don't like about this reality.. so again, our sight is extremely important to us as humans..

So if i removed your sight from birth and not from some random tragedy i'm pretty sure you'd feel much more different about how you perceive Gender, for the reason you hate the voice of a man or woman is because you can SEE what it is attached to, and the smells you can SEE what it is attached to, your sight has so much say so over you it will affect your conscious and subconscious, it's what allows you to create scenarios within your mind, allowing you to ponder your thought on such matters.

But again, not try to invalidate your feelings, just bringing up the taboo, and helping you to think more logically about such matters.
>>
>>7955622
>"helping you to think more logically"

>that rambling nonsensical post
>>
File: 1482084187064.jpg (80KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
1482084187064.jpg
80KB, 708x708px
>>7955560
So let me try this green text thing out again and let's see if i don't mess up this time.

>There's a lot more to it than just being visual though, it's actual reality. Tons of testosterone flowing through me felt fucking awful, and I feel way better with estrogen as my primary hormone. I felt massive and rugged and I hated it. I don't suddenly feel okay when I'm in the dark.

Agreed, i never said it was skin deep, but it's not bone marrow piercing deep, it's not what makes us human, it's what allows us to produce offspring, as i said here >>7955119

>I tried an "agender" approach and it literally did not work. Having a male body is not just some illusion, it's the actually reality. My brain, the very thing I was using to perceive the world, was running on testosterone.

i kinda feel like your forcing your self here, not saying it doesn't effect you in a deeper way then something purely visual, but hormones will only change you so much, you are you, and hormones can't change that, but hormones can filter your actions, not necessarily your thoughts.

Again, a visual perception allows you to see what you like and dislike in this world, you see some the idiot men in the world who act like jackasses all jacked up on testosterone and you don't want people to perceive you in that kinda light. again, my point is that our visual aspect effects on a grand scale, in our conscious and subconscious as i also said here >>7955622
>>
>>7955685
Wanna explain your self anon? or would you rather pout?
>>
File: cute-animal-pictures-goat-kid.jpg (314KB, 580x803px) Image search: [Google]
cute-animal-pictures-goat-kid.jpg
314KB, 580x803px
how do i be a gote
>>
>>7954743
>I kinda feel like a lot of people on here might out grow their feelings towards wanting to be a Girl/Woman when they realize being a girl is not all it's cracked up to be.
What is it cracked up to be and what's the reality?
>>
>>7955765
Well everything cracks up to something, but overly cracking something would surly collapse under expectations..

Destiny isn't such a bad game, but they cracked it up to be the game of the decade, so when expectations where failed to meet it made the game much worse then it actually was.. if they where just honest and more realistic the game would of done much better, same thing goes with NoMa-.... no..no.. that game was just bad to begin with nvm that.
>>
>>7955709
>Agreed, i never said it was skin deep, but it's not bone marrow piercing deep, it's not what makes us human, it's what allows us to produce offspring, as i said here >>7955119
Yeah, I can agree with that. I don't buy the whole "spiritually I have always been female" hon crap. I prefer to look at things in a more objective light. I have a medical condition and transition is thus far the best way to alleviate it.

>i kinda feel like your forcing your self here, not saying it doesn't effect you in a deeper way then something purely visual, but hormones will only change you so much, you are you, and hormones can't change that, but hormones can filter your actions, not necessarily your thoughts.
Hormones actually do change your thoughts to a degree, but okay.

So like, yeah, if I was a fucking sea slug or something I probably wouldn't have gender dysphoria. I don't see why it matters though when I'm a able-bodied human that perceives things mainly through sight and sound.
>>
>>7955622
Perception is reality. If I never had the ability to see I still think i'd feel dysphoric since I could still perceive the world around me, and the differences between myself and cis women, with my other senses. Sight is the primary sense of humans, sure, but the blind can still recognize and understand the world around them through touch, smell, and hearing.

If I had no senses, then I wouldn't have that but I couldn't perceive anything else either.
>>
File: mikuappears.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mikuappears.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>7955841
Forgot a cute weeb image :(
>>
>>7954743
This is 4chan, this site was made for anime, so it's silly not to expect people on 4chan to not post anime. But a lot of MtFs end up nerds because they're inherently outcasts.
>I kinda feel like a lot of people on here might out grow their feelings towards wanting to be a Girl/Woman when they realize being a girl is not all it's cracked up to be.
It's not a grass is greener type of situation. It's not a desire seeded from perception its seeded from a mental illness that develops in the womb.
>>
>>7955841
Sorry, i shouldn't of said hormones don't effect your thoughts, i should of said it doesn't effect your thoughts on all that big of a scale, even though it dose effect it to a degree.

And yea, i mean being a sea slug would suck, but having a complex consciousness while also being a sea slug might suck even worse... but then again.. we're sea slugs.. we don't know anything outside the ocean that would makes us jealous.. i'm a sea slug and i want to be a Plankton, so i could feel small and vulnerable, perhaps some cute great white shark-san will come and gobble me up tee-hee... *Shrugs*
>>
>>7955845
Well since you're not blind and you think you'd still feel dysphoric i really can't say much else, because now we're just theory talking.

You don't know how you'd feel and i don't know how you'd feel.

I feel my theory holds more true, but that's only because i'm the one saying and believing it, so again... just a theory talk, and that's fine, this whole thread was meant for food for thought, nothing more then that really. :)
>>
>>7955889
Sea slugs are cute though!

But yeah, there could be some other sense or plane of reality humans can't percieve where the differences between the sexes are even more pronounced, but that's only making me more paranoid.
>>
>>7955279
Have you SEEN a hon try to act like an anime girl?

It's fucking horrifying.
>>
>>7956134
???
>>
>>7955257
this is agp
>>
>>7954948
Sure i can, youre missing a key piece of information. Where is your counterproof to blind transgirls? If a blind person can transition, then where is your proof for it affecting transition rates? The statistic you need here is the rate of transition among the blind vs the sighted.
>>
>>7961391
But he doesn't like girls?
>>
>>7954743
People have BDD and anorexia so they will always shriek wail cry and gouge themselves over their body. If you ever had an eating disorder you might understand.

Also, it makes sense to prioritize looking normal, if you don't you disturb others and that means you've failed everyone and harmed them with your selfishness
>>
File: 1489942618140s.jpg (3KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1489942618140s.jpg
3KB, 124x124px
People don't want real girls because they complain and post on /lblt
>>
>>7964123
>>7964123
>BDD
as much as it's overused here, this is kinda why.
i know i obsess over passing. i question whether i passed or if the person was nice, normally settling on the latter.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.