[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are cis people so transphobic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: trans.jpg (2MB, 2732x2000px) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
2MB, 2732x2000px
Why are cis people so transphobic?
>>
>>7902819
They have nothing on trans people.
>>
File: omoh.jpg (80KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
omoh.jpg
80KB, 800x524px
>>7902819
It's just a part of not wanting faggotry in their corner of the world.
>>
>>7902819

Alternative and legitimate interpretations of the statements in OPs image:

"Ive never met a trans person before"
>I've never met a person who has come out to me as trans before.

"I would date a trans person"
>I'm letting you know that I'm open to dating trans people, because the majority of people wouldn't date a trans person.

"You look just like a real woman"
>I don't know trans slang, so I don't know that i'm supposed to say "You pass" and I've accidentally put my foot in it.

"i'm glad you're being honest with me about being trans"
> Stigma still unfortunately exists around being trans, and I appreciate that you trust me enough to be honest.

"I love trans people!"
> trans culture and the issues it raises about gender and identity are interesting and beautiful to me.

It's so hard to switch nouns
>"Having to ask someone what their preferred pronouns are, and using "zim" or "zer" in everyday language, is incredibly rare for me. As such, there is a learning curve.

Brush the chip off your shoulder.
>>
>>7902932
I agree with the "never met" "would date" and "glad you're honest" ones, but the other ones seem like they've got undeniably negative parts

Like saying "You look just like a real woman" seems like a backhanded compliment, like saying "I can barely see your acne!"

Saying "I love trans people" could go either way, depending on whether or not they're saying it to show they accept trans people, or if they're one of those people that obsess/fetishize anyone LGBT.

For the "It's so hard to switch nouns" one, it's okay to think it but actually saying it to a trans person's face seems rude and passive aggressive. Also outside of the internet I have never found someone who asks for zim/zer/xir type pronouns. Only she/he/they.
>>
>>7902932
In 99% of case the real meanings are Op's picture. Stop deluding yourself!
>>
>>7902819
thanks for the good laugh op
>>
Oh god, that comic is so fucking whiney.
>>
>>7903140
>no cis friends
>>
>>7903147
It's written by a woman, what you expect?
>>
>try to be nice to trans
>"fucking transphobe! Dis cis scum"
>stop trying to be nice to trans
>>
>>7907312
dont misgender them, shitlord
>>
This comic makes me not want to be around trans people out of fear of offending them.
>>
>>7908853
>not want to be around trans people
fucking transphobe
>>
File: really nigga.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>7902819
>Why are cis people so transphobic?

It's called stop being such a sensitive faggot
Stop feeling like everyone who is straight is somehow against "you".

Think like an adult and understand that nobody give a fuck about your problems (because we all have problems) and if they do, then those are the one who care about you and those are the ones you should care about

If a cis person is having a conversation with and you get offended by them wanting to talk to you about "your" people, then you're the problem

You're judging that someone (without even knowing the person) has ill intent only because they didn't phrase it the way you wanted.

You can do whatever the fuck you want, but you can't assume/expect people to think like you or even like you in general

You not a snowflake or some "special" person. You're fucking different and that's to be expected because WE ALL ARE DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER!!!! It's called society
>>
Okay but what fucking weirdo walks around the produce section in a grocery store muttering about how he can identify trans people
>>
>>7909174
Kramer?
>>
>>7902819
We aren't.
Frankly, nobody who doesn't need a good dose of self-actualisation gives a flying fuck.
>>
File: 1462579469416.gif (785KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1462579469416.gif
785KB, 245x230px
>>
>>7902819
Trannies really are the most easily offended people there are. No wonder most of them are SJW's.
>>
>>7909174
More like
Nobody has ever told them that they're trans
>>
>>7902932
Let me address all your points

>>I've never met a person who has come out to me as trans before.

Then that's what the person should say, that they've never met someone who they KNEW for certain was trans. The implication of "I've never met a trans person before" as a definite statement, is very clear.

>>I'm letting you know that I'm open to dating trans people, because the majority of people wouldn't date a trans person.

I guess this isn't so bad, but it's just kind of unnecessarily making things weird. Like if someone mentioned that they don't mind your negative traits, WHILE they're hitting you. It comes off as something meant to reduce your own self-esteem, so that they have more of a chance with you.

>>I don't know trans slang, so I don't know that i'm supposed to say "You pass" and I've accidentally put my foot in it.

In this case, the person still needs to be educated/informed as to what they should say, in which case, the comic is still relevant because it explains why "you look just like a real woman" is a bad thing to say.

>>Stigma still unfortunately exists around being trans, and I appreciate that you trust me enough to be honest.

What you wrote has a very different connotation from the line in the comic, although I think the stickler here is the "honesty" insinuation. Technically it's correct that you are being "honest" about yourself, but your acquaintances do not necessarily have a right to that information. So refraining from telling them something so personal would not really be "dishonesty". This is why your statement of "I appreciate that you told me" has a much different connotation, because it implies that the trans person volunteered that information when they weren't obligated to, which is true.

1/2
>>
>>7909395
2/2

>>trans culture and the issues it raises about gender and identity are interesting and beautiful to me.

This is still kinda weird tbqh, I don't really think there's any context where you as a cis person saying "I LOVE TRANS PEOPLE" like you're Charlie Day trying not to sound racist, is gonna come off as anything but weird and unnecessary.

>>"Having to ask someone what their preferred pronouns are, and using "zim" or "zer" in everyday language, is incredibly rare for me. As such, there is a learning curve.

I'm not sure if the comic is talking about switching between different pronouns for the sake of a genderqueer person, or if it's talking about "switching pronouns" from one to the other, for the sake of a transitioning person. But in the former case, I think this complaint is understandable, but not likely to be relevant in day-to-day interactions with people. I haven't met many people who use genderneutral pronouns other than "they/them", or who actually switch their pronouns around. So most of the people who complain about "zim/zer" shit are just self-professed "anti-SJWs" online who have never actually experienced this stuff in person.

Anyway, the one thing I don't really like about the OP isn't even in the comic, it's the insinuation that all cis people are like this. Whereas I think most cis people I know, would recognize most of these statements as kind of weird and fucked up. Like I know that if anyone said this shit around me, I would kind of glance sideways at my friends and then laugh about it later. I mean it's kind of a no-brainer that these are weird inappropriate things to say, except maybe the "honest about being trans" thing, since that's way more nuanced.
>>
>>7909174
i assume he and the woman were having a conversation
>>
>>7902819
fear of the unknown. Most cis people have no clue what it means to be transsexual. They only have the lies bigots have spread to go on. Even if they know a transsexual, there is a good chance they have no clue they know one.
>>
>>7911516
This. Trans are sweet, beautiful creatures and the only way you could possibly hate them is if you are ignorant.
>>
File: e12.jpg (49KB, 676x720px) Image search: [Google]
e12.jpg
49KB, 676x720px
>>7911539
>Beautiful

Oh my God Anon, stop I can't take any more.
>>
>>7911516
>implying

Very few trans actually try to have a voice of their respective gender, if people can't know visually, they will as soon as you open your mouth.
>>
>>7911539
>I fetishize trans people
>>
>>7912424

>i am too fucking stupid to pick up on sarcasm
>>
File: 1488745818663.jpg (73KB, 400x581px) Image search: [Google]
1488745818663.jpg
73KB, 400x581px
>>7912433
Not the guy you replied to, but It's pretty hard to tell when you people are sarcastic or not. I swear someone wrote exactly what you wrote in another thread about whether people "pass" or not unironically.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.