[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lgbt/, how long did it take?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 51b.jpg (54KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
51b.jpg
54KB, 680x680px
How old were you when you started questioning if you were trans? How long did it take for you to find out? Was it like this since birth?
>>
>>7902281
Before I even knew what the word transgender was
>>
>>7902281
At 3 I can remember having symptoms of being transgender. Most of my friends were girls, I'd play mostly with my sister's toys, dress up in my mom's clothes and makeup, didn't interact much with boys, etc. This stuff probably started earlier but I can't remember anything at all from before I was 3.

At 12 I first learned than transgender people existed and what it was, but I was still in denial about being it myself. I also started having major dysphoria issues as a result of puberty and my body's development.

At 14 I decided that I was probably trans, but also decided that I should wait for puberty to finish before doing anything in case it can "fix" me and makes me feel like a man.

At 16-17 I was suffering near constant bouts of anxiety and depression as a result of my dysphoria. I missed probably half of my last two years of highschool because it was often so bad that I couldn't bear to go to school. My friends and family were worried sick.

At 18 I finally accepted being trans and that dysphoria wasn't just something that would go away without help. Came out to my friends and family, got a therapist, and started hrt within 6 months of that realization.

At 19 now, 9 months hrt, and I feel so much better about myself. I get gendered female about 90% of the time even though I only go outside in boymode, and I have a great boyfriend too. I still regret being so stupid when I was 14 and not pursuing help then and there, though.
>>
Age 22: learn about the concept of transgender. Question self if I am trans also. Decide no, not trans.
>>
>>7902281
I conformed as a male up until middle school, though studious and slightly distant. Grades began slipping. Grew my hair out through high school. Increasing depression and emotional anxiety. Failed high school. Someone on /b/ said I might be feeling dysphoria. Look it up.
Yeah, I see it. That was 6 months ago. 23.
>>
>>7902848
Generally I knew something was bothering me around middle school, I just dealt with the worsening depression.
>>
>>7902848
Who are you attracted to?
>>
>>7902597
basically the same, 19 and been on mones for three months but i wish i would have acted on how i felt earlier ;-;
>>
File: 1488400949816.jpg (85KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1488400949816.jpg
85KB, 1000x1414px
at age 5 my mom Said something about boys being handsome or something and I told her I was a girl.

At 15 I tried killing myself because my family wouldn't accept me and basically disowned me but it didn't go through

I started at 22/23 when I learned what hormones where finally.

Honestly I look back and wish I just tried at least presenting at 15 because i didnt know about horomones and just being disowned. the constant questioning and trying to fit in in a gender/world that wasn't mine was fucking torture. I'm not saying people should do this but I just personally wish I put my happiness over others.
>>
>>7903027
*would disown me
>>
File: 358309583409.png (3MB, 1834x1530px) Image search: [Google]
358309583409.png
3MB, 1834x1530px
>>7902648
No. You can't "discover" that you're trans. The only discoverable thing is realizing that the ability to transition is possible.

Try again!
>>
>>7903065
meant to reply to
>>7902848
>>
>>7902281
Didn't really think about gender or anything until I was 10 or so.
Started thinking of myself as a guy at the back of my mind since I was 14, felt uncomfortable about my body around this time but I figured it was normal puberty things.
Realized this "guy" thing might be much more serious around 18, but I repressed it and tried to find other ways around it than transitioning.
At 22, decided I'm basically going to either seppuku or transition since I can't see a future as a girl.

23 now, I have my first T appointment in 2 weeks.
I wish I just stopped the dumb shit and took myself more seriously back when I was a teenager, but at the same time, I feel like all the things I went through in the last few years were important.
>>
>>7903065
This, desu.
>>
I knew something was off when I was 4 or 5, maybe earlier but I can't remember much before that. I didn't know transgender was a thing until I was in high school and I didn't really learn about it and realize that was me until college.
>>
>>7903339
>I knew something was off when I was 4 or 5,

off the rocker?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.