[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does being gay and the discrimination that follows eliminate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5536.jpg (97KB, 621x706px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5536.jpg
97KB, 621x706px
Does being gay and the discrimination that follows eliminate the benefits you get from white privilege?
>>
>>7876955
White privilege is bull shit. Being gay sucks. Being bi sucks. Being lesbian is an annoyance. Being trans sucks a lot. These things sucking is not straight privilege. Fuck off.
>>
>>7876966
There is certainly a straight privilege. On Valentine's Day all the ads on internet/tv were showing straight couples.
>>
>>7876981
How is that a privilege? If anything that's just increased representation, and contrary to social justice groupthink most people don't really give a crap about representation because we have more important things in our lives to think about.
>>
>>7876998
What if it makes a gay person commit suicide? You don't think repreations aren't in order?
>>
>>7877012
No, and if they commit suicide over something as insignificant as that they have way more problems than just wanting more LGBT people in the media.
>>
>>7877012
this is why cis people need to die. baka
>>
>>7876966
>White privilege is bull shit.
why do you think this?
>>
>>7876998
this.
literally who gives a flying fuck if advertisers target you or not. Be thankful they aren't intentionally stuffing your mind with bullshit.
>>
>>7877043
I'm sorry, do you see any scholarships or affirmative action for being white? Privilege is all about things being handed to you. In the west, white people are pretty much the ONLY race that doesn't get things handed to them. TL;DR ironically it's the non-whites that are blind to their own privilege.
>>
>>7877043
Are you the same retard from the day before last who called us all bigots for not being feminist? Or is there just a factory pumping you intellectual malformities out on us?

>>7877064
This here is why white privilege is bull shit. Also because you have a real failure to understand the psychology of the flavor of bull shit that you are pushing. "Privileged v Marginalized" is a real clever way of saying "good guy v bad guy," whether either side has any emotional charge beyond those terms or not.
>>
>>7877043
Different Anon here. White and poor. I believe the only real privilege is class privilege. It doesn't matter what colour you are or what's between your legs. Privilege comes from money.
>>
>>7876955
>Implying white privilege is real
So I guess there is black privilege in South Africa huh?
>>
>>7878524
I think being given free farms expropriated from white farmers qualifies as privilege, yes.
>>
>>7876955
I believe in different people getting treated differently in an unfair way for things they can't help.
You could call that privileges for people who don't have to deal with that, or you could call it dis-privilages/hindrances for people who do have to deal with that.
It's not just a white cishet male thing though. Black people have their privileges, women sure as fuck have privileges (more than men I'd say desu). It's dependent on situation and society.

None the less, sjw's play the game dishonestly, and that's what annoys people.
>>
>>7878576
It warms my heart to see so many people calling out SJW bullshit so quickly these days.

I remember when you couldn't argue against it in any blue board on 4chan without getting incredibly condescending responses. You still get them today, but there are at least more people now willing to make it a conversation.
>>
>>7877043
I've never felt disadvantaged for not being white in the USA. White privilege is just an excuse that white people made up as to why blacks and latinos aren't up to speed
>>
I'd say that there's no white privilege, or any lgbt underprivilege.
>>
The only privilege that is real is female privilege.
>>
White privilege is a Judaic myth.
>>
>>7876981

It's almost as if the majority of the population is straight...oh wait.
>>
>>7877043

Because 'White privilege' didn't stop Indians, Irish, Asians, or Jews from socio-economically advancing. These groups achieved parity or surpassed Whites because socio-racial stratification is caused by biological variance in average IQ and not by racial privilege.
>>
>>7877322

Make Leftism dialectical materialist again.
>>
File: 1474680651751.png (182KB, 498x719px) Image search: [Google]
1474680651751.png
182KB, 498x719px
>>7880007
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.