[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Children and gender dysphoria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: possum.jpg (111KB, 635x762px) Image search: [Google]
possum.jpg
111KB, 635x762px
So what's the consensus on children (15 - 17) with gender dysphoria?

Puberty (aka not always welcome changes in one's body) has been seen to sometimes cause depression, and maybe some children could hear about dysphoria and latch onto that as a cause of their discomfort.
But can someone really persuade themselves they are trans at that age, and only later realise they have made a mistake?

Have there been cases of dysphoria appearing at the onset of puberty, but later disappearing and leading to a normal life ?

Not trying to start shit, just trying to understand.
>>
Most children with gender confusion resolve them entirely past puberty. The stat is 98% IIRC. Do you want me to look for the source?
>>
>>7906910
I'd like a more detailed source, sure. That seems like a huge proportion.
>>
>>7906928
>>7906873
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2014/09/02/peds.2013-2958
http://www.jaacap.com/article/S0890-8567%2816%2931941-4/fulltext

Sorry, sources are here on early doing well.

>>7906910
That's a lie, the only group that claimed that is a tiny SPLC hate group that also claims homosexuality has a 90% cure rate with children.
>>
>>7906923
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
Number five
According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5
http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
>>
>>7906937
>>7906943
I suppose The American College of Pediatricians is a shady conservative group that cannot be trusted? Goofy ass.
>>
>>7906873
they're late transitioners who are doomed to be twinkhons
>>
>>7906873
The clinical trials proove that treating with blockers gives the best of all outcomes.

Also, they found that late (18+) treatment raises lifetime mortality by roughly fourty times relative to early treated. In every category of wellbeing and accomplishment, the early group far outperformed the late controlls.

The late have a bleak prognosis indeed.
>>7906910
That's not a peer reviewed study, it's lunacy coming from the same people who call evolution a lie https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_College_of_Pediatricians
>>
>>7906946
>>7906943
These people are nuts. They claim you can cure 90% of gay kids by shocking. They flooded schools with those pamphlets. No joke.

Also, the ama kicked all of its members out and they no longer have the right to practice medicine.
>>
>>7906962
Back it up my lad.
>>
>>7906910
>Do you want me to look for the source?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7906967
>The ACPeds letter to the superintendents primarily addressed same-sex attraction, and recommended that "well-intentioned but misinformed school personnel" who encourage students to "come out as gay" and affirm them as such may lead the students into "harmful homosexual behaviors that they otherwise would not pursue." The ACPeds letter to the superintendents also stated that gender dysphoria will typically disappear by puberty "if the behavior is not reinforced" and similarly alleged that "most students (over 85 percent) with same-sex attractions will ultimately adopt a heterosexual orientation if not otherwise encouraged."[22][20]

run along pedophile. Your tiny group of 100 is a disgrace amongst all the hundred thousand strong doctors groups
>>
File: 1469819979360.jpg (72KB, 604x519px) Image search: [Google]
1469819979360.jpg
72KB, 604x519px
>>7906973
literally crying rn you are such a big meanie pants
>>
>>7906974
Do you actually believe I am a member of the ACP or are you just retarded
>>
>>7906984
Nah, you're just like one of those kid fetishizing people who pushed them acpedo here along with sexualized images of kids and got bans.

Granted they're a joke and can't practice medicne so they could make an orangutan a member and nobody would object
>>
File: 14800663621 1.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
14800663621 1.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
At 15 I started developing in ways that made me really depressed, and I realized I really didn't wanna be a boy
So I bought some hormones and don't see myself ever regretting it
>>
>>7906873
I felt strongly that I was ftm when I was 11-14, thought it was inevitable that I should transition and felt truly like a male trapped in a females body.

Im now completely happy with myself, and feel no desire to transition or be seen as male at all.

>>7906943
I dont know how legit these stats are, but I would believe them as I have personally experienced it and it is logical that when going through severe bodily changes you may reject them - especially if there is another source of pain in your life, so you may subconsciously want to become someone else or idealize something, like the opposite gender, as a way of escaping your current pain. I felt like my dad didnt love me, I had no friends, and was intensely lonely. Or maybe youre just confused because your body is changing and you're a kid.
>>
>>7907123
What age did you change your mind about wanting to transition
>>
>>7906946

That's exactly what they are. Don't you know how they were formed? This comparison of the AAP and ACP shows the ACP likely has no scientific grounds on which to base the claim transitioning children is harmful. They simply have no resources. http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2011/10/06/the-american-college-of-pediatricians-versus-the-american-academy-of-pediatrics-who-leads-and-who-follows/

I suppose they don't say which part of the DSM claims that percentage of desisters, do they? From my own copy I can see it does mention desistance, but it also mentions re-emergence of dysphoria after desistance.
>>
>>7907123
These stats aren't a peer reviewed study. It's from a tiny fringe group that publishes >>7906974
>>
>>7907123
Also, I have Aspergers.

Females with autism show a much higher rate of having gender related issues than other females.

I knew a kid who felt he was mtf, and he also had autism, along with many other issues.
>>
>>7907129

I realized that my gender didnt make me unhappy and that everything I wanted to do in life didnt need me to be male to do it
And that even if I were "male inside" then I simply could exist as I was and see the world as I did, and did not need to change my outer world when my inner mental one was already fine.

As I became a happier person, I became happier with myself and who I already was, and I very much enjoy who I am.

Another important thing to note is that when I hit 14 I also got a boyfriend(who I am still with). It makes me kek when people on here get so butthurt at the notion that you just "need to find the right man/woman"

Perhaps for some that is exactly what they need to be happy, if they would even bother with trying to do so!
>>
>>7907132
Was the kid really mtf?
>>
>>7907130
Transitioning children physically should be illegal because we should not make performing any permanent alteration of a child legal

This means hormones, or getting their ears pierced, or circumcision, or tattoos...
>>
>>7907132
So before you condemn nearly half of all male youth with GD to death, and cite a crazy group that writes pamphlets insisting that shocking away gay works almost all the time, you should realize your situation isn't like theirs.
>>
>>7907156
Yep, he still is, though hopeless about his chances in life and rather insane. He also had a very shitty child and and home situation.
>>
>>7907148
Impressive that a bf you got with at 14 is still your partner as an adult, never mind LGBT.

Do you think your relationship saved you from dysphoria?
>>
>>7907170

That's because there's plenty of studies showing that without early blockers the prognosis is dire

Blockers are reversible, but he's well on his way to death because he didn't get any.
>>
>>7907170
How is she coping without transition? What led to repression for her?
>>
>>7907148
I mean 15 is pretty young.

This is why I always stress the importance of seeking therapy and a medical diagnosis for at least several months before starting medical treatments to transition.

I myself spoke with a gender therapist about 5 times, and then went to a transgender clinic where I was cleared by two psychiatrists and the head endocrinologist there before I could start T.

I don't doubt a lot of people think theyre trans and end up not being, which is why there is supposed to be a few road blocks in the way between them and physical transition.

Not to mention no one should start E or T or have surgeries before 16 imo
>>
>>7907162
I wasnt the anon citing that group and I said I did not know how legitimate it is

I am not condemning anyone to death - if someone kills themselves thats their choice and not mine. Many people live in far worse conditions than male youth with GD and those people do not kill themselves.

Half of male youth with GD do not kill themselves - the other half need to grow a pair. So do women who are suicidal.

I genuinely believe feeling suicidal is simply a mechanism to cull the weak.
>>
>>7907191
>This is why I always stress the importance of seeking therapy and a medical diagnosis for at least several months before starting medical treatments to transition.
I don't think outsourcing responsibility and decision-making to 'the professionals' is the answer.
>>
>>7907192
Excellent. So I can cheer trump on as he cuts off your taxpayer money for title X, contraception and SsDI.

I have no reason to give a cent to parasites who also want to hurt us.

Grow a pair and work for yourself!
>>
>>7907192
>women who are suicidal
That's around a fifth of the number of men who kill themselves.
>>
>>7907201
And why is that?
>>
>>7907192
>>7906873
>>7907123
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/132/4/66

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3025417/

Reminder that contraceptives are given over the counter to children with no health exams what so ever.

And they kill or permanently disable more than 1 in 2000 girls under 18 a year, when they're in perfect health. It's even more atrocious with at risk.

How can you monsters support little girls killing themselves or losing limbs to deadly procedures like abortion and contraception.

Keep your baby killing away from kids
>>
>>7907224
>citing an organization that supports female and male circumcision
>>
>>7907192
>I genuinely believe feeling suicidal is simply a mechanism to cull the weak.
Says le autism bucks
>>
>>7907224
your first link doesnt even work
>>
>>7907177
Not sure I understand your sentence.

Unsure, in the beginning of my relationship I actually felt it worse. I think he just made me happy in general, and that changes many different things.

>>7907184
If he is on his way to death, it is because he chose that. I cant understand why you remove all personal responsibility from those who commit suicide - if they arent responsible for themselves then theres nothing wrong with saying theyre incapable of declaring themselves trans.

Anyway hes suicidal because he is friendless, his mother is a druggie, hes failing school, and his father struggles to keep afloat.

>>7907190
Last I talked to them the only thing that brought them joy was caring for their little brother. He just felt that transitioning was impractical, I dont know beyond that.

>>7907191
Yea I think trans people who will be trans people their entire lives certainly exist - Im just very anti child transitioning and Im not against the road blocks. There are so many people on here who would have put me on blockers at 11, cut my hair, dressed me up, and my temporary feelings would have turned into a permanent state - one that turned out not to be what who I was, so it would have harmed me for this to happen. There are way too many people who think that transitioning or trying to should be the first response all the time and it should be easy as sin to get access to hormones and surgery.
>>
>>7907224
I dont, I think abortion should be illegal and birth control pills should be illegal for anyone under 18

>>7907232
I dont receive any government money

>>7907211
I can buy my own condoms, and I dont receive anything for title X or SsDI.

>>7907221
And none of them are my responsibility
>>
>>7907231
They did clinical trial supervised by the federal gov, lie and you go to jail.

Sure is a hell of a lot more trustworthy than a fringe group that claims you can shock gay away 90% of the time.
>>
>being against early transitioning
For what reason?
>>
>>7907234
>>
>>7907253
Because it isnt always the best answer and sometimes the dysphoria goes away

If I begun transitioning when I felt like I wanted to, I would have been insanely depressed now.
>>
>>7907252
>trusting the feds over fringe groups
>trusting the feds ever

kek
>>
>>7907250
You get contraceptives subsidized by taxpayers, you get subsidized insurance and other things you leach parasitically from us. You get family planing subsidies from us. You wouldn't do shit without your taxpayer money.

Good, ban contraception and abortion from under 18. But even the 18+ has it subsided at our cost and you get it deregulate and without the thousands in psych screening to make sure you aren't killing a baby out of derangement.

We need a complete victory for prolife, and fiscal conservatives it's unjust that you parisitize us while trying to take away our own rights.
>>
>>7907260
So? Some people need to transition, and they should do it as young as possible
>>
>>7907267
Says the guy who's alive because prescriptions
>>
>>7907260
It doesn't go away if they met the criteria for body dysmorphia which you need for a GID diagnosis. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2014/09/02/peds.2013-2958
>>
>>7907250
>I can buy my own condoms, and I dont receive anything for title X or SsDI
bullshit, why do you think your physical exams and preventative care are so cheep
>>
>>7907279
I get no taxpayer money you dumbfuck

How am I getting free contraceptives in anyway that you arent?
I get no psych screening, Ive literally never seen a pyschologist

You are completely pulling assumptions out of your ass. Are you trying to make fun of of prolife and fiscal conservatives?

>>7907295
I met that criteria once, and it went away.

>>7907286
The only prescriptions I have ever had was penicillin, for strep throat, when I was a little kid.

Its hilarious watching all of you try to attack me for shit Ive never done
>>
>>7907304
Havent been to a doc in years
I get nothing you do not get

I have access to what you have access to and nothing else

You have to apply to receive those benefits anyway and I never have, nor did my parents
>>
>>7907239
A relationship lasting so long when you started it so young is impressive. For straight or gay people, cis or dysphoric.

>I think he just made me happy in general, and that changes many different things.
Do you think you'd feel dysphoric again if you were single?
>>
I started realizing I was ftm when I was 14-15 and now I'm 17. I always think that I might grow out of it even though my dysphoria is pretty strong, idk if it will change later when I am older but I know people that thought they were trans but really weren't. At all.
>>
>>7906873
>Have there been cases of dysphoria appearing at the onset of puberty, but later disappearing and leading to a normal life ?

>tfw depression sets in at puberty
>sex ed taught me that it's natural to feel uncomfortable and confused and even ashamed
>mfw read about GID at 25

just fuck my shit up tbdesu
>>
>>7907336
>it just went away
Maybe explain that more clearly? Did it just disappear overnight or did you do anything in order to accept your birth body?
>>
>>7906943
>According to the DSM-V, as many as 98% of gender confused boys and 88% of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.5
Having read the DSM V I know this is an outright lie.
>>
>>7907191
>Not to mention no one should start E or T or have surgeries before 16 imo
I was articulating that I was a girl and not a boy at 7. Judging by my sisters, if I'd been put on blockers, I'd look like a model. As is after years of fighting doctors for them I finally got on hormones at 16. My face is messed up, but my body is still model tier. Now I have to go through with FFS.
>>
>>7907252
>Sure is a hell of a lot more trustworthy than a fringe group that claims you can shock gay away 90% of the time.
Notice they never say that most who go through shock treatment have unsatisfying lives after. It kills brain cells, and damages skills and memories. It's barbaric cruel and unusual punishment for not fitting into society's ideal of a person.
>>
>>7907285
Yes!!!!
>>
>>7907445
>>Have there been cases of dysphoria appearing at the onset of puberty, but later disappearing and leading to a normal life ?
no. Some accommodation needs to be done. Remember, not every transgender needs to medically transition.
>>
>>7906873
yes, being an adult makes you miserable
unfortunately the only cure for that is a hot lead injection
>>
>>7911568
We'll start with injecting a few cc of hot lead into your brain stem. If you can't articulate that it made you better, then it obviously doesn't work.
>>
i think we should be supportive of LGBT kids under the age of 18. this includes boys who are thinking about transitioning.

if theyre sure they want to transition, then we should support them 100%.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.