[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pride parades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: lgbtflag.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lgbtflag.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
im interested in this thread's opinions on the parades.
>how do you feel about the event
>does it really make you proud of your orientation
>your feelings about controversies related to the parades
>>
i'm gay but parades are pure faggotry
>>
>>7950120
FUCKING AGREED
>>
They are an embarrassment to the LGBT community.
>>
File: IMG_8515.jpg (57KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8515.jpg
57KB, 604x453px
>>7950110
I don't really care about it.
No
The only controversy I've heard about them is about BLM in Toronto, but I'm Hispanic so I don't give a shit, really.

Honestly, the only reason why I defend parades is cause right wing fags hate them other than that I don't really care about them nor am I particularly interested in attending one.
>>
File: 1489342872319.jpg (84KB, 700x714px) Image search: [Google]
1489342872319.jpg
84KB, 700x714px
Anybody who thinks theyre degenerate or embarassing to the community needs to fucking go outside and see a hetero parade sometine

at Mardi Gras last year i saw a girl giving a guy head on a float - all parades are sexually liberal and free, thats how these things work. pride parades are in no way unusually sexualised or degenerate compared to other parades

go outside you fucking queers and quit whining about shit on the internet
>>
whether contemporary parades are "degenerate", you can't deny the importance they had historically. and if you dont like the people who go there, and think its embarrassing, why not go there yourself and change that, you lazy faggot??

worse than tumblr with this shit, dont complain if you're fixing jack shit

>>7950151
is right these idiots dont go outside
>>
I've never been to one but the friends I have that have been always tell fun stories. seems like a fun way to celebrate what makes us different.
No, not really.
I don't know much about any controversies either.

>>7950151
>according to this fag all parades are sexual
>Those santa claus parades I attended as a child never featured fellatio
I feel gyped.
>>
>>7950151
>at Mardi Gras last year i saw a girl giving a guy head on a float
Isn't public sex and nudity illegal?
>>
>>7950219

Yes, but so is smoking weed, drinking and being disorderly in public. the cops know people need to blow off steam, so they mostly turn a blind eye on festival days
>>
>>7950110
The Pride Parades are degenerate, but this is a free country (amerifag here) and people can do whatever they want with their time as long as I don't have to fund or attend it.
>>
>>7950110
My biggest problem with pride is that it turned into some sort of moral advertising for everyone and his mom (and/or multimillion dollar enterprise).

You know your parade has lost its original purpose or is being hijacked as fuck, when politicians and banks march along with you.

It has gotten to the point that you could just remove all lgbt people from these parades and nothing would change.
It'd be like BLM without black people, except that the utter irony is more visible in that scenario.
>>
>>7950110
It's always a fun afternoon here in my hometown

It does, I always think it's really funny and encouraging to see the other gays all gathered up in town center

what controversies?
>>
OP here...
what do you think about exhibitionism that is made OK just because there is the parade happening

i dont like them, i think they are perverse and make the LGBT community look even worse

as for those who are ok with the “going around naked in front of kids and stuff“ part, how would you feel if your child saw all this

im just asking because i need a friend of mine to think about this topic
>>
>>7950132
you blindly defend them just because the right doesnt?
>>
>>7950514
>what do you think about exhibitionism that is made OK just because there is the parade happening

I like seeing men make out because I'm gay

>as for those who are ok with the “going around naked in front of kids and stuff“ part, how would you feel if your child saw all this

Just don't take your children out to the fucking parade then.
>>
>>7950526
>you blindly defend them just because the right doesnt?
Not them, but that's pretty much on the same tier as the reasoning the right themselves use, so it doesn't seem particularly stupid in comparison.
>>
File: black lives matter toronto.png (687KB, 681x554px) Image search: [Google]
black lives matter toronto.png
687KB, 681x554px
>>7950132
>BLM in Toronto
I am in Toronto.

This was a fucking outrage.

BLM had the place of honour at the head of the parade, their message was getting all the exposure it reasonably could get from Pride, but it wasn't enough for them. So they spoiled the event for everyone else with their so-called protest, which was actually just a list of ridiculous demands. Thank god the guy they wanted to sign just fucking signed it and then said 'none of their demands are in my authority to grant btw LOL SUCKERS'
>>
Personally, I have no desire to go to any kind of parade because there are large masses of sweaty people, but it's important for the community to remember Stonewall and all that, so if people want to do that with a really obnoxious parade in the dead heat of summer, they can do that I guess.
>>
>>7950574
Fuck BLM, trying to hijack our shit.
>>
>>7950574
BLM and other racial minority entitlement movements are enemies of LGBT people.
>>
>>7951783
Why do non-whites have to choose over our racial identity and being lgbt?
>>
>>7950110
If there was a chance I could meet cute girls, I'd go. But it seems to mostly be half naked guys, soooo, no thanks.
>>
Often the guys with the good bodies in fetish gear that make "gays look bad" are straight "allies" who slut it up during pride
>>
Gay pride parades are not events for gays, lesbians, bisexuals or transgender people, they are an event for cishet women. We operate in a society that benefits cishet women above all others. Cishet women control the majority of wealth in the US and as such companies advertise to them. Cishet women also make up the largest demographic attending pride parades. If you go to a pride parade you will see many people in shorts and shirts marching for their cause. They might be holding a banner. These are the real gay people. Then you will see floats. All floats are privately funded and aim to advertise to the people watching (cishet women). These private companies hire gogo boys and drag queens to be as outragous as possible for more attention to their float (which is trying to sell something through virtue signalling) When the news is trying to cover an event they are not going to show PFLAG marching in white shirts, they are going to show absolute vodka with boys in rainbow thongs. Really the gay image is ruined because it is what cishet women want to see (ever wonder why you never see half naked "lesbians" on floats)
>>
>>7951854
Your race isn't an identity.

You can have your racial identity politics while being LGBT. Just be aware that you are selling out yourself and your LGBT brothers and sisters and are a gender traitor.
>>
>>7952097
>being part of an ethnic group/race isn't an identity
>being lgbt is
ok white faggot. also how am i betraying my gender? you don't even know what i am.
>>
>>7950574
The ridiculous thing is that police protection of the LGBT has been the best thing to ever happen for us and the cities we reside in. In the 80's when gay people had the right to be openly gay and had police protection, gays started to move into the inner city areas where rent was cheap. They built gayborhoods and fixed things up. With the help of the police they lowered crime and increased property value. Under police protection, these areas became prime areas for families and the value of the surrounding area also increased.

Gays are still the number one targets of hate crimes which is even more reason law biding gays love the police.
>>
>>7950110
I think they're an embarrassment and degenerate
yes (my orientation is straight)
>>7950574 this was a complete joke, idk why BLM were ever featured in the parade as they have done absolutely nothing for LGBT people and are a bunch of criminals. It's insane that the parade gave into their demands.
>>
>>7952119
Being LGBT isn't an identity either.

You can be LGBT and you can be a minority. But you can't support LGBT rights and racial identity politics.

>>7952123
>LGBT benefit from law and order
>racist thugs benefit from loss of law and order
This is exactly what I'm saying and why criminals and their supporters like >>7952119 cannot be pro-LGBT.
>>
>>7952167
ok, fine, don't ever come asking why poc's hate faggots and trannies, then.
>>
>>7952182
>coloreds hate LGBT because LGBT believe in the law
>>
Went to my first last year. I really didn't enjoy it. Really loud and obnoxious group. It was like a St Patrick's Day celebration with STIs.
>>
>>7950110
Im not necessarily interested in attending them but i feel they could fuel my AGP as i could crossdress in public safely without getting beat up, so i like them for that reason.

no im not even gay so no. if i were it wouldnt, maybe itd make me feel happier in that my people are getting together for more exposure and acceptance.

Ehh. I dont really care. People complain about kids but kids see worse things on TV so who gives a shit.
>>
>>7950110
>>how do you feel about the event
Hate them; they insist that they represent me but do a piss poor job of it. Only thing we have in common is our taste in gender.
>>does it really make you proud of your orientation
No. I feel ashamed that I'm associated with these idiots by the general populus. Thanks to this, the heterosexuals struggle to see me as a functional member of society deep down.
>>your feelings about controversies related to the parades
I hate the fucking things enough; only made worse by the bitchiness, sluttiness, and general stereotype fuckfest.
>>
>>7950110
I've never been to one but I fully support them.
They're just a celebration and a party.
I understand why the fat shut ins on 4chan hate other people having fun but I think they're great.

I do think those gross leather people should be banned though. But as long as everything is family friendly I don't see the problem.

Who doesn't want to look at hot guys in tiny shorts?
>>
>>7950110
I hate crowds, shitty music, people yelling, cameras, and attention whores.
I avoid pride parades like the plague.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.