[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/acegen/ - Asexual General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 32

File: acegen.jpg (177KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
acegen.jpg
177KB, 500x342px
>What is asexuality?
Lack of sexual attraction.

>Am I asexual?
Do you experience a lack of sexual attraction as described here http://imgur.com/pdIxHYc ? Congratulations, you're in the club.

>Where can I find my qt3.14 ace bf/gf?
We have a map: https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1764048
Because the term of "asexuality" is still quite new and there's a very pretty small population (~1%), there aren't that many sites for only asexuals.

>Do you guys masturbate?
Some do, some don't.

>Is this a brain dysfunction?
As much as homosexuality and bisexuality are. It has been officially accepted by the DSM-5 and is no longer seen as Hypoactive sexual desire disorder.

>I want to learn more/still don't get it
Another FAQ: http://asexualawarenessweek.com/101.html
AVEN (Asexuality Visibility & Education Network): asexuality.org
Science stuff for the nerds: http://www.asexualexplorations.net/home/extantresearch.html
Everything in podcast form: http://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/how-asexuality-works.htm

Old thread (we did it!)
>>7752893
>>
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan fuck riverdale for that last episode
>>
>>7884074
>(we did it!)
Holy shit!
>>
Posting a link to the Discord, come make it a little less dead.
https://discord.gg/htMRtwT

>>7884074
Last thread hit bump limit, actually kind of impressed.
>>
>>7884074
I was going to make Jughead the OP too. Ace minds think alike.
>>
>>7884231
>>7884239
we can usually autosage a thread about 70% of the time. 20% is lack of talk and 10% is grumpy mods.
>>
>>7884250
Because juggie's probably the coolest one out of all of us
>>
>>7884251
It had been a while though, I'm kind of proud.
>>
>>7884261
Best asexual
>imb4 Todd
>>
Ok IDK if this is the place or not but I think you guys can help if you're willing.

Having just started HRT(mtf) I suddenly lost all sexual attraction to everyone and now the thought even grosses me out. Thinking back I think the only reason I wanted sex before was validation. Is this asexuality or something else?
>>
>>7885834
It's not unknown for AGP type MTFs to become asexual with transition.
>>
>>7885859
and if they aren't agp?
>>
>>7885859
What's AGP?
>>
>>7886805
Autogynephilia. I have no idea how it works so go google it.
>>
>>7887157
>AGP Aces
wat that makes no sense.
AGP is where the guy gets off on or fantasises sexually about the idea of being a woman, asexuality is when you lack sexual desire.
>>
>>7884074
How do i fix you?
>>
>>7887604
wrong definition of asexuality, mate.

>>7887610
probably a lot of drugs. like enough to take down an elephant
>>
>>7885834
also MtF here, am to asexual now, and didn't know if the sex I did ever truly was because of sex drive. First hormones are messing with you now, and also you might find your body really unatractive now, thats also a plus to asexual behaviour.
>>
>>7885834
Your body was used to testosterone, which is one hell of a hormone. Suddenly you take that away and try giving it something far less potent. Your brain suddenly deciding that nothing sexually appeases it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
>>
>>7886805
Discredited theory from the 1980's on why trans people are trans. At least from my experience, it's bullshit.
>>
>>7887766
>>7885834
What I mean to say is, just wait. You don't know, after a while being on just estrogen you might get it all back.
>>
Legit question.
I had a friend who claimed to be asexual, but used to get mad at themselves and have panic attacks every time they felt like they found someone attractive. I would think that means they're forcing themselves to be asexual, and that would basically be chastity. Thoughts? Do asexual people subvert their desires? I thought they just, didn't have them.
>>
File: HaruhiSuzumiyaPreg2.jpg (102KB, 723x1106px) Image search: [Google]
HaruhiSuzumiyaPreg2.jpg
102KB, 723x1106px
>>7884074
something Jughead might be into...really into ;-)
>>
>>7887835
The closest thing I can get to that is very much wishing that I had no sex drive, and sorta beating myself up about caving and masturbating whenever I'm trying to avoid it (which is pretty much always). Although that is just masturbating because of the need for release, it isn't because I found someone attractive. But it's still an asexual person subverting their desires I guess

If your friend is finding someone attractive they aren't asexual. They probably tried to convince themselves into it because of tumblr or something. What they need to do is learn to accept theirself for who they are.
>>
>>7887835
Asexual people still have desires. As a comparison, it's like hunger vs craving. Sexual attraction is basically craving a certain thing while asexual people just tend to have needs that may be needed to be satisfied now and then because they still have a sex drive.

However, in their case, this sounds very complicated due to asexual people still being able to feel romantic attraction . So they still could be ace but are unfortunately confused by the incorrect definition of asexuality that's often spread.

They also could just be someone who feels as though they should place themselves into a category and are forcing themselves to be in it.
>>
>>7887846
nah, he might just go "wow, that girl's an idiot for eating so much" or joke and say "lol that's me" and then continue on with his life.
>>
>>7884322
there aren't that many fictional asexuals out there
those are the only two I know of
>I'm being represented by a NEET
>or a highschooler who eats a lot
>I can only pick one
>>
>>7884239
What's the avg age of ppl on discord
>>
>>7888969
There's more if you google it but most are from guessing like fucking Goku since there's a scene that may have implied that he's never even kissed his wife before.
>>
>>7888969

Even though the concept of asexuality didn't exist in the 1800s, it seemed to me like Jean Valjean was more or less asexual.
>>
>>7890522
nah, in the books there's a part where it sounds like he wants to fuck Cosette.
>>
>>7890522
the concept was there but it was usually placed under other categories
>>
>>7890499
except he has two children
>>
>>7890977
yeah, that's what I don't understand. Knowing their relationship, Chichi probably just said "I want kids and this is how you get them" and then he said "oh okay" and then did it and never touched her again because he sees her as a friend anyway. iirc, the writer says he sees his family as his comrades or something like that
>>
I always thought it was weird that my relationships would always turn into best friendships. So, thank you anons. I feel more enlightened!
>>
>>7891698
no prob, bob
>>
Do you fellow aces drink? I read that a study found that aces drink significantly less than those that sexually identify otherwise. I'm a functional alcoholic and hearing about this made me anxious about being able to relate to other aces
>>
>>7893075
I have no one to drink with
>>
If I ever meet an asexual IRL I am going to beat the living shit out of him/her.
>>
>>7893438
>him/her
>gender binary
T-T-T-TRIGGERED
>>
>>7893075
nah, don't like the taste and I don't want to deal with the ramifications of me saying something stupid. I'm too anxious for that shit.
>>
>>7893075
I only drink on occasion
I hate beer even though I am German
but I don't mind wine
I also like drinking cocktails, my favourite being Zombie
>>
>>7893075
I don't drink whatsoever. I've tasted alcohol and found it to be absolutely fucking disgusting, so I've avoided that shit like the plague. Besides, it can fuck people up so I figure if I don't like it and if it ruins lives sometimes, why bother with it. Also as has been said, possibly just being stupid around people.

>>7893438
Pls no
>>
Hi acegen, I haven't posted in this since... well since before it was a gen.

Me and the girl I'm dating are both ace, allegedly. I'm mtf but I think I might be more sexually inclined than her in the way that, I don't find people sexually attractive most if not all the time, but I do think about and want to do sex stuff eventually.
Like for example, sometimes I feel sexy and I take pictures and think she may like them but in the end they don't do much for her. She'd rather see me in cute outfits or so.

The girl I'm with might not be as interested as I am. I want the relationship to work with her so, what do you guys think I should or shouldn't do?
>>
File: 0009.jpg (157KB, 679x936px) Image search: [Google]
0009.jpg
157KB, 679x936px
>>7888969
>>7890499
There's been speculation about Antimony from the Gunnerkirgg Court webcomic, pic related, however she's likely just not as interested as others, see http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/101800-antimony-carver-from-gunnerkrigg-court-acearo/

Another is Lackadaisy's Mordecai.
>>
>>7894357
Tintin characters display pretty much no interest in sex or romance, with Professor Calculus the exception.
Another with reduced desires is Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>7893075
nope, tastes gross and I can barely handle the scent. plus the effects of it don't seem appealing to me.
>>
>>7894207
What you should do:
>communicate

What you shouldn't do:
>not communicate
>badger her for sex
>pass the limits she has set
>use abusive tactics
>>
>>7893075
I don't drink alcohol at all. It tastes awful.
>>
>>7893363
>>7893587
>>7893639
>>7894126
>>7894603
>>7897762
Now I'm curious, do you do any drugs?
>>
>>7895101
Good advice overall
>>
>>7893075
I drink occasionally, but only sweet and fruity drinks, and never enough to get drunk. I just don't see the point, and I don't like the bitter taste
>>
>>7900547
i'm >>7894603
but nope, I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs at all
>>
>>7900547
nope too crazy to want to try anything that would mess with my head or medications.
>>
>>7900547
Outside of my ADHD medication I don't take any drugs which could be potentially illegal or anything (god that is awkward wording, I'm just trying to say "no drugs" while saying, minus my own medication and caffeine or anything like ibuprofen if that's needed). I prefer to avoid messing with my head (although caffeine and my medication make my head clear where it otherwise isn't, and I'm sure something like cocaine would have a similar effect)
>>
>>7900547
Ritalin only
>>
how do you not like sex?
Like does it not feel good to you guys.?
>>
File: Mr._Potato_Head.png (159KB, 324x333px) Image search: [Google]
Mr._Potato_Head.png
159KB, 324x333px
>>7904571
they got raped when they were kids so now anything sexual triggers all their repressed memories and they have a panic attack and can't breathe.
so, no, it doesn't feel good for them.
>>
>>7904621
I was indeed raped as I was five by a teenage boy from the neighbourhood
but not everyone who's asexual was raped
>>
>>7884074
AGP people are typically asexual >>7904234

They get off on being women, not off of actual sex.* Sex isn't the outlet of their sexuality, so they're 'asexual' in the sense that they don't want sex.

*there's times when agp's get off on sex as well as the thought/idea of (physically) being a woman. But that is uncommon
>>
>>7884074
Somebody explain to me why "asexuals" have a qt3.14 ace bf/gf hook up map?
>>
>>7905135
romance, friendship, cuddling, >>7905114

lots of reasons.
>>
>>7904571
>asexual =/= not liking sex and not feeling anything

jesus fuck why does everyone always think that it's that

we do not have sexual attraction. Some actually do like sex. Some don't. Some think it's unpleasant. Some think it's okay. Some think it's great. Some don't give a flying fuck.

>>7905135
because we're ronry
>>
File: 1488213504843.jpg (142KB, 662x466px) Image search: [Google]
1488213504843.jpg
142KB, 662x466px
>>7893075
I get tore up, i have great drinking buddies.

>>7900547
Smoke some pot other than that not much, maybe once it twice a year I'll engage in harder drugs.

>>7905135
Cuddling, i love cuddling that's the main reason i seek relationships.
>>
File: ghftde.jpg (30KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
ghftde.jpg
30KB, 300x235px
>when you see another ace person in the wild
>>
>>7910193
how does acedar work?
>>
>>7910205
>acedar
>not ace trace
>>
>>7910310
Why do aces need to constantly be trying to get attention and goin around telling every single person they see they are asexuals like vegans do. No one cares you don't have sex, not one person, not even your parents. Fuck off already, you are not a "community", you are not even a type of sexuality.
>>
>>7910833
Why do people like you need to constantly be trying to get attention and goin around telling every single person they see they hate asexuals like vegans do. No one cares you're a permavirgin, not one person, not even your parents. Fuck off already, you are a "shitposter", you are not even a type of human.
>>
>>7911005
Don't reply to tripfag attentionwhores. Ignore, filter and report.
>>
>>7910833
Because our religion says we must talk about our sexuality eight times a dayfacing towards the nearest local diner.
>>
>>7911031
Their logic is really stupid anyway.

>enters an asexuality board
>"why is all u talk about is how u iz asexual!?"

I don't see the point in these people coming in to the board anyway to post that shit. Like, what are they expecting? For everyone in here to be like "Oh shit you're right! I'm not asexual after all!" Like somehow coming in here to say the same regurgitated bullcrap is somehow going to erase asexuality, even only as a concept, from existence.
>>
>>7911750
To be quite honest, yeah that's what they think is going to happen. People tend to think that if they can say something to snap the person out of it, it will work and everything will be fixed. But like many things, that's not possible. Especially this.

Not to mention, they have the wrong definition of asexuality... again.
>>
>>7911796
>using all caps
this is a 18+ site, sweaty :))))))
>>
File: image_search_1489401453138.jpg (39KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
image_search_1489401453138.jpg
39KB, 564x423px
>>7911796
>0/10 troll
>>
>>7911840
tbqh, this is drifting into Poe's Law since I've seen people act like this for real. I like to think of it as a dog barking outside for no reason or a rooster getting very scared over a plastic bag.
>>
>>7911850
Yeah I know but it makes them mad to just laugh at them and call them a troll. Better than turning it into a battle of capslock spam at least.
>>
>>7911871
I personally like to try out jokes and see what works.
>>
>>7884074
>>What is asexuality?
>Lack of sexual attraction.
What exactly is sexual attraction? I can get off to BDSM but not sex.
>>
>>7911891
in the OP, mate. Read further down.
>>
File: image_13.jpg (52KB, 499x616px) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
52KB, 499x616px
>>7911796
just stop this is embarrassing
>>
>>7911894
It reads like a tumblr meme but ok. I like BDSM with a partner. Is that wanting to have sexual contact and thus sexual not asexual? I want someone there as a partner, but physically they don't matter.
>>
File: mahiyajo.jpg (133KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
mahiyajo.jpg
133KB, 960x544px
can I call myself "asexual" instead of admitting that I am socially retarded, nobody likes me or ever will like me and I have no chance of any kind of sexual encounter outside of me sexually assaulting someone?
>>
>>7911913
Let me make it easier for you

>do you desire sexual contact with them?

if yes, you're not. Congrats, now time to complain about no qt 3.14 bf/gf

if no, you are. Congrats, now time to complain about no qt 3.14 bf/gf
>>
>>7911929
please don't. Plus even if you do, you'll just be giving yourself two months of denial and then another spiral of self hatred.
>>
>>7911929
No, that's super bad and you'll just fuck yourself up more.
>>
>>7911930
I just tried to answer that...
>>
>>7911943
while also fucking up actual ace people because you're perpetuating a stereotype and making a sexuality less valid like those transtrenders
>>
>>7911948
Try harder because we can't answer this shit for you.
>>
>>7911938
>>7911943
>>7911949
What's the real difference, honestly? After such a long time of no sexual contact of any kind it becomes difficult to earnestly desire any more.
>>
>>7911978
Just because a flower can live a long time without water doesn't mean it's a cactus.
>>
I am phsicially male, asexual, polyromantic (like girls and androgynes), agender, and present as male or androgynous.

How fucked am I as far as social stigmas go if I come out? Not too many asexual and agender males.
>>
File: 1446950829805.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446950829805.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>7913307
>agender male
>>
>>7913315
Sex and gender are not the same, I'm not gonna delude myself by saying I'm not physically male, i have a weiner, I'm not disphoric, I don't feel like anything and if I had female genitalia instead, I doubt there'd be any sign if any difference.
>>
>>7913326
A pre-op transwoman doesn't call herself a female male. She calls herself a female.
>>
>>7913407
*if they pass of course
>>
>>7913407
I am not trans, I am agender. I also happen to be physically male, which seems to be more Uncommon than agender people who are physically female.
>>
>>7913442
No, she calls herself female regardless of passing.
>>
>>7913307
Wtf does polyromantic means?
>>
>>7914116
Polyromantic/polysexual, not to be confused with polyamorous, means romantically/sexusually attracted to some, but not all genders/sexes.

Like someone could like only men and non-binary people, but not women. Poly makes sense.

Homosexual: likes one
Asexual:likes none
Pansexual: likes all
Polysexual: likes some, not all, more than 1.
>>
>>7913307
Let me break it down with each trait:
I am phsicially male,
>asexual
broken and probably gay
>polyromantic (like girls and androgynes)
snowflake terms but will probably just be told that you like girls and should stop being so technical
>agender
immediately bullied
>present as male or androgynous
Will probably be called faggot
>>
>>7913326
>not dysphoric but thinks he's agender
holy shit get a load of this faggot
>>
>>7913307
So basically you're an asexual male trying to be special.
This is why nobody takes us seriously.
If you're not dysphoric, then there's no reason to identify as something other than your assigned gender. If you like being androgynous, that's fine. But it means fuck all when it comes to your gender identity.
If your romantically attracted to women and androgynous people, your just not romantically attracted to men. Stick with heteroromantic.

I am also an ace male who enjoys having a more androgynous appearance and wouldn't give a fuck if I had female genitalia. The only difference between you and me is that I identify as a male because anything else would be unnecessary, and I'm not a faggot who enjoys giving people headaches for the sake of feeling special.

As far as social stigmas, you'll be eagerly accepted by tumblrinas, disregarded by society at large, and immensely annoying to /acegen/.
>>
>>7914990
agender best gender
>>
>>7913307
Just leave. Go back to tumblr. The last thing we need here is this bullshit.
>>
File: 20170314_110042.jpg (2MB, 2340x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_110042.jpg
2MB, 2340x2988px
This is an ad in my paper today, i never understood sex in advertising. According to this picture I'd think this place was frequented by and marketed to folks who use hookers and i would find that gross, even though most hotels are kinda gross.

This just makes a fancy looking place look seedy
>>
>>7918755
I think it's to make it seem classy and sexy?
>>
>>7918489
Don't worry, I'm no tumblerina. Like I would ever come out as all that...

No, I was wondering how fucked I would be, and the answer is royally. Now I know.

Also, nice to not be alone.
>>
>>7918755
Sex sells. It's like this magical ingredient you can throw hapazardly into any advertisement to get your product/business to stick out in an allo's mind.
>>
Anyone go through a whole spectrum of ace orientations before giving up?

I thought I was nothing as a child, then I had heterosexuality kind of shown to me as the only thing, then I learned about bisexuality, then pansexuality, then asexuality, which seemed to fit best overall. Then gray-asexuality. Then I met a woman, fell in love, realized I am probably just super gay and maybe demisexual.

Nowadays I just give up and identify as queer.
>>
>>7910833
>not even your parents
That's where you are wrong (unfortunately)
>>
>>7920654
>tfw the grandchildren topic pops up and you're absolutely repulsed by the idea
>>
I still don't understand if I am asexual or not.
The thought of sex and physical touching creeps me out, but I would like a relationship. One of my most frequent daydreams is having tea or coffee with another person and enjoying one another's company. I always assumed I had a schizoid personality.
>>
File: luigi mario.jpg (21KB, 139x126px) Image search: [Google]
luigi mario.jpg
21KB, 139x126px
>>7920723
>tfw its better to tell your parents they aren't getting grandkids because you aren't interested in sex rather than its because your a fucking loser
Both apply, but still
>>
>>7920811
For me, it's the opposite because then I'll basically get a bunch of "Let us fix you because you're wrong" if I say I'm ace. It's just best for me to seem like a loser and then gently push away any people they push towards me.

>>7920774
asexuality is just a lack of sexual attraction. You can have romantic relationships with someone and still be asexual
>>
Do aces have anything that's the equivalent to a straight person hyperbolically saying they'd go gay for a particularly admirable/attractive celebrity and vice-versa? Like acknowledging someone is conventionally sexy without actually wanting to have sex with them if, somehow, the offer was actually put in front of them. But in a way that has a little bit more sexual context to it than simple aesthetic attraction.
>>
>>7919933
I never got the "sex sells" i can understand people like good looking people, but the"sex" part 99% of the time seems ham fisted and forced.
>>
>>7923483
I often joke around and say I want to jam my dick in something when I like something a lot but I would probably barf if it actually happened.
>>
Do any of y'all fall into the stereotypes of being ace?
>>
>>7926061
what are these stereotypes?
>>
>>7926113
here's a few
>frigid and robotic
>unattractive
>socially awkward and/or autistic
>basement dweller
>white
>nerd
>think they're better than everyone else who has sex
>loner
>young
>prudish
>>
>>7926208
i forgot to add "manipulative sociopath"
>>
>>7926208
>Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy. Affected individuals may be unable to form intimate attachments to others and simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
If these stereotypes are correct, how is asexuality distinctive from schizoid personality?
>>
>>7926335
>how is asexuality distinctive from schizoid personality?
>simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world.

i think you answered your own question.
asexuals don't fantasize
>>
>>7926335
is- is it really that bad when I am like this but don't mind at all?
I don't mind being like this, it is only bad when it is bad for my own well being and I feel very well,
I think
>>
>>7926398
Describe your fantasy world?
>>
>>7926398
no, of course not.
it is only a problem if it interferes with how you would like to live your life.
it is not a problem unless you think it is.
>>
>>7926359
I think fantasy is a purposefully ambiguous term. I don't think it means schizoids think they live in hyrule or such nonsense, just that there is a preoccupation with one's inner experience consistently over the external world.
>>
>>7926479
you've obviously never met a schizoid, but sure, just make things up to confirm your bias.
>>
>>7926499
Why are you so hostile? You may be thinking of a schizophrenic, which is very different from a schizoid.
>>
>>7926509
>projecting this hard

i said schizoid because you said schizoid
>>
>>7926520
what the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>7926509
>You may be thinking of a schizophrenic, which is very different from a schizoid.

SPD is the lowest rung of the schizophrenic ladder and we share most of the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. It's true that we face developing schizotypal tendencies or even full-blown schizophrenia if we don't keep our stress and anxiety at bay. I believe, or at least I hope, that maintaining a well fed mind would help us take the hallucinations and the paranoia for what they are, instead of assuming they are true because we feel them.

I've been schizotypal during my teens, which mostly meant I was proactively paranoid and engaged in magical thinking. Ignorance from the condition made me even more alienated from my peers. I've blocked most of my memories from high school, but the little I remember was a nightmare.
>>
>>7926539
what the fuck are you even yelling about?
>>
>>7926335
they aren't usually correct. That's why they're stereotypes.
>>
>>7926557
That sucks to hear man. Hopefully you're doing better.
I don't want to be that guy, but schizotypal personality disorder (STPD) is different from schizoid personality disorder (SPD). They are co-morbid with one another, but are not the same disorder. SPD is more likely to coincide with clinical depression, and is a chronic pattern whereas schizophrenia marks a deterioration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
>>
>>7926614
>SPD is the lowest rung of the schizophrenic ladder

I never said they were the same disorder.
I'm glad to see you've discovered wikipedia.
>>
>>7926674
>SPD is not the same as schizophrenia or schizotypal personality disorder. But there is some evidence of links and shared genetic risk between SPD, other cluster A personality disorders and schizophrenia. Thus, SPD is thought to be a "schizophrenia spectrum disorder"
It is not "the lowest rung".
Schizoids do not experience an external fantasy or hallucination to which schizotypals and schizophrenics are prone. Their "fantasy" is internalized and is a preoccupation with their solitary and sheltered lifestyle. It affects behavior and cognition but not in nearly the severity of a schizophrenic or schizotypal.
>I'm glad to see you've discovered wikipedia.
If only you've discovered how to read. Do you want for me to quote the DSM for you? I can lug that out.
Man, I am very sorry for your condition and how it affected your life. Yet that does not give you the excuse to be an asshole to me when you clearly have no clue what SPD is.
>>
>>7910833
Veganism is an ethical commitment to reduce suffering.
>>
>>7926208
im four of these
>>
File: 56991361.jpg (38KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
56991361.jpg
38KB, 500x433px
>>7926725
>thinking psychology is some kind of hard science that is set in stone

Yes, lug out the DSM.
Which year are you going to refer to?
I'd like us to be on the same page since the definitions often change depending on the current fad.
>>
>>7926208
>frigid and robotic
Not frigid, maybe a tad robotic at times, not much though

>unattractive
I thought I was but I've gotten compliments recently by friends saying I'm "not unattractive" so I think I'm just "not unattractive"

a bit socially awkward, not autistic though

>basement dweller
no

>white
yes

>nerd
yes

First off, "everyone else who has sex" implies I do. I don't. This confusion could be resolved by simply saying "everyone who has sex", although that doesn't exclude all aces and doesn't include all non-aces. Now that we're through with that: no, I don't.

>loner
Somewhat on the fence about this one. Am I an introvert, certainly, and there are many times I just want to not deal with other people. At the end of the day, though, I prefer the company of others.

>young
Yes, I am.

>prudish
Hah, no

>>7926216
>manipulative sociopath
No.
>>
>>7927423
>hurr my personal definitions are right, you're the asshole for not understanding and using my arbitrary definitions for established medical terms
Good one, my friend.
I am using the DSM IV-TR, which is considered among mental health physicians to be the most reliable, as the DSM-V altered several of their definitions to suit pharmaceutical companies.
Schizoid Personality Disorder
>The essential feature of Schizoid Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of detachment from social relationships and a restricted range of expression of emotions in interpersonal settings... Individuals with Schizoid Personality Disorder appear to lack a desire for intimacy, seem indifferent to opportunities to develop close relationships, and do not seem to derive much satisfaction from being part of a family or other social groups... They have very little interest in having sexual experiences with another person (Criterion A3) and take pleasure in few, if any, activities (Criterion A4)...
>Schizoid Personality Disorder can be distinguished from Delusional Disorder, Schizophrenia, and Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, because these disorders are all characterized by a period of persistent psychotic symptoms (e.g., delusions and hallucinations). To give an additional diagnosis of Schizoid Personality Disorder, the Personality Disorder must have been present before the onset of psychotic symptoms and must persist when the psychotic symptoms are in remission.
Pages 694-696
1/2
>>
>>7927423
>>7927545
Schizotypal Personality Disorder
>The essential feature of Schizotypal Personality Disorder is a pervasive pattern of social and interpersonal deficits marked by acute discomfort with, and reduced capacity for, close relationships as well as by cognitive or perceptual distortions and eccentricities of behavior. Individuals with Schizotypal Personality Disorder often have ideas of reference (i.e., incorrect interpretations of casual incidents and external events as having a particular and unusual meaning specifically for that person (Criterion A)... They may feel that they have special powers to sense events before they happen or read other's thoughts...Individuals with this disorder are often suspicious and may have paranoid ideation.
Pages 697-698
>>
File: 51a.jpg (34KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
51a.jpg
34KB, 640x442px
>>7927545
>hurr my personal definitions are right, you're the asshole for not understanding and using my arbitrary definitions for established medical terms
Good one, my friend.

It's as if you're not even aware that what you're typing implicates your self!

Thanks for the laughs.
You're an epic troll.
I bow to your superior trolling skills.
>>
>>7927629
kill yourself you waste of space
>>
>>7927790
>le ad hominem

the last resort of the truly incompetent
victory is mine!
>>
>>7926208

>white

there's a black girl on OKCupid in my area that listed her orientation as "asexual"

then I looked at her responses to the survey questions:

>are you willing to have sex on the first date?
>"yes"
>>
>>7927963
Some people are okay with having sex, though.
>>
>>7928021
>>>>>>on the first date
>>
>>7928568
that doesn't change anything. Your logic is flawed.
>>
>>7928779
It doesn't say anything really, but it does call into question if she really is what she says she is.
>>
>>7928795
not really since that sounds completely logical for an ace person to be complacent in sex on okcupid because it's fucking okcupid and you need to set your standards low and have barely any limits.
>>
File: 20161110_105302.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_105302.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
So do any ace folks have experience with pharmaceutical boner pills?

I have no real interest in sex, but engage in it just for my partner's sake, but it's often difficult for me to be in the mood because of my lack of interest. She is pushing me to get pills to overcome that... but do you need to be aroused at all for the pills to work, or does it just force one?
>>
>>7884251
>autosage
Bump limit. It's called a BUMP LIMIT.
>>
>>7930036
autosage
>>
>>7926208
I meet like 5 of these
>>7926216
Kek, could be argued that way
>>
>>7926216
I kind of am. I'm intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7930443
that's not a sociopath. that's an edgy teen
>>
>>7930443
dork.
>>
I added my marker to the map o( á´— )o
>>
>>7926756
Well, no, the ethical choice is to eat insects. You're not being ethical by being vegan, you're just putting your own discomfort at the top of your priorities.
>>
>>7926557
what does it mean if I have the schizophrenic fantasy that I can predict the future and then I end up actually having ESP

what then, if my crazy inner world turns out to be closer to the truth than the beliefs of others?
>>
>>7931242
That is false and you know it.
>Well, no, the ethical choice is to eat insects
That makes no sense if the premise is to reduce suffering.
>>
File: 1487157941541.jpg (31KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
1487157941541.jpg
31KB, 344x291px
>>7920723
>>7921432
relatable af.
>>7920811
pic related
>>
>>7931835
>crickets suffer

jfc
eyeroll.jpeg
>>
>>7931866
If the premise of veganism is to not kill things, killing smaller things is not the "more ethical choice". It doesn't create "discomfort" considering we live in a society where people can give up fucking gluten if they have to.
Others revert to veganism for health reasons and
>muh protein
Is bullshit so don't even think of saying that.
I don't know why people instantly go on the defensive whenever veganism is mentioned. It is a lifestyle choice just like any other.
I'm not a vegan, but I have witnessed veganism in both a nutritional and religious context. Yes there are some annoying vocal assholes, but the majority of vegans do not give a shit about what you eat.
>>
>>7930443
>intelligent, nihilistic
Funny joke
>>
>>7931919
The discomfort comes from "I think eating meat is gross, I think eating bugs is gross, I don't want to feel gross" meaning it's basically more of a selfish personal preference than an ethical decision. But in terms of ethics, even plants show evidence of operant conditioning, and the cultivation and harvesting of any kind of plant product inevitably results in the death and displacement of countless insects and rodents regardless of whether a plant has the ability to feel pain or betrayal (they can probably feel pain... slowly). The real answer that shows you give a shit is to eat the thing that most efficiently uses the resources available to feed you the correct ratio of nutrients while causing the least amount of relative abstract cognitive suffering in innocent creatures.

And that thing is crickets, grasshoppers, termites, silk worms, etc.

It is scientifically the most ethical choice.
>>
>>7926208
>frigid and robotic
I'm fairly friendly in person but I'm not very expressive. So maybe a little robotic.

>unattractive
I probably wouldn't be so ugly if I lost some weight. But as of now I'm maybe a 3/10.

Not really. I can handle my own in a social setting.

>basement dweller
Nope.

>white
I'm half Irish so... Very.

>nerd
Yeah, sadly. But it's better to have a degree in comsci than some shit like sociology or philososphy.

Idgaf if other people have sex or not. You do you.

>loner
I like my alone time but I don't go out of my way to hide from the world either.

>young
Not really unless you count 30 as young.

>prudish
Nah. I still do shit like drink, smoke weed, and sniff coke. It's just that sex isn't on my agenda when I go out with friends.

So I only got about 4 of these, I guess.
>>
>>7927963
She was likely a tumblrcunt too. This is why no one likes us.

>>7929968
When I first found out I was asexual, I went and lied to my doctor to get hormones that were supposed to increase my sex drive in hopes that maybe if I was super horny all the time it would finally make me pick between men or women to pop a boner to. But all it did was make me miserable and spike my blood pressure and masturbation became a mandatory chore instead of just something I do when I can't sleep.

Never again.

>>7935687
It also contributes to illegal immigration and child labor. Those soybeans don't pick themselves, you know, unless little Juan and his 17 brothers do it for $2 an hour so they don't get deported.
>>
File: 20161103_100511.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161103_100511.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>7936197
Yep that's what my research about the pharmaceutical route has shown so far.

Fairly certain that i will be single again by the end of the month as she has been heavily pushing for more and more sex and pushing me to see a doctor, even though she knows i have no interest in sex. ... she was such a good cuddler too.
>>
>>7936652
It sounds like she doesn't really respect you, anon. Especially considering that she's been pushing to try and "fix" you without any consideration of what it might do to your health.

You can't cure an asexual with pills anymore than you can cure a homosexual with electricity. You should definitely leave the cunt and find someone who will respect you and your boundries.
>>
>>7936197
>masturbation became a mandatory chore instead of just something I do when I can't sleep

what makes you cum when you masturbate?
like what do you think about or look at?

asking for a friend
>>
>>7927836
That's the LAST straw, you "asexual" prick. If I EVER see you in public, and BELIEVE me I already have tracked your IP so I am coming, I will give you the most merciless and sadistic beating since fucking Genghis Khan. You are going to deeply regret having ever even THOUGHT about posting your "clever" little comment (read: shitpost) after the SAVAGE bloodbath I will inflict upon your skinny, limp-dicked excuse you have for a body. You will WISH that I left you off with the beating of your life, after I commence with the one man ORGY on your sorry self. I say one MAN because afterwards you will have choice but to identify as the little BITCH you always were. I will sound your "DICK" inside out, giving you a fucking neo vagina no surgery required, then take your fucking tranny virginity both vaginally and anally because god KNOWS you have never sexed in your pathetic life. That's why you hide your insecurities under the guise of "asexuality" because no one on the face of the fucking planet would ever even TOUCH you with let alone tolerate your SO "sophisticated" sense of FUCKING "humor". Your fucking life is a fucking joke, and my dick will be the exclamation point on your fucking punchline, BITCH. Don't even THINK about replying with another "HILARIOUS" quip you failure of a human being, or so help me you can say goodbye to your so called "family", heaven KNOWS I will be putting them out of their misery having to tolerate the likes of you. Death would be too KIND for you, and CERTAINLY will be a reprieve for them. Fucking kill yourself to escape from the oncoming storm, BITCH, I fucking DARE you.
>>
>>7935687
>choosing not to kill and animal is a selfish choice
>B-but plants can feel too and animals eat plants so kill an animal!
>Implying raising animals for mass murder doesn't waste a fuck-ton more resources
>It's science
>>7936197
>implying child labor and illegal immagration isn't for raising crop to feed industrial factory farms
These mental gymnastics are astounding.
>>
>>7926756
>Veganism is an ethical commitment to reduce suffering
Nice meme. Suffering of whom? Of youe fefees? Because eating vegetables actually is way more harmful to the environment than eating meat.
>>
>>7937935
good goy
>>
File: 1467321566975.png (5KB, 324x271px) Image search: [Google]
1467321566975.png
5KB, 324x271px
Does being Asexual tend to have an effect on your ability to engage emotionally as well as physically?

Dated two asexual men in my time and they've both really struggled when it comes to emotive or encouraging speech, or fulfilling obligations for the sake of my emotions (asking how I feel before spending the night at a stranger's house, etc.). Am I just making a dumb generalisation?
>>
>>7938120
Its a little more difficult to form strong emotional bonds with people, but for someone I feel love for it comes very easy.
>>
>>7937493
Nice copypasta.
>>
>>7938120
>fulfilling obligations for the sake of my emotions (asking how I feel before spending the night at a stranger's house,
Sounds like you're being controlling.
>>
>>7937493
The next thread should be named one of these:
>asexual prick
>one man orgy
>>
>>7938120
Nah, not really. The only time I struggle is when I'm freaking out over how someone could interpret my actions as something else. So when I'm with people I'm "out" to or I'm just interacting my pet, I'm actually very affectionate and bond-ish because I'm pulling it from a "mother hen" and "I love you so much that I'm going to make sure you're happy and well fed" perspective.

Also, men tend to be less emotive due to our culture. Emotions somehow drain the manliness from the body or something like that. I never really understood it, myself.
>>
>>7937506
>>choosing not to kill and animal is a selfish choice
>>B-but plants can feel too and animals eat plants so kill an animal!
>>Implying raising animals for mass murder doesn't waste a fuck-ton more resources
>>It's science
anon you just made all that up. raising insects for protein is the cheapest single option available that doesn't involve cloning or inventing new bacteria or something insane like that. what you're doing as arbitrarily assigning a higher value to the life of an insect than a plant when an insect isn't even capable of abstract suffering it's just a more highly mobile organism that's able to squirm when it feels suffering instead of having to slowly wilt or twist away over the course of hours. What you're placing a value on is the ability of the thing to elicit a gut emotional response from you, but the fact that you feel no empathy for the suffering of plants because that would close off your emotional escape route is the flaw in your own reasoning.

all life is sacred, and all life consumes something in order to live, and the vast majority of organsims consume parts of other organisms to survive. Humans can't live without food, and food is made of life, and in that case we need to eat efficiently, and efficiency is crickets no matter how much you want the answer to be different.

being vegan is not an ethical choice.
>>
>>7938120
if you spend the night at a stranger's house then you're not in a relationship.
>>
>tfw you learned to play straight
I'd never flaunt my sexuality like those mentally ill lesbos, faggots and trannies
>>
>>7938791
>mass murdering smaller animals for "protein" is better than eating plant protein
>plants can probably feel and bugs can't feel "abstract" suffering whatever the fuck that means
>therefore veganism is unethical so I can eat my hamburger without feeling bad
>anon you just made all that up so I will make things up
Again, mental gymnastics. How many crickets do you eat, by the way? My guess is none, and you are only pulling this out of your ass so that you can still feel good eating a steak. Farming for a plant based diet is much more efficient - both nutritionally and resource wise - than farming bugs, and even more so for large animals. The nation wastes water and plant resources at an enormous scale to maintain the industrial meat and dairy industry; if veganism were embraced on such a tremendous scale there would be no hunger. That is leaving aside the emotional aspect, which is still important despite your adamant disapproval. You are saying placing value on life is arbitrary, whether it be a plant or a bug or an animal. So where are the dog and horse meat industries? Where is my human steak, if it is an arbitrary placement of value?
Simply because an argument is partly grounded in pathos doesn't mean it is without warrant. Within a religious framework, veganism is the most ethical decision - ethics being rooted in feelings, which you want so badly to discard. Your argument that killing things inside of not killing things is more ethical for someone who does not want to kill things makes no fucking sense. Your argument that plants feel on the same level as animals also unsound, and ignores the numerous consumed crops that are harvested without killing the plant.
I also never asked for you to go on this diatribe, which only goes to demonstrate the asinine lengths people go to to justify their own habits at the mere mention of veganism.
>>
>>7938791
you are retarded. Sentience is the reason we value for animals' and humans' right to non-exploitation.
>>
>>7938893
>The nation wastes water and plant resources at an enormous scale to maintain the industrial meat and dairy industry;
market demands =/= waste

>if veganism were embraced on such a tremendous scale there would be no hunger.
there already isn't.
>>
>>7938921
Step outside or stop posting, you asshair. Life isn't how it is in your little fantasy world.
>>
>>7938926
not an argument.
>>
>>7938939
Neither was yours, it was just complete fantasy.
>>
>>7938120
I'm an ace male. I'm somewhat bad at engaging emotionally and physically. I don't think it's connected, I'm just a somewhat distant person usually.

What's probably going on is that you might have a bit of a type, and you came across two people who coincidentally fulfilled that type.
That came out weird but I feel you probably get the idea of what I'm trying to say

>>7938280
It's more that men are raised with the impression that they aren't supposed to be emotive. We aren't encouraged to let our emotion out. We're just generally not given much chance to develop the ability to connect and communicate in a highly emotional way with others. We're taught to handle it ourselves. I guess what I'm saying is that males in our culture are taught to be too detached, that an ideal guy is stoic, overly rational, whatever. I'm not communicating this well. Good news is that things have been changing recently, so at least there's that.

>>7938797
There are logical reasons for why one may stay at a stranger's house. Could be AirBnB or something. Who knows. Just playing devil's advocate here.
>>
>>7938919
nobody is actually sure of whether an insect brain is capable of sentience in a way that distinguishes it from lower organisms. the exact turning point is unknown as is the exact experimental definition of sentience.

even if crickets could experience displeasure in the exact moment of the fact that we would cull their populations for food, I'm certain that there is no way they would feel unhappy or even realize that they're being raised in captivity. if anything the safety and regularity and ability fulfill complete lifecycles before their natural deaths at the hands of an efficient predator would only benefit them given their short lifespans and inability to reflect on the other possibilities. unlike a cow, they would die before they recognized and could learn to feel averse to what was happening or could realize that they were being doomed or betrayed.
>>
>>7938968
I am pretty sure a bug experiences death.
>>
>>7938893
>My guess is none, and you are only pulling this out of your ass so that you can still feel good eating a steak.
The entire basis of my argument is that veganism is not an "ethical decision". That's it. Nothing else comes into focus here, not even your ad hominems. This is because I personally, never made any claims of being ethical as part of my argument, instead my argument was about recognizing what an ethical decision is.
>>
>>7938954
if you think i'm wrong come up with a better argument than muh fantasy.
>>
>>7938984
If your argument, as you identified here >>7938981
is that veganism isn't ethical, I would say you are wrong. It is a comparative argument. It is more ethical than killing an animal for consumption
You identified here >>7935687
that eating bugs is the "most ethical choice", which myself and another identified why that is incorrect, for which you have still yet to respond in any coherent or definitive manner. You also failed to identify whether or not you personally eating bugs. Then, you started completely making shit up here >>7938921 by saying hunger isn't an issue at all, and implying that market demands dictate what is ethical or good, both without any justification, and you are angry that I called out your bullshit for what it is.
You sound pretty delusional. Are you going to keep shitposting all day?
>>
>>7938975
I'm pretty sure every organism does, eventually. What we're talking about is the lowest amount of suffering through death that is possible, while accepting that death is an inevitable consequence in the continued sustenance of life. It's about taking acres of land, liters of water, and grams of biomass and converting it into edible matter in the most efficient fashion we're capable of.

The cricket isn't capable of understanding whether one death is more justifiable than another, I doubt it suffers less if we let them die of old age before we eat them. Shit, they'll eat each other if that happens.
>>
File: Screenshot_22.png (30KB, 1872x195px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_22.png
30KB, 1872x195px
>>7939005
even your narrative is a fantasy m8
>>
>>7939007
>It's about taking acres of land, liters of water, and grams of biomass and converting it into edible matter in the most efficient fashion we're capable of.
That would be plants, then.
>The cricket isn't capable of understanding whether one death is more justifiable than anothe
Then even less so for plants.
>>7939011
I gave the benefit of the doubt that I was talking to just one incoherent retard instead of a pack.
>>
>>7939018
>That would be plants, then
this is wrong asshat, it's only true for some of the nutrients we need, not all of them.
>>
>>7939032
The only nutrient that you cannot find in plants in B-12, which we can synthesize now.
>>
>>7937493
which copypasta is this?
>>
>>7939040
that doesn't make plants the most efficient biofactory for all those molecules, just because they're capable of it doesn't make them the best choice.
>>
>>7939047
Resource-wise, they are the most efficient. Ethically, they are also the most efficient. I do not give a shit about people eating meat. I eat meat. I just don't try to hide that fact that it is less ethically and nutritionally sound than an all-plant diet.
>>
File: 1484397465876.png (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484397465876.png
20KB, 225x225px
>>7939045
A variation of this I believe
>>
>>7939058
>Resource-wise, they are the most efficient.
I am trying to tell you that this is not true and insects provide more efficient protein but you refuse to listen instead just clinging to this untrue idea.
>>
>>7939092
I am trying to tell you for an efficient diet humans do not need more protein than that which they can find in plants. You are talking about efficiency, when meat protein is vastly over-represented in the average american diet and is largely unnecessary. The nutritional focus on protein and calcium within our society is emphasized by the meat and dairy industry in order to drum up demand. It is without warrant, especially considering there are several well respected high-performance athletes who are vegan, and switched for the specific reason of nutritional efficiency.
I am trying to tell your that you are being hoodwinked but you refuse to listen instead just clinging to this untrue idea. Do you eat bugs?
>>
>>7939110
if you eat enough plants to fulfill your protein requirement then you're probably eating too large a volume of food to begin with and could cut down on your biomass intake and the acreage footprint of your stomach on the world by eating insects.

it still doesn't matter what I eat because I'm not the one who claimed to be ethical. my claim, was that being vegan is not ethical. I don't need to be ethical to make that claim.
>>
>>7939542
>if you eat enough plants to fulfill your protein requirement then you're probably eating too large a volume of food to begin with
That is a bullshit myth popularized by cattle farmers.
>>
>>7939802
anon cowspiracy isn't a real documentary it's just propaganda by the auto industry to disperse the heat off of fossil fuels

I'm not talking about cow meat, I'm talking about crickets. the statistics involved are completely different.
>>
>>7939899
what the fuck are you talking about? I have already told you your bug idea is stupid and is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. It isn't as efficient as farming crops, and humans do not need that much protein to begin with. Do you eat bugs?
>>
File: Stop Replying.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Replying.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
Why has this /acegen/ become a debate about veganism? Are we this easily baited?
>>
>>7939951
>It isn't as efficient as farming crops
citation needed.
>>
>>7940283
I mean, at least we're getting free bumps
>>
>>7940302
something about this statement makes me feel vaguely sexually attracted to asexuals

like maybe I'd just do it and they would sort of just submit and take it while reading a book, sort of experiencing an involuntary purely physiological orgasm while doing so

this is neat to me because as a demisexual I rarely feel any sort of sexual attraction to any idea of non-romantic sexual intimacy

no it would probably still be romantic for me even then
>>
File: rick.png (279KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
rick.png
279KB, 512x384px
>>7940317
>>
>>7940324
more responses like this to destroy the feeling of hope inside me pls
>>
File: Darkholme.jpg (35KB, 428x358px) Image search: [Google]
Darkholme.jpg
35KB, 428x358px
>>7940329
>>
File: fbm.png (34KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
fbm.png
34KB, 300x250px
>go on a couple dates with a QT that acknowledges my asexuality
>asks about my limits with physical touch
>say that I'm not a touchy person at all besides casual platonic stuff
>ends up telling me its not going to work out because they're very physically affectionate
>>
>>7940437
he just wants to pet you kitty kat
>>
>>7926208
>>7926216
>frigid and robotic
I'm distant unless someone else initiates conversation. Also I'm kinda robot unless I'm comfortable with the people around me.
>unattractive
People were interested in me in high school and college, so I must not be awful?
Socially awkward but not autistic.
>basement dweller
No.
>white
Yes.
>nerd
Yes.
No.
>loner
It comes and goes.
>young
>prudish
Sort of. For example, I don't do drugs, but many of my friends do and it doesn't bother me.
>manipulative sociopath
No.
>>
>>7940317
>demisexual
>>
>>7940605
yes. that is a word.
>>
>>7940437
>>7940493
If you don't want them I'll take them
>>
>>7940618
Does acegen actually believe this
>>
>>7940656
I've shoved enough people away form my dick for it to be a possibility
>>
>>7940283
autists tend to be ace and they also take the bait easily
>>
>>7940656
no it's a fucking tumblr word for "I'm not a slut like those normies"
>>
>>7941477
I have never posted anything on tumblr though

I've never fit in anywhere
>>
>>7941497
congrats, you're just like the rest of us. We either cling to what we barely fit in to or cut ourselves down until we fit into the hole we want.
>>
>>7941497
Dude, in 31 and have no idea what i am. No one really does. The You of today is different than the you of 5 years ago.

Just do whatever you want and be happy, that's how i roll
>>
>>7941510
>We either cling to what we barely fit in to or cut ourselves down until we fit into the hole we want.
I would rather redefine the structure and expectations of society itself than change myself to suit it's preference. I'm going to continue doing neither of those things and being rejected as much as it needs to happen.
>>
>>7941681
I don't really see being happy as something that's necessary.
>>
File: t86bxafj1spree6o1_400.gif (252KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
t86bxafj1spree6o1_400.gif
252KB, 371x371px
>>7941883
>>7941889
>>
>>7941889
Wow, anon, who hurt you
>>
>>7944075
I'm quite sure he's going to reply with something edgy
>>
>>7944075
jeez anon it's more like who didn't
>>
>have a masked husbando that i really like
>wonder why i like him so much
>realize it's because he sounds and emotes so unlike a human that i'm actually comfortable with thinking about having sex-related thoughts to him
>wait shit am i actually ace?
>realize again that i'm still not okay with sex in general and only like fantasies because it's not real and i'm not actually involved
>>
>>7945829
doesn't this just mean you want to believe someone won't hurt you but can't convince yourself because you feel that all humans are rotten
>>
hope you don't mind the long "am I ace" blogpost, not like there's much else happening in the thread
1/3
>grew up in christian family without questioning anything
>had the expectation to not have sex before marriage ingrained into me from as soon as I was told about sex
>looked up pictures of genitals when I was 12
>as in wikipedia articles and google images because I wanted to know what body parts looked like from a purely factual standpoint
>dad found out somehow
>gave me a "what you're doing isn't right" talk without being specific
>he must have thought I was fapping to porn but I didn't realize this at the time (I had started fapping but hadn't associated it with porn)
>told him I just wanted to know more, he got angry because he thought I was lying
>but I was telling the truth so the conversation ended in a stalemate
>have always felt guilty/uncomfortable seeing nudity after that point
>fap 2-3 times a week
>physically stop myself if I start thinking about a girl I know because it feels disrespectful
>the only thing I allowed myself to think about was other guys fapping because under whatever twisted logic it didn't seem disrespectful like thinking of doing things with someone else
>sometimes just think about whatever shit I'm planning on doing today and not using any thoughts at all as stimulus
>had crushes on girls in school, but never acted on it because I thought I would get over it (which I did)
>final years of high school had a close male friend
>he used to hug people a lot
>so did I, but he'd never hug me because "it's different"
>we drifted apart once school ended because his gf was more important (they're still together 4 years later and to this day he blows people off while spending all his time with her)
>was not a clean drift apart for reasons not worth typing up, but there was at least a year that I spent still thinking a lot about him after that
>>
2/3
>spent a good 2 years without any close friends after that, partly due to not putting in the effort but also due to not wanting to risk a one-way dependence like that happening again
>now, final year of university
>have a close male friend again
>much healthier relationship than the one I had in high school
>would prolly come under sensual attraction in the op pasta image, we hug a lot and I sit resting on his shoulder and shit like that
>I miss not hugging anyone when I don't get to see him for a week or 2
>he's effeminate as fuck and people mistake him for gay
>I did at first too, might have been why I first approached him
>he believes he's straight because gay porn does nothing for him
>he's had a couple girlfriends for a few months each but still a virgin, more of a romantic than sexually driven
>we've had conversations about sexuality
>when asked what I am, said I didn't know
>because there's psychological things that are potentially influencing it and I don't want to commit to something that's not true
>sex isn't something that motivates me to want to be in a relationship - but I don't know if that's ace or because I was brought up thinking no sex before marriage was normal
>asked if I've ever gotten an erection from thinking of someone
>said I'm sure I have but I can't think of a time, possibly because I'm blocking it out due to guilt because religious value upbringing
>suggested that I might be ace
>explained the shit that happened when I was 12, my high school friend and I that I think it fucked me up
>said I should try looking at porn just to see if it does anything
>go on all the porn boards on 4chan, the only things that give me a semi were both male/female masturbation
>I believe I've gotten hard to looking at homo doujins before that I looked up when I was curious, didn't tell him this because I wasn't ready to admit having gay thoughts
>my favorite characters in anime/media/whatever tend to be effeminate boys, I think that's aesthetic attraction
>>
3/3
>watched yuri on ice and thought it was cute, doesn't get me hard but part of me wants to have a relationship like that
>this uni friend is kind of like that minus the kissing/ring shit
>I don't think I'm devoid of sexual attraction altogether but also have no desire to initiate anything - possibly because of the whole 'no sex before marriage' indoctrination
>if this friend ever wanted to do gay shit I don't think I would be against it
>maybe in person I'd be less comfortable following through, possibly again because religious morals
>I wouldn't initiate it myself
>don't know if I'm genuinely ace or just gay/bi and/or repressed as fuck due to upbringing and the shit that happened when I was younger

what do, I've been thinking about this shit for weeks now
I don't think I'm devoid of sexual attraction entirely but I'm also not driven by it at all, does that count as ace? I feel like I'm seriously repressed but have no idea how to go about doing anything to fix it
As far as the religious shit goes I'm at the point where I've realized I kind of never really commit to believing any of it and just went along with it because it was normal to me since I grew up with it - but despite that, I still feel some obligation to keep the rules I grew up abiding to since it's not exactly easy to rewrite the morals you grew up with, no matter how illogical they are
Disconnecting myself from church isn't something I can do without causing a huge amount of upset - and I have a fairly healthy relationship with my parents so it doesn't make sense to destroy that - I'd rather just bluff my way through it all and try and go undetected. That means I don't think I could ever commit to a long term gay relationship, but at the moment I don't really have any urge for a het relationship either. I feel like this one close uni friend is enough at the moment, especially since I went years without having anyone to talk to anything personal about (besides essays on 4chan like this)
>>
>>7946329
Labels try to describe reality for convenience, they do not define it. Don't feel the need to lump yourself in with a term, especially if you are still unsure about your sexuality. Just bee yourself.
>>
>>7946423
the first few times other random people suggested I might be ace my response was that I don't care for labels like that, but I feel like it comes off sounding like an autist and I'm just trying to deflect the question (which is true because I didn't want to talk about it with them)

>Don't feel the need to lump yourself in with a term
Makes sense and is generally how I feel, just curious what actual ace people thought since it's been on my mind a lot lately. Would be nice if I didn't have to say "I don't know" or unconvincingly say "straight" just to avoid drawing attention but it's not like it comes up much anyway
>>
>>7946079
nah humans are just gross and i don't like them near me. Like large insects. Nice to look at from a monitor but don't put them near my face, please.
>>
>>7947813
how do you feel about realistic horse masks

that is my fetish
>>
>>7947929
Are they still connected to a human?
>>
>>7947942
I've been told I'm not a human and actually some sort of a monster. I sure don't identify myself as being human.
>>
>>7948033
ew, no then
>>
>>7948037
don't be so tsundere
>>
File: v_400.png (4KB, 309x104px) Image search: [Google]
v_400.png
4KB, 309x104px
>every single time media stops the plot for a dumb romance sequence

there was this scene where people were literally covered in fish guts and blood and I was internally groaning when they decided it was now the right time to kiss eachother's smelly faces
>>
Are you physically disgusted by sexual contact or just indifferent towards it and have no motivation to seek it out?
>>
>>7950921
It depends on the person.
>>
>>7950921
I enjoy some nonsexual contact sexually (BDSM stuff), am indifferent to some sexual contact (giving a HJ), and am disgusted by other sexual contact (being penetrated).
>>
>>7887835

We do feel attraction. It's just that we generally don't feel sexual attraction.

See, you can find something looks good and not want to fuck it. I can look at someone who works out and can appreciate the amount of work and sacrifice needed to get to that point. It doesn't mean that I want to help them with some mutual aerobic exercise.

>>7888969
Loathe as I am to give Big Bang Theory any mention, Amy Farrah Fowler is one of the best examples of a Grey Ace. She obviously has some sexual desires, although they tend to center around Autism Stereotype Sheldon, who is also an Ace Stereotype on top of that

There's also the Ninth and Tenth Doctors. The same episide that introduced Pansexual Stereotype Jack also implied that the Doctor is at least Celibate, if not outright Ace. Ten didn't want anything to do with romance and all those "Make a mockery of Elizabeth the Firsts title" was stuff added in by Moffat.

>>7891000
I've gone with "Goku was pretty much raised in the wild and animals don't kiss. Chichi managed to get him to marry her by saying that Marriage is what herons do and that Goku DID promise to marry her"

>>7893075
I'm not a huge drinker. I mean, I'm on the verge of getting my acceptance letter into the Invisible College and I STILL don't know what my drinking preferences are.

>>7893438
Please indicate on the doll where the Asexual person DIDN'T touch you.

>>7905135
We may not participate in docking with each other, but it is useful/nice to know that we are not alone in unfriendly waters.

>>7923483
I personally do not. Most celebrities disgust me. I prefer reclusive celebrities.

>>7926208
OK, in order
>No
>Eye of the beholder
>Yes, legit diagnosis
>No
>Yes
>Yes
>No
>Yes
>Edge of not
>That would require being disgusted by the act. If a person wants to make out in public, more power to them.
>No
>>
>>7952084
>Ten didn't want anything to do with romance
rose tyler
Moffat was also responsible for jack and 9's implied celibacy so your argument's pretty weak
>>
>>7952084
So Goku just fucking hammers it home like a wild animal or something and doesn't even care about what Chichi gets out of it?

Or do you think it's more of "mating dance for the sex" kind of thing?
>>
>>7952147

It's more that Herons mate for life. Goku's probably been taught that how humans mate is different to how animals mate. Goku may not have kissed Chichi, but I'm fairly sure that Chichi taught Goku how to preen a human so that they are ready for mating.

Dammit, now you make me want to look up DBS fanfics to see if anyone has written "Gohan gets The Talk from the rest of the Z Fighters" to see how Vegeta would have gone about it.
>>
>>7952207
that's probably the first fanfic that was created, anon.
>>
>be a bi ace
>somehow manage to be two things that don't exist
>tfw you will never be present in the physical realm and must forever roam the astral plane
>>
>>7953059
if you don't get hard from other dudes it means you must be straight by process of elimination
see it's easy you're not special after all
>>
Is that anon that used to recommend fanfics with ace characters still around?
>>
>>7955715
Haven't seen them in a while. When was the last time they were on?
>>
File: 1462738822261.jpg (5KB, 180x183px) Image search: [Google]
1462738822261.jpg
5KB, 180x183px
>>7884074
I don't know if I might be asexual. I consider myself a highly sexual person, always horny and w/e. But simply just looking at an attractive person doesn't give me any type of arousal.

I mostly just crush on girls, but I never think about fucking them. At home I can easily masturbate to porn, but just being around girls just doesn't do anything for me. I remember back in middle and high school I'd have raging hard-ons from just seeing girls in tight jeans. Now I can't. I'm still a virgin, so I don't know how I'd react to actual sex.
>>
>>7957278
I felt very similarly, and after some soul searching I realized what I thought was sexual attraction was just a really intense form of envy, since then I've started transitioning (mtf)

Not saying that's necessarily true for you, it's just my story
>>
Is ace more about not finding people sexually attractive or not having any sexual desire at all?
>>
>cis lesbian
>want to date a girl
>a friend i know for years
>she claims to be asexual
>she never had a bf/gf in her entire life
>she also once said she has no idea how romance works
I don't know. Should i go for it, or will i most likely get turned down? How do you aces react when someone asks you out? Do you actually go out on dates at all?
>>
>>7959999
Has she ever said anything to suggest she wouldn't want to be with a woman?
Would you be comfortable with just cuddling for a while before they're comfortable with anything more than that?
>>
>>7960010
I don't think she did but I'm at least sure she isn't homophobic. She didn't ever indicate she likes men either. Whenever relationships are brought up, she is either confused or says how asexual she is/noone would stand being around her for longer.
I wouldn't force her to anything she wouldn't like, i don't min waiting either.
>>
>>7960022
Could be worth trying if you really want then
>she is either confused or says how asexual she is/noone would stand being around her for longer.
This makes it sound like she might be resistant to the idea of being in a relationship - whether it's just being ace or there's some more deep rooted issues regarding relationship/commitment/self-confidence stuff I can't really say. Look out for that, since speaking negatively about herself can potentially be a tell for deeper issues that might cause problems.

The only other thing I can think of saying is that (for me at least) there's a bit of a blurry line between close friend and partner since in both cases I care more about the relationship than any sexual contact, and I physically hug/rest on/etc my close friends just as I would a partner. Make sure you make your intentions clear once you want it to be a more serious relationship (but also ease into that so she doesn't resist on instinct)
>>
>>7960076
I see. Anything important i should know/pay attention to?
>>
>>7960103
all I've said is all I can think of, but other anons might have additional things to add
>>
>>7960118
Okay, thank you.
>>
>>7959902
come on, man. it's in the op
>>
what are the chances of me finding a female wizard on the ace spectrum and converting her to sex
>>
>>7961890
As much as someone can convert you from having sexual attraction to none.
>>
>>7959999
I had a friend ask me out. Turned him down, then a couple days later changed my mind and said yes (he was cool with my delayed change of mind). The extent of our "dates" were just getting together and watching a movie. I had no idea what I was doing there because like others, for me there's a very much fuzzy line between a relationship and close friendship so I don't really know how to treat them differently. We just kinda cuddled and hung out sometimes. Ended up cutting it off when he tried making it sexual once while cuddling (we had discussed that stuff quite thoroughly in the past).
What I did definitely learn from my brief attempt at dating was that the aforementioned line is so incredibly blurry that I think the only difference may be in name, until maybe the point that you might move in with someone. But then I guess I'd call that more just kinda like living with your best friend

Assuming you're cool with a sexless relationship, you could simply try probing into her preferences in regards to cuddling. If she might be cool with cuddling, you could ask if she'd like to sometime. Establish her as a cuddle buddy. Start hanging out more and more. Maybe after a while of that just go like "Hey, we've basically been dating for a while now. Want to just call it what it is?"

If she's unaware of what to do in a relationship, it may scare her off if you ask her out. Going by what you said at >>7960022, I think that's a very real possibility. She could turn you down because she simply doesn't know what to do. If you managed to make it so you two were basically dating but simply never explicitly called it that, she might come to realize what it actually entails and be comfortable with it.

If at any point you do something and she seems uncomfortable with it, even in the slightest, pull back a bit. I cannot stress this enough. Stay well within her boundaries. Her boundaries may shift over time. Do not force them to change.

Nice quads btw
>>
>>7962870
Tfw no qt boy to cuddle
>>
File: 1434487965760.png (27KB, 251x404px) Image search: [Google]
1434487965760.png
27KB, 251x404px
>bring up asexuality with sibling
>sibling begins to say that no one is born asexual and is most often that way due to a mental disorder or trauma

...welp
>>
>>7964924
prove them wrong (you can't)
>>
Is there any event in your adolescence you can pinpoint where sexual expression was discouraged, you were punished because of something sexual you did or there were severe negative connotations put on sexual thought? Any religious upbringing where sex was taboo?
>>
>>7964935
You're right because there isn't that much funding when it comes to this type of research so all we have is surveys. The best way would probably be able to meet up with asexual people and do a psychological screening

>>7964953
>repeating questions that have been asked already in previous threads
At least ask some new ones, mang. I'll answer this because I'm generous.

Nah, it was pretty much okay to talk about sex stuff. Got "the talk" a lot due to having older siblings but I always kinda thought of sex as this weird thing. Like some kind of dance I couldn't really get the hand of.

At the most, it was the typical "ABSTINENCE AND PURITY' culture the US tends to have that caused me a slight problem but I got over that.
>>
>>7964953
To the contrary. My parents even went out of their way to send me to a sexual education class outside of my high school's absolutely abysmal one. The one they sent me to went pretty in depth and was incredibly sex-positive. No discouragement. Just didn't care.

I also never got "the talk". My parents never really hid any of that stuff from me so I was fully able to discover it on my own thanks to the internet. I actually found porn first at age 8 thanks to Warcraft III, and back then I could never figure out why there were so many hentai maps and maps with porn as the minimap (somehow). I was always just annoyed because that made it just a bit harder to find a map to play on. I'm mentioning this because that's the earliest thing I can think of where something sexual, porn, was seen as negative by me.

Also, I have to commend my high school. They had only one class of the sex ed section that had the stupid "abstinence and purity" shit, probably by law or something. They tried to avoid anything remotely political, but they did an alright job at trying to teach anatomy and at not showing STDs in order to scare us away from sex. And they didn't push heterosexuality.
Oh who am I kidding, they did basically nothing because they were probably afraid of parents on both sides of the debate.

When I was younger and got an iPod touch I watched a lot of porn purely out of curiosity. Didn't really get it. Also had an issue with sleeping, so I'd watch it at night. Ended up learning about masturbation because of trying to google to find ways to get to sleep (doesn't really help me sleep though). Places recommended using porn with it. Now I kinda use porn sometimes when masturbating because my mind has associated it with that. Sometimes I'll still watch some purely out of curiosity if it comes up in some random board or wherever. It's weird stuff.
>>
>>7952214

Oddly enough, Ione of the few DBZ fics I have read is Vegeta giving The Talk to a Female Gohan that goes "The future of the Saiyan race is on your shoulders. Do not doom it by choosing a weak male." Chichi interjects that the guy has to be a doctor or a lawyer and hands a massive plate of food to Goku to distract him.
>>
>>7964953
Its more like because Asian
>>
>>7966069
What are asian parents like regarding telling their kids about sex?
>>
>>7966073
They don't bring it up at all except just don't do the ''thing''
Its not why I'm Ace though.
Speaking of which, have any anons good Ace comics to recommend?
>>
>>7966088
>Ace comics
what would this be? A comic where the protag just doesn't have a love interest or where the protag is in a non-sexual relationship?
>>
>>7966096
Either one would be fine
>>
>>7966088
I will always recommend 14 Nights until I fucking die.
>>
Butt
>>
>>7966096
Literally anything in life that doesn't involve the protagonist sexually involved or driven with someone. Feels like every TV show/movie /comic is about dicks stabbing a girl.
>>
>>7966190

>Sci-FI/Fantasy
Snowpiercer (2013)
Pacific Rim (2013)
Pan’s Labyrinth (2006)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Bridge To Terabithia (2007)

>Disney
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Winnie The Pooh (2011)
Brother Bear (2003)
Brave (2012)
Dumbo (1941)
Finding Nemo (2003)
Pinocchio (1940)
Big Hero 6 (2014)
Maleficent (2014)
Peter Pan (1953)
The Fox And the Hound 2 (2006)
The Little Mermaid 2: Return To The Sea (2000)
The Great Mouse Detective (1986)

>Animation
Song Of The Sea (2014)
Coraline (2009)
The Secret Of Kells (2009)
Action/Drama
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Dead Man (1995)
There Will Be Bood (2007)

>Comedy
Little Miss Sunshine (2006)

>Crime/Thriler
Nightcrawler (2014)
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Cold In July (2014)
Rope (1948)
Buried (2010)

>Studio Ghibli
Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
My Neighbor Totoro (1988)
Pom Poko (1994)
The Borrower Arrietty (2010)
When Marnie Was There (2014)
Spirited Away (2001)
>>
>>7966151
And I will second you, it's amazing.
>>
>>7893075
When I do drink, I have to force myself to do it so that I won't be the soberest guy in the room, so I won't get stuck being the driver or babysitter for my helpless drunk friends. I see no point in drinking for any other reason.
>>
>>7893075
I'm not a teetotaler but I don't think I've ever had alcohol more than 3 times in a year, and never to the point of intoxication.
There's a few reasons why but it's mostly because I don't know how I'd act drunk and I don't want to risk doing/saying any stupid shit with ramifications. I've seen how most of my friends act drunk and they do some really stupid shit that I don't want to be a part of. I don't really get why getting drunk is considered an enjoyable thing honestly
>>
File: jughead.jpg (126KB, 600x569px) Image search: [Google]
jughead.jpg
126KB, 600x569px
>>7884074
Jughead loves anime.
>>
My dad keeps trying to convince me that I'm not ace just because I enjoy having sex with my boyfriend. How do I make him wake up?
>>
>>7967661
sounds like you need better friends
>>
>>7968004
>chocklit
???
>>
>>7968016
Has your mom ever made your dad do something with her that he managed to get some minor enjoyment out of, but he would never have suggested and that he'll never do again unless she makes him? Tell him it's like that.

If that analogy doesn't work, threaten to cut him out of your life/tell everyone he molested you/put him in a home.
>>
>>7968043
Christ, I was just trolling. You people are delusional.
>>
>>7968051
>falling for a counter-troll
>>
>>7968033
Clearly the less dysfunctional thing would be to work out a DD/babysitter beforehand, but if I ever bring up the idea before the drinking starts I inevitably get stuck with the burden of being it because they know I don't like drinking. So I have to wait to bring up the subject until I'm at least a couple of shots deep. Once someone other than me is identified as the soberest person in the room and officially put in charge of dragging everyone home/keeping them from getting into fights/cleaning up their vomit, then I can rest easy and drink mixers while pretending they have vodka in them for the rest of the night.
>>
>>7968043
>tell everyone he molested you

the boy who cried wolf
>>
File: le_happy_tailor.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
le_happy_tailor.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
>>7968082
The moral of that fable is "never tell the same lie twice."
>>
>>7968114
so what are you going to do when you get raped?
no one will believe you.
>>
What does acegen do for a living?
Do you guys have qt bf/gfs
>>
>>7968794
I'm an equipment technician for oxygen concentrators, and nope no bf.
>>
>>7968794
I'm a fucking disgrace of a college student that has no job because of my utter disgusting self and I'm going to be 5ever alone.
>>
>>7968794
uni student with uni jobs like running tutorials because good grades mean people ask you to do stuff

only qt friends but that's good enough because I get to hug them anyway
>>
what should the name of the next thread be?
>>
>>7969550
/acegen/ - Asexual General
>>
>>7969589
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean what edition should it be called?

Threads before used to be "insert something here" edition. When I got busy and wasn't creating new threads and new topics, I guess someone else would just copy and paste the OP and not even bother to make a topic question.

So in a few months, it became the boring norm.
>>
>>7969615
"how do you know you're not just repressed" edition
>>
>>7969656
now that's a strong one
>>
>>7968038
Chocolate shop

>>7968016
Link him to your tumblr. That'll show him! If that doesn't work, scream about the patriarchy. If that doesn't work, perform slam poetry.

>>7968794
I'm a college student with little free time and whose only job is running a planetarium one day of the week. A best it offsets the cost of eating out with friends, which I've stupidly been doing more and more recently. But, friends make up for not having a relationship. Except I can't cuddle with any of them. Although I think at least 1 might be down for it if I asked (they're with someone though, but I think they me well enough to know I would mean just cuddling for the sake of cuddling (and also I'm out to them)), I'm afraid to ask out of fear of the possibility of scaring them away or it seeming like my having gotten close to them (because I like them as a person and enjoy being friends) was just to get closer to them for some kind of stalkerish reason or whatever. And the person has some anxiety problems here and there so they may think that. And I've recommended they break up with the person they're with because desu the relationship is unhealthy. So if I ask to cuddle it might seriously, seriously come off the wrong way
I'm ranting oops

>>7968914
Yeah I feel you dude. I 100% feel you.

>>7969661
Better than nothing, good enough.
>>
>tfw someone talks about how they admire taro yoko for distributing nier automata fanart with 'dem legs' and 'dat booty'
>tfw just smile and 'haha yeah' even though not attracted to it
>>
why is it /acegen/ and not /ace/? isn't the 'gen' redundant since the whole "/.../ with a non-board name" implies it's a general?
>>
File: 1489825626525.jpg (20KB, 361x468px) Image search: [Google]
1489825626525.jpg
20KB, 361x468px
>>7970378
Would the same picture in op suffice though for the new thread
>>7968914
FeelsBadMan
>>
>>7968890
Also that sounds oddly specific, how'd you get that job
>>
Is it weird to cuddle a guy who's got a girlfriend? does it count as a purely platonic thing or is it in some weird middle ground where it depends on the intentions behind it?
>>
>>7971811
It depends on the context, but normally that just sounds weird. Are you a cis grill?
>>
>>7971811
I'd say it depends on the guy (and maybe what his girlfriend think's of it) since cuddling is a bit different for everyone. Most of the people I've talked to say cuddling is more of an intimate thing that they'd rather do with a significant other.

Always worth asking if he would cuddle just for the comfy fun of cuddling.
>>
>>7937165
>like what do you think about or look at?
I never look at anything because it does nothing
As far as thinking goes, usually nothing - ie general thoughts that would be the same if I wasn't fapping at all
Sometimes I'm being self aware about trying to figure out what I'm thinking of and why (and if it could mean I'm not ace after all)
Sometimes I think of the act of fapping itself, but I think it comes from the perspective of purely enjoying what it feels like rather than any kind of fantasy involving pretending I'm with another person
Sometimes I think of other guys I know fapping but I don't know how to interpret that - I can't use those thoughts to get hard in the first place and I don't think it helps maintain the boner or anything, like above I think it might be more about the act itself rather than the person. Like I'm thinking more about how they would do it rather than the fact it's them specifically. I don't know if it counts as actual sexual attraction or not because I don't ever think about fucking them for real.

It's like I've got some kind of subconscious fascination with masturbation specifically and for whatever reason it doesn't carry on to caring about actual sex with another person
I don't really understand it and I certainly can't talk to any of my friends about it since they're involved it'd make them uncomfortable as fuck

I only fap when I 'need' to - ie it's been a few days, boners are happening on their own and it's getting sensitive as fuck. Usually in the morning when I wake up with it because it's the most convenient
>>
Are you comfortable being ace or do you ever wish you could be more 'normal' instead? How often do you need to explain yourself when someone doesn't understand how you don't find something arousing? Or do you just bluff to not draw attention to yourself?
>>
>>7971468
Tradition I suppose

>>7971545
I don't see why not

>>7972064
In comfortable with it because that's just how I've experienced life, but at times I wish I wasn't. I seldom have to explain myself because I'm not going and spouting on about asexuality to everybody.
>>
>>7972128
It's not really a matter of trying to draw attention to yourself, I meant it the other way - I know I have normie friends who say things like "hey look how hot that girl is" or "which one would you fuck" and I just try and deflect it (or even avoid hanging out with them) since I don't want to draw attention let alone talk about it with them. I'd imagine other people have to put up with similar situations where you're with guys making conversation about objectifying women and you can't relate at all - I'm curious how other aces handle those situations since in my experience it's a very normal thing for guys to talk about in a group
>>
>>7968128
Arrange a counter-rape
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.