[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ftm here.. any advice on coming out without looking like a transtrender/ayyden?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

ftm here.. any advice on coming out without looking like a transtrender/ayyden? (yeah i do make an effort to look masculine but don't pass well since i'm petite with a girly face)
or should i just get thicker skin and not give a shit if they think that i'm just doing it to be trendy.
>>
ummm
Don't get gauges and shave the side of you head?
>>
>>7872542

>gauges

Why does this seem to be common among AFABs? I would have thought its main appeal would be to cis guys.
>>
>>7872550
Well I was in high school I think when they started getting popular and a lot of skater guys wore them. I'd assume just from my observation a lot of ftm's dress like skater guys
>>
File: 1487724792220.jpg (61KB, 749x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1487724792220.jpg
61KB, 749x1065px
wear normal clothes (keep up with what guys are wearing normally and adjust yourself to that)
go a clothing size up (i'm small and wear a medium because it hides my breast bulge and figure)
unisex shoes (vans are good)
normal haircut (short, nothing butch lesbian-y)
don't talk about being trans at all after you come out except if you have to
develop a mostly male social circle
try and work out
play some sports
avoid feminine clothes, jewelry, makeup, etc
don't be a thin skinned fag

that's pretty much all i can give you
>>
>>7872512
Develop a thick skin.

There's no reason to transition to be more comfortable with your body if it means censoring the things you enjoy and becoming uncomfortable socially. Take no prisoners make no apologies.
>>
Gettibg on T and dressing like a man as instead of a lesbian are two key points. Learn to speak from the back of your mouth more or you'll sound like a flamer even after T has kicked in.
>>
Don't dye your hair, don't wear tumblr glasses, limit the number of piercings you have, try to be a normal guy rather than a bishounen femboy.
>>
File: 5(62).png (455KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
5(62).png
455KB, 960x560px
>>7872591
thanks man.. good advice you got there. especially with the whole 'don't talk about being trans'
i don't wanna make it my whole identity. just wanna be seen as a guy.
>>
>>7872512
if you're not in a situation where you will be actively murdered by family or the like for it (and if you're considering coming out you probably aren't), go to /r/steroidsourcetalk on reddit and diy t
it is safe, despite general propaganda otherwise (probably safer than mtf diy given the side effect profiles of all their antiandrogens)
you should be passing to cis people somewhere within a couple months and a couple years ('petite with a girly face' does not imply good ftm genes)
if you're a trans guy and aren't on t people will constantly give you shit no matter what you do
>>
File: kill me.jpg (42KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
42KB, 499x499px
>>7872512
best option is to go for it so long as you dont live in either the midwest or the south
and if thats not an option just roam around town till you find a doctor willing to give you hormones, they cant legally tell your family if you're over 18. just make sure they take your insurance
>>
>>7872512
So I found myself jealous of you OP, and I think that jealousy might actually contain the answer. Ill elaborate: as I read your post, I found myself very envious of the fact that your biggest concern when coming out was appearing to be a cliche, because i had to fear familial and societal abandonment, violence, and all of the cliche things.

And voila! That is your answer; in order to avoid looking like one cliche, simply look like another. If you appear as if you're terrified of being abandoned and riddled with guilt over what you may be doing to your family and apprehensive of new people out of fear of violence, people will see you as a normal (by their standards) trans person. They wouldn't doubt the validity of your claims (I'm assuming that you live in a relatively progressive area and/or have a healthy supportive social group due to your "first world worries" (no offence for real, im happy for you)) and would probably view you as someone who has known they're trans forever and struggled with how to come out (not making assumptions about you, just giving you what theyll prob think.)

So yeah be the other cliche
>>
>>7872591
Why would talking about being trans be necessary to develop a mostly male social circle?
>>
>>7872512
Your friends, if you have any, should know you're not a trender when you come out. Just do you. If you know you're not one, just do it as right as you can. I personally came out to (online) friends and my therapist and went on hrt long before coming out to my family (they found out when I OD'd while in girls clothes) or transitioning publically.

If you think you have a good base of people to come out to, that should be super helpful in your transition.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.