[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BPA linked to LGBT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170315-002609.jpg (777KB, 2491x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170315-002609.jpg
777KB, 2491x1024px
I know it's a ridiculous question but I have read of studies which concluded that exposure to BPA in womb and during first 1-3 years of life have been linked to a number of issues such as: poor emotional regulation/impulse control, asthma, obseity, PCOS and erectile dysfunction.

Is there any definitive evidence out there proving that there is an impact on sexual behavior and/or development of the brain's 'gender'? I don't mean to be alarmist, but the idea that so much of my sense of self and behavior has been influenced by environmental factors kind of weirds me out.
>>
>>7922492
No it isn't OP. Being LGBT is a consequence of upbringing.
>>
>>7922492
Honestly that, as well as all the other xenoestrogens, plastics, birth control, etc. in the water supply and in our everyday lives is probably influencing everything too.
>>
>>7922501
This. People are quick to criticize arguments on causality of GD but don't consider the fact that these things could be causing the brain to develop differently, hand in hand

Although one would expect a higher rate if that were the case
>>
File: 1488079368269 (1).jpg (15KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
1488079368269 (1).jpg
15KB, 363x321px
>>7922501
Absolutely. I can't help but wonder what the consequences are, for society at large. It kind of scares me but only becwuse it isn't clear to me.

>>7922515
Indeed. I am no scientist but it sounds like a certain level of exposure to certain plastics during pregnancy and infancy may lead to actual changes in the brain. I realize that LGBT predates some chemical that was designed in the late 1800s but still, I don't know what to believe and I think certain industries profit from silence from consumers and researchers.
>>
>>7922492
>Is there any definitive evidence out there proving that there is an impact on sexual behavior and/or development of the brain's 'gender'?
No, there's really not. It is pure speculation on this point. It might be worth researching, but I think it far more likely that psychological imprinting during the early years of puberty determines these things. Basically, your first sexual "events" (not necessarily even any kind of sexual activity, but just noticing other people's bodies in a sexual way) imprint on you and determine your sexuality for life.

>>7922497
Upbringing can definitely be a major factor for imprint events.
>>
>>7922806
I've seen lots of stories of people acquiring kinks earlier than puberty and I would assume orientation is acquired earlier still.
>>
>>7922827
>stories of people acquiring kinks earlier than puberty
I doubt such stories, desu.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.