[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voluntary Conversion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5446.jpg (56KB, 619x665px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5446.jpg
56KB, 619x665px
First time ever posting here so here goes.

I just turned 20 last month, Im living in Denver going to college as a gay man.

I've been growing more and more uncomfortable with my sexuality, I feel out of place and not how I should be. I've been thinking, is there such a thing (or has there been) any type of voluntary conversion therapy?

Something for people who are willing to change themselves? Any thoughts on this or am I missing something?
>>
>>7892832
it doesn't work. you don't need to waste money or time on just not fucking dudes. they'll probably just give you even more psychological issues
>>
If you're an adult you'd be consenting to the therapy so they would all be voluntary.

But I would personally advise it. It won't make you straight and it won't make you not gay. It makes you a neutered person with warped perceptions of sexuality and makes it much harder forming relationships with men or women
>>
If you're going to seek treatment, why not see a therapist who could help you become more comfortable with your sexuality? Seems more realistic to me. Don't try to fight something you can't change. Learn to live with it.
>>
>>7893594
I personally feel like it could be fixed with the right therapy. I'm definitely sure I have father issues, and I need to resolve them and other things. No way O was born to be this way, I'm sure of that.
>>
File: mike zap the fags pence.jpg (57KB, 832x499px) Image search: [Google]
mike zap the fags pence.jpg
57KB, 832x499px
Yes
>>
>>7892832
why don't you go get laid
>>
File: brian-sims-des.jpg (43KB, 346x304px) Image search: [Google]
brian-sims-des.jpg
43KB, 346x304px
>>7895350
You're approaching it the wrong way then.

If you have father issues all you need to do is find a daddy who will give you such a profound dicking that it'll knock your brain around in your skull. The sloshing will make you forget those issues
>>
>>7895517
I wish. Older manly men like that are never interested in anything serious with younger guys. Usually they're just after the sex.

Can't say that wouldn't help though. Maybe.
>>
File: IMG_5436.jpg (95KB, 579x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5436.jpg
95KB, 579x505px
>>7895359
>>
>>7892832

>ITT: Nobody has done conversion therapy, but somehow everybody knows it is bad.

There are some legit psychologist who dare to do it, despite of risking their professional reputation.
>>
>>7897245
Despite being voluntary there's that risk. You have a really great point and I 100% agree with you.

Are there any known psychologists available for such a thing in today's age?
>>
>>7897284

Well, the only reparative therapist that I thought that wasn't a quack, Joseph Nicolosi, just died yesterday.

He has/had in his page many articles I could relate to.

Look for therapists, look at their CV, look at their patients. Study the subject on your own, so you won't be fooled that easily.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.