[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: neo_cop.gif (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
neo_cop.gif
8KB, 150x150px
the Real Life Test is no longer the norm for people seeking HRT
>>
>>7930563
man neopets was so great, i still pick it up occasionally
anyway it being the norm for hrt fucked a lot of people over through inability to pass, and it being the norm for srs was not killed but toned down by various factors, the biggest one i can think of off the top of my head being anne lawrence's studies on if it results in better outcomes (it did not)
>>
>>7930563

Because the vast majority of people seeking HRT will not pass without it, making it a public hazing experience.
>>
>>7930573
>>7930586
If a transperson takes hormones and SRS "too late," and never fully passes, is that the end of the line for them? Seems grim.

Rephrased: the only way for transpeople to experience long lasting satisfaction is to successfully pass in the eyes of other people? This is the second time I feel that I've encountered the idea of validation from the outside in and it just doesn't sit right with me. We discourage that notion in girls all the time these days, but is it ok to make trans people place all their worth in how people see them?

All of this to say, a transperson with whom the issue is gender dysphoria should feel relieved just from being able to wear women's clothing and using a woman's name, etc. (assuming a non-hostile environment), without necessarily having to go through to hormones or SRS RIGHT AWAY, but at least having the knowledge it will come in time.
>>
It's not real test if you don't actually look like a woman.

RLT/RLE is ok for SRS though, minimum two years. It should be 5 years for people over 30yo.

HRT should be prescribed on wish though.
>>
File: mini smugsister.jpg (3KB, 101x92px) Image search: [Google]
mini smugsister.jpg
3KB, 101x92px
>>7930586
If you don't pass before HRT then you should never be allowed to start hormones in the first place, hon.
>>
>>7930652
You see, when you don't pass as a transwoman you get harassed constantly. And it's difficult to compare the self esteem of teenagers with an actual mental illness with a social effect (gender being a very social thing [not a construct]) Not only that the idea of RLE will push away anyone who may be too timid or simply too scared to try and present female without actually looking like one, again with harassment and such being so common with non passing mtfs.
>>
>>7930758
If one is too scared to present as a their non-birth gender in public before hormones, how does one do it? Medicating in secret for about 5 months while still presenting as birth gender, then suddenly switching to the opposite gender? I think the animeface poster has some merit to their post: if you never present as the opposite gender before making such a great leap as being on hormones for several months, you have 0 way to accurately assess you likelihood of passing AS WELL AS whether or not you can handle the scrutiny of being clocked, AS WELL AS the stigma that is attached to coming out to friends, family, and co-workers. Which you will have to do anyway, and their reaction would likely not be dramatically different based on how convincingly you pass.

"too timid or simply too scared to try and present female without actually looking like one"
Is this where the NEET tranny meme comes from? Christ, if this is the case, wouldn't it be better to try and be functional as your birth gender than a prisoner of the opposite gender?

Teenagers who develop eating disorders and body dysmorphic are suffering from a mental illness that comes from society, too. Gender dysphoira shares that in common with those two illnesses.

Perhaps RLE need not be a year, but it seems ridiculous that (i supposed in the world of online shopping and the online gender community) people actually start by experimenting with hormones to change their real-life gender before even attempting to experience what living life as that gender could mean, even if you only get a crude view. Which is fine, because unless you pass perfectly your life will never be exactly that of those who are naturally your non birth gender.
>>
>>7930799
>>7930799
>If one is too scared to present as a their non-birth gender in public before hormones, how does one do it?

By starting HRT and making small changes towards transitioning that will overtime build up and cause boy mode / girl mode to fail. Expecting yourself to go from girl to boy / boy to girl overnight is a ridiculous assumption / expectation to make for most people unless you started very very young.

>Teenagers who develop eating disorders and body dysmorphic are suffering from a mental illness that comes from society, too. Gender dysphoira shares that in common with those two illnesses.

Source?

>wouldn't it be better to try and be functional as your birth gender than a prisoner of the opposite gender?

No because dysphoria doesn't just magically go away over time assuming it's been present for 2 years or more, in fact the opposite happens.

>Perhaps RLE need not be a year, but it seems ridiculous that (i supposed in the world of online shopping and the online gender community) people actually start by experimenting with hormones to change their real-life gender before even attempting to experience what living life as that gender could mean, even if you only get a crude view. Which is fine, because unless you pass perfectly your life will never be exactly that of those who are naturally your non birth gender.

Forcing someone to undergo a RLT for a year is probably one of the most disgusting things you can do to a human being, its inhumane and cruel. Even if this trans person in question doesn't end up passing perfectly by your or their standards, forcing them into a RLT isn't going to give them any deep insights on transitioning besides "wow being a non passing TG person really sucks."

Also where do you stand on body autonomy? Do you think it's right for someone to be able to tell a person with no other issues besides GD they can't transition until they essentially live as a caricature of their target gender for a year?
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 350x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 350x708px
>rle
>>
>>7930799
can you leave pls
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.