[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing Muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Bodyweight.jpg (27KB, 375x227px) Image search: [Google]
Bodyweight.jpg
27KB, 375x227px
Does anyone have experience with starvation or low protein diets to lose muscle mass on their upper body?

What was your diet like?
Did you exercise while doing it?
Did it help to make you appear more feminine?

Made a thread because there are people beyond the MtF community that may be familiar with this.
>>
>>7945295
You won't just lose it on your chest, it'll happen everywhere. C Bale ate only 1 apple and a can of tuna/ day to look like he did in the machinist.

The risks are significant for what you're trying to do to yourself. Take my advice and try to love the body you have instead of craving one you never will. Fuck me for saying that, right?

If weight loss is your goal a diet of primarily carbohydrates (rice, fruits, bread) and vegetables (plant fibre helps you feel full longer i.e. you feel the need to eat less often), secondarily fats (nuts, legumes, and animal fat), and protein tertiary combined with 30 minutes 3x/week of high intensity cardiovascular exercise will have you dropping weight in no time and you'll be the healthier for it.
Become a runner.

I have. I weighed 185 six months ago, now I'm at 150. I run 4 days/ week primarily, but I work out everything; good abs are essential for running, but you can surely get by with little else in the way of upper body stuff if you're trying to stay thin. Remember, low weight + high repetition is great for toning, so you can absolutely exercise your upper body without having to worry about getting to bulky.

In my diet is everything I stated before. I eat lots of rice, vegetables, beans, and fruit.

Just avoid processed foods really. Sucrose (refined sugar) is in all kinds of shit from peanut butter to milk; a fun size snickers bar can stall your weight loss for a week.

Low protein diets can lead to some real bad shit, and if you are trying to appear aesthetically more beautiful this isn't the way to go about it as changes in hair and skin texture are to be expected along with a feeling of weakness and a higher chance of getting sick because your body lacks the proteins to develop antibodies or other immunodefensive macrophages.

If I'm buying a horse I want the one that can run all day, not some sickly lookin' thing that can barely stand; healthy is pretty.
>>
>>7945295
To be crystal clear, Christian Bale wanted to lose another 5 pounds, but the doctors said if he did he'd probably die.

Be. Careful. Anon
>>
>>7945755
>>7945771

Thanks for replying!

I feel I could manage very little in terms of food from a mental perspective, but as you say the physical side its hard to know ones limits.

I know why you say that but I really just can't love myself the way I am, that's why I'm considering this.

Problem is I'm not losing fat, as it stands I have very little fat on my body at all. But I'm an MtF and have a lot of male muscle. So I need to skip the proteins in order for that to deteriorate and that's what concerns me from a health perspective.

As for running, I've been running all my life and my legs are built very solidly. I actually like my legs, so I'm worried that if I did go on a low protein diet and did cardio at the same time then it would be my legs that would shrink not my upper body.

But would exercising the upper body help to induce atrophy or stall it?

Skin and hair will return to normal afterward though I'm sure.
>>
>>7951981
Oogway: My friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours, until you let go of the illusion of control.
Anon: Illusion?
Oogway: Yes.
[points at peach tree]
Oogway: Look at this tree, Anon. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me, nor make it bear fruit before its time.
Anon: But there are things we *can* control.
[kicks the tree so that peaches fall]
Anon: I can control when the fruit will fall!
[he slices a peach and throws the pit to the ground]
Anon: I can control where to plant the seed! That is no illusion, Master!

Oogway: Ah, yes. But no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.

Anon: But a peach cannot defeat Tai Lung!
Oogway: [folding dirt over the peach pit] Maybe it *can*, if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it. To believe in it.
Anon: But how? How? I need your help, master!

Oogway: No, you just need to believe. Promise me, Anon. Promise me you will believe.
>>
>>7951981
You aren't just a product of nature, you are nature naturing; there's everything right about you as you are and as you will become, and as such there's nothing wrong with you...unless you say there is.

I know exactly what it's like to look at myself in the mirror and wish that I was...different or better.
I was doing that "walking between the raindrops" thing for a long time. No relief. Wishing I would wake up the next day as the girl I feel at my very center, but when I opened my eyes I was still me, biologically male. As such my physiological makeup had said "more muscle!" via my hormonal levels. I was pissed, because it was my fault. I had done this to me, and I couldn't take it back.
What changed? I grew tired of feeling so ugly all the time; I realized how much life I was wasting feeling this way, thinking about this all the time. Worrying over the tiniest of perceived imperfections.
So one day I did something crazy, I decided to do whatever in the hell I had to do to find love for myself, because to me death, a literal nothingness, a literal absence of...everything, was preferable to my self-hatred.

You've got to make that choice for yourself too, anon, because no matter what you do you will always be you. It's your fault lol.

Mirror work is very helpful. Stare at yourself in the mirror, and observe your thoughts as you do.
Where does your internal monologue take you? Good feelings? Bad?

Regardless of the feeling, let it in. Make it your friend. If it's self-loathing then so be it.

Try this cheap pop-psychology trick that's worth its weight in gold: RAIN. Recognize, Accept, Investigate, Not judge.

Recognize the feeling, Accept it immediately (it's happening. Cool), Investigate it (where does it come from, like a start or a base? Why is it there? Who is it that's feeling it?), and most importantly, place no judgement on it; we mtf's have an especially acute tendency towards self-criticism as our goals in so many ways will
>>
>>7953231
what a bunch of BS.
I was expecting a clever retort on how what we *can* control is still an illusion, instead all it was was a "lol but a peach seed still grows peach tress amirite?"

I mean I'm a huge proponent of the power of true belief but what a shitty way to teach it.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 116x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 116x200px
yeah I starved myself to get rid of my face fat and it worked. my stomach shrank and I don't eat as much anymore. Just trying to figure out how to make my fat under my chin less pronounced now. Not a double chin but it does offset my face shape slightly. Gonna try cutting out sugars whenever I get the willpower
>>
>>7951981
>>7953299

never truly be achieved in the way we might like. It's within this realization that the Truth is found: the answer is to love yourSelf, because it's all you have and all you ever will.

I bet you're gorgeous. I bet you're a fucking knockout and you're beating yourself up for...why would you do that to you?

Fuck that though. Diet tips. Right.
Help me out a little bit by answering these questions:
1) How old are you?

2) How much do you weigh?

3) Which of these would you say best represents your bone structure/ frame: A) Slim/ slight of frame. B) Average Jane/ medium framed. C) Wide shouldered/ large frame.

4) Which of these best characterizes your bodies tendencies towards weight/ fat distribution:
A) I can't hold on to body fat (think Iggy Pop circa 1970). B) I can gain and lose weight easily (Christian Bale). C) I gain and hold weight easily, but have a hard time losing it.
>>
>>7951981
>Problem is I'm not losing fat, as it stands I have very little fat on my body at all.
This makes me think you are hovering around your base weight, that is, the norm for your body and frame.

>But would exercising the upper body help to induce atrophy or stall it?

It would stall it. If you're trying to make your muscles waste then not exercising those areas is the way to go.
I wouldn't skip on your protein intake though; the real is you can still eat and lose. The trick to weight loss in the absence of exercise is of course to operate on a caloric deficit.

That's it. Maybe you'll shrink, maybe not. You're biologically male and always will be. That's it.

I hope something I've brought here will help you out, but if you're really considering doing this I highly recommend you speak with a licensed nutritionist before you start.

Good luck, lady. May Life bring you exactly that which you want the most.
>>
Should I do this?
I've heard hard dieting fucks up your skin but I'm fucking desperate to lose UB muscle.
My situations kind of unique. My T level was 300 ng/dl for the first 6 months of my transition (my endo was a horrible person) and it's only been 3 months since I switched meds and it dropped down to 11 ng/dl.

Will I lose more muscle naturally or should I try dieting?
>>
>>7953231
But master Oogway, with years and years of breeding we can make those peaches look and taste like apples!

>>7953299
No offense and I'm glad you're trying to comfort me, but that sounds like its stepping dangerously close to delusional and since this is something I can change I would like to try.

>>7953322
I think with face and chin fat the body is really stubborn and will burn muscle before it burns that, at least that is what I've heard. You might need lipo.

>>7953355

1. 23
2. 72 kg, 158lb
3. 186cm, 6"1' so I'd say A.
4. A is closest.

What can you suggest? Thank you in advance too.

>>7953379

It just doesn't seem like I've had any progress lately. I feel like my body is just maintaining what it has and I need to break that at least for a while.

I feel like I might have to, but I'm sure a nutritionist will probably take my money, tell me I look fine and kick me out. They wont get it, just like most people don't.

>>7956117

You'll definitely lose some naturally, I lost quite a bit in the first few months, then the lose stopped; unfortunately, short of my target.
>>
>>7953379
Wouldn't exercising an area without protein to replace the damage just cause it to shrink?
>>
iunno, I'm at 18 months now and I've lost a huge amount of muscle. I didn't notice the change till about 14 months, but my body has lost so much mass.
Maybe just wait it out? Eat healthy, don't lift & let estrogen do the work
>>
>>7960034
I'm at 8 month and getting impatient, I know i should wait but I'm so sick of waiting at this point.
>>
Adderall and chochlate vegggie protein shakes

sauna gets me sweating out that water weight then i snort another and do my 50 laps in the pool.
>>
>>7960390
Sounds like you're building muscle not losing it.
>>
>>7945295
Eat lean food and do cardio. Don't go auschwitz mode that shit is incredibly unhealthy and dangerous.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.