[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got drafted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 3

Im a mtf. I turned 18 a week ago, and today Ive just received a military draft registration letter in the mail. How can I approach this?

Will I still have to sign up if I get a name change? How would I go about legally changing my gender and name? Thank you.
>>
>>7932513
Does this answer the question of whether or not mtfs have male privilege?
>>
>>7932513
What country are you in?
>>
>>7932564
I need help. Please.
>>
>>7932572
America.
>>
>>7932513
You didn't get drafted, you're just expected to sign it. It's technically illegal if you don't, but no one's ever punished for it. If you don't sign it they can't draft you, but you're also not able to get financial aid for college. No clue if that'll change or not after your gender is legally changed, but once you sign the draft you're on it for good I think.
>>
>>7932578
You obviously need to answer >>7932572 and see how to change your legal sex.
>>
>>7932585
Fill it out. You likely would never be drafted anyway. You probably have to update them if you change your name or something.
>>
>>7932513
Just register. If there's actually a draft, you'll be ruled out due to mental illness.
>>
>>7932605
This desu.
>>
>>7932513
Just sign it or else you wont be able to get financial aid. Once you change your name/gender you have to notify the selective service within 10 days.
>>
>>7932589
>It's technically illegal if you don't, but no one's ever punished for it.
Actually you can get denied government jobs and even state ID if you didn't sign.

Sucks not to be cis female.
>>
>>7932513
You can delay registration until you're 26. If you legally change your gender before then you might be eligible for exemption.
>>
>>7932639
Legally delay? How?

>>7932591
I live in north america. Is it as simple as registering for a new id?
>>
>>7932671
Are you the same person who previously said that they are in the United States? Which state exactly?
>>
>>7932683
Oklahoma
>>
>>7932616
>>7932654
Jesus. Fuck feminists like >>7927588 and anyone who defends this unfair shit.
>>
>>7932605
Trannies are allowed in the military now.
>>
>>7932703
So "trans acceptance" has actually made it HARDER for trans women to live as cis women, without fear of conscription.
>>
>>7932661
>>7932513
>>7932688
https://www.sss.gov/Registration-Info/Who-Registration
>U.S. citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register.
So you still need to register even if you legally change your sex.
>>7932605
>Men with disabilities that would disqualify them from military service still must register with Selective Service. Selective Service does not presently have authority to classify men, so even men with obvious handicaps must register now, and if needed, classifications would be determined later.
So you must still register, but will likely be rejected if a draft were to actually be carried out. However, there has been an effort to incorporate transgender people into the military, I do not know if the draft would have different standards than volunteering, though. However, in any case, it is unlikely that the draft would ever be implemented again.
>>
>>7932688
>>7932683
>>7932671
What state were you born in and in what state do you currently have residence in?
>>
>>7932724
mtts arent women
>>
You didn't get drafted, when you turn 18 you are required to sign up for the draft, but nobody has been drafted since Vietnam, and it's highly unlikely anyone will now.

Just say you are either racist, suicidal, or refuse to honor the constitution, in the event you somehow do get drafted.

When you get to MEPS ramble on about how you want to go out in a blaze of glory killing niggers and then yourself or something and you'll be permanently barred from conscription and will never need to worry about it again.
>>
>>7932585
The US military website has answers to these questions. The jist of it is that mtfs still must register for selective service and ftms do not need to but may if they wish.

I recommend looking it up on your own time if you're worried.
>>
Tell me again how it's male private when only men get drafted ?
>>
>>7932513
As a male you have to register, but the military doesn't accept any candidates who require constant medication (i.e. hormones) so make sure you get that orchi.
>>
>>7932781
So....I can literally just bs my way out of this in the event that I do get drafted?
>>
>>7932824
>The jist of it is that mtfs still must register for selective service and ftms do not need to but may if they wish.
WTF? Mtfs get all the discrimination of being male, mtfs get the privileges of being female but get to opt-out if they choose?
>>
>>7932835
I was planning on having an orchirectomy at some point during my hrt therapy. I hope this works.
>>
>>7932851
Because the military considers you your birth gender, regardless of transgender stuff.
>>
>>7932852
If you are the OP, then please answer >>7932738 if you wish to know how to change your ID.
>>
>>7932859
I thought mtfs who joined the military were treated as female? And the bit about ftms being able to sign the draft of they want?
>>
>>7932842
Yeah
>>
>>7932851
I assume it's to prevent people from lying to get out of a draft, but it's not based on any real evidence that would happen. It's not too far fetched though, if you think about if the Vietnam war was happening right now, wouldn't you rather become a different gender instead of very possibly dying in a losing war?
>>
>>7932872
As far as the draft goes, you are your birth gender.
Females can still sign up for the draft if they want, only males are required to.
>>
>>7932872
Whether they are treated female or not once there, they still must register for selective service.
>>
>>7932890
If people are changing gender because of the draft, then the problem is the draft, not the fact they can or do change gender.
>>
>>7932890
The answer is to draft women as well. After all, if the US ever starts drafting men again, we'd be in a desperate as fuck war.
>>
>>7932513
You said you live in America, so this is just the standard selective service registration, everyone that's legally male when they turn 18 have to sign up for it. It's really nothing to worry about, any more than 50% of the population (soon to be 100% since they're going to be extending the selective service thing to females soon anyway) has to worry about. It doesn't mean you're actually going to be drafted - America doesn't even have a draft right now, and it's unlikely to have one in the future (as was seen in the Vietnam War, it tends to reduce the overall military morale, as well as make the war unpopular at home), so they probably wouldn't bother with a draft unless we were literally getting invaded. And again, even if they do have the draft, all this means is that you're eligible, not that you're actually going to be drafted.

>>7932894
Do females get any compensation for signing up? I can understand voluntarily enlisting if they want, but what's the point of signing up for the draft it it's not required and there's no benefit for it?
>>
>>7932919
Well look a country can't survive without a military and that's just a fact of life.

If the country doesn't have the necessary manpower to fight the war they already in, someone has to. Your country protects you, you owe it to your country when it is need. It is a mutually beneficial relationship.
>>
>>7932951
No, but it's an option if you feel it's your patriotic duty or some shit.
>>
>>7932824
I didn't get this, does that mean that because I changed my ID, they didn't recognize me as male?
>>
>>7932926
Desperate like Vietnam?
>>
>>7932962
Unless we are literally getting invaded, this country is not under threat.
The last time the draft was used was the Vietnam war. It wouldn't have hurt the average US citizen one little bit if we stayed out of that one entirely.
War is hardly ever about actually protecting your country.
>>
>>7932962
>Your country protects you, you owe it to your country when it is need. It is a mutually beneficial relationship.
That makes females' relationship a parasitic one. Cis men and mtfs go and die because they 'owe it' while cis women and ftms collect their war widow pensions.
>>
>>7932972
Not everyone gets sent a letter, for example if they don't have your address for some reason or maybe in your case if they thought you were cis female, but all males including mtfs are still legally required to sign up. Even if it's their mistake, you can still get denied federal money later if you weren't registered.
>>
>>7932513
This happens to every man in America. Everyone has to sign it, that doesn't mean that you are drafted. That means that if they do have a draft, which we haven't used since Vietnam, you have the potential to be drafted. Just sign it and break your legs if you get actually called.
>>
>>7933026
>This happens to every man in America.
Not quite every man >>7933000
>>
>>7932975
The political climate has changed and this is a different America than it was 60 years ago.
Unless we're really fucked, modern America is not going to draft people.
There's not a whole lot of value in low-morale, untrained draftees.
>>
you got a selective service notice dummy. Everyone must fill those out. you are NOT being drafted.
>>
>>7933135
>Everyone must fill those out.
>>
>>7933171
Oh come on, you know what that anon meant. All "males" must register for selective service.
It doesn't matter if you can't walk or are literally retarded, you gotta register.
>>
>>7932965
That's still stupid, if you really feel it's your patriotic duty then why don't you just enlist normally? The whole point of the draft is to get the people who DON'T feel that it's their patriotic duty.

>>7932975
With the benefit of hindsight, it's pretty clear that the draft in Vietnam was a mistake, especially given the mental gymnastics that were necessary to say that the US was actually threatened by the Communists in Vietnam. These days it would take a lot more for the draft to be considered acceptable. If Russia starts invading Germany or France or something, then we might start drafting people again, but I don't really see that happening.
>>
>>7933192
I have a feeling that unless World War 3 is happening, the first politician that actually seriously suggests a draft would be committing political suicide.
>>
>>7933192
>The whole point of the draft is to get the people who DON'T feel that it's their patriotic duty.
>the people
The cis men and the trans women. Not the people.
>>
>>7933237
Hey, if you notice, the post anon was replying to was talking about the fact females can sign up for the draft, so people is accurate there.
>>
>>7933237
It should come as no surprise that a male skeleton and naturally stronger muscles are advantageous in combat.
>>
Selective service requires all "male persons" to sign up for selective service when they turn 18. Furthermore, there is legislation in place to require all women who turn 18 after Jan 1, 2018 to sign up as well.

Don't worry though, it's not a draft. It just means that if there is a draft, they can call on you. It's unlikely that we'll ever have a draft in the future, and if there is, there's a number of ways to get out of it.
>>
File: smug shrug.jpg (7KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
smug shrug.jpg
7KB, 242x208px
Just rip the sucka up nigga.

US government (more like naziment, amirite) can't force you to fight its wars tbqh.
>>
>>7932513
Registering for the draft is NOT being drafted, we haven't had a draft since Vietnam and it was a complete disaster
>>
>>7934269
>implying there won't be another Vietnam soon
>>
>>7934286
i voted for trump so there won't be :)
>>
>>7934286
Even still, that doesn't mean they'll use the draft. People didn't like it back then, it would be a disaster now.
Plus, advances in technology means we need less men anyway.
>>
>>7932513
>no one has been prosecuted for failure to comply with draft registration since 1986, in part because prosecutions of draft resisters proved counter-productive for the government, and in part because of the difficulty of proving that noncompliance with the law was "knowing and wilful".

What letter?
>>
America doesn't currently have a draft. You just have to REGISTER for the draft in the event that it's reinstated. Nothing will come of it and you can go on with your transition as normal.
>>
>>7934269
>>7934286
>>7934335
It's incredibly unlikely they'll force another draft, and if they do, there will be way too many deserters or draft dodgers.
>>
>>7932703
If there ever comes to be a situation in which the US is re instituting the draft all of these feel good trans/women/gay inclusion acts will go out the window.
>>
>>7934998
Some Euro countries do.
>>
>>7934245
They'll jail you. Have fun in prison as a tranny, that'll go real nice.
>>
>>7935046
If it comes to another draft, I have a feeling we'll be in such a desperate position, they'll take anyone who can hold a gun.
>>
>>7934998
Current U.S. military strategy is basically designed around the assumption that there will not be another draft. You'll have a lot of warning if that is going to ever change. I'm talking about headlines like "Trump completely redefines U.S. military strategy going forward".
>>
>>7939883
>Revolutionary War
>War of 1812
>Civil War
>World War I
>World War II
>Cold War conflicts
Which of these were desperate enough that women were conscripted?
>>
>>7935046
>need people in military to the point where you are forcing citizens to join against their will
>arbitrarily decide not to allow women and gays to join willingly, despite women being allowed to join the military in a limited fashion since WW1
(you)'re an idiot
>>
>>7939890
You misunderstood. What I'm saying is that the draft is NOW seen solely as a last resort thing.
Military tech has increased to the point where raw untrained manpower is just not effective anymore. Not to mention, it wouldn't go down well. Vietnam proved it just leads to the anti-war sentiment and low morale.
>>
>>7939890
but you didn't say that women wouldn't get conscripted, you said that the inclusion policies would go out the window.

typical /pol/ moving the goalposts again
>>
>>7939915
Other countries maintain conscription.
>>
>>7939930
But I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about America and how Americans view the draft.
Our volunteer army is huge, we don't need to conscript people to keep numbers up.
>>
>>7932513
21 and still haven't registered, unless it happens on the auto
>>
>>7932513
What's wrong, OP? A sick "woman" like you will love being raped by a whole squad of mens.
>>
>>7940073
You might want to get on that. It's not hard at all, and once you're 25, that door closes.
Even if it never comes up that's better than potentially getting fucked out of benefits.
>>
>>7932513
Register so you don't get fucked out of any benefits.
It will probably never come up, but if it does:

>In the event of a resumption of the draft, individuals born male who have changed their gender to female can file a claim for an exemption from military service if they receive an order to report for examination or induction.

source: https://www.sss.gov/QA
>>
>>7940073
if you get pulled over they can arrest you for life, its a felony. Just say you are gay and have ashma and you wont be drafted
>>
>>7932513
Why not join the military? If you're a cute little trans girl, they'll put you in the men's section and you can have them manhandle your feminine boobs and stare at them in the showers at basic training.
>>
>>7933290

The Republicans dropped that bill. Instead, they're considering getting rid of the SSS entirely. http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/ndaa-women-draft-dropped
>>
>>7932513
Congratulations on being autistic enough to think America is using a fucking draft in 2017 during peacetime
>>
>>7940385
write this.
>>
>>7935046
Exactly
>>
>>7932781
>it's highly unlikely anyone will now
Until
>>
>>7933075
Uh huh uh huh uh huh. Gotcha. Right. Sure thing. Yeah, you've got it all figured out
>>
>>7939915
Yeah, the proof from past wars will do the trick. It could NEVER happen again. Technology and sheeit.

When tech goes dark people are all that's left to charge into the machine gun fire. Just because we bomb our problems away at high altitudes typically doesn't mean it could never happen again. That said, this is the nuclear age. War itself is the real enemy now.

Fuck, the war drums are beating in America currently. All this administration needs is a Reichstag fire. Within the past month alone the Trump administration has threatened both Iran and just yesterday North Korea with military action.

Quit being so fucking naive
>>
>>7946211

If you're implying trump will cause world war 3 or whatever, there still probably wont be a draft. Having a thousand untrained draftees is worth less than onr talented drone pilot.
>>
>>7946276
I don't see a draft for anything less than total war at this point, true enough. Can you with 100% certainty tell me that any war however small couldn't spark the big one? No, I know you can't.

For instance, the THAAD anti-missle systems that the US just placed in South Korea for 'their' defense promoted a strong backlash from China; it is most certainly well within the realm of possibility that and 'small' proxy war that dildos like you think can be so contained and hermetically sealed could easily push us into a much larger conflict.
If Russia starts annexing countries because the perceive, you know, they do that some times it could push us there.
If a nuke goes off anywhere in the world, the near or middle east, Europe, wherever, the geopolitical climate would be standing on a knife edge, ready at a moments notice to end it all with the push of a button.

To quote Einstein, "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Everyone would be fighting or running for their lives no matter the gender.

Tell yourself it could never happen if it helps you sleep at night, but you're wrong.
>>
File: dk_fresh fruit.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dk_fresh fruit.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>7932513
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95yLXVgrn4
>>
>>7932769
true kek
>>
Just because you register doesn't mean you'll be drafted. You'd still have to pass all their medical tests and everything beforehand and being mtf that would basically be an immediate disqualifier.
>>
>>7932513
Sign the draft, as your old name to be eligible for government aid. When you change your gender, and on the off chance a war breaks out, you will be medically unfit to serve, because you're trans (mentally ill and dependent on medication).
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.